Grant Thomas the parasite

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Andrew . . . can I ask, why do you bother?

Even if 100% of people on this site agreed with you *shudders* - what would you like us to do about GT? :?
We cant do anything about it. But we don have to slavishly worship Thomas and his "Great Saints man" BS, like some on here do.

B4E is over the top, granted, and he needlessly reposts the same facts over and over to the chagrin of many, but the premis of his argument is correct.

Thomas is attempting to bleed the club dry. He is effectively attemptimg to take members funds for nothing.

This is not the mark of a person who "bleeds red white and black". Trevor Barker bled red white and black, Robert Harvey bleeds red white and black, Thomas bleeds for Grant Thomas.

They myth of Thomas being a Saints man needs to be constantly exsposed because of his increasingly rqbid cheersquad on here who will not listen to the facts.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:Andrew . . . can I ask, why do you bother?

Even if 100% of people on this site agreed with you *shudders* - what would you like us to do about GT? :?
We cant do anything about it. But we don have to slavishly worship Thomas and his "Great Saints man" BS, like some on here do.

B4E is over the top, granted, and he needlessly reposts the same facts over and over to the chagrin of many, but the premis of his argument is correct.

Thomas is attempting to bleed the club dry. He is effectively attemptimg to take members funds for nothing.

This is not the mark of a person who "bleeds red white and black". Trevor Barker bled red white and black, Robert Harvey bleeds red white and black, Thomas bleeds for Grant Thomas.

They myth of Thomas being a Saints man needs to be constantly exsposed because of his increasingly rqbid cheersquad on here who will not listen to the facts.
I would like to know who is in this "cheer squad"

I would also like to know why do we all need to be constantly on about GT??

So he still needs to be constantly exposed :roll:

And if people want listen then why the F*** bother :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
BallBanger
Club Player

Solar wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Halo wrote:If he repeats his crap enough times it then becomes fact!!!

excuse me but did you miss the bit where it said

$400,000 to pay out Hamill's contract?

Who signed Hamill to a long term deal in the first place?

Did you also miss the bit where $270,000 was put aside for a legal action against the club?

Did you miss the bit previously where this figure of $270,000 includes a figure of $167,000 for holiday pay, even though Thomas already signed a stat dec staing he was owed none of this as he'd already been paid in full?

These are the FACTS!

If it's crap then you'd better ring the football club and inform them that they've made a miscalculation and that they can now declare a profit of $700,000

FAIR DINKUM
so according to you it's GT's fault that hamill did not complete his contract. At the time of signing he was a core part of our team and had no real injuries. It reduced the per year total of the contract and thus allowed us to not only keep roo, kosi, dal, ball etc. but allowed us to keep a spirtual leader that encouraged the leadership development of our young players.

On the former argument, they have only put aside money for this case. Do you actually have the documents saying what the court case is, what he is sueing for, how much, where it is at the moment etc.

Did the Club keep to their word about a payout, because from where I sit they recanted when Grant Thomas talked to the media (supposedly against the payout agreement he struck), despite the fact that he was attacked by RB first.

Perhaps the former board were screwing Grant Thomas and now the current board has done the right thing and put aside some money to sort out the issue.

So once again I ask,

1) Was signing hamill to a lower per annum contract at the time (with no injury background and a important leadership position) not a important part of the resigning of all our young stars?

2) Was it Grant Thomas's fault that hamill did his knee so many times and thus was never able to fully get back to full fitness? I would argue that perhaps slightly with the employment of bad fitness staff.

3) Did Grant Thomas decide to work out a payout with hamill when he retired this year? Did he decide to place that payout in this years balance sheet?

4) What is the actual claimate from Grant Thomas and what actually happened with the signing of documents upon termination of his coaching contract.

5) Did he stat the slanging match in the media (I would answer no) and then why did he not get the agreed payout.

6) Why is no one on the current board or club employee's critical of Grant Thomas or his claim. Why are they putting aside money to sort this out?

And finally, why do you keep cutting and pasting the same junk over and over????
Both hamill and penny were injury prone and should have been the last to be signed up for 5yrs.....
I liked many things about gt but you can't argue with facts....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote: I would like to know who is in this "cheer squad"

lol - :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: I would like to know who is in this "cheer squad"

lol - :roll:
well answer the question

WHY BOTHER?? :roll: :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lol - :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Go away St.Fid, you know damn well there is a cheersquad on here.

If you dont know who they are you aren't paying attention.

Stop with the deflection.

This is about Thomas not about your silly ego and point scoring.

Dont like it - stiff.
You wont silence my opinion just becuase it doesn't suit yours.

This is not Communist Russia.

Dont like it, dont bother replying.

Now go away :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Yes, you have given your opinion and I have given mine...

Now if "posters wont listen"

Why do you and your sidekick bother posting the same thing??

:roll: :roll:

AGAIN...

A Few on here keep re hashing the subject and we have all heard it before...

WHY REPEAT THE SAME THING..

I KNOW WHO HAS A SILLY EGO

and just what is this crapola about "point scoring"

Surely that is what you are doing with your sidekick

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

One last time St.Fid and then I am through.

It is my opinion and if you don like it - bad luck.

You make everything personal. I was replyin to a legimate question and then you come on and attempt to make it personal.

B4E is not my "sidekick" as you derisively pu it. I agree with him on this point, I disagree with him on other points.

This is called being tolerant of others opinions without taking it as a personal affront.

And thats where your ego and personal point scoring comes in.

Now I wont reply to you after this because it is useless and purile.

As I said I have my opinions and I will post it. If you dont like it dont read it. If the mods dont like it they will delete it.

But I will be damned if I will have some person try to curtail my right to an opinion on here. You don not have the right and I resent it. :evil:

Dont bother to reply because I will not respond to your personal rubbish.

As I said GO AWAY.

Lance or James??

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Grant Thomas the parasite

barks4eva wrote:This good news, though, will be discounted by the 2007 financial result, which will now be "break even at best", according to chief executive Archie Fraser.

While the Saints operated profitably this year, a decision has been made to take "some accounting hits" in the form of capital works write-downs and provisions for payments to former coach Grant Thomas and the recently retired Aaron Hamill.

It is understood that as much as $400,000 has been put into the 2007 accounts for the settlement of Hamill's contract, which was not due to expire until the end of 2008. A provision of $270,000 is also understood to have been set aside for the contested claim Thomas has against the club for what he maintains are unpaid entitlements.

FAIR DINKUM

1. We have to pay out Hamill's contract after Thomas put him on a FIVE YEAR CONTRACT :roll:

Thomas's decision has cost to the club $400,000 for SFA

2. Thomas suing the St.Kilda Football club for $270,000, which includes $167,000 for holiday and annual leave entitlements

Excuse me, BUT this parasite already signed a statutory declaration stating that he had been paid ALL holiday pay and annual leave entitlements and had no HP & AL monies owing :roll:

I mean FAIR FRICKEN DINKUM

Close to $700,000 off the club's bottomline, IF the club pays this leech

$400,000 for signing Hamill to a ridiculous 5 year contract

We already paid out Penny after Thomas signed him to a five year :roll:

All up this buffoon will cost the club ONE MILLION DOLLARS for running the football department like a chook raffle and for his legal action if the club give in to this bloodsucker

Great St.Kilda man, perleeeeze, spare me, nothing more than a snake in the grass and a machiavellian maestro

Thomas was paid over $2.5 million dollars for the priviledge of coaching the club, with no previous experience and was on $500,000 straight up from the get go, in what he admits was a flawed process :roll:

This parasite should be happy with the over inflated salary he was on to begin with

Great St.Kilda men are the ones who made the sacrifice by taking 22.5 cents in the dollar to keep the St.Kilda Football Club in existence, so that there was a football club for leeches like Thomas to sue, in the first place

At the time while many former players sacrificed so much with scheme of arrangement payments, Thomas Maximus took every cent owing to him and pissed off to North Melbourne when he thought there was more money to be made there :roll:

Grant Thomas loves the St.Kilda football Club alright, it's been his cash cow for more than five years, and he's still trying to filch money off the club

If the club payout this parasite then it's $700,000 off the club's bottomline for nothing more than a combination of Thomas's incompetence and sheer greed

Be happy with the more than 2.5 million you were already overpaid due to a flawed process and considering you've cost the club around $700,000 in contractual payout obligations as a result of your handiwork, just piss off and count your blessings, you bloodsucker

Grant Thomas bleeds red, white and black, only problem is it comes off the club's bottomline

Grant Thomas you're a FAIR DINKUM disgrace

Thomas says he loves the St.Kilda football club and would never do anything to hurt it :roll:

FAIR FRICKEN DINKUM

cry me a river ...flowering sook,,,,,,, :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

old news....but i guess you have to wait until someones chips wrapper ends up in your dumpster....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

AGAIN...

