Saints greatest give-aways?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Ahhh under 19's... does that count? :?

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Ahhh under 19's... does that count? :?
back then it did...

i presume he lived in frankston and came through the zone therefor he was pretty much automatically put on our under 19s list waiting to be elevated to the senior reserves and then into the senior side

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Paul Harding was handy despite a shocker in the 91 final. After threatening to leave each year I think he wanted to stay but got the flick. Phil Narkle also returned to the west.

One of the Morwoods left as soon as his contract finished - straight after a B&F win (1985?).

Jeff Dunne went to Richmond but had already lost form from memory.

Gilbert McAdam to Brisbane.

Ian Satori to Richmond.

Jacko to Hollywood.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure Slam played one season as a full forward in the two's in the Plugger era for Saints. I remember a guy at Moorabbin taking hangers then kicking like a complete novice, whom I believe was Dunkley.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
n1ck wrote:Ahhh under 19's... does that count? :?
back then it did...

i presume he lived in frankston and came through the zone therefor he was pretty much automatically put on our under 19s list waiting to be elevated to the senior reserves and then into the senior side

Yes back then u19s meant you were a Saint....and you could go straight into the seniors (I am not sure if anyone managed that but certainly some played very few reserves games after player u19s before their senior debut. No other club could touch you...so effectively if you were an u19 player you were on our list.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:you could go straight into the seniors (I am not sure if anyone managed that but certainly some played very few reserves games after player u19s before their senior debut.
Nathan Burke had four under 19 games followed with two games in the reserves before starting his wonderful senior career

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

robbie muir wrote: Carl Ditterich
Glenn Elliott
Yeah Carl Dietrich left with infamous 10 year rule went on to win a best and fairest with Melbourne and became their captain coach..

pity this great player didnt play his whole career with the saints.

Glenn Elliott (like Winmar), played just the one season for another club (Melbourne)

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!