Cheer Squad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

Saints premiers that is a wonderful idea however i know for a fact that alot of cheersquad members already attend victory games and it doesn't seem to help.

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

bloody differant sport Soccer fans have 90 mins or yawning to think up witty chants in Football by the time the chant is strated the next goal is scored !! im not a big fan of chants as 9/10 they are lame (exception being the haaaaaaaaaarveeeeeeeeeeey chant ) i would rather the entire saints following not just the cheer squad yelling and cheering as load as they can the roar of the crowd kicks any lame ass Soccer chant to hell

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I will never go near the cheersquad again, I sat with them in the match vs Hawthorn also known as the worst game in the history of the AFL...
One of the cheersquad members asked my mate to leave because he was wearing a hawthorn scarf, we were in the very back row of the cheersquad reserved seating, we were a good 4-5 rows behind the majority of the cheersquad themselves, my mate is one of the quietest blokes you will ever see at the footy, wouldn't even clap for mark of the year...

IMO that isn't on, I am not for football segregation like there is in european soccer, that is one of the things I love most about the AFL, you can go and see a game with your mates even if they're supporting the other team, the winning supporters then hang shi*t on the losing supporters but it's all in good fun and there's nothing serious about it...

We didn't sit there because we wanted to join in with the lame 4 year olds' chants, we just wanted to sit there because they were pretty good seats, nowhere near enough people rocked up to fill out the reserved area however one member of the cheersquad felt it was her duty to make my Hawthorn supporting mate leave the cheersquad area, we eventually came to a compromise and he took his scarf off... At that moment in time I was embarassed to support the same team as that group of people...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
ben_fff
Club Player

That's a pretty piss poor effort from the cheer squad.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

ben_fff wrote:That's a pretty piss poor effort from the cheer squad.
I reckon, like I can see where they're coming from, I mean it is the St.Kilda cheer squad, however if they can't even fill out the seats that they have reserved what harm would it be to have a near neutral Hawthorn supporter sitting a few rows back...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I will never go near the cheersquad again, I sat with them in the match vs Hawthorn also known as the worst game in the history of the AFL...
One of the cheersquad members asked my mate to leave because he was wearing a hawthorn scarf, we were in the very back row of the cheersquad reserved seating, we were a good 4-5 rows behind the majority of the cheersquad themselves, my mate is one of the quietest blokes you will ever see at the footy, wouldn't even clap for mark of the year...

IMO that isn't on, I am not for football segregation like there is in european soccer, that is one of the things I love most about the AFL, you can go and see a game with your mates even if they're supporting the other team, the winning supporters then hang shi*t on the losing supporters but it's all in good fun and there's nothing serious about it...

We didn't sit there because we wanted to join in with the lame 4 year olds' chants, we just wanted to sit there because they were pretty good seats, nowhere near enough people rocked up to fill out the reserved area however one member of the cheersquad felt it was her duty to make my Hawthorn supporting mate leave the cheersquad area, we eventually came to a compromise and he took his scarf off... At that moment in time I was embarassed to support the same team as that group of people...
wtf armoooo????? :roll:
the cheer squad reserved seats our ours, not you stupid hawthorn supporters! he deserved more than being asked to leave! ffs, get a grip, you cant have opposition supporters in our cheer squad!
hes lucky he was only askedto leave, ifit was me i would of justknocked him out straight away!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
I reckon, like I can see where they're coming from, I mean it is the St.Kilda cheer squad, however if they can't even fill out the seats that they have reserved what harm would it be to have a near neutral Hawthorn supporter sitting a few rows back...
doesnt matter if we have all seats taken up, or just 3.
their ours, we pay for them each year, if you want to sit in them pay your $20 share. for interstate games thats different, because we obviously want as many saints fans as possible in the one bay!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
HarveysDeciple

saintdooley wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
doesnt matter if we have all seats taken up, or just 3.
their ours, we pay for them each year, if you want to sit in them pay your $20 share. for interstate games thats different, because we obviously want as many saints fans as possible in the one bay!
exhibit a your honour :wink:

and people wonder why the CS gets bagged.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'm actually with you Dooley to some extent.....agree that opposition supporters showing their colors have no right to sit in OUR cheersquad, BUT if seats are empty, then by all means other Saints fans should fill the void (it looks really STUPID when the Cheersquad is only a quarter full Dooley.....you should take a look yourself from a higher vantage point - ie. Level 3 and you'll get my drift!).

Also - Hawks fans aren't stupid, they are prob (after Saints fans) the most respectable bunch!

HarveysDeciple

some saints fans that aren't members get asked to leave to....not so much a problem with oppo, but this other example is unacceptable.

Don't want bag you guys though, because you do a fantastic job.

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

Well I know a certain person that sits in the cheer squad every week that is not a Saints fan. No one says anything, we make him sit there. We we play that team we don't sit there, and if we lose, he's not getting a lift home.

He was actually told off once, we were playing West coast I think and a score for another game came on and and he said 'Go Hawks' and the woman in front started yelling at him to get out of there. That's when my old man stepped in.

