Key defenders and player development.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
LTN16 wrote:
LennyBoy wrote:Andrew Mcintrye - NAFC - former crows rookie. :wink:
Not tall enough for a KPP.

Adelaide would have kept him if he was any good.
http://www.nafc.com.au/players/amcintyre.aspx

LennyBoy only likes him coz he wears Travisty.
I don't mind Travisty, if they made clothes for guys I would definitely buy some...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

If they dont make clothes for guys... what do they make? :? :?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

That is most definitely not guys clothes, I am really getting sick of this metro phase that everyone is going through atm, honest to god I prefer the emos and gangstas....

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

roffel emos and homeboys.

im not metro, but give me metro anyday, although i'll admit i dont mind slumming it every now and then, when i cbf looking my best for beekay.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

As the OP of the thread, I object to its use as a discussion for fashion. Now suck it up you emo gangster metro trendwhores, and take it to general.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

As the hijacker of this thread, i object to your objection.

Objection overruled.

Back on topic, I would have loved Alex Rance, was absolutely shocked that he slipped to #18.

Not complaining about McEvoy though, he looks the goods.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:As the OP of the thread, I object to its use as a discussion for fashion. Now suck it up you emo gangster metro trendwhores, and take it to general.
Lol, Ok...
For what it's worth this is what I would like to see out backline look like:
FB: Baker Hudghton L.Fisher
HB: S.Fisher Maguire Gilbert

2009: Attard Dempster L.Fisher
S.Fiser Maguire Gilbert

I would love it if Gwilt could force his way into the 22 and play a Mal Michael type role....

midas_touch
Club Player

Armoooo wrote: I would love it if Gwilt could force his way into the 22 and play a Mal Michael type role....
Gwilt lacks the height and the size to play as a KP. He's more suited as a defensive flanker, however he already have quite a few players who fit into this role that are better than him. Will need to improve substantially in order to stay on our list this time next year.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

midas_touch wrote:
Armoooo wrote: I would love it if Gwilt could force his way into the 22 and play a Mal Michael type role....
Gwilt lacks the height and the size to play as a KP. He's more suited as a defensive flanker, however he already have quite a few players who fit into this role that are better than him. Will need to improve substantially in order to stay on our list this time next year.

Agree....

(stats from both club sites..)
Malcolm Michael Name James Gwilt

190cm Height 188cm
100kg Weight 88kg

While there are always exceptions (ie Campbell Brown in 2007, or Leo Barry....or our own immortal Trevor Barker) Gwilt is undersized to play FB....and would need to be quite exceptional to play there week in week out, which so far he has not exhibited.

Our depth in 2008 promises it to be the best I can remember for some time and so flankers like Gwilt and Fergie are going to have to lift several notches if they want to earm senior games.....but that is agood thing as intense pressure on senior spots should help to lift the overall standard of our team in 2008.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Otiman wrote:As the OP of the thread, I object to its use as a discussion for fashion. Now suck it up you emo gangster metro trendwhores, and take it to general.
Lol, Ok...
For what it's worth this is what I would like to see out backline look like:
FB: Baker Hudghton L.Fisher
HB: S.Fisher Maguire Gilbert

2009: Attard Dempster L.Fisher
S.Fiser Maguire Gilbert

I would love it if Gwilt could force his way into the 22 and play a Mal Michael type role....
Yes I too have though about Dempster as possible FB...he has the height....but at 87kg is on the slight side. scarlett and Glass by comparison are both 95 kg.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Rickabee
Club Player
Location: Sydney, but grew up in Melbourne - 1st Saints match = Rnd 4 1966

If my memory serves me right Gilbert was taken as our next KP backman. My memories of Max when he started were that he seemed fairly similar. A bit "lanky" but quick who started as the 3rd tall backman (playing in the BP) and Max was not ready for a KP for many years as he took some time to fill out, but never bacame "big-bodied". At this point in time I see Gilbert developing along a similar line to Max and eventually "growing into" a KP backman as his body fills out more. He would seem to have the speed to inherit Max's role.

Plugger66 appreciate your further input as you often have "inside information"?