Future Clash Jumper Design

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:If I was a betting man my money would be on Mero's white based V-top....
I thought we were trying to shake the "Poor man's Sydney" look.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

not to be rude, but why are people designing red GOLD and black jumpers? did i miss something?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:not to be rude, but why are people designing red GOLD and black jumpers? did i miss something?
There was only one, but Mero thought that for an alternative jumper we could use a modernised version of one of the jumpers we wore in the early 1900's, for a period of time we wore red,black and yellow... I think we had to change it because of the war because we had the same colours as Germany....

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Gazza's Crusader guernsey is the standout for me.
It's everything St.Kilda and it clashes with no-one.
I buy that one in a flash.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mero
Club Player

Tassie Saint
Club Player
Location: In the wilds of Tassie - Where boys become men, and cousins become wives

Armoooo wrote:Here is a recap of all the designs so far, keep them coming....
If I was a betting man my money would be on Mero's white based V-top....
There's a couple missing from that lot... don't forget the black with red cross design
or this one (only cause it's my one that you tidied up for me :wink: ) Image

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!
Mero
Club Player

I also posted this:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Mero wrote:I also posted this:
that one is fab!
its mostly white, has our logo in it, no vertical lines, and looks angy! i like it!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

There you go

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

Some past ones I had lying around..... just from other threads.... some are just your designs re-drawn...

(I thought I did that one with a red back)

And photobucket wont let me log in to the 5th page of my stuff so thats it for now....

Too lazy to update my username
No1_Saint
Club Player

There are some sweet as designs on this thread, it would be nice for the club to acknowledge the dialogue here and properly consider the design with all of the clubs 134 year history in mind and not some 5 second job that ticks town halls boxes.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
that one is fab!
its mostly white, has our logo in it, no vertical lines, and looks angy! i like it!
I would be interested to see how a gradient like that would work on material....
But I think I would rather it if we went for a more traditional design.

Now that we've got a few I was thinking that we should do a vote to see which of these designs are the most popular, I don't think we'll get anymore designs so we should probably start it tonight...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Saints-06-Premiers wrote:Some past ones I had lying around..... just from other threads.... some are just your designs re-drawn...

And photobucket wont let me log in to the 5th page of my stuff so thats it for now....
The only problem is I think that most of them wont cut it for a clash jumper, I would love to go back to the hot cross bun but I think it is too black on the back....

I like to White and Black ones with the two stripes on the side however I think that would be better suited to a training jumper or something similar...

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
that one is fab!
I would be interested to see how a gradient like that would work on material....

Now that we've got a few I was thinking that we should do a vote to see which of these designs are the most popular, I don't think we'll get anymore designs so we should probably start it tonight...
The way jumpers are made these days, gradients aren't a problem on the jumper, they're just ugly.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Some great choices there...these need to be printed off and presented to the club...if anyone is iterested in forming a coordinated group to approach the club with a members view on the future clash jumper pm me.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
Saints-06-Premiers wrote:Some past ones I had lying around..... just from other threads.... some are just your designs re-drawn...

The only problem is I think that most of them wont cut it for a clash jumper, I would love to go back to the hot cross bun but I think it is too black on the back....

I like to White and Black ones with the two stripes on the side however I think that would be better suited to a training jumper or something similar...
Yeh, they were just from some other threads, i just had it on my computer so i thought i'd post.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Some great choices there...these need to be printed off and presented to the club...if anyone is interested in forming a coordinated group to approach the club with a members view on the future clash jumper pm me..will be a good test case as to whether the club is now more open to the members views. 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Mero
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
that one is fab!

Gradients work just like they do on any printer.
The material has the ink injected into it then heated to make it seal.
There's nothing you can't print on a footy jumper with this technoogy.
Problem is, gradients look like crap.
They are designed to give the appearance of 3D, not just be a mish mash of colours. As shown in this case, where some of it is maroon, where the red fades to black. Since when was that a StKilda colour, yet no-one mentions that.
Existing jumpers with gradients, Brisbane Clash 07, Port Clash 05, West Coast Away 00, Footscray Pre Season 02, Geelong Away 98 & Richmond PS 98.
All had some form of gradient on them.

Mero
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:Some great choices there...these need to be printed off and presented to the club...if anyone is iterested in forming a coordinated group to approach the club with a members view on the future clash jumper pm me.
The way the policy reads, clubs must have a Light jumper and a Dark jumper.
Now, given the Home is mostly Dark, the Away or Clash needs to be mostly Light.
Essendon's Clash is 60% Red. So Red is obviously a Light colour in the eyes of the AFL. So is White.
So if less than half the jumper is Black, and its design doesn't clash with other club's designs, then it should be approved.
Which is a long way of saying the 1997 Grand Final jumper would be approved as a Clash/Away jumper, however everyone who was going to buy one has one, so it will never be put forward.

No1_Saint
Club Player

I lik the the Amaroo red "Crusader" design. Thought I'd share.

Mero
Club Player

Just another one.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Mero wrote:Image
Just another one.
nope, not as good as your others

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Mero wrote:Image
Just another one.
Nice, I especially like the back of it, reminds me of a soccer top I have...

Lol, just a sidenote, I looked at the picture for a good 45 seconds before why I realised why you chose to have an S on the front :lol:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

what about not just designing saints jumpers we can do other clubs?
because through out the year in science and geography i have gotten VERY bord, and designed other teams jumpers to fill some time in.
il post them up in 1min

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

they were all done in school (except for the last port one what i did just then), so they are not the best ever. the first port jumper is a mis of their colours today, and their heritage jumper. but i just realised then that it couldnt be a clash jumper as it has vertical lines in it! :evil:
thoughts?