WHY BOTHER IF THEY ARE NOT GOING TO LISTEN :?:

joffaboy wrote:
But I will be damned if I will have some person try to curtail my right to an opinion on here. You don not have the right and I resent it. :evil:
I am not "curtailing your rights"

I said WHY BOTHER, NOT DONT BOTHER

Do the words Drama Queen mean anything??
:roll: :roll:
Last edited by St Fidelius on Sat 24 Nov 2007 1:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

yeh, get over it Barks. You're like commercial radio. Ever present with a repetitious playlist. OK, Thomas is / isn't a tool. Move on.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:This is about Thomas not about your silly ego and point scoring.
Now, just who started getting personal?? :roll:
joffaboy wrote:One last time St.Fid and then I am through.

It is my opinion and if you don like it - bad luck.

You make everything personal. I was replyin to a legimate question and then you come on and attempt to make it personal.

B4E is not my "sidekick" as you derisively pu it. I agree with him on this point, I disagree with him on other points.

This is called being tolerant of others opinions without taking it as a personal affront.

And thats where your ego and personal point scoring comes in.

Now I wont reply to you after this because it is useless and purile.

As I said I have my opinions and I will post it. If you dont like it dont read it. If the mods dont like it they will delete it.

Dont bother to reply because I will not respond to your personal rubbish.

As I said GO AWAY.

I am not "curtailing your rights"

I said WHY BOTHER, NOT DONT BOTHER
joffaboy wrote:Dont bother to reply because I will not respond to your personal rubbish
And ain't it so typical of you...

You get personal first and then have a sook....

:roll:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Stills the pro GT morons on this site continue to defend him....

....Only at St Kilda.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Is this all bitter apples because RB got ousted? :lol:

I'm moving on, I disliked the way GT was given the flick, I also disliked the fact that there was a common financial interest between GT & RB - all a little too cosy IMO. Still, it's over now, time to look forward instead of looking at all this spilt milk and wondering what to do with it - mop it up, move on, end of story.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Stills the pro GT morons on this site continue to defend him....

....Only at St Kilda.
well...which side of the pagan debate were you on.....can we call you a pro pagan moron...or an anti pagan moron.....??????

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

....Only at St Kilda.
well...which side of the pagan debate were you on.....can we call you a pro pagan moron...or an anti pagan moron.....??????

And they say you dont bait....pulling my post out of the lot which wasnt even in reference to you in the first place....

Your post count should be halved, to compensate for all the crap, like this, that you write.

JeffDunne

....Only at St Kilda.
So if you think he was good coach you're a "moron"?

Interesting.

You must think Andrew's a rocket scientist. :lol:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
Solar wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Halo wrote:If he repeats his crap enough times it then becomes fact!!!

excuse me but did you miss the bit where it said

$400,000 to pay out Hamill's contract?

Who signed Hamill to a long term deal in the first place?

Did you also miss the bit where $270,000 was put aside for a legal action against the club?

Did you miss the bit previously where this figure of $270,000 includes a figure of $167,000 for holiday pay, even though Thomas already signed a stat dec staing he was owed none of this as he'd already been paid in full?

These are the FACTS!

If it's crap then you'd better ring the football club and inform them that they've made a miscalculation and that they can now declare a profit of $700,000

FAIR DINKUM
so according to you it's GT's fault that hamill did not complete his contract. At the time of signing he was a core part of our team and had no real injuries. It reduced the per year total of the contract and thus allowed us to not only keep roo, kosi, dal, ball etc. but allowed us to keep a spirtual leader that encouraged the leadership development of our young players.

On the former argument, they have only put aside money for this case. Do you actually have the documents saying what the court case is, what he is sueing for, how much, where it is at the moment etc.

Did the Club keep to their word about a payout, because from where I sit they recanted when Grant Thomas talked to the media (supposedly against the payout agreement he struck), despite the fact that he was attacked by RB first.

Perhaps the former board were screwing Grant Thomas and now the current board has done the right thing and put aside some money to sort out the issue.

So once again I ask,

1) Was signing hamill to a lower per annum contract at the time (with no injury background and a important leadership position) not a important part of the resigning of all our young stars?

2) Was it Grant Thomas's fault that hamill did his knee so many times and thus was never able to fully get back to full fitness? I would argue that perhaps slightly with the employment of bad fitness staff.

3) Did Grant Thomas decide to work out a payout with hamill when he retired this year? Did he decide to place that payout in this years balance sheet?

4) What is the actual claimate from Grant Thomas and what actually happened with the signing of documents upon termination of his coaching contract.

5) Did he stat the slanging match in the media (I would answer no) and then why did he not get the agreed payout.

