Fraser Gherig

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

gee everything is happening at stkilda latetly...and no bad news either :D

Sainterman
Club Player

Take it with a grain of salt if you like but after checking this one with someone I know down at the club it seems he only wants to play with St Kilda. Will not play for any other club if they pick him up...

Not naming a source so take it or leave it...

Joey
Club Player

thats the same impression i got from Archie on SEN, the fact that Fraser contacted the club about playing again indicates that he hasn't been in contact with any other club and wants to come back to the saints

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Joey wrote:If he wants to come back to the saints (as it seems, Archie saying Fraser made contact with the club regarding a comeback), can he say that if anyone else picks him he will retire?
Of course he can.....if he says i will only play for the saints.....and some other team picks him up, then its there own problem if he re-retires!!!

They couldnt do anything

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the info Sainterman.

My suspicion is that he has gone away and cleared his head, and has said to the club he could handle another season.

No other club would touch him IMO ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Bono
Club Player

StKFC players are being told about his nomination at training this arvo.

Joey
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote:
Joey wrote:If he wants to come back to the saints (as it seems, Archie saying Fraser made contact with the club regarding a comeback), can he say that if anyone else picks him he will retire?
Of course he can.....if he says i will only play for the saints.....and some other team picks him up, then its there own problem if he re-retires!!!

They couldnt do anything
If thats the case then we don't really have to give up much to get him back.

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
Saint Mik
Club Player

That sounds good until someone offers him 100K more than what we can pay him then what?

Its a football decision not a Saints one IMO.

He wants to play for the Saints again or just wants to play AFL again

He has always been a bit left of centre so playing against us would not bother him IMO its the game he loves just as much as anything and if 100K jumps in then good for him i suppose.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
BelfastSaint
Club Player

Archie was just on SEN discussing Fraser ...
It seems that he would like to return to the Saints but has been told that he would be taking a chance as he could theoretically be picked up by any club.
Archie would not be drawn on giving up pick 9 but did say they were offered many deals for it in the draft period and resisted as they were sure they would be able to pick up a really good kid with it.

Fraser also manages his own affairs without the need for a manager.
Could Fraser say to other clubs that he couldnt give 100% commitment or just be more honest and say he didnt want to play for another club ...?

Sainterman
Club Player

Won't hppen St Mik...he only wants to play for the Saints, will retire again if picked up by another club...

jimmy_slats
Club Player

if he gets picked up by another club he dosent have to play so id say that clubs will b scared off by that lets just hope all i want is to see him runnin round in red white nd black again

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He may want to play for the Saints but there is one big issue. Some players will have to take a pay cut or G will have to earn bugger all because I doubt we would have enough in the salary cap. TBH not sure he is needed if Kosi plays as a permanent forward but probably wouldnt hurt either.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

He definitely wants to play for the Saints. He absolutely loves the club - his voice was emotional when describing how much passion he has for the place after his last game.

There is no way Frase would go anywhere else. He's a simple bloke, and for him it's about playing footy at a club he loves.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

BelfastSaint wrote:Could Fraser say to other clubs that he couldnt give 100% commitment or just be more honest and say he didnt want to play for another club ...?
He could just say that he would retire if another club picked him up.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Good news then, I'm rapt

Money talks though so you just never know

Welcome back big fella

Mabey he loves Frankston :lol:

goodie
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:Thanks for the info Sainterman.

My suspicion is that he has gone away and cleared his head, and has said to the club he could handle another season.

No other club would touch him IMO ...
I should imagine Footscray would consider approaching him, maybe Richmond, Collingwood and Melbourne too.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

This amazes me. Fraser has got to be the strangest character in footy.

If we did re-draft him, then where would Kosi play? I was looking forward to seeing him settle into a full time key forward role, but if Fraser comes back then Kosi will again be an undersized ruckman/backup forward.

I'm not really sure if it would be the best thing for the team if he came back. He only managed 59 goals this year and most of them were against crap teams at TD. He would still get a game, but I think that we might actually function better without him.

It will certain be an interesting draft period.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

SEN news just said that Fraser would only go back to his old club ....

milney044
Club Player

woahhhh minds going crazy imagining a forward line with riewoldt, koschitzke, gehrig, milne and schneider. ahhhhh :shock:
Last edited by milney044 on Wed 21 Nov 2007 4:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:He may want to play for the Saints but there is one big issue. Some players will have to take a pay cut or G will have to earn bugger all because I doubt we would have enough in the salary cap. TBH not sure he is needed if Kosi plays as a permanent forward but probably wouldnt hurt either.
I reckon he would be prepared to play for a fair bit less, as he would understand that he had retired and the club had planned on moving forward without him.

That said, I reckon we'd still have a bit of room ...

Gilbert The Great
Club Player

Didn't take Fraser long to get bored of retirement

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Ladies and Gentlemen.....

Please stand and welcome back to the Club....

2 Time All-Australian
2 Time Coleman Medalist
& The Last Man to kick 100 Goals in a season

FRASER GEHRIG!!!

Alright now im really excited about this year.....Fraser is a smart man.....all the boys love him.....he sees how positive our outlook is for this year.....and....

HE WANTS IN!!!

FFFFFRRRRRAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!

I thought id never get to say it again!!!

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Isn't there a rule against manipulating the draft if you're saying you would only play for one club?
Sorry for being a party pooper, but didn't Brett Chalmers get heavily fined for this in 1993 when he said he'd only play for Collingwood.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

This has made my bloody day :) :) :)

Before Im 85
Saint Mik
Club Player

How can anyone confirm that he only wants to play for us and he will retire if picked up by another club if he is still over seas??

How much $$$$ to make someone change there mind

Just looking at it from another clubs piont of view

I'm sure the doggies would be rubbing the paws together at the news, he would be a star in that side and they may be willing to pay for it.