Cousins is now a crack junkie in downtown LA? Version 2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

be interesting to revist the poll on whether folks want that drug cheat cousins in our club if he doesn't turn to rehab and/or the outcome of his refusal to take a legal police drug test.

still good to know st mik is making excuses for everything cousins does :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

read this then.....

"Ben Cousins 'skips drug rehab'

Philippa Bourke, Los Angeles, and Mario Xuareb | November 1, 2007 - 10:25AM

Troubled West Coast Eagle Ben Cousins, who has reportedly failed to check into a California rehabilitation clinic, would not be allowed on to the grounds of the centre if he were detoxing, a spokesman said today.

According to reports, the fallen West Coast Eagles star, who was scheduled to check into a treatment program at the Summit Centre in Malibu on Monday, failed to show up.

The 29-year-old is believed to be battling a methamphetamines addiction, which contributed to his sacking from the AFL club last month after his arrest in Perth for possession of drugs and refusing to undergo a driver assessment after his car was pulled over by police officers. The drug charge was dropped.

Cousins flew out of Australia for LA on Friday after a magistrate granted him a 90-day adjournment to allow him to return to rehabilitation. He was met by two blonde women at Los Angeles International Airport, but he did not check in to Summit on Monday, as expected.

The Australian newspaper today quoted sources close to the clinic saying they concerned for Cousins's safety.

The news was greeted with shock in the AFL community.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said he was concerned for the former Brownlow medallist's welfare.

"I hope he's safe and sound and I hope he's about to check into the clinic, as he told everybody (he would) and I think we should all be concerned about his whereabouts," Demetriou said on ABC radio.

AFL Players' Association (AFLPA) chief Brendan Gale today said the reports of Cousins' disappearance "comes as some surprise''.

"But I'm in no position to verify the reliability or not - I simply don't know,'' he told Southern Cross Broadcasting in Melbourne.

But he has rejected the general view that the sacked West Coast player's career was at an end after his recent arrest in Perth.

"He's got to demonstrate that he is fit and willing and able to perform his duties as a professional footballer,'' Gale said.

"Should he be able to do that I would expect that he would be given permission to resume playing.

"For the AFL to deny that opportunity would be a very complex decision.

"He'd need to demonstrate that he was up and going and willing and able.''

Clyde R. Steele, executive director of the Summit centre in Malibu told The Age today that he knew nothing about Cousins - either as an in-house client or a guest that never arrived.

Any client in the throes of what was once called cold turkey must be cared for in a medical context, a hospital or other facility, before admittance to Summit, Mr Steele stressed.

Other staff at Summit, an ultra-expensive resort-style centre, said they could not discuss any clients or confirm their arrival.

They also would not comment on suggestions Cousins may be at a detox centre.

Admissions officer Tondalaya Williams refused to confirm or deny whether Cousins checked in to rehabilitation.

"That's our stated procedure for any client - we can cannot admit or deny,'' Ms Williams said.

Meanwhile, detectives with missing persons units at the Los Angeles Police Department and the sheriff's department, which covers Malibu, said Cousins was not in their systems.

Detective Diane Harris from the sheriff's missing persons unit said it would be up to Cousins' family in Australia to report him missing.

"When someone is reported missing in the state of California it goes into a nationwide computer, and his name is not in there,'' Detective Harris said.
"I don't see anyone by that name that has had a report taken.

"Normally what happens is that if someone is missing from a different country, a report needs to be taken in the country of origin and also the country that they are missing in."

with AAP

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saint Mik
Club Player

Stinger you are telling me to get real but i'm not the one SPECULATING on the issue and posting things like "end of story"

Dont want to keep going over the same things but how the F*** do you know whats going on they might not of had right to request a blood test and this is why he did not give one "end of story"more bullshyte stories.

I'm willing to let this whole thing run its course because last time i looked you were inocent until PROVEN guilty. :roll:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Stinger you are telling me to get real but i'm not the one SPECULATING on the issue and posting things like "end of story"

Dont want to keep going over the same things but how the F*** do you know whats going on they might not of had right to request a blood test and this is why he did not give one "end of story"more bullshyte stories.

I'm willing to let this whole thing run its course because last time i looked you were inocent until PROVEN guilty. :roll:
of course they have a right to request a blood test.....