6) Why is no one on the current board or club employee's critical of Grant Thomas or his claim. Why are they putting aside money to sort this out?

And finally, why do you keep cutting and pasting the same junk over and over????
Both hamill and penny were injury prone and should have been the last to be signed up for 5yrs.....
I liked many things about gt but you can't argue with facts....
hamills contrat was extended by 3 years after playing in a team that was a kick away from a Grand final (2004), he was not injury prone at the time and only hindsight would suggest otherwise. Yes perhaps it was a mistake but it also allowed us AT THE TIME to sign all our young stars after an awesome season.

Can't be 100% but penny had not had knee injuries when offered that 4 year contract and was seen as a 10 year full back. But at the age he was and the hard work it is finding quality full backs it was not unreasonable to think that 4 years was not a smart idea. Heck the club was willing to rehab penny for a whole year just before he retired which shows how highly he was rated.

I am no fan of GT, and yes some of his trading and contract decisions have come back to bite us but we also have not LOST any of our stars. Swings and round abouts. But to suggest it's an ex coaches fault that 400,000 of a contract is going to be placed on this years bottom like is really clutching at straws.

But I await B4E to reply to my questions.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
stinger wrote:

....Only at St Kilda.
Edited for abuse

And they say you dont bait....pulling my post out of the lot which wasnt even in reference to you in the first place....

Your post count should be halved, to compensate for all the crap, like this, that you write.

mods...you fixed up rooandkosi...this guy should be next.,...calls anyone who sticks up for thomas a moron...then calls me an ugly tosser and tells me to eff off...now if that aint abuse..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

...mischa has this guys number...he is just a troll...and a carscum one at that...... :roll:

...and he didn't even answer my question... :wink: :lol:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Spinner has been warned for abuse and his coment deleted

Unfortunately the topic of GT is relevant at the moment. Its been stated by the Club that they are putting money aside in case its needed to pay him out later. The discussion of this is therefore totally acceptable on the Forum

However, as most people know, the topic of Grant Thomas raises more hackles and causes more tears than any other subject raised here. More posts have been locked on him than every other subject combined I reckon. All we ask is that you show some respect to your fellow posters when discussing it..or this thread will be locked too.

Yes Barks drives many many people crazy on here, but he's as entitled to his opinion as anyone. Have a look around. every Forum on the Internet with our kind of traffic has a Barks on it. Passionate about the cause but cant quite help himself when it comes to a pet topic to bang on about.

Please, discuss the topic with passion but a modicum of common sense. Allow others their opinion (Yes Barks AND St Fid this means you both :-)) without calling them names. Play the ball not the man :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i agree........but i'm heartly sick and tired of being abused by the same few posters for sticking up for a former coach......pple can have a contrary opinion of what thomas is doing....without abusing him ...or his supporters......

...which is basically wot you said.....

claystreet
Club Player

who is Grant Thomas??

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Spinner has been warned for abuse and his coment deleted

Unfortunately the topic of GT is relevant at the moment. Its been stated by the Club that they are putting money aside in case its needed to pay him out later. The discussion of this is therefore totally acceptable on the ForumHowever, as most people know, the topic of Grant Thomas raises more hackles and causes more tears than any other subject raised here. More posts have been locked on him than every other subject combined I reckon. All we ask is that you show some respect to your fellow posters when discussing it..or this thread will be locked too.

Yes Barks drives many many people crazy on here, but he's as entitled to his opinion as anyone. Have a look around. every Forum on the Internet with our kind of traffic has a Barks on it. Passionate about the cause but cant quite help himself when it comes to a pet topic to bang on about.

Please, discuss the topic with passion but a modicum of common sense. Allow others their opinion (Yes Barks AND St Fid this means you both :-)) without calling them names. Play the ball not the man :-)
Excatly, well said :wink:

If this scum sucking leech and bloodsucking parasite wasn't eroding the St.Kilda Football Cub's bottomline then this thread would not exist

Fact is, he is

Q. Why is $700,000 dissapearing off the club's bottomline for 2007?

A. Grant Thomas

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
JeffDunne

saint66au wrote:Unfortunately the topic of GT is relevant at the moment. Its been stated by the Club that they are putting money aside in case its needed to pay him out later. The discussion of this is therefore totally acceptable on the Forum
To a point. Financial management of the club is one thing - the merits of the claim are something entirely different though. I do believe the issues surrounding the claim are the subject of a pending court hearing are they not?

claystreet
Club Player

get a life move on
who is grant thomas?