The Bully and the Devil in the blue suit

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
n1ck wrote:This continual bickering back and forth is just a little bit* boring.

* a little bit = alot.
Clearly.

Couldn't agree more.

SR, if you still won't concede your wrong and made an idiotic satement - PM me with your whinging.

Don't bore everyone else with this garbage.
Rodge you made the idiotic statement.

I was just pointing out that I never posted what you said I had.

Once agin when it is shown that you are incorrect...and you fail to back up your false claims you resort to petty name calling.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
n1ck wrote:This continual bickering back and forth is just a little bit* boring.

* a little bit = alot.
Clearly.

Couldn't agree more.

SR, if you still won't concede your wrong and made an idiotic satement - PM me with your whinging.

Once agin when it is shown that you are incorrect...and you fail to back up your false claims you resort to petty name calling.
You're misquoting me again. Where have done any 'name calling'?

Please PM if you want to be embarrassed further - this must be very boring for everyone else.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

* a little bit = alot.
Clearly.

Couldn't agree more.

You're misquoting me again. Where have done any 'name calling'?

Please PM if you want to be embarrassed further - this must be very boring for everyone else.
Very very boring is this to and fro shite,it's ruining a good thread...

:P

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
St.Kenny
Club Player

a real sit on the fence article if ever there was one.
Doesnt want to give full credit or criticism one way or the other. Living proof why journalists are journalists who sit and commentate and dont have to make a decision and not be 'active players' in the game.
And the good ruckman available at the time were ?????
And the prrof that St.Kilda had the personel and experience to win the premiership at the time is ???
And when has Stkilda played better one year on with more experienced players ????

A real 'fill in some space we have an editors deadline to meet' type article !!!!!!

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:

A real 'fill in some space we have an editors deadline to meet' type article !!!!!!
You do know that The Peanut funds his site WOM out of his own pocket????

Disagree with his views by all means......but it is a pretty cheap and inaccurate shot to say that it is a fill in article to meet a deadline.

I would suggest you go to his site http://www.westofmoorabbin.com/ and have a peek.

The Peanut gives freely huge slabs of his time to benefit at not cost the many Saints fans who visit his site.

bozza1980
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:And if we had not finished low on the ladder...we could not have offered Pick 4.....lucky eh??? (Cranage was a dud...not really sure why the Blues wanted him....)
Actually we were lucky because Port Adelaide wanted Darryl Wakelin so much they wanted to give us pick 4. This is why we were able to offer pick 4 for Hamill
saintsRrising wrote:...by the saints who had first pick....

Lucky eh...was it not that we finished low enough to force his hand......

also lucky that we could use the one "bullet" of the first pick in the PSD to aim at all of the Blues, Weagles and Hamill.....)
The Eagles were not forced into the trade, in fact agreed to it on day 1 of trade week. You could state an argument that Gehrig was forced into coming our way as we had 1st pick in the pre-season draft, but you could also argue that he was forced by the eagles who agreed to a trade in direct conflict of his wishes.

As for using our 1st pick in the pre-season draft to gain Hamill, we didn't do much of a job when you consider we had to give away pick 4!!! That would suggest that Carlton weren't so much rushed but decided quite methodically that Hamill for pick 4 was a good trade.

saintsRrising wrote: What good luck to finish last in the season prior to GTrain wanting to return to Melbourne and in Elliot ruling hamill so much that he was avaiable to betempted.
Fair call.

It is drawing a long bow to suggest that Thomas was lucky that he got the job at such a poorly performed club. Obviously, there are measures in place to assist a club improving but let's look at Richmond.... Last in 2004, Last in 2007, priority picks, having early picks don't guarantee an improvement.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:

It is drawing a long bow to suggest that Thomas was lucky that he got the job at such a poorly performed club..
Not sure if you call it luck or not...but he got the job as he was mates with RB. MK and others.......

Was not an appropriate call by RB....nor appropraite of GT to have accepted the job under the sham now admitted to.

If it was one of RB's own companies owned by him fair enough...

But the Saints are a public club.....and proper due process should have been followed.....and so IMO both men showed a lack of moral integrity in this.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:And if we had not finished low on the ladder...we could not have offered Pick 4.....lucky eh??? (Cranage was a dud...not really sure why the Blues wanted him....)
Actually we were lucky because Port Adelaide wanted Darryl Wakelin so much they wanted to give us pick 4. This is why we were able to offer pick 4 for Hamill.

This is true....but as we had two earlier picks we were in the position to offload pick 4.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote: As for using our 1st pick in the pre-season draft to gain Hamill, we didn't do much of a job when you consider we had to give away pick 4!!! That would suggest that Carlton weren't so much rushed but decided quite methodically that Hamill for pick 4 was a good trade.
Or one could say it was a good job as it left the PSD free to get Voss....

Whatever way you slice it....good players like Hamill rarely change clubs....

bozza1980
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
bozza1980 wrote: As for using our 1st pick in the pre-season draft to gain Hamill, we didn't do much of a job when you consider we had to give away pick 4!!! That would suggest that Carlton weren't so much rushed but decided quite methodically that Hamill for pick 4 was a good trade.
Or one could say it was a good job as it left the PSD free to get Voss....

Whatever way you slice it....good players like Hamill rarely change clubs....
Very true.

Especially so, when they spend all season trying to re-sign with the club.

bozza1980
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:

It is drawing a long bow to suggest that Thomas was lucky that he got the job at such a poorly performed club..
Not sure if you call it luck or not...but he got the job as he was mates with RB. MK and others.......

Was not an appropriate call by RB....nor appropraite of GT to have accepted the job under the sham now admitted to.

If it was one of RB's own companies owned by him fair enough...

But the Saints are a public club.....and proper due process should have been followed.....and so IMO both men showed a lack of moral integrity in this.
I'm not going to argue any of these points as I don't have an opinion either way.

The original point was that GT was lucky that the club had performed so badly and was able to get good players.

My argument was that it is never lucky to pick up a side in that position as there is an awful lot of work required to get the side up again. Especially when the list he inherited required a lot of pruning.

At the end of the day I can see what you are saying, we just disagree.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:My argument was that it is never lucky to pick up a side in that position as there is an awful lot of work required to get the side up again. Especially when the list he inherited required a lot of pruning.
exactly. denis pagan had the blues for five years and never even managed to dislodge them from the bottom rungs of the ladder.

takes more than draft picks to get a side up. it takes hard work, brains and ... most importantly ... leadership

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:My argument was that it is never lucky to pick up a side in that position as there is an awful lot of work required to get the side up again. Especially when the list he inherited required a lot of pruning.
exactly. denis pagan had the blues for five years and never even managed to dislodge them from the bottom rungs of the ladder.

takes more than draft picks to get a side up. it takes hard work, brains and ... most importantly ... leadership
Not quite the fair comparison as Pagan had picks taken off him for a while and did not have hugh draft picks.......and did not have the injection of good senior players.

Perhaps they might move a bit now that they had some draft picks plus several good senior players added.....somehow I think that with Judd and Stevens to steady them with the young guys starting to bloom they might start heady upwards.

The timing that I was refrring to was that at that time tat the saints hada solid core of very good players..anda lot of poor players.

Adding to the core with a second core of good players....and then topped up with some very talented kids combined to revitalise what was over an ordinray tea,....buta team which hada fair bit of cream in it.

Brian Collis
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

* a little bit = alot.
Clearly.

Couldn't agree more.

Hey rodger u can get off your pedestal now. Thanks mate but I think the good folk of Saintsational can take the pain