There's a few people in there that sit near me that I really want to shoot sometimes, the same guy that asks me if im a cheer squad member every f****** week, when ive been in that cheer squad for 10times longer than he has. That guys a banana (word edited by mod:-P)

Too lazy to update my username
yipper
SS Life Member

Yes, at away games - you go and ask can we sit with you guys for the game and get told no. You scan around at the C.S through the game - and bingo. Empty seats. Fill em' with Sainters I say - if you have empty seats at a game give them away to saints fans.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Yes, at away games - you go and ask can we sit with you guys for the game and get told no. You scan around at the C.S through the game - and bingo. Empty seats. Fill em' with Sainters I say - if you have empty seats at a game give them away to saints fans.
Agreed

Sheesh..I would sincerely hope that NOBODY..AND I MEAN NOBODY wearing the colours of the team we are playing are allowed in our cheer squad..if we allowed that we'd be the laughing stock of the comp.

Sone clubs (in hawks I think) have fundraising fines in their CS's for NOT wearing the colours..let alone the oppositions LOL

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote: hes lucky he was only askedto leave, ifit was me i would of justknocked him out straight away!
you are a massive tool

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
saintdooley wrote: hes lucky he was only askedto leave, ifit was me i would of justknocked him out straight away!
you are a massive tool
lol,calm down, ive broken my space bar from ninja!
that game is so hard! :evil:

Darren
Club Player

ffs, get a grip, you cant have opposition supporters in our cheer squad!
Just a quick question, is there a rule about this? :o

Solar
Saintsational Legend

the cheer squad really need to have an overhaul, get to the stage where they cannot keep up with demand. Like when the club pushes it's membership, the cheer squad need to sell themselves. If this means having a deep hard look at themselves then so be it.

There are many of us out there that would love to be involved but certain things stop us. I implore the cheer squard to investigate this and look at creating solutions to make it the best and loudest cheer squad in the league.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

nope.
but i wouldnt think the cheer squad has to make up rules saying no oppisition colours allowed in the cheer squad.
Last edited by saintdooley on Wed 19 Dec 2007 3:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darren
Club Player

Fair enough :)

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Is the cheer squad even worth it? because they are official they have to follow quite strict rules and screw that, sitting behind the goals on the bottom level is a crap place to sit anyway...

If the Moorabin Wing could find some voice and become the real cheer squad of St.Kilda it would be a lot better IMO...

I don't even think the players notice the cheer squad anyway, they definitely don't pay them any real attention...

And for people who say don't complain unless you plan to do better to hell with that, some stupid little chants aren't going to do anything, the players aren't going to take the time to try and make out what they're actually saying unless they're on the bench... all you have to do is cheer when we're doing something good and boo when the other team are, it's that simple...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote: wtf armoooo????? :roll:
the cheer squad reserved seats our ours, not you stupid hawthorn supporters! he deserved more than being asked to leave! ffs, get a grip, you cant have opposition supporters in our cheer squad!
hes lucky he was only askedto leave, ifit was me i would of justknocked him out straight away!
I have never minded you at all, but with that comment I have lost all respect for you, that is a pathetic attitude to have, fair enough if you don't want him there but to go the stage of violence for supporting another team that is just embarrassing....

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:the cheer squad really need to have an overhaul, get to the stage where they cannot keep up with demand. Like when the club pushes it's membership, the cheer squad need to sell themselves. If this means having a deep hard look at themselves then so be it.

There are many of us out there that would love to be involved but certain things stop us. I implore the cheer squard to investigate this and look at creating solutions to make it the best and loudest cheer squad in the league.
thank you Solar
this is one of the only posts i bother reading, because you are giving us a bit of crap and telling us what to do to fix the problems, not just giving us crap and more crap like some others.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote: (my favorite being "Stephen Milne walks on water", because it doesn't even rhyme, they obviously just like the chant from it's previous incarnations)
That chant dosen't HAVE to rhyme, its set to the tune of "Deck The Halls" (hence the la la la la la la la part) but it has been used before Milney, I know that much.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Is the cheer squad even worth it? because they are official they have to follow quite strict rules and screw that, sitting behind the goals on the bottom level is a crap place to sit anyway...

If the Moorabin Wing could find some voice and become the real cheer squad of St.Kilda it would be a lot better IMO...

I don't even think the players notice the cheer squad anyway, they definitely don't pay them any real attention...

And for people who say don't complain unless you plan to do better to hell with that, some stupid little chants aren't going to do anything, the players aren't going to take the time to try and make out what they're actually saying unless they're on the bench... all you have to do is cheer when we're doing something good and boo when the other team are, it's that simple...
That's a bit harsh, the Cheer Squad have a role and FWIW they do a good job. The amount they spend each and every week during the footy season on the run throughs, just for starters....

Yep I hate sitting behind the goals but that is where all cheer squads sit.

Just my opinion, but leave them alone

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Solar wrote:the cheer squad really need to have an overhaul, get to the stage where they cannot keep up with demand. Like when the club pushes it's membership, the cheer squad need to sell themselves. If this means having a deep hard look at themselves then so be it.

thank you Solar
this is one of the only posts i bother reading, because you are giving us a bit of crap and telling us what to do to fix the problems, not just giving us crap and more crap like some others.
Some of us don't give you solutions because we believe the cheer squad to be pretty pointless...