Saint Mik
Club Player

Yes mabey they do BUT he may also have the right to refuse it according to his legal team who knows what they have lined up for him?

That story you told me to read is nothing but headlining and reads like a storm in a tea cup missing person really c'mon he could be drinking iced tea in some 5 star hotel getting blow jobs every hour for all we know while his family at home know every move he has planned now theres a story print that because it has just as many facts in it :roll:

UNTIL we here from his family or people that really matter and they say YEP he is missing we dont know whats going on then its just more of the same stuff really.

He has become bigger than texas and they love it ,just FARKIN give the bloke some space and see what happens its his money his plans his choice what he does not anybody elses, why is that so hard to see not everything needs to be as dramatic as what the papers want us to believe IMO.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Reports really seem to be jumping the gun. The only quote from the rehab centre is that they don't comment on who is and isn't there. I believe it's not unusual to have phones etc. confiscated/turned off in the first days in rehab in order to focus the individual on the tast at hand.

From what was being reported on radio/TV this morning, this all seems to come from the fact that no reporters saw him go into the clinic, and he's not answering his phone.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Saint Mik
Club Player

BAM(shhh)
On the money but stop talking sence i'm not used to it :shock:

Perhaps he is missing in rehab :wink:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

LOL - people get worked up over anything the media reports these days.

The journos were told by their cheifs of staff to go and find out something new about the Cousins story, and because they couldn't get a story up and running about what he was up too, they decided he's on the loose in LA.

Now, if you were Cousins, and everyone knew you were going to Summit, including all the press, surely you'd change your plans, wouldn't you?

I had a good chuckle about these reports myself, knowing the hysterical reaction that would follow as the general public works themselves into a lather about how morally corrupt he is.

Deary me. It's an interesting age we live in - yet not that all far detatched from events which occurred just a speck over 70 years ago.

Such is life.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

fox sports news said before.."cousins was picked up by 2 blondes in LA and hasnt been seen since" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:LOL - people get worked up over anything the media reports these days.

The journos were told by their cheifs of staff to go and find out something new about the Cousins story, and because they couldn't get a story up and running about what he was up too, they decided he's on the loose in LA.

Now, if you were Cousins, and everyone knew you were going to Summit, including all the press, surely you'd change your plans, wouldn't you?

I had a good chuckle about these reports myself, knowing the hysterical reaction that would follow as the general public works themselves into a lather about how morally corrupt he is.

Deary me. It's an interesting age we live in - yet not that all far detatched from events which occurred just a speck over 70 years ago.

Such is life.
"Pretentious ..? Moi ..?"

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Another GO...?

:shock:

Sainterman
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:

Such is life.
Seemed that most knew pretty quickly where he was going last time he went to rehab...why would it be any different this time?

He went to Summit because it is supposed to be the best available for the issues he has. hence the reason for his return, plus perhaps they know his case and have his patient files to work from.

IMO, it would be good to see him get better, but by all reports this doesn't seem the be the case.

saintm
Club Player

According to his father, Ben's not missing at all and he has spoken to him in the last 12 hours.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html

"THE father of troubled footy star Ben Cousins has lashed out at claims his son is on the loose in Los Angeles.

Bryan Cousins denied his son had vanished despite concerns he had failed to show at an exclusive drug treatment centre in Malibu.

"I can assure you he is not missing," Mr Cousins told Herald Sun Online.

"I have spoken with him in the last 12 hours.''

Mr Cousins declined to elaborate on his son's health."

The article continues on after these comments.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Apology accepted, Riewoldting.

:D

Saint Mik
Club Player

GEEZ I can hear the silence from all those that want this bloke hung :roll:

ALL ABOARD next media gravy train leaving for where ever they can find a BEN Cousins story.

YEP just another day such is life, Dan can i borrow your sig please :wink:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintm wrote:According to his father, Ben's not missing at all and he has spoken to him in the last 12 hours.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html

"THE father of troubled footy star Ben Cousins has lashed out at claims his son is on the loose in Los Angeles.

Bryan Cousins denied his son had vanished despite concerns he had failed to show at an exclusive drug treatment centre in Malibu.

"I can assure you he is not missing," Mr Cousins told Herald Sun Online.

"I have spoken with him in the last 12 hours.''

Mr Cousins declined to elaborate on his son's health."

The article continues on after these comments.
So he's not on the loose, but he's not in rehab either...

I reckon Ben has rung his Dad and told him that he's not going into rehab straight away..that hes having some time in LA or elsewhere first but doesnt want the media to know.

"refused to elaborate on his sons health"?? I reckon his Dad is one mighty worried parent at the moment. Benny is (IMHO) partying it up big on the other side of the world on one last bender before Rehab.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:GEEZ I can hear the silence from all those that want this bloke hung :roll:

ALL ABOARD next media gravy train leaving for where ever they can find a BEN Cousins story.

YEP just another day such is life, Dan can i borrow your sig please :wink:
... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...another martyr to the lost cause......

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

so he's spoken to his dad, does that mean he is attending the rehab clinic or not,

his father refused to elaborate on his health?

the AFL should drug test him now :lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Where did everyone go?

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Saint Mik wrote:Yes mabey they do BUT he may also have the right to refuse it according to his legal team who knows what they have lined up for him?
On the known facts, the police have more than a right to request it, they have an authority to require it, and a person so required cannot lawfully refuse to comply.
Saint Mik wrote:c'mon he could be drinking iced tea in some 5 star hotel
I bet he is. :)

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:
Shafted by the media for one the cops for another and three the club he played for and before you carry on about the blood test why did they not confirm with his legal people first before they gave him the arse.

Get all the impressions you want what will happen in the PSD because thats just another word to add to the others :roll:
Shafted!!! You can't be serious. He's been the darling pin-up boy of the Western media for years. A pampered, can do no wrong, idolised, must be forgiven for every indiscretion demi-god.
Shafted by the cops! You can't be serious. Arrested after driving eratically, in a car containing traces of cocaine and ampethamine and refused a blood test. There's only one person shafting him and it's himself.
What's confirmation with his legal people got to do with it? It's the law that you must submit to a test under those circumstances and he refused. Simple. The only possible reason he could have for refusing a test would be that he wasn't clean.
Shafted by WCE!!! Now you're really stretching it. How the hell have WCE shafted him? He should have been suspended long before he was. WCE have tolerated his indiscretions for years in the interest of winning a flag but now he's gone too far.
St. Mik, seems to me that your civil liberty and justice hat is so big it's covering your eyes.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Why is Bryan Cousins obligated to tell the world how Ben is doing?

If it was my dad, I sure as hell wouldnt want him telling everyone my medical history.

'wouldnt elaborate on Ben's health.'

Again - why does he have to? HE DOESNT!
Last edited by n1ck on Thu 01 Nov 2007 1:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: St. Mik, seems to me that your civil liberty and justice hat is so big it's covering your eyes.

well said...... :wink: :lol:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Why is Bryan Cousins obligated to tell the world how Ben is doing?

If it was my dad, I sure as hell wouldnt want him telling everyone my medical history.

'wouldnt elaborate on Ben's health.'

Again - why does he have to? HE DOESNT!
Well said.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:
Shafted by the media for one the cops for another and three the club he played for and before you carry on about the blood test why did they not confirm with his legal people first before they gave him the arse.

Get all the impressions you want what will happen in the PSD because thats just another word to add to the others :roll:
Shafted!!! You can't be serious. He's been the darling pin-up boy of the Western media for years. A pampered, can do no wrong, idolised, must be forgiven for every indiscretion demi-god.
Shafted by the cops! You can't be serious. Arrested after driving eratically, in a car containing traces of cocaine and ampethamine and refused a blood test. There's only one person shafting him and it's himself.
What's confirmation with his legal people got to do with it? It's the law that you must submit to a test under those circumstances and he refused. Simple. The only possible reason he could have for refusing a test would be that he wasn't clean.
Shafted by WCE!!! Now you're really stretching it. How the hell have WCE shafted him? He should have been suspended long before he was. WCE have tolerated his indiscretions for years in the interest of winning a flag but now he's gone too far.
St. Mik, seems to me that your civil liberty and justice hat is so big it's covering your eyes.
Well technically, it's possible he was shafted by Daniel Chick, or maybe even Sam Druce.