news on cousins

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:lol the rubbishing Im giving him?

1. runs away from a booze bus
2. history of ice abuse
3. runs away to avoid testing
4. lies about going to rehab
5. leaves rehab early
6. refuses a test
7. caught several times in the company with gangsters
8. on field salute to support gangsters
9. caught in a drug binge in LA
10. gets his father to lie
11. drugged and drunk passed out in melbourne
12. in a fight with a team mate in a pub
13. on field abused Robert Harvey

and then there are the things I can't talk about because of injunctions, and the fact they are not in the public domain.

frankly he doesn't get enough of a rubbishing.

the sad issue is that some saps believed his father that cousins was in rehab, whats sadder is some people want cousins in our club and were talking up trading for him in the trading period.

now whats even sadder is people are making this serial moron cousins out as some sort of martyr when in reality he is a rich junkie who has shown no respect, consumed drugs, possibly in game, abused people around him, lied, and posed a health risk to others and himself.

Luckily the saints havent got a player who may have most of those issues or you couldnt possibly support them if we did.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:lol the rubbishing Im giving him?

1. runs away from a booze bus
2. history of ice abuse
3. runs away to avoid testing
4. lies about going to rehab
5. leaves rehab early
6. refuses a test
7. caught several times in the company with gangsters
8. on field salute to support gangsters
9. caught in a drug binge in LA
10. gets his father to lie
11. drugged and drunk passed out in melbourne
12. in a fight with a team mate in a pub
13. on field abused Robert Harvey

and then there are the things I can't talk about because of injunctions, and the fact they are not in the public domain.

frankly he doesn't get enough of a rubbishing.

the sad issue is that some saps believed his father that cousins was in rehab, whats sadder is some people want cousins in our club and were talking up trading for him in the trading period.

now whats even sadder is people are making this serial moron cousins out as some sort of martyr when in reality he is a rich junkie who has shown no respect, consumed drugs, possibly in game, abused people around him, lied, and posed a health risk to others and himself.
Dan - I thought you liked Cousins... :lol:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Luckily the saints havent got a player who may have most of those issues or you couldnt possibly support them if we did.
who could you possibly mean :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
1eyedNever
Club Player

Go Benny

1. runs away from a booze bus Was he the first in Aussie to do this
2. history of ice abuse Proof NONE
3. runs away to avoid testing Proof NONE
4. lies about going to rehab NO ONES BUSINESS
5. leaves rehab early SEE ABOVE
6. refuses a test HIS LAWFUL RIGHT TO REFUSE
7. caught several times in the company with gangsters SO WHAT
8. on field salute to support gangsters PROOF YA IDIOT
9. caught in a drug binge in LA PROOF NONE
10. gets his father to lie BULLSHYT
11. drugged and drunk passed out in melbourne PROOF HE WAS ON DRUGS
12. in a fight with a team mate in a pub SMALL CRAP
13. on field abused Robert Harvey GOOD FOOTY TACTICS

Need to get a like Dan Warna or are you the priest next door

SKFC has now been confirmed as the AFLs BITCH
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Re: Go Benny

1eyedNever wrote:1. runs away from a booze bus Was he the first in Aussie to do this

lol living in denial?

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/11/ ... 12789.html

The caller was Susie Ela, a computer software sales manager. The man on the cocaine binge was Ben Cousins

Cousins remained at the hospital for two days before being discharged on Friday, November 2.

SHUT UP KRIME!
1eyedNever
Club Player

Still

lol living in denial?

The caller was Susie Ela, a computer software sales manager. The man on the cocaine binge was Ben Cousins

Cousins remained at the hospital for two days before being discharged on Friday, November

NO Proof he was on anything could have had a migrane a phone call means shyt
I could ring the police and say someone is on the drugs but its still NO PROOF

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Geez, hope we don't need to do any gardining soon hey? Wouldn't want to come across as too self-righteous.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Re: Still

1eyedNever wrote:lol living in denial?

Cousins remained at the hospital for two days before being discharged on Friday, November

NO Proof he was on anything could have had a migrane a phone call means shyt
I could ring the police and say someone is on the drugs but its still NO PROOF
the sentence categorically used said the the man on the cocaine binge was ben cousins.

i think you may have a reading problem...

SHUT UP KRIME!
1eyedNever
Club Player

Would

Hate to be on a charge with you as a Judge

Police~Betty rang us and said he was on Cocaine Judge

Judge~ Good enough for me GUILT young man

Young Man~ But your Honour I was in another state at the time

Judge ~ I believe the police and we all know police never lie

You must have PROOF not here say

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Geez, hope we don't need to do any gardining soon hey? Wouldn't want to come across as too self-righteous.
I've always said the club is bigger than some individuals.

just because I support st kilda and buy my memberships doesn't mean I blindly support everything it does or every decision it makes.

SHUT UP KRIME!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Would

1eyedNever wrote:Hate to be on a charge with you as a Judge

flower me......."hearsay"....... :roll: :roll:

what are the teaching you kids at school these days fps.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Re: Would

1eyedNever wrote:Hate to be on a charge with you as a Judge

oh poor cousins he's been framed, again and again and again and again and again and again... :roll:

what an accident prone clown. :roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

"Cousins fights to save his future

Patrick Smith | November 13, 2007

AT first the AFL showed nothing but compassion for the sad plight of the drug-addicted Ben Cousins. He was family, he must be hugged to the very heart of the football community.
Now the AFL burns in an aggressive mood to punish the footballer. His bare-chested arrest in the middle of Perth last month made the AFL look weak and foolish.

After being so humiliated by Cousins, the AFL commission called him in to face a charge of bringing the game into disrepute. The charge will be heard next Monday. The AFL also sent a special investigator over to Perth to establish if the underlying culture that allowed Cousins to escape censure and continue with his drug habit has been eradicated or continues to flourish.

Cousins is expected to attend the commission hearing and admit he has an addiction to drugs. He will tender his medical records and documents denying he willfully sought to harm the image of the game.

He is not well at all and was desperately ill in the United States last week. His father Bryan was forced to fetch him back. What state he will be in when he appears before commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick is not certain. He is not healthy but nor is he in rehabilitation in Sydney, as has been suggested.

The AFL must suspend Cousins for 12 months.

He cannot be allowed to play football at any level next year. As a senior footballer, a Brownlow medallist and premiership player, his status as a major role model in sport was unchallenged. And he was an ambassador for his sport.

He has harmed the club that sought to protect him, the league that indulged him and the family that so dearly loves him. Early on he might have had a choice about drugs but the addiction that bedevils him now makes the maddest of decisions for him.

Now that the AFL has been embarrassed into making a strong show of leadership it must be measured in the manner that it does it. Leadership is not just taking action, but taking appropriate action.

The AFL has defended its three strike illicit drugs policy vehemently. It has stressed that it is based on the very best advice possible from the experts in drug use and drug rehabilitation. If that is right, then the commission will be aware of the gravity of Cousins' condition and possible ramifications of any penalty it might apply.

If the commission suspended Cousins for life in a tough and public stand to retake control of its competition, it might well be one step to an autopsy. It will take Cousins at least 12 months to beat his addiction. The one month stay during the season at a celebrity rehabilitation centre in Malibu was laughable and a sop to West Coast and the AFL policy that is based on counselling and rehabilitation. Everybody was too clever by half.

If football is completely removed from Cousins' aspirations, then he might not have the will to beat his illness. The very thought the commission may review his playing rights in 12 months might be enough to drive the footballer back to health. Without that lure of returning to football, he might not even try to shake his demons.

The AFL has mishandled the issue from the day Cousins effectively got caught drug-affected at the club before the start of the season. It let West Coast handle the issue, which is a bit like asking the Prime Minister to critique his own policy speech. West Coast was so lame, botched it so badly that new chairman Mark Barnaba has called for a complete internal review of the club.

The AFL erred in allowing Cousins back so early. It erred by not punishing West Coast when a series of incidents showed the club was being run by the players and not the administration.

The AFL wanted Cousins to speak publicly about his addiction before he returned to football. The medical advice was that he should do it only when he was mentally ready. Yet Cousins returned to football and was best on ground. It was poor medical advice and poor administration from the AFL. Fitzpatrick and his team should have been tougher.

The AFL must insist Cousins talks to the football community about his addiction. The horror, the hopelessness of it. He has an extraordinary opportunity to shape the lives of young men and women throughout Australia.

That demand and a 12 month suspension is what the AFL commission must apply on Monday. Paralysed by compassion early, red-faced with anger at the end, the commission must marry both emotions.

Banning Cousins forever might be giving him a life sentence."

patricks article doesn't need additional comment from me....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saint Mik
Club Player

At least he has the balls to come out and say he has an abuse problem, better than others still hiding in the system.

Hope your kids never end up in trouble Dan you are likley to right them off :roll:

Yes he has a problem but cut him some slack you cant say that the cops were not out to pin him to a wall and they Farked it up in the process, if thats what you can call it.

He might just end up being able to play again who knows after today and if he does well good luck to him and his ongoing treatment to beat his addiction, lets hope he can get his life together with some support instead of the treatment he has had handed to him from the people that should have his health in mind outside the game not just when he is playing.

No harm to anyone but himself IMO so why come down so hard on a bloke with a health problem, I would rather see a good result out of all this rather than just leave him to rot in a drugged out lifestyle.

Its obvious he needs help but it is also obvious that the ones that should be helping him have not done so which is just as selfish with there actions as Ben is with his.

All parties involved have farked up so l think it is time to move on and learn from it and l do hope that Ben gets back to good health.

He's no angel so what, there are plenty worse things he could of done and lets not forget about our own players that have had a cloud hanging over there heads, yet we all have moved on and got over it because nothing come out of the situation for what ever reason you believe,
thank goodness.

You will never be happy Dan, even if he agreed to be tested every day to reserect his career would not be good enough for you, which i think is very sad, some good can come out of this if you wanted it to but depends on how you feel about it i suppose.

I hope for the best, and if St Kilda is willing to help then i will be glad that we are strong enough as a club to offer it, you say thank goodness we didnt get him but i say imagine if we did and sent someone with him to LA and gave him some support the result could of been alot different.

If we can take a ruckmen then we can take an onballer if you know what i mean, risk is only as bad as you manage it IMO and thats where the problem lies, it could be done if the club wanted to give him a chance.

I will hope for the best for him anyway even if he is not out on the ground getting a kick in the game we all love.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
jill
Club Player

But does Ben acknowledge the horror & hopelessness of it???

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Re: Go Benny

1eyedNever wrote:1. runs away from a booze bus Was he the first in Aussie to do this

Sand.

Ostrich.

Head.

Buried.

Glad I have a sense of humour.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Personal abuse?

Rules?

Protective bubble that some people live in..........

Saint Mik
Club Player

Horror yes but hopelessness is only a view of yours Jill, nothing is hopeless unless you dont have the will to see a decent outcome, there are recovered drug addicts and members of the public that would not share your view.

He needs help and he has not been given the right advice or help IMO, the AFL and WC should be ashamed at the way they have delt with this from the start, and Ben has been caught up in it for to long without the right decisions being made in the best intrests of his health, the club has only ever thought about the game and the AFL has turned a blind eye also.

It is not hopeless the way it has been delt with is though.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 10:58am, edited 1 time in total.

Richter
SS Life Member

Good article from Patrick there. Hell, Dim Lane the other day and now Fatprick..... what next, something sensible from dear old Caro..... Fat chance...... :wink:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Horror yes but hopelessness is only a view of yours Jill, nothing is hopeless unless you dont have the will to see a decent outcome, there are recovered drug addicts and members of the public that would not share your view.

He needs help and he has not been given the right advice or help IMO, the AFL and WC should be ashamed at the way they have delt with this from the start, and Ben has been caught up in it for to long without the right decisions being made in the best intrests of his health, the club has only ever thought about the game and the AFL has turned a blind eye also.

It is not hopeless the way it has been delt with is though.
oh poor benny, what a victim :roll:

im sure Benny was forced to hang out with gangsters, hookers, drug dealers, and the like :roll:

I wonder how many of the folks SOOO concerned about benny have had to deal with the poor junkies who aren't football superstars

I dont see at st kilda's responsibility to pick up this mess. :roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

jill wrote:But does Ben acknowledge the horror & hopelessness of it???
Haven't seen it yet.

All I've seen is smugness and arrogance outwardly.

I'm sure inwardly and to all his supporters he is bleeding........

Maybe one day before he OD's he may call for help and acknowledge it.

But no, haven't seen it yet.

Although we have reports he has a substance abuse problem - allegedly admitted by the magnificent man himself.

On the other hand we have his supporters saying he hasn't been convicted of anything, hasn't been convicted of anything so he obviously has no problem.

With Benny having no conviction and from what I have read of him and his associations, his amazing courage and his willingness to reform, his overwhelmingly emotional apology to his little role models, to his club, to his brand, blah blah blah, - I can't wait to have him down at Linton Street working alongside our young group of no-hopers helping to get them back on track.

Such a fine upstanding young pillar of the community should be rubbing shoulders with the elite and at all costs be offered the most expensive rehabilitation available.

Actually I lie - I'd rather have an outbreak of ebola.....

Saint Mik
Club Player

Mabey some of us have had to deal with people with addictions Dan and if we all had your attitude some of them would never of had a hope :roll:

What is your way of thinking or do you not care what happens.

He may be a victim of the drug policy and also WC's inability to handle the problem and culture of the club if you want to look at it that way :roll: if WC knew about it and never acted until it was to late then who is at fault, its not just a one way street, if you let it happen then you are just as at fault IMO.

What do you think would be best for Ben or are you that set in your ways that you have forgotten that he is still a young man with a life infront of him, let me guess you couldn't care less it has nothing to do with you as long as the saints dont take him your happy :roll:

I wonder if you have ever been in a situation and if you have ever needed to deal with and HELP a person with an addiction

Poor old Dan just cant handle the fact that drugs is part of our society and the problems that come with them, its easier to just forgett about the people with addictions than help them

What a mess its to hard i'm out of here :roll:

What would you say if he had to take a test everyday for the rest of his career Dan? please dont ignore this question!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Mabey some of us have had to deal with people with addictions Dan and if we all had your attitude some of them would never of had a hope :roll:

What is your way of thinking or do you not care what happens.

He may be a victim of the drug policy and also WC's inability to handle the problem and culture of the club if you want to look at it that way :roll: if WC knew about it and never acted until it was to late then who is at fault, its not just a one way street, if you let it happen then you are just as at fault IMO.

What do you think would be best for Ben or are you that set in your ways that you have forgotten that he is still a young man with a life infront of him, let me guess you couldn't care less it has nothing to do with you as long as the saints dont take him your happy :roll:

I wonder if you have ever been in a situation and if you have ever needed to deal with and HELP a person with an addiction

Poor old Dan just cant handle the fact that drugs is part of our society and the problems that come with them, its easier to just forgett about the people with addictions than help them

What a mess its to hard i'm out of here :roll:

What would you say if he had to take a test everyday for the rest of his career Dan? please dont ignore this question!
\

ignore the question?

the questions haven't been answered about anything else except denials.

what if he did have a test every day? to what purpose?

he has lied already, his father has lied, he is a drug cheat and a junkie.

he is a victim of his own decisions, you are trying to diffuse the blame of his actions, when he has willfully shown that he returns to his patterns of behaviour.

so what if WCE has a cultural problem? that would indicate MORE players should be rooted out.

this isn't some social club its a professional sport. he is on several hundred thousand dollars per annum PLUS endorsements.

I dont see why its st kilda's problem, its WCE/AFL problem. IF st kilda has a problem then we should deal with it.

further given his track record or relationships, drugs, lies, and age, I don't want him at st kilda.

Others put his talent ahead of drugs, cheating, lies, relationships with gangsters etc and want him at st kilda. I disagree with this view.

pity those saps who believed his dad when he indicated cousins was clean and coming home.

:roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I cant read anything by the AFLPA or Benny's lawyer without wanting to screamk

Ben Cousins..you need rehabilitaion from drug addiction. Youve proven that you have absolutely no self-control. You need to spend time in a facility, removed from all your dodgy friends, because when you are around them you cannot help yourself. Thats a fact.

The AFLPA and his lawyer are being heniously irresponsible urging him to play again in 2008 IMHIO . Just because policeman A signed a sheet of paper instead of policeman B doesnt suddenly absolve you of your misdoings. Its a paperwork stuffup, nothing more, nothing less. ANy talk of him playing AFL football again in the forseeable future (read: 2008 season) is laughable

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
jill
Club Player

When I referred to "HORROR & HOPELESSESS" was quoting from Patrick Smith article. I don't know how to highlight previous statements - new to computer!
My point is that until Ben acknowledges he has a problem no-one can help him.
As for excuses made for him eg. girlfriend leaving him, mentor died, career in tatters - surely his drug problem contributed?
Ben had choices - he made the wrong ones! :cry:
In saying all that I sincerely hope he acknowledges his problem & gets the help he desperately needs.
His health and well-being are more important than his football career. :!: