St.Kilda in St.Kilda, board challenge, need 100 signatures

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote: If you jump off the Saints because they move their training facility from the shyt hole at moorabbin to an elite facility at Frankston you are a bloody disgrace and not deserving to follow the club so good ridence to the teacher
:twisted:

...i'm starting to believe that teachers are just a bunch of child molesters anyway.....woman teacher at a local college has just been sacked for giving sex education lessons to a bunch of 15 year old boys.........gave 'em hands on experience so to speak..... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

buzondongbong wrote:

It's so sad and pathetic to see that you still consider yourself to be part of the st kilda community Jerkshispuddconstanlty4eva.

Yeah St Kilda that Mecca of graphic designers, IT bores, advertising execs and architects really is the most marketable suburb in Melbourne - "it's such a foodies paradise" - give me a break you try hard tool!

Fact is Barks - the vast majority of St Kilda residents look at you and your dandruff speckled, black shirted "we've been here since day dot" pointy shoe, brigade as sad relics of a time that most never witnessed and those that did would rather forget - you and your lot are about as defunct as the spoons with holes at the old st kilda caff on fitzroy street or a junky at the Mandalay.

FFS you and your 3 or 4 mates with whom you share your smelly Jackson street boarding house havent been a part of the "real" st kilda since the closing of the ballroom in the mid 80's.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

luv your posts buzzondongbong, even if you wouldn't get the drum with a brass band up ya

and besides I havn't lived in Jackson Street for years and the Mandalay has been off limits for near on a decade since the renovations
buzondongbong wrote: Yeah perhaps the club should consider spending the 10 million on a couple of three bedroom flats on the esplanade - they might even have enough change to set up the social club in the dank and dingy hallway of your rancid old mens boarding house - how bohemian!

Mate when they moved the centrelink from fitzroy street they were hoping that you and your lot would leave the suburb once and for all - the fact that your still hanging around and pretending you belong is just further proof of what a sad and deluded try hard you are.

Here's my challenge to you barks - the next time your walking down Fitzroy street stop for a moment and look into a window of one of the many latte emporiums and concentrate for a moment on your reflection - (ignore the beery fog that wafts through your head) and focus on what your seeing in reality as opposed to what your imagining in your head -

Now look at the picture that surrounds your relection and meditate on how sad and alienated the near-geriatric goon in the cheap black shirt and peroxide hair looks surrounded by the solarium seared, sea-bathed, sunday brunch latte set in his 'Village atmosphere arts precinct' -

Now here's the challennge - try IF YOU CAN to imagine that you are a PART OF ALL OF THIS - that you ACTUALLY BELONG - That the people that surround you arent looking at you with either MILD AMUSEMENT or TOTAL DISDAIN - I bet you can't- It surely is not possible.

It isn't is it Barks - think about it??

Do you get my point? - dont answer right now - go outside and take the challenge!

Oh the sadness of it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING ON FRANKSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
buzzonschlongbong, I just don't think that's an accurate reflection, I stopped wearing the cheap black shirt weeks ago

and anyways Frankston becomes you, so you, Osama and Vossy Boy should be right at home with the moccasin wearing, tree swinging, track dacky, smack wacky, local missing link crew and the primordial swamp set

Ahhh Frankston primitive one day, feral the next

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

yet the people of frankston have 87 times more self respect than you barks..go figure :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by fonz_#15 on Thu 22 Nov 2007 12:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
JeffDunne

Classic thread guys (although Andrew's last comeback was a tad lame)

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Classic thread guys (although Andrew's last comeback was a tad lame)

apologies jeffrey but with only 90 sigs to go, there's a ticket to organize and an official policy announcement to draft

What I can say at this stage is that the key platform is to locate the St.Kilda Football Club in St.Kilda where this football club belongs

I promise to reintroduce the heritage style candy striped clash jumper and tell the AFL to shove it, I will use the example of Collingwood as a precedent

I can also categorically say that Steve Bedwell or Scott Dennison have nothing at all to do with this ticket and that this will be a board full of substances

I hoping to announce some big names soon, stay tuned :wink:

buzfromgronggrong

barks4eva wrote:
buzondongbong wrote:

It's so sad and pathetic to see that you still consider yourself to be part of the st kilda community Jerkshispuddconstanlty4eva.

Yeah St Kilda that Mecca of graphic designers, IT bores, advertising execs and architects really is the most marketable suburb in Melbourne - "it's such a foodies paradise" - give me a break you try hard tool!

Fact is Barks - the vast majority of St Kilda residents look at you and your dandruff speckled, black shirted "we've been here since day dot" pointy shoe, brigade as sad relics of a time that most never witnessed and those that did would rather forget - you and your lot are about as defunct as the spoons with holes at the old st kilda caff on fitzroy street or a junky at the Mandalay.

FFS you and your 3 or 4 mates with whom you share your smelly Jackson street boarding house havent been a part of the "real" st kilda since the closing of the ballroom in the mid 80's.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

luv your posts buzzondongbong, even if you wouldn't get the drum with a brass band up ya

and besides I havn't lived in Jackson Street for years and the Mandalay has been off limits for near on a decade since the renovations
buzondongbong wrote: Yeah perhaps the club should consider spending the 10 million on a couple of three bedroom flats on the esplanade - they might even have enough change to set up the social club in the dank and dingy hallway of your rancid old mens boarding house - how bohemian!

Mate when they moved the centrelink from fitzroy street they were hoping that you and your lot would leave the suburb once and for all - the fact that your still hanging around and pretending you belong is just further proof of what a sad and deluded try hard you are.

Here's my challenge to you barks - the next time your walking down Fitzroy street stop for a moment and look into a window of one of the many latte emporiums and concentrate for a moment on your reflection - (ignore the beery fog that wafts through your head) and focus on what your seeing in reality as opposed to what your imagining in your head -

Now look at the picture that surrounds your relection and meditate on how sad and alienated the near-geriatric goon in the cheap black shirt and peroxide hair looks surrounded by the solarium seared, sea-bathed, sunday brunch latte set in his 'Village atmosphere arts precinct' -

Now here's the challennge - try IF YOU CAN to imagine that you are a PART OF ALL OF THIS - that you ACTUALLY BELONG - That the people that surround you arent looking at you with either MILD AMUSEMENT or TOTAL DISDAIN - I bet you can't- It surely is not possible.

Do you get my point? - dont answer right now - go outside and take the challenge!

buzzonschlongbong, I just don't think that's an accurate reflection, I stopped wearing the cheap black shirt weeks ago

and anyways Frankston becomes you, so you, Osama and Vossy Boy should be right at home with the moccasin wearing, tree swinging, track dacky, smack wacky, local missing link crew and the primordial swamp set

Ahhh Frankston primitive one day, feral the next
Have u ever even venured out of your sad-sack suburb u drearyolddick4eva?

so obvious ur world outlook expands all the way to fitzroy and no further.

How old are u mr predictable - 50? and ur still to travel outside of australia?

Such a high roller - so much more sophisticated than the folk out at frankston.

have u even travelled as far as frankston - oh i forgot ur such a man of the world.

i dare u to take up my challenge u great man of music you.

BTW - what a lame reply.

clown!

osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>the primordial swamp set

i must say for the self-professed working-class hero you have a very deep Reith-esque hatred for them

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

buzonschlongbong wrote:
have u even travelled as far as frankston -
I grew up in Seaford and lived near Frankston for nearly 20 years, so know the area quite well, but leaving the personal stuff aside, buzfromschlongbong

Is it a crime for wanting the St.Kilda football club to be located in St.Kilda?

I would bet that anyone from the current board or previous admin did nothing in terms of actually investigating the logistics of designing a state of the art facility from the ground up in St.Kilda in consultation with the State Gov and Local Council and that the only options looked into involved already existing infrastructure ie:- Junction Oval, Teac Oval etc...

IMHO, I see no better marketing opportunity than our club actually being located in our true spritual home in St.Kilda

IMHO, it would also be an enormous influence in attracting players to the St.Kilda Football Club with a state of the art facility in a more centralized location and closer to our home ground at the Dome

St.Kilda the suburb is the single most marketable suburb in Victoria and one of the most marketable suburbs in Australia

If the State Government are committed to spending an absolute fortune on the Whitten Oval in Footscray, why not a State of the Art training facility in St.Kilda near the Albert Park Lake

IMHO a well drafted and thoroughly investigated proposal submitted to the State Government might have had a chance of being accepted and with the Government behind such a scheme, this might have been a possibility

Was this even considered?

IMHO, I believe that the only things investigated were already existing facade's with already existing infrastructure

All we the members ever hear or are ever told is diddly squat

The true vision for this football club would be for it to once again embrace the place from which this football club gets it's very name

BIZARRE concept, hey?

osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>The true vision for this football club would be for it to once again embrace the place from which this football club gets it's very name

why not go back further and embrace our shared south yarra heritage?

sites for our 'state of the art' facility could be:

the rosella sauce factory

the bryant and may factory

dennis allen's former home? (or is that 'cremorne' now?)

we could build a social club in jason dunstall's saloon bar

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
buzfromgronggrong

barks4eva wrote:
buzonschlongbong wrote:
I grew up in Seaford and lived near Frankston for nearly 20 years, so know the area quite well, but leaving the personal stuff aside, buzfromschlongbong

I would bet that anyone from the current board or previous admin did nothing in terms of actually investigating the logistics of designing a state of the art facility from the ground up in St.Kilda in consultation with the State Gov and Local Council and that the only options looked into involved already existing infrastructure ie:- Junction Oval, Teac Oval etc...

IMHO, I see no better marketing opportunity than our club actually being located in our true spritual home in St.Kilda

IMHO, it would also be an enormous influence in attracting players to the St.Kilda Football Club with a state of the art facility in a more centralized location and closer to our home ground at the Dome

St.Kilda the suburb is the single most marketable suburb in Victoria and one of the most marketable suburbs in Australia

If the State Government are committed to spending an absolute fortune on the Whitten Oval in Footscray, why not a State of the Art training facility in St.Kilda near the Albert Park Lake

IMHO a well drafted and thoroughly investigated proposal submitted to the State Government might have had a chance of being accepted and with the Government behind such a scheme, this might have been a possibility

IMHO, I believe that the only things investigated were already existing facade's with already existing infrastructure

The true vision for this football club would be for it to once again embrace the place from which this football club gets it's very name

BIZARRE concept, hey?
As weird as it may seem to you Barks, the vast majority of St Kilda supporters hold nothing sacred about the suburb of St Kilda - they see it just as I have described it in previous posts - bland, overpriced, pretentious and full of tools.

Why would our club/their club want to alienate them but putting itself in an area where it recieves very little, if any, actual FINANCIAL support and where its REAL FINANCIAL supporters would rarely venture?

Just because its called St Kilda? - whats in a friggin name? why not move to Scotland then?

St Kilda FC's heartland is with families in the southern suburbs not with yuppies living some 'secret life of us' fantasy in over-priced art deco appartments.

This whole attract players thing is crap - we draft players by my reckoning and we have a pretty good success rate in keeping them too.

Do players refuse to play for Geelong because of their locality?

This crap that your spouting is about nothing other than your holier than thou disdain for the REAL people who actually keep this club afloat.

"They dare to live in places where they can afford the housing - how tacky" "they dont even write songs for gawdsake...like how suburban man!" - I'm sorry about getting personal here mate but if you cant see how much of a tool you are being over our wonderful "homeland", and how embarrassing it is, then I'm doing you a service by pointing it out..

It's time to pull ur bottle blond head out of your bum and realise that St Kilda is a meaningless suburb to all but a handful of boring bloated knobs (yourself well and truly included).

The fact that we have been welcomed with open arms by the city of Frankston means much to many and will ensure our clubs longevity - Anyone who thinks our future should be battling it out amongst the parma ham and latte set is seriously deluded and seriously a tool.

When I want smoked trout mousse at $53.00 a kg I'll go to St Kilda - when I want to watch the mighty saints train I'll head south to Franga and thank God for that!

St Kilda suburban relevence - pfftt!!!

RBnW
Club Player

buzfromgronggrong wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
buzonschlongbong wrote:

BIZARRE concept, hey?
As weird as it may seem to you Barks, the vast majority of St Kilda supporters hold nothing sacred about the suburb of St Kilda - they see it just as I have described it in previous posts - bland, overpriced, pretentious and full of tools.

Why would our club/their club want to alienate them but putting itself in an area where it recieves very little, if any, actual FINANCIAL support and where its REAL FINANCIAL supporters would rarely venture?

Just because its called St Kilda? - whats in a friggin name? why not move to Scotland then?

St Kilda FC's heartland is with families in the southern suburbs not with yuppies living some 'secret life of us' fantasy in over-priced art deco appartments.

This whole attract players thing is crap - we draft players by my reckoning and we have a pretty good success rate in keeping them too.

Do players refuse to play for Geelong because of their locality?

This crap that your spouting is about nothing other than your holier than thou disdain for the REAL people who actually keep this club afloat.

"They dare to live in places where they can afford the housing - how tacky" "they dont even write songs for gawdsake...like how suburban man!" - I'm sorry about getting personal here mate but if you cant see how much of a tool you are being over our wonderful "homeland", and how embarrassing it is, then I'm doing you a service by pointing it out..

It's time to pull ur bottle blond head out of your bum and realise that St Kilda is a meaningless suburb to all but a handful of boring bloated knobs (yourself well and truly included).

The fact that we have been welcomed with open arms by the city of Frankston means much to many and will ensure our clubs longevity - Anyone who thinks our future should be battling it out amongst the parma ham and latte set is seriously deluded and seriously a tool.

When I want smoked trout mousse at $53.00 a kg I'll go to St Kilda - when I want to watch the mighty saints train I'll head south to Franga and thank God for that!

St Kilda suburban relevence - pfftt!!![/quot

So if you really want to go back lets go back ........to where it all started...
http://www.kilda.org.uk/

Our best is yet
to come......
4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

StKilda was cavassed by stratcorp, the club's advisers on the relocation , but there was no interest by council in providing and developing a ground.... The Club can't just decide where it wants to go, and instruct the local council to provide a ground and millions of dollars , and pay for the maintenance , and develop other complementary local facilities for the players while they spend their day at the club - and their breaks between sessions( like the Frankston TAFE, Monash Uni, local hospital, Peninsula and long island golf clubs,new aquatic centre to be built within 800metres of the ground etc) ...it has to choose from those councils and locations that are available and which want the club there.

If the bayside council had said to statcorp - here is $3million, and freehold in Stkilda, and no maintenance costs , and $1 rent per annum etc, do you think we would go to frankston? No- we are there because it was the best option...

And some of the previous board was well known to be worried a challenge if they moved from Moorabbin, and others kept dreaming that somehow they could get a better deal at Kingston, despite 5 years of worsening talks.

the new board was prepared to weigh up the options promptly, have the guts to make a call, and implement. That is what we need...clear direction and sensible decision making.

So embrace the move, and the Club.

The major sponsor being talked about is NOT one of the old Board's contacts. I know from a director that it was directly put to to Westaway as part of the Footy First Campaign, and the prvious board had only a few potentials...so sure, getting a major sponsor would have happenned, but for what revenue, and at what servicing cost? The net revenue of the deal we are soon to be old about , is supposedly from my info, the best ever and way more than the old board had in play.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

If this isn't the greatest fishing expedition in the history of postdom, I will go he.

Fantastic thread, so tongue in cheek, hilarious. Best thing from B4E in years.

Although the highlight for me was RodgerFox. "Count me in" and then let them stew on that piece of information.

I could just hear the machinations....."Rodger's in? WTF?"

Classic stuff. Even though some have taken it too seriously, this is a classic return to form for this forum.

:lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

buzfromgronggrong wrote:[

Yeah perhaps the club should consider spending the 10 million on a couple of three bedroom flats on the esplanade - they might even have enough change to set up the social club in the dank and dingy hallway of your rancid old mens boarding house - how bohemian!

god you're cruel......i used to think that i could be hurtful...but i'm not in your league.....all true but......

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:If this isn't the greatest fishing expedition in the history of postdom, I will go he.

Although the highlight for me was RodgerFox. "Count me in" and then let them stew on that piece of information.

Classic stuff. Even though some have taken it too seriously, this is a classic return to form for this forum.

The highlight by a mile for me is this little gem from Buz...

"Jerkshispuddconstanlty4eva"

Maybe it's my childish sense of humour and my complete immaturity - but that's just gold.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:[ this will be a board full of substances

.....bit like the last one......... :roll: :wink:
Last edited by stinger on Thu 22 Nov 2007 3:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

buzfromgronggrong wrote: How old are u mr predictable - 50? and ur still to travel outside of australia?

clown!

yes he has....he went to tasmania earlier this year......or was it last year.......even rescued a damsel in distress..... :roll:

RBnW
Club Player

4theluvoftheclub wrote:StKilda was cavassed by stratcorp, the club's advisers on the relocation , but there was no interest by council in providing and developing a ground.... The Club can't just decide where it wants to go, and instruct the local council to provide a ground and millions of dollars , and pay for the maintenance , and develop other complementary local facilities for the players while they spend their day at the club - and their breaks between sessions( like the Frankston TAFE, Monash Uni, local hospital, Peninsula and long island golf clubs,new aquatic centre to be built within 800metres of the ground etc) ...it has to choose from those councils and locations that are available and which want the club there.

If the bayside council had said to statcorp - here is $3million, and freehold in Stkilda, and no maintenance costs , and $1 rent per annum etc, do you think we would go to frankston? No- we are there because it was the best option...

And some of the previous board was well known to be worried a challenge if they moved from Moorabbin, and others kept dreaming that somehow they could get a better deal at Kingston, despite 5 years of worsening talks.

the new board was prepared to weigh up the options promptly, have the guts to make a call, and implement. That is what we need...clear direction and sensible decision making.

So embrace the move, and the Club.

The major sponsor being talked about is NOT one of the old Board's contacts. I know from a director that it was directly put to to Westaway as part of the Footy First Campaign, and the prvious board had only a few potentials...so sure, getting a major sponsor would have happenned, but for what revenue, and at what servicing cost? The net revenue of the deal we are soon to be old about , is supposedly from my info, the best ever and way more than the old board had in play.
I can't believe that someone is thinking about a challenge to the board, unless its Bedwell who is just a nut and bad for the club full stop.
On the back of the past few weeks and now the Frankston deal, you must be a very unhappy person to even think of this sort of action, why don't we all try and get our own way and stuff the club up for another 10 years...if you are unhappy come to the AGM and show your face...I would love to see what you look like...go and join the Kangaroos mate & move to the Gold Coast you are a looser....we don't want you....go away...

Our best is yet
to come......
4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

I can't believe that someone is thinking about a challenge to the board, unless its Bedwell who is just a nut and bad for the club full stop.
On the back of the past few weeks and now the Frankston deal, you must be a very unhappy person to even think of this sort of action, why don't we all try and get our own way and stuff the club up for another 10 years...if you are unhappy come to the AGM and show your face...I would love to see what you look like...go and join the Kangaroos mate & move to the Gold Coast you are a looser....we don't want you....go away...[/quote]

RBnW...i assume you are talking to Barks4eva, not me..?

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

So many die hard St Kilda fans in St Kilda :roll:

So few St Kilda fans in and around Frankston :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

buzfromgronggrong

"Challenge the board"...please give me a break.

This idiot couldnt challenge for a game of doubles at the greyhound let alone for a spot on the board.

I've already set him one challenge for the day.

"Challenge the board" - YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN'!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:If this isn't the greatest fishing expedition in the history of postdom, I will go he.

Have to agree. We're now entering a post polite debate phase.
Thought this one was also good, "moccasin wearing, tree swinging, tracky dacky, smack wacky, local missing link crew". Not abusive, but a substantial return to form.

GrumpyOne

st.byron wrote:

Have to agree. We're now entering a post polite debate phase.
Thought this one was also good, "moccasin wearing, tree swinging, tracky dacky, smack wacky, local missing link crew". Not abusive, but a substantial return to form.
Nah StB, just a minor variation on the anti-cranny venom that this viper in our midst spat out earler this year.

Definately a one-trick pony our B4, and he doesn't even do that well. :roll:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

fishing, why me, never 8-)

SFA ( St.Kilda First Always ) are 9/10's of the way there although it's been a slow day I must admit, after the groundswell of support yesterday

Still the current FFS ( Family First St.Kilda ) board must be getting a tad nervous at the minute

St.Kilda in St.Kilda just makes too much sense

I mean FAIR DINKUM, aside from producing more serial killers than any other area in Victoria what else can Frankston lay claim to?

We need to get back to our roots, which is what I would also do if I hadn't misplaced her phone number

VOTE SFA

This is a referendum on who has the best vision for the future

Are you going to trust this with the stigmatism of the tea totalling, Family First Frankston or the more visionary and crock savvy St.Kilda First Always full of substances

SFA needs you, don't stand idle by and be reminded later, that when your vote was needed you did nothing

FFS or is that now FFF are offering Frankston as their vision for the future and here is a pic taken from a recent board meeting where the location of the state of the art facility was being discussed

Beekay
SS Life Member

It's amazing the amount of time Buzz gives you b4e.

:oops:

What a pisser.

You get to so many people..... yet they call you the idiot.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.