Gehrig Press conference tues 11am

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne

homework wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
homework wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
homework wrote:Welcome back Fraser all the best for 08
And welcome back to you too Homey..... Thought we had lost you for a time there....... :D
Thanks Grumps............nah my computer had a virus but its the best now
Gotta be careful what you download mate!
I was just trying to download itunes when in a blink of an eye my computer shuted its self down.............then i turned it back on and it said "your computer has a virus would you like to update some new software so i did and then it was back to normal
AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Please tell me you have some reputable anti-virus program installed Homey?

Saints94
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
homework wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
homework wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
And welcome back to you too Homey..... Thought we had lost you for a time there....... :D
I was just trying to download itunes when in a blink of an eye my computer shuted its self down.............then i turned it back on and it said "your computer has a virus would you like to update some new software so i did and then it was back to normal
AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Yep................Installed it the other day

GrumpyOne

homework wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
homework wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
homework wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

*strong sigh of relief*

Saints94
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
homework wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
homework wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
homework wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
LOL :lol:

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

*strong sigh of relief*

midas_touch
Club Player

Thanks for putting up the transcript lovin_dal_santo, you've either got insane typing skills, or u would have listened to the press conference a few times over. For that you get my respect :P.

Fraser Gehrig wrote:My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them.

This has to be the best quote of the press conference. He's definitely a St Kilda man, and truly bleeds red, white and black. Absolutely looking forward to more Fraser moments next year as we hopefully put ourselves in the running for an excellent year.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
lovin_dal_santo
SS Hall of Fame

midas_touch wrote:Thanks for putting up the transcript lovin_dal_santo, you've either got insane typing skills, or u would have listened to the press conference a few times over. For that you get my respect :P.

Fraser Gehrig wrote:My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them.

This has to be the best quote of the press conference. He's definitely a St Kilda man, and truly bleeds red, white and black. Absolutely looking forward to more Fraser moments next year as we hopefully put ourselves in the running for an excellent year.
Insane typing skills, and brilliant short hand :wink:
Not a problem though, he sounded relieved to have been given the chance.

Robert Harvey
What else do we need?
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I heard the whole interview......very stock standard stuff, but always nice to hear a rare Big Fraze interview....

Pathetic effort by the media not to mention his ex girlfriend - are those hacks brain dead or just all demented??

Wasn't that the real reason he left Europe??

Bunch of nuffies

GrumpyOne

saintspremiers wrote:I heard the whole interview......very stock standard stuff, but always nice to hear a rare Big Fraze interview....

Pathetic effort by the media not to mention his ex girlfriend - are those hacks brain dead or just all demented??

Bunch of nuffies
Whilst I respect Fraze as a hell of a nice guy, there is no way I would want to engage him in a conversation on a subject he didn't want to talk about.

Some journo's do not have a death wish. :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thanks LDS

http://footyheads.com.au/
review here too

GEHRIG ON HIS RETURN
Tuesday, November 27th, 2007 at 1:52 pmBY MARK OPOLION

FRASER Gehrig has thanked the St Kilda Football Club for allowing him to return and admits that he was too quick to retire after enjoying the 2007 season.

“I’m not pretending to be a normal person,â€

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:I heard the whole interview......very stock standard stuff, but always nice to hear a rare Big Fraze interview....

Bunch of nuffies
Whilst I respect Fraze as a hell of a nice guy, there is no way I would want to engage him in a conversation on a subject he didn't want to talk about.

Some journo's do not have a death wish. :wink:
LOL!!!

Well he did say he wasn't a normal person.

And he aint the only one!

saintspremiers looks in the mirror....

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I had a dream
dare I believe that it could come true?
That a few saintsational posters get off his back for just one more year.
The guy deserves bucket loads of thanks from all saint supporters.
Red white and black all over, and I for one am very grateful he is going round again.
'08 has got a buzz about it, just trying to keep a lid on it at the moment.

Seeya
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thanx for the transcript lovin_dal_santo - I missed the interview :shock:

What typing !!

Hold your ground :shock:
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

official reports
http://www.saints.com.au/Default.aspx?t ... wsId=53852
Home is where the heart is
2:38 PM Tue 27 November, 2007
By Ben Broad
News
ST KILDA fans need not worry about Fraser Gehrig’s desire to return to his best or to play again at the top level.

A couple of months jetsetting around the world, or more particularly spent in Europe hasn’t changed the G-Train. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://saints.com.au/Season2007/News/Ne ... wsId=53854
Retire in haste, repent at leisure
2:49 PM Tue 27 November, 2007

By Jennifer Witham

REBORN St Kilda spearhead Fraser Gehrig has attributed a hasty decision made while affected by illness as the main reason behind his recent short-lived retirement.

Having announced he was hanging up the boots following the Saints' final match for the year, Gehrig completed an about-turn on his decision nearly three months later. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
-------------------------------------------------
I wonder if one of Ross's provisos for him coming back was- '"well you have to explain yourself to the football world"
Fraser's worst nightmare is being the centre of attention.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
hAyES
Club Player

To whoever it was that typed up the interview, good stuff! You only get to see tiny bits on the news so that was good.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

"The main reason was, I really enjoyed last year with the new coach and I got along well with him and the playing group," he said at Moorabbin on Tuesday.

Dont care what anyone says - had any other been coaching this side this season he would not have looked back....and dare I say Harvey might also be watching from the stands...

Nice job Ross Lyon.... :wink: (nice pick at 57 and cheap $)

“Yeah….nah””
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:"The main reason was, I really enjoyed last year with the new coach and I got along well with him and the playing group," he said at Moorabbin on Tuesday.

Dont care what anyone says - had any other been coaching this side this season he would not have looked back....and dare I say Harvey might also be watching from the stands...

Yep spot on there IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
aussiejones wrote: The danger is just because he is back that they revert to the same old set up and predictability. The plans made knowing he was gone should not be scrapped ,but , used on occasion to make our forward line less predictable
i agree. hopefully it will be fraser ff, kosi chf and riewoldt roaming forward. difficult for any opposition to shut down all three of them.

kosi up forward gives us the option of a guy who can take contested marks, so he won't always need pinpoint delivery.

but it's great to see fraser back
Looks good. But we will need both King and Gardner to have solid seasons. i.e. play a lot of games.
i'd rather play blake or rix or even goose as second ruck if one of the above is injured. kos's contested marking is just too important to the forward set up ... imo.

without him up forward we go back to the same tried and failed set up that hasn't always delivered in the past.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:"The main reason was, I really enjoyed last year with the new coach and I got along well with him and the playing group," he said at Moorabbin on Tuesday.

Tend to agree here

I think you catch more between the lines when G talks than you do in what he actually says

Listened to the interview live, and immediately got the impression that RL and the way the club is shaping up in general played a big hand in drawing the big fella back to Moorabbin

He mentioned he could of retired, a few years ago, "when Thommo was around"... then in the next sentence made a point of stating how he respects the current coach...

Join the dots as you will

The other interesting thing for me was how he emphasised his performance in the 2nd half of this year, and using that going forward... the 2nd half of the year, when we had better luck with injuries, the game-plan began to click at least a little, and the delivery hence improved...

Hopefully we can start where we left off!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo