"Finally the truth!"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

linz
Club Player

Riewoldting wrote:
linz wrote:Also, clearly if he risks his life & more importantly puts other peoples lives at risk, he must be protected. Not just for himself but for the protection of others.
Clearly if linz self-harms and puts others at risk of harm, he should be immediately detained for psychiatric assessment. How could you possibly argue with that?

Sit back and relax, everybody. Linz is going to be fine, just fine.

:D :D
So what's your problem?

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote: Clearly if linz self-harms and puts others at risk of harm, he should be immediately detained for psychiatric assessment.

well...that's what happens in the real world....don't know about western australia though.... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Riewoldting wrote:
stinger wrote:
karnak wrote:Drug use and addiction is often a reflection of society as well as the individual.

statistic came out yesterday that 1/4 of the homeless in the US are veterans. Don't always be so quick to jump down peoples throats when it comes to drug addiction/homelessness.

P
what do homeless war vets and ben cousins have in common....????.....nothing....imhfo...
Too subtle for ya?
claystreet wrote...

"and dont tell me i dont know junkies i have worked with been related to
and had freinds who were and at least they made a fkn effort, and the fool who compared ex vets and cousins thats sad real sad, never compare a veteran with that junkie piece of shyte cousins, he isnt worth being compared to their boot laces"

:wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

...that subtle enough..... :roll: :wink: :lol:
See, it was too subtle for ya! The point karnak was trying to make went over the heads of both you and claystreet! :lol:

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote: See, it was too subtle for ya! The point karnak was trying to make went over the heads of both you and claystreet! :lol:
if you say so.... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I do not know you but I know addicts and it isnt as simple as you make out.
Well as myself, family, friends, work colleagues etc all say... he chose to start it, he was the one who put it in his body, he made the decision.

I'm not arguing with the 'addict' part of it, I'm saying it's his own fault to begin with and he has to face the consequences.

There's two sides to every story mate, you take your side, I'll take mine.

In my view, Ben has been handed life on a platter (yes, he has worked hard to get where he has in football, but a lot of it is natural), and the problem with that is he has thrown it all back in everyones faces.

Ben is in his own world right now, he needs to let people in to help him, and as we can see, he is a long way from doing that at the moment.
Totally agree.

Have dealt with addicted people for 22 long years.

Have seen those who want to help themselves.

First hand.

No idea what Plugger66 and u do HSVK but I HAVE seen all this first hand. And I've seen people die from it.

I have seen absolutely nothing but smart arse arrogant smugness from this little upstart Cousins who chose his lifestyle.

I could go on for a hell of a long time, but suffice to say there a LOT of people dealt a far worse hand that that little prick - and turn it into gold.

Cousins is a turd, he was handed everything on a platter, and he blew it - he chose to run with the big guys and he couldn't cut it - and he displays no remorse whatsoever.

And some here howled when I suggested a few weeks ago Cousins and his filthy drug addicted gangster culture was not welcome at the Saints. You know who you were - do you still want him here?

Miserable little piece of arrogant crap Benny. You were a supposed role model to so many - what a joke. I hope the WCE also suffer for your sins.

Anyway that's my thoughts about him and I stick to it.

He is far from a required player at St. Kilda.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

linz wrote:
Riewoldting wrote:
linz wrote:Also, clearly if he risks his life & more importantly puts other peoples lives at risk, he must be protected. Not just for himself but for the protection of others.
Clearly if linz self-harms and puts others at risk of harm, he should be immediately detained for psychiatric assessment. How could you possibly argue with that?

Sit back and relax, everybody. Linz is going to be fine, just fine.

:D :D
So what's your problem?
I'm cool. :D :D

linz
Club Player

Here's the other tricky translation for you Riewoldting:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/comorbidity
Makes you at least SEEM clever to some.

linz
Club Player

Here's the other tricky translation for you Riewoldting:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/comorbidity
Makes you at least SEEM clever to some.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Have Agreed with everything plugger66 has said.

This is beyond football. Cousins is a person first and a footballer second. I cant understand how some can see a 5 minute news article and judge that the bloke isnt making an effort. Who the hell do you people think you are? Are you there with his feelings every moment of the day? Or just in your lounge presuming he's guilt as charged and that he brought it all on himself just because he's an arrogant prick.

The bloke has lost his girlfriend of 8 years, his career, one of his best mates and most a reputation he built over 10 years in both the media and football. Not a lot left to fall back on. Reality is, he wont be remembered for his playing ability anymore.

All the above over the space of just over a year. And as we have recently found out, he has had all these changes while being addicted to drugs. Yes, it may be said that its probably the cause of a lot of his problems....BUT

Which way do you think a self confessed drug addict is going to turn during times like these? I think we all know. So dont be so condescending.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

You seem to be making a habit of double posting, linz!

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the hang of these internets eventually. :)

I hear they have training sessions down at the Autumn Centre on Saturday afternoons. :wink:

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:I cant understand how some can see a 5 minute news article...
Your post lost all respect right there...

It'd been going on for a long long time now mate... Not just 5 minutes on the news tonight.

They walk amongst us...

linz
Club Player

Riewoldting wrote:You seem to be making a habit of double posting, linz!

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the hang of these internets eventually. :)

I hear they have training sessions down at the Autumn Centre on Saturday afternoons. :wink:
I'm trying hard. Just a bit of non-drug induced Alzheimers Reiwoldting. :lol: :lol: I'm glad you're keeping track of my indiscetions, although I'm also happy you're living in W.A. Order the ambulance for Benny.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Have Agreed with everything plugger66 has said.

This is beyond football. Cousins is a person first and a footballer second. I cant understand how some can see a 5 minute news article and judge that the bloke isnt making an effort. Who the hell do you people think you are? Are you there with his feelings every moment of the day? Or just in your lounge presuming he's guilt as charged and that he brought it all on himself just because he's an arrogant prick.

The bloke has lost his girlfriend of 8 years, his career, one of his best mates and most a reputation he built over 10 years in both the media and football. Not a lot left to fall back on. Reality is, he wont be remembered for his playing ability anymore.

All the above over the space of just over a year. And as we have recently found out, he has had all these changes while being addicted to drugs. Yes, it may be said that its probably the cause of a lot of his problems....BUT

Which way do you think a self confessed drug addict is going to turn during times like these? I think we all know. So dont be so condescending.
The last paragraph says it all really.

A self confessed drug addict.

A self confessed brilliant footballer who was playing on methamphet for how long?

A self confessed brilliant footballer who improved his performance through little boosts of methamphet before/during games.

A self confessed drug addicted turd who has not just come under the spotlight in the space of just over the last year. FFS. Real world check.

A self confessed brilliant footballer who was handed everything most people only dream of and blew it because of the lifestyle HE chose.

I'm sure you didn't choose it Spinner OR were offered the lifestyle he was gifted with.

I wasn't.

Never had the chance.

Have seen a lot of people who weren't gifted with what that arrogant little prick was - and they turned out decent people.

Didn't see them with that smug look either each time they were filmed by TV crews - oh, cos they weren't filmed, cos they weren't gifted with a lifestyle they only dreamt of.

Humility - certainly not Benny's middle name!!!

So my sympahty level when you've had more than enough chances Benny - zero. Zip. Nada. Couldn't give a s*** what happens to you next Benny but never come near our club.

Beyond football? No, it's exactly about football because he flew high as a supposed role model to kids. Way above because a generation of kids worshipped him. Yes they did, so it is everything to do with football and the responsibility people have to their fans as a role model.

If he's not remembered for his football ability I don't give a toss because to me and mine he is just a drug addicted low life. A very probable cheat
of our game.

Condescending? You are kidding!!!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:

It'd been going on for a long long time now mate... Not just 5 minutes on the news tonight.
Nope.

You've made judgments and decisions from filling in all the dots from segments of journalism over the last year. Have you been there with him? Any of those minutes, any of those hours? Do you know what goes through his mind? Do you know what problems he has? Maybe the fact he is still alive is representation of how much of an effort he really IS making. Maybe anyone that didnt have the determination of Ben would have given up on life a long time ago. Yet you seem certain that the bloke ISNT trying.

You my friend have just lost respect in yourself by presuming who know anything about a persons life from just reading/watching/listening to 5 minute long articles over aspects of his life.

Let me know this clearer for you. You know nothing about him. So dont even think that you have any right to judge him.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Agree with what you've said Spinner.
Yep he's had opportunities handed it to him on a platter and he's blown it.
But an addiction is a cruel thing and it's very hard to just pull yourself out of it because you'r supposed to. I despise his arrogance in public, his club's supreme arrogance and the culture in WA that supports it, but at some point he becomes just another human struggling to ovecome a destructive impulse that's got him by the nuts. I have sympathy for him on those grounds.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

Nope.

You've made judgments and decisions from filling in all the dots from segments of journalism over the last year. Have you been there with him? Any of those minutes, any of those hours? Do you know what goes through his mind? Do you know what problems he has? Maybe the fact he is still alive is representation of how much of an effort he really IS making. Maybe anyone that didnt have the determination of Ben would have given up on life a long time ago. Yet you seem certain that the bloke ISNT trying.

You my friend have just lost respect in yourself by presuming who know anything about a persons life from just reading/watching/listening to 5 minute long articles over aspects of his life.

Let me know this clearer for you. You know nothing about him. So dont even think that you have any right to judge him.
Ummm Spinner this bloke has been under the spotlight for more than "five minutes".

Smell the roses.....then smell Benny's trail.

:shock:
Last edited by Iceman234 on Fri 09 Nov 2007 10:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Yet you seem certain that the bloke ISNT trying.
Show me some evidence he is and I may change (some) of my opinion.

They walk amongst us...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I do not know you but I know addicts and it isnt as simple as you make out.
Well as myself, family, friends, work colleagues etc all say... he chose to start it, he was the one who put it in his body, he made the decision.

I'm not arguing with the 'addict' part of it, I'm saying it's his own fault to begin with and he has to face the consequences.

In my view, Ben has been handed life on a platter (yes, he has worked hard to get where he has in football, but a lot of it is natural), and the problem with that is he has thrown it all back in everyones faces.

Ben is in his own world right now, he needs to let people in to help him, and as we can see, he is a long way from doing that at the moment.
Totally agree.

First hand.

No idea what Plugger66 and u do HSVK but I HAVE seen all this first hand. And I've seen people die from it.

I have seen absolutely nothing but smart arse arrogant smugness from this little upstart Cousins who chose his lifestyle.

I could go on for a hell of a long time, but suffice to say there a LOT of people dealt a far worse hand that that little prick - and turn it into gold.

Cousins is a turd, he was handed everything on a platter, and he blew it - he chose to run with the big guys and he couldn't cut it - and he displays no remorse whatsoever.

And some here howled when I suggested a few weeks ago Cousins and his filthy drug addicted gangster culture was not welcome at the Saints. You know who you were - do you still want him here?

Miserable little piece of arrogant crap Benny. You were a supposed role model to so many - what a joke. I hope the WCE also suffer for your sins.

The one thing I have learnt tonight is you are an idiot with no knowledge of drug abuse. Go away and think about it.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:

The last paragraph says it all really.

A self confessed drug addict.

A self confessed brilliant footballer who was playing on methamphet for how long?

A self confessed brilliant footballer who improved his performance through little boosts of methamphet before/during games.

A self confessed drug addicted turd who has not just come under the spotlight in the space of just over the last year. FFS. Real world check.

A self confessed brilliant footballer who was handed everything most people only dream of and blew it because of the lifestyle HE chose.

I'm sure you didn't choose it Spinner OR were offered the lifestyle he was gifted with.

I wasn't.

Never had the chance.

Have seen a lot of people who weren't gifted with what that arrogant little prick was - and they turned out decent people.

Didn't see them with that smug look either each time they were filmed by TV crews - oh, cos they weren't filmed, cos they weren't gifted with a lifestyle they only dreamt of.

Humility - certainly not Benny's middle name!!!

So my sympahty level when you've had more than enough chances Benny - zero. Zip. Nada. Couldn't give a s*** what happens to you next Benny but never come near our club.

Beyond football? No, it's exactly about football because he flew high as a supposed role model to kids. Way above because a generation of kids worshipped him. Yes they did, so it is everything to do with football and the responsibility people have to their fans as a role model.

If he's not remembered for his football ability I don't give a toss because to me and mine he is just a drug addicted low life. A very probable cheat
of our game.

Condescending? You are kidding!!!!
As I said. Ben is a person FIRST. And a footballer second....

....Your opinion and argument is skewed because the bloke plays football. A career you and me would dream about.

I would love to see your version and sympathy level for the bloke if he wasn't a footballer. Pity how you judge him so harshly just because he has achieved so highly in certain aspects of his life.

So get off yourself. And judge him by the person he is (something we cant do) and not because he plays a game that you or I didnt get the chance to.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

Totally agree.

First hand.

The one thing I have learnt tonight is you are an idiot with no knowledge of drug abuse. Go away and think about it.
Mods this guy has started this flame war.

Plugger66 you are obviously a tool - I'll back my experience with the real world over yours every second of the day you f'wit.

Idiot???

Tool.

Unless of course you are a drug addict yourself do not dare take me on over the issue of addictions.

Tool.

Idiot.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
Spinner wrote:Yet you seem certain that the bloke ISNT trying.
Show me some evidence he is and I may change (some) of my opinion.
Exactly.

And the world isn't waiting you you to change 'some' of your opinion.

I'm only posting to point out how much of an 'idiot' you are for having an opinion that you seem to think is valid.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

Totally agree.

First hand.

Plugger66 you are obviously a tool - I'll back my experience with the real world over yours every second of the day you f'wit.

Idiot???

Tool.

Unless of course you are a drug addict yourself do not dare take me on over the issue of addictions.

Tool.

Idiot.
I have never been so scared. Mods whats with this mods stuff even makes me more scared. One question were you a drug addict yourself?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Go and have your personal insult war somewhere else. Was a reasonable debate until this sh*t started.
People have different views. Fair enough.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

I don't mind the insult war, just don't quote seven previous posts simply to make a one-line retort. :shock:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

Totally agree.

First hand.

Idiot???

Tool.

Tool.

Idiot.
I have never been so scared. Mods whats with this mods stuff even makes me more scared. One question were you a drug addict yourself?
Plugger66 I never said you should be scared - but if you are - BOO! :oops:

Goose.

Oh yeah Plug, gonna give myself up here as a former drug addict...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Some here probably know that I wasn't but have I very strong views on it - and not all negative, I like those who actualy do help themselves. I have seen none of that in Benny but hey, you obviously know him and know better.

Will still back my experience on a daily basis over yours Plugga.

I used to like some of your posts but you obviously struggle....