St Kilda on the move ....To Frankston

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

bigcarl wrote:is burkey from down that way?
Yep

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

RooandKosi wrote:Does this mean we will affiliate with frankston VFL???

Thats a bonus cause casey suk and its closer.

Well at least we will have better facilities AND for an omen we won a flag 2 years into the moorabbin move.

HOWEVER Frankston is an hour 20min drive to telstra dome im sure the players will love that. Compare that to most other clubs we are now the new geelong in terms of tgravel expect players to want to be traded in 2009.

FRANKSTON??? what a joke!! I wonder whether the board ever considered junction oval?? STKILDA!!! we are called bloody STKILDA!!! why not move there??

The frankston saints ey?? well sammy is gonna love this!!

Then again frankston (south of course) does have a lot to offer. We could benefit hugely from this!! i hope we do and i think we must be going to otherwise we wouldnt be going.

waverly??? and do you think the players will live in Frankston and do you think the players lived in Moorrabbin?

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Rodger, you are unbelievable. You would have to be a Rudd supporter 'cos you never come up with any positive comments, just a load of negative crap.

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:Rodger, you are unbelievable. You would have to be a Rudd supporter 'cos you never come up with any positive comments, just a load of negative crap.
lol have a look at the liberal commercials, they are nothing but a weak ass fear campaign.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:Rodger, you are unbelievable. You would have to be a Rudd supporter 'cos you never come up with any positive comments, just a load of negative crap.
Hehehe I like you! :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
lol have a look at the liberal commercials, they are nothing but a weak ass fear campaign.
dan did you like how they tried to change the background for howards doorstops from the blue "go for growth" to the red "beware of labor", even though the blue background could still be seen....... problem is that they are so comical they are putting political comedians out of a job...

anyway back to the actual topic, GT is on SEN talking about the frankston move. Seems pretty positive about it because of the passion down that way.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Dissapointing the club has decided against re-developing Moorabbin. I believe there was enourmous potential there that remained untapped largely due to the fact that we never decided to give the place a facelift.

It could have been the club's spiritual home for the next 100 years.

Still, if this is the best move for the club, then maybe we should check it out.
Last edited by evertonfc on Wed 21 Nov 2007 10:15am, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

AS someone who is comfortably located amidst a beautiful Mornington lifestyle, I am wrapped with the Frankston move - and believe me, Frankston, despite the reputation of the town itself, is the hub of the mornington penninsula and its vast and growing population.

Plus the added bonus that moving the training base to 10 minutes from Banger's place is obviously part of a cunning plan to make sure that the great man keeps on playing until the standard retirement age of 65 :shock:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote: dan did you like how they tried to change the background for howards doorstops from the blue "go for growth" to the red "beware of labor", even though the blue background could still be seen....... problem is that they are so comical they are putting political comedians out of a job...

anyway back to the actual topic, GT is on SEN talking about the frankston move. Seems pretty positive about it because of the passion down that way.
lol go for growth is their way of saying brace for inflation, theres nothing we can do about it :lol:

as for frankston, I dont think we would have done it if kingston weren't a bunch of phukctards.

you only ahve to drive around and have a look at the dead strip shops and talk to them to know they are inflexible and driving business away.

they are just sitting around reaping in the dough from southland and bugger everyone else.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

It's a fair old drive/train trip to Frankston if you need to visit the club in person...which happens to most of us a few times a year, I guess.

Annoying more than anything else. Might also prove difficult to attract and retain players.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

RooandKosi wrote:Does this mean we will affiliate with frankston VFL???

Thats a bonus cause casey suk and its closer.

Well at least we will have better facilities AND for an omen we won a flag 2 years into the moorabbin move.

HOWEVER Frankston is an hour 20min drive to telstra dome im sure the players will love that. Compare that to most other clubs we are now the new geelong in terms of tgravel expect players to want to be traded in 2009.

FRANKSTON??? what a joke!! I wonder whether the board ever considered junction oval?? STKILDA!!! we are called bloody STKILDA!!! why not move there??

The frankston saints ey?? well sammy is gonna love this!!

Then again frankston (south of course) does have a lot to offer. We could benefit hugely from this!! i hope we do and i think we must be going to otherwise we wouldnt be going.
Some very good points made here ..

The obvious reason we arent going to Casey is cos they "suk"

How did you get wind that the entire senior list will be living in a compound within walking distance of Frankston Oval?? Just as well we are making this announcement today as it will have a massive bearing on who we pick in the draft on Saturday. Can anyone shed any light on draftees who actually live in Frankston?

sammy's gonna love this?? Umm..Sammy who?? Hamill? .whos retired..Newman? who has nothing to do with the Saints...Davis Jnr perhaps??

Good point too on the players wanting out in 2009 cos of the move. Witness the mass walk-out at Hawthorn when they moved from Glenferrie to Waverley Park.

:roll: 8-) 8-) :shock: :roll: :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
GrumpyOne

RooandKosi wrote: The frankston saints ey?? well sammy is gonna love this!!
I don't think that any intelligent person gives a flying farkle what that turd thinks or says.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:It's a fair old drive/train trip to Frankston if you need to visit the club in person...which happens to most of us a few times a year, I guess.

Annoying more than anything else. Might also prove difficult to attract and retain players.
Hasn't seemed to be too much of a problem for Hawthorn at Waverley.

Maybe we could open a club office at the Docklands somewhere ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Dissapointing the club has decided against re-developing Moorabbin. I believe there was enourmous potential there that remained untapped largely due to the fact that we never decided to give the place a facelift.

It could have been the club's spiritual home for the next 100 years.

Still, if this is the best move for the club, then maybe we should check it out.
Well yes it could have.....but Kingston Council made it an impossible option.

So the club has done the right thing and then looked for and found an achievable option.

I think it says it all that frankston in onlya month or two have done the deal with the saints....whereas Kingston have been dragging their heals screamingf fora decade.

We will be much better of with a Council that wants us.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
Solar wrote: dan did you like how they tried to change the background for howards doorstops from the blue "go for growth" to the red "beware of labor", even though the blue background could still be seen....... problem is that they are so comical they are putting political comedians out of a job...

lol go for growth is their way of saying brace for inflation, theres nothing we can do about it :lol:

as for frankston, I dont think we would have done it if kingston weren't a bunch of phukctards.

you only ahve to drive around and have a look at the dead strip shops and talk to them to know they are inflexible and driving business away.

they are just sitting around reaping in the dough from southland and bugger everyone else.

I think memebrs of the kingston council that were wanting the saints out will expect to get the oval back soon now. They will get a shock when the saints lockup the place and just walk away and not allow the council to touch it until the lease runs out.

sainta
Club Player

Being a local resident (Seaford) I thought someone needs to say some positive things for the move and the area...

I work for a company who looks after the building maintenance for Frankston Council. I can tell you the stadium is well looked after and in good shape currently... only to be in better shape after a redevelopment.

For beach recovery, the foreshore (across the highway from the stadium) has been redeveloped and looks top class these days. The beach even won an award this year. The company I work for also looks after part of the foreshore and many groups apart from ourselves put in a lot of work to keep the area looking as fantastic as it does.

http://www.frankston.vic.gov.au/Newsroo ... _4943.aspx

In terms of the actual training surface and any problems the drought could cause, it has access to recycled water from the nearby treatment plant although I'm not sure on AFL teams training grounds being exempt from water restrictions anyway?

Membership could increase due to location... Brings Mt Eliza all the way down to Portsea closer to an AFL club. Mornington in particular has rapidly increased in population over the last few years with a lot of new housing developments being built.

Frankston has been given a pool from the recent championships held in Melbourne - a location hasn't been set on. Was going to be Monash Uni but that has fallen through, possibly because it could be intended for use at the new facility for the saints?

I drove to the city, Friday night at 6pm and it only took 40 mins via Nepean Hwy. It took 20 mins to get to Moorabbin. The new tollway will be built by the time they move and I'm only guessing could be quicker.

Ok I'm all positived out. Sorry if someone has typed any of this in the time it's taken me to write![/url]

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I hope someone suggests running a bus or two up from Frankston on match days..its a servive we have to do if we want to have our base and home ground that far apart...and still foster new fans in the area

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

I personally couldn't be happier with a move to Frankston being that i could roll down to training in 5 minutes, however i would have prefered to stay at our spiritual home of the last 40 years but it is not to be..

Unfortunately i don't see us affiliating with the dolphins in 09..i have a mate playing at the club, and the team manager used to live accross the road from me and the dolphins have always pledged they would remain a stand alone lub despite numerous offers. The only way they will merge, is if they are left no choice as a result of the saints taking over their home ground.

Keep the Frankston insults coming guys, i love people who stereotypically brush frankston off as feral. There are plenty of interesting people around, but i have lived in the same place for 19 years and have never had 1 problem despite walking home from pubs and being quite a smartass myself. What would i know though, the players cars are sure to be stolen :roll:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So in all of this where is the vitriol toward the new admin and Archie Frasier?

I mean when this move was mooted in May all we heard from the usual suspects was that it was all the boards fault and that Archie Frasier was out of his depth and should be sacked and that Rod Butterss was the anti-christ. :roll:

Oh but there was no agenda was there? :roll:

We get moved to some rat hole without a bye your leave from this new mob and you all bend over and meekly accept it.

What a transparent attack on the old board by agenda driven ideological anti-Butterss apparatchik's.

We all know who you clowns are.

Pathetic :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Nick_DalSantos_Girll
Club Player

OMG LOL

rozannanazar.blogspot.com
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:So in all of this where is the vitriol toward the new admin and Archie Frasier?

I mean when this move was mooted in May all we heard from the usual suspects was that it was all the boards fault and that Archie Frasier was out of his depth and should be sacked and that Rod Butterss was the anti-christ. :roll:

We get moved to some rat hole without a bye your leave from this new mob and you all bend over and meekly accept it.

What a transparent attack on the old board by agenda driven ideological anti-Butterss apparatchik's.

We all know who you clowns are.

Pathetic :roll: :roll:
He's gone. Move on.

JeffDunne

Don't like Frankston jb? :lol:

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Cant pretend that im happy about this move.

May be a great facility but its a bloody long way away. We're not the Bayside Saints. We're not the Peninsula Saints. We are St.Kilda.

Surely there must have been something closer to central Melbourne.

God I hate Kingston Council.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

I believe a lot of the players live in the Brighton area which is an easy 30 min or so drive to Frankston.
If they are looking to buy a property closer to training, then anywhere from Mentone to Chelsea would be a good investment.a great lifestyle and only 15 mins to Frankston.
Beachside units and townhouses from Mordialloc to Carrum are now getting up to around the one million dollar mark.
I live in Edithvale and love this area.I have seen enormous growth in population and property prices in the 10 years I have lived here and believe that this move will be hugely beneficial in the long run.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

As it is only a training facility and admin HQ, the only people it really has any impact on are employees of the club.

For everyone else it is merely closer or further from you to go and watch training if you are lucky enough to be able to get along and watch. And that merely comes down to a "me" perspective. You know what I mean, "oh, yes well it's great that it's closer to you, but it's further for me!" Well for all those complaining, aren't you lucky that it was closer for you for the last 40 years. What about those that were suddenly further from the home base when we relocated TO Moorabbin?

Let's not forget that the social club side of things will not be in Frankston. So how about we save the bitching and moaning for when the social club relocation is announced, which will have an impact on members.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!