Sponsor Exposure.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I wore my warmest Saints shirt to a function at the St.Kilda Saints ground last year, when Nicky Winmar was there. He came up to me and said, "That's an old shirt!" It had Tooheys and Puma on it. I went , cring, cring.
Last edited by borderbarry on Mon 29 Oct 2007 4:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
saintsRrising wrote: ... Lets face it...sponsoring an AFL club mainly offers branding value...and organistations that already have a strong brand have little need for the Saints. We are a good fit for an organisation that wants to build brand awareness.
... like Tiger Airways :wink:

... but Saints Airline would sound a lot better! ... and Virgin wouldn't be exactly correct ... but it feels like it. :roll:
Well not like Tiger....they are a big believer in viral and guerilla marketing. They do marketing on the cheap.....and in ways meshing with their product...ie internet booking of flights.

They tend to just issue very cheap sales with lots of group emails etc to build brand awareness.

I was lucking enough to snag 5 seats for Phukeet to Singapore for a $1SIN plus taxes when they expanded 2 years back and have kept an eye on them since.

But there are several wealthy Arab based airlines that are seeking to ramp up their business in Australia....and who are all blessed with deep oil funded pockets (ie they wnat to build businesses now so that they have alternate income streams when the oil money runs out).
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 29 Oct 2007 5:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Peanut
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
Do the AFL have a 'major sponsorship deal' with Qantas? If so, won't that preclude us getting an airline major sponsor?

Similar to the problems we had with Tooheys?
not sure about the rules and who the afl have currently on-board ... but I heard a rumour a while back about 'an airline company' ... could be way offf the track though.

... and even if Tiger were to spend some money on branding ... there is a more likely team.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Do the AFL have a 'major sponsorship deal' with Qantas? If so, won't that preclude us getting an airline major sponsor?

Similar to the problems we had with Tooheys?
not sure about the rules and who the afl have currently on-board ... but I heard a rumour a while back about 'an airline company' ... could be way offf the track though.

... and even if Tiger were to spend some money on branding ... there is a more likely team.
The Pies have Emirates as a Sponosr...

....Though as we all know the Pies have their own set of AFL rules......

There are several new Arab airlines though...but :wink: they may not want to sponsor a team called the Saints!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Peanut
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:I wore my warmest Saints shirt to a function at the St.Kilda Saints ground last year, when Nicky Winmar was there. He came up to me and said, "That's an old shirt!" It had Tooheys and Puma on it. I went , cring, cring.
I had an old 'proper' black wool jumper with a woven crest in the shirt pocket position - I loved it and wore it to death - lots of people talked to me about it and wanted one. No ads - good quality with the logo featured. wouldn't suit many people but there are still a few oldies around that like that sort of thing and are not accostomed to wearing advertising on their clothing - I'm one of them.

The Peanut
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: ... There are several new Arab airlines though...but :wink: they may not want to sponsor a team called the Saints!!!
yeah we could always change our name to a more appropriate name ... but I'm not volunteering to type out the word.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

saintsrus wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
riccardo wrote:Hopefully they are nationally well known and respected companies. When we took Bill express on, nobody knew who they were or what they did, ditto Mortgage House.

As long as it isn'ty like half the A-League or EPL sponsors, most of whom I've never heard of (what is "Bing Lee" anyway? :? )
I really don't give a rats if they are well known...

Their money is still the same colour .........

The exposure these companies get is pretty godd IMO...
Agree there I dont care who sponsors us, unless its moral company ie not smoking one or brothel or anything embarrasing

tobacco companies are not legally allowed to these days, doubt many brothels have the money

weren't the saint sponsored by them umpteen years ago?