No SPONSOR/S costing $$$$$$$$ !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Would it please you if the board made a press release riccardo?

"The St Kilda Football Club is continuing negotiations with several sponsors, and is hopeful of having these deals announced as soon as possible."

What sort of communication can they give? Details of the contracts they are looking at with sponsors?

The board may have had sponsors lined up, but needed access to the fixture, TV deal, merchandise people, marketing and membership people at the club, playing group, CEO and the financial people to finalise a sponsorship deal.

All those groups have to be brought together and the fine details of the agreements arranged.

Oh, and by the way, at the same time the club has arranged a $10m move for the club to Frankston. I suggest that may have taken up a little of their time ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
yipper
SS Life Member

Oh When the Saints wrote:Would it please you if the board made a press release riccardo?

"The St Kilda Football Club is continuing negotiations with several sponsors, and is hopeful of having these deals announced as soon as possible."

What sort of communication can they give? Details of the contracts they are looking at with sponsors?

The board may have had sponsors lined up, but needed access to the fixture, TV deal, merchandise people, marketing and membership people at the club, playing group, CEO and the financial people to finalise a sponsorship deal.

All those groups have to be brought together and the fine details of the agreements arranged.

Oh, and by the way, at the same time the club has arranged a $10m move for the club to Frankston. I suggest that may have taken up a little of their time ...
And quite a few new arrivals to the staff!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Would also like to see it all done & dusted and out there before Christmas. I also fully understand that The Board & The Admin of the Club are extremely busy with all that is going on behind the scenes.

I guess, like many others I am starting to get a little bit impatient !!

yipper
SS Life Member

Interesting - I've been on the phone quite a bit over the past week or two with the club membership ppl - and they are flat-out busy. But, they were saying the whole club is really buzzing along with so much going on. A very busy group of staff down there at present - and they are also recruiting new staff. Be patient ppl - it will all be very exciting stuff SOON.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Interesting - I've been on the phone quite a bit over the past week or two with the club membership ppl - and they are flat-out busy. But, they were saying the whole club is really buzzing along with so much going on. A very busy group of staff down there at present - and they are also recruiting new staff. Be patient ppl - it will all be very exciting stuff SOON.
Thanks mate !!

I trust your judgement !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Would it please you if the board made a press release riccardo?

Top post..

I really can't believe that some posters on here have labelled the new board as "clowns" ??? Gee can they at least wait a couple of months before they start with the name calling???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Interesting - I've been on the phone quite a bit over the past week or two with the club membership ppl - and they are flat-out busy. But, they were saying the whole club is really buzzing along with so much going on. A very busy group of staff down there at present - and they are also recruiting new staff. Be patient ppl - it will all be very exciting stuff SOON.
fantastic news

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:

Top post..

I really can't believe that some posters on here have labelled the new board as "clowns" ??? Gee can they at least wait a couple of months before they start with the name calling???
Well, clearly they can't :) Actually, I think a couple too many may have genuinely believed that new sponsor arrangements would be immediately forthcoming for a new board, when the reality is there would still have been a lot of work to do even if they had/have people that had said to them they wanted to spend millions sponsoring St. K ASAP if SFF got in.

People should keep in mind however, that while moves so far probably have their roots with the previous admin, when you start a new job, it's always a learning curve - even if only from a logistics perspective. Even if the Frankston deal was sitting ready to sign on Westaways desk on day 1, he'd have had to do a lot of background work to ensure it was something he was happy to put his name to.

Everything takes twice as long the first time you do it, and there's plenty needed to be done.

We should also be aware that while we want a sponsor for the Xmas sales of '08 jumpers, prospective sponsors will be well aware of this as an instigator of urgency for St. KFC, and trying to use it to get the best possible deal... giving them an edge in negotiations. Come January, the edge would swing back to St. Kilda, though by February, there would be genuine urgency if still lacking major sponsors.

Patience people. It will cost us a little in the short term to not sign up major sponsors immediately, but it's more important long term to get the deal right... By and large, it's been a good off-season so far, no need to go and find the cloud for our silver lining just yet.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

I think we will all hear something formal about our new major sponsor within the next 7 days...sounding very good and very close... can"t say more ..

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I'm only voicing my personal perception, once again, it dosen't tow the party line, once again I am marfinalised for it. :roll:

If no sponsors were lined up, they shouldn't have said they were - end of story.

I'm sorry, maybe next time I need to post I should ask what my opinion should be. :roll:

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

I am confidant in telling you that the new major sponsor is directly a contact made to SFF ticket. Had no contact with the club at all.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:

I'm only voicing my personal perception, once again, it dosen't tow the party line, once again I am marfinalised for it. :roll:

If no sponsors were lined up, they shouldn't have said they were - end of story.

I'm sorry, maybe next time I need to post I should ask what my opinion should be. :roll:
got nothing to do with towing the party line or anything.... so stop taking the victim mentality and relise that was you said has been shown to be perhaps nothing more then just letting emotions getting to you.

Nothing I have seen or heard suggests they did not have them lined up. But 6 - 7 weeks is not a long time to work with larger businesses on important long term deals. There are a lot of issues such as signage, games on free to air, the fixture, functions ect. which have to be worked through. Some of these things have only been available in the past 3 weeks.

We don't hear anything by christmas and then we shall be a little worried. But as some have already said, it is better to sign away some very good long term sponsors then rush it

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

brilliantly said solar

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:

Absolute crap.

I'm attacking your point of view.

It's an argument - I disagree with your point of view. Doesn't mean you are being marginalised.

Re: sponsors.

Heard from someone involved with the club that over the next six months or so there are "three to four" sponsors that are being given serious consideration.

The board are looking at a large amount of revenue, and from what I heard there will be some exciting opportunities open up over the next few months.

That is on top of the one that will be unveiled prior to Christmas.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
spert
Saintsational Legend

I'm starting to think that the new sponsor must be ASIO or the CIA due to the ridiculous amount of.. "I can't say yet, but it's happening".."can't mention names" etc going on. The season is a only a couple months away ..for heaven's sake..who are the sponsors??? Mind you, if one has been announced, please disregard this post, otherwise one could think there's a lot of hot air going on with the new board.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

NEW SPONSOR IS ACME.

Had a deal with roadrunner before renegging to a more mild paced mannered outfit.

cant say more cause I made that up and dont know anything else.

Please keep this PM to yourself.

Tks.

“Yeah….nah””
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote: I'm only voicing my personal perception, once again, it dosen't tow the party line, once again I am marfinalised for it. :roll:

Ric, you called the new admin "clowns" just because of the lack of communication of new sponsors

Do you really expect them to leak something to you before any deal is finalised??

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
RBnW
Club Player

Teflon wrote:NEW SPONSOR IS ACME.

Had a deal with roadrunner before renegging to a more mild paced mannered outfit.

Tks.
Maybe its ACME Doors...or Her in Doors or Out Doors or Revolving Doors...Garage Doors....so long at it Shuts the Doors on our major sponsor FF wont be out The Doors....

Our best is yet
to come......
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
Teflon wrote:NEW SPONSOR IS ACME.

Tks.
Maybe its ACME Doors...or Her in Doors or Out Doors or Revolving Doors...Garage Doors....so long at it Shuts the Doors on our major sponsor FF wont be out The Doors....
could be sliding doors......and if only we were 3 seconds later........

“Yeah….nah””
mischa
Club Player

riccardo wrote:I'm only voicing my personal perception, once again, it dosen't tow the party line, once again I am marfinalised for it. :roll:

Riccardo, you should be happy to be marginalised from these idiots! I know I am. Would die if I thought I had anything in common with these ppl :twisted:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
riccardo wrote:I'm only voicing my personal perception, once again, it dosen't tow the party line, once again I am marfinalised for it. :roll:

Riccardo, you should be happy to be marginalised from these idiots! I know I am. Would die if I thought I had anything in common with these ppl :twisted:

some of, mischa, some of :roll: !!

Brian Collis
Club Player

riccardo wrote:

Don't ask for anyones opinion, just think before you post. That way no one will be able to ram anything down your throat!