Kosi - a NO SHOW again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St.M
Club Player

Kosi - a NO SHOW again

has hardly been sighted at training this pre-season....why?

Numbers in the rehab group were plenty as usual, including our two recycled ruckmen (Gardy and King)...with Hayes, Montagna, Goddard, Hudghton, Gehrig, Milne...

Ball, Schnieder, Barlow, X, Harves, Gilbo, Bakes, Gram just running laps...Harvey carving up Xavier

Raph and Kosi were not there at all...

Ben Macca is tall, gangly, huched over and loos unco...has a lot of filling out to do...

Jack Steven....smallish boy, about the size of Baker/Montagna

Eljay....ridiculously small, smaller than Kyle Matthews, if anyone has ever seen him...seems to play in a similar way to Fiora (only smaller) IMO a woeful selection.....he is thinner and less skilled than and shorter than Josh Houlihan and Phil Raymond, who never had the strength and were too outside to make it....hopefully he surprises....why would you not use that pick on a boy who dominated the U18 championships at CHF????

Chivers - Medium Tall, not tall enough to ever be a KPP...about 6'2"

Goddard looking in OK shape, Fraser looks in better nick than last year...Ball looks fit, but is running like a 50 year old...

Lenny has regained some size....

Sam Fisher, Sam Gilbert and Jarred Allen have added weight, and look bigger bodied..

Gwilt looks very muscular.....Gardiner and Dempster look very fit, and are both quite tall (about 6'3")

Everyone else looked in pretty good condition......training was average though...

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Isn't training always bad at this time of year???

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

At this stage of the pre-season, any hint of an injury is taken very seriously. We would rather a player have 1-2 weeks in the 'rehab' group or running laps over no training for 3-4 weeks.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Thanks St.M for the training report....

with Eljay...do you mean short as is height...or just that he is very thin (which perhaps makes him look shorter)?

On draftiung his stats were Eljay Connors - Bendigo Pioneers 181cm, 65kg, DOB: 01/01/90 - (small midf)

So if accurate 181 is not a bad height...and at his age he may well still grow a few cm.

However I must admit that at his selection at 70 I was a bit surprsied given that Gourdis and others were still available.

Still that late in the draft most players have some flaws,,,,,and I will be very interested to know what Gourdis' were as the wraps on him were quite glowing. Maybe a hidden fitness roblem or attitide problem????

However on the Pro side some would have it that he is actuallya cheap pick with his lung problem and young age cheapening his price.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 05 Dec 2007 1:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:At this stage of the pre-season, any hint of an injury is taken very seriously. We would rather a player have 1-2 weeks in the 'rehab' group or running laps over no training for 3-4 weeks.
Misson and the new team are still in the process of assessing all the players too...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I was down there from about 9.45 onwards - not much happening just the rehab group.

I think I saw Kosi upstairs in the players area, but no onfield.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the report st.mart

Bit concerning re: Kosi, but I'm sure we would have heard if it was anything serious.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
GRAMophone
Club Player

Drat....don't like the sound of Bally 'running like a fifty year old'. Would have hoped he would be looking more comfortable with his running by now. :shock:

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

So Kosi was a no-show...

... was Gardy a BigShow?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Thanks St M.

As per usual we have injury worries and one or two blokes on the list that will never hold down a regular senior spot

stinger
Saintsational Legend

misson gives a summary on all the injured and recovering players in today's sun...no mention of kossi so he must just be on a more cautious program......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:misson gives a summary on all the injured and recovering players in today's sun...no mention of kossi so he must just be on a more cautious program......
Also mentioned that all players are on personal and specific training regimes.

Kosi may be on a light program as compared to others.

They walk amongst us...

signed sealed sainter
Club Player

I actually think we should've kept 70 and hope for something in the pre season draft..

Signed Sealed Sainter
Fortius Quo Fidelius
Strength Through Loyalty
stinger
Saintsational Legend

signed sealed sainter wrote:I actually think we should've kept 70 and hope for something in the pre season draft..

we can still have a pick in the pre-season draft if we want to..salary cap permitting...just transfer one of harvey or maxxie to the vets list...would mean one less rookie.......

Sobraz
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
signed sealed sainter wrote:I actually think we should've kept 70 and hope for something in the pre season draft..

we can still have a pick in the pre-season draft if we want to..salary cap permitting...just transfer one of harvey or maxxie to the vets list...would mean one less rookie.......
who, if anyone, is currently on our vets list?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Thanks St M.

As per usual we have injury worries and one or two blokes on the list that will never hold down a regular senior spot
You havent even seen Eljay play and already hes a waste of a spot seriously some people. :roll:

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
stinger wrote:

who, if anyone, is currently on our vets list?

maxi and banger...are paid as vets...so only half their salary counts under the salary cap...but this year they were included in the general list so we could recruit 6 rookie.....

saintly
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

i believe it is too late to do so.

as well there is no salary cap left. gherig went on basic slaary becuase of this.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thanks for the training report St M - Good to hear some of the guys have bulked up :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I cant work this out...

Misson tells us Balls stepped up running ang going really well at present...Marto has him down as 50...

Misson tells us Gardiner is going great.....Marto has him rehab.....with a cast of 20,000 as usual...

Misson no mention of Kosi - Marto has Kosi as a no show again...

Im not having a go here - just cant fathome...

By the way - M Gardiner - Is the nickname "The Big Show"or "A Bit Slow"?

“Yeah….nah””
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Another opportunity awaits!
karnak
Club Player

I am pumped for it this year,

I feel it in my bones!

And I have a knack for these things.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
sainter35
Club Player

[quote]Gehrig comeback didn't surprise us
07 December 2007 Herald Sun
Jon Ralph

ST KILDA star Justin Koschitzke says the Fraser Gehrig comeback that shocked the football world amazed everyone but his own teammates.

Koschitzke, earmarked for the full-forward role in Gehrig's absence, travelled to Europe to visit the recent retiree in the off-season.

Up for an early-morning jog, he was amazed to see Gehrig joining in, and quickly realised the G-Train's competitive fires had not been extinguished.

Gehrig has returned to play at St Kilda, and while it means Koschitzke will push further afield, he could not be more excited.

"I told him when he got backed that I had already cocked my leg in the goalsquare to mark my territory, so he was going to have to push up somewhere, but it's a super result," Koschitzke said.

"He was never really sure about his retirement.

"He went overseas to think about it and we (Matt Maguire, Leigh Montagna and Nick Dal Santo) met him overseas and he jumped on and went for a run with us. We said, 'What are you doing -- you have only been retired for a month, just relax', and you could tell then he was a bit edgy.

"We weren't surprised at all he wanted to go again."

For so long seemingly cursed by injury after his 20-game debut season in 2001, Koschitzke finally strung together some excellent form last year and missed only three games.

His tailored pre-season program has him riding and swimming on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and it gave him the perfect opportunity to help a childhood friend yesterday.

Koschitzke joined Millie Whitehead on the 80km fifth leg of a seven-day, 500km ride from Albury to Warragul to raise money for the Leukaemia Foundation.

Millie's friend Ben Irwin died just two weeks after being diagnosed with leukaemia, and she hopes to raise $10,000 for the charity.

"She is a great friend of mine and Millie's determination inspired me a bit and I thought I would jump on and give her a hand, and do this leg with her," Koschitzke said.

Koschitzke's excellent 2007 means he can enter pre-season able to build valuable fitness base rather than recover from another operation.

"I really started to get among it towards the end of the year and get a little bit of match fitness. The end of the year came prematurely, but I think it's made the side hungrier," he said.

"The only games I missed were with a suspension and a bit of soreness and when I cut my head in Sydney, so the body was great. It held up all year and for training it came up well so the pre-season helped. I couldn't be happier with where I am at."

He says with Gehrig back and Steven King and Michael Gardiner set for big seasons, he may well be used as a third tall forward.

King arrived at St Kilda in superb condition and Gardiner's foot problems finally seem to be behind him.

"It is quite exciting," Koschitzke said.

"They were pulled aside for a bit of ruck work the other day, and they were two bulls going at it, and they are both in good nick, so it was pretty exciting to see two legitimate ruckmen going at it."[

[url]http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 0.html/url]/quote]

Well, hopefully that answers a few of the questions that have been raised on here. Not just on Kosi, but King and Gardiner as well.