Sponsor Exposure.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Trunch
Club Player

Sponsor Exposure.

Now that the draw is out the Saints can focus on their negotiations with a new major sponsor. With 16 games being played on free to air T.V. that is great coverage/exposure for a new organization.

Remain educated on the game, stay loyal to St.Kilda
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I have a feeling multiple sponsor deals are done and dusted (or very close to).

Just waiting on the gaming licenses for the new board members as from what ive heard, legally they are not in office and cannot sign any contracts on behalf of the football club until the gaming licenses are approved.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:I have a feeling multiple sponsor deals are done and dusted (or very close to).

Just waiting on the gaming licenses for the new board members as from what ive heard, legally they are not in office and cannot sign any contracts on behalf of the football club until the gaming licenses are approved.
close to exact words from westaway himself

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully they are nationally well known and respected companies. When we took Bill express on, nobody knew who they were or what they did, ditto Mortgage House.

As long as it isn'ty like half the A-League or EPL sponsors, most of whom I've never heard of (what is "Bing Lee" anyway? :? )

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I presume Bing Lee sponsor a club from NSW riccardo?

Think the Sydney equivalent of JB HiFi ... although cheaper and more expertise in the entