Rumours rife at Moorabbin - secret talks held

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

fox doesn't usually let his heart rule his head.

if he was in with pratt, I have no doubt there would have been a business input in from the relationship (dont forget fox runs one of the biggest logistics/supply companies in the country and dwarfs even the massive business of westaway)

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
chook23 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:in the 1980s lindsay, as president, played a major role in stopping the club from going under financially.

on field his presidency wasn't a good time for us, but, under his direction, the club survived. great st kilda man.

wonder what is going on down there. are we relocating to casey? is gt going to be involved again in some official capacity? interesting times
great st.kilda man.................

yes helped during the horrible 80's

as mentioned (may have been purely for business) but did finacially support Carltonians and was happy to be seen in that circle..........

was he really a great saints man during that time???? and just a clayton
carltonian.

a lot of these wealthy guys give to charities ... such as carlton ... doesn't mean his heart isn't at st kilda.

i remember reading somewhere that kevin sheedy buys a membership to every club every year ... that's because he supports football.

I think being involved and a financial backer with the Carltonians was bit more than a club membership.
:roll: :roll:

saint4life
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:I think being involved and a financial backer with the Carltonians was bit more than a club membership.
dan's right, chook. it would have been to do with business.

lindsay is a st kilda man and has strong links with our new board.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
chook23 wrote:I think being involved and a financial backer with the Carltonians was bit more than a club membership.

Just my opinion that is why I don't consider him a great St.kilda man just a st.kilda man who was happy to be a Carltonian man.

When it suits Lindsay

saint4life
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Just my opinion that is why I don't consider him a great St.kilda just a st.ilda man who was happy to be a Carltonian man.

When it suits Lindsay
so what? its his money...

as far as I know he continues to support st kilda.

I was chuffed when st kilda listed its SC members a few years ago and my name was there, but it was interesting at who else bought st kilda membership.

you'll find for some ppl football traditions > individual loyalty.

its funny how many st kilda players have business relationships, marketing relationships and social friendships with people outside st kilda.

Reiwoldt alone has business contacts and joint ventures with about a dozen other peeps from other clubs.

Harvey gave that scumbag gruckman come junkie/thief/douche from carlton (who's name escapes me) a job when no one else would touch him.

who knows why fox did what he did.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

If Lindsay Fox had of had his way, St.Kilda would now not exist and we'd be merged with Carlton, playing in Carlton jumpers, Carlton shorts, Carlton socks and now called Carlton

Fox might have helped save us in 1984

BUT

He will be forever tarnished by aligning him self so closely with his rich Carlton mates including Pratt and wanting St.Kilda Football Club to merge with Carlton

That's about as big a sin as you could imagine in football

and I do mean FAIR DINKUM

this had better not have ANYTHING to do with Grant Thomas coming back or this club is totally stuffed

await announcement with interest
Last edited by barks4eva on Sun 04 Nov 2007 1:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

who was our number 1 ticket holder last year or have we scrapped that tradition? someone said on here a while back that it was lindsay. does anyone know?
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 04 Nov 2007 2:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Harvey gave that scumbag ruckman come junkie/thief/douche from carlton (who's name escapes me) a job when no one else would touch him.
that's the final straw. he's forfeited all rights to be called a st kilda person :roll:
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 04 Nov 2007 1:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

casey scorp
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:.... I think he might be involved in some sort of "one-off" venture, and my guess was it was either to do with a sponsor or training facility.
bigcarl wrote:....wonder what is going on down there. are we relocating to casey? ...... interesting times
Interesting times indeed! The Lindsay Fox Elite Training Centre at Casey Fields? Hope so.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:any more thoughts/guesses?
- shane warne is coming on as a board member.

- lindsay is giving up the no. 1 ticket in favour of GT.

- we are going to casey.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:who was our number 1 ticket holder last year or have we scrapped that tradition. someone said on here a while back that it was lindsay. does anyone know?
Was John Moran for the early 2000's years then Lindsay in 2006 and 2007 from memory.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The Saints training facility will be re-located to a private beach at Portsea with a purpose built four story training building providing exclusive views of the bay. Each player will be provided with his own private helicopter to commute to and from training.
Opposition from local residents will be over-ridden because the facility will be good for local business.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
bigcarl wrote:who was our number 1 ticket holder last year or have we scrapped that tradition. someone said on here a while back that it was lindsay. does anyone know?
Was John Moran for the early 2000's years then Lindsay in 2006 and 2007 from memory.
thanks jb

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

interesting......I just don't trust Fox....he is a snake, no doubt about that.

I don't know about Westaway and his ethics/business dealings and how influential he really would be if Fox got on board.

Anyway, it ads yet more intrigue and interest to what is normally a dull month/couple of months of the offseason.

Excellent timing, if it has to happen!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:He attends games, and he has sponsored the club in the past.

Can't question his love of the club and those he played with - I believe two years ago he flew the whole 1960 team to Hawaii for a week?

Like Pratt at Carlton, IMO you must involve your influential supporters with the club. No use having them isolated on the outer.
Are you saying;

It's better having him on the inside of your tent piddling out than on the outside piddling in :?: !!

The Peanut
Club Player

st.byron wrote:The Saints training facility will be re-located to a private beach at Portsea with a purpose built four story training building providing exclusive views of the bay. Each player will be provided with his own private helicopter to commute to and from training.
Opposition from local residents will be over-ridden because the facility will be good for local business.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah ... The first thing I thought when Fox and Casey were mentioned in one mouthful was - perhaps the new board have approached him to provide a helecopter service to Casey Fields. :wink:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
st.byron wrote:The Saints training facility will be re-located to a private beach at Portsea with a purpose built four story training building providing exclusive views of the bay. Each player will be provided with his own private helicopter to commute to and from training.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah ... The first thing I thought when Fox and Casey were mentioned in one mouthful was - perhaps the new board have approached him to provide a helecopter service to Casey Fields. :wink:

yeh mate, wouldn't trust Fox as far as I could throw him, which isn't very far.
Fox is a toad.

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

I phoned a current director this morning. He said the article is absolute rubbish ...laughed about how inaccurate she is as a journo... she's a mate of deposed director mark Kellett , ..said Thursday's board meeting was very positive ,and that it's been years since Lindsay visited at Linton Street...said the only contact with LF was some directors met Lindsay a couple of weeks ago at his house at his invitation to touch base, and he was very keen to help the club in the background ....he said new board expect vastly improved relationship with him and his family .
Last edited by 4theluvoftheclub on Sun 04 Nov 2007 5:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

4theluvoftheclub wrote:I phoned a current director this morning. He said the article is absolute rubbish ...laughed about how inaccurate she is as a journo... she's a mate of deposed director mark Kelett , ..said Thursday's board meeting was very positive and that it's been years since Lindsay actually was at Linton Street...said some directors met Lindsay a couple of weeks ago at his invitation to touch base and he was very keen to help the club in the background and new board expect vastly improved relationship with him and his family .
well..that kinda sorts that out ...also provides a glimmer of an insight into where some of the other crap has come from over the past few years doesn't it...we are welll rid of the deposed board members......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

Yep, and he said that Kellett's wife has a child in same year and school as Caroline Wilson's child...so....draw your own conclusions...

mischa
Club Player

Bleh...I'd be more concerned about the potential influence crap like Robert Scumbag (I mean Walls) might have (please say it isn't so RL).

stinger
Saintsational Legend

4theluvoftheclub wrote:Yep, and he said that Kellett's wife has a child in same year and school as Caroline Wilson's child...so....draw your own conclusions...
suddenly the fog is clearing......or the leak got plugged......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:Bleh...I'd be more concerned about the potential influence crap like Robert Scumbag (I mean Walls) might have (please say it isn't so RL).
i'm trying to work out what you're driving at here. that RL takes advice from walls? hope not.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Rod Butterss will be re-employed as water boy and dogsbody for GT.

Ah...but to be be re-employed....you have to have been employed in the first place :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
4theluvoftheclub wrote:Yep, and he said that Kellett's wife has a child in same year and school as Caroline Wilson's child...so....draw your own conclusions...
suddenly the fog is clearing......or the leak got plugged......
Nah Stinger,
Everyone knows that RB was the leaker to Caro. :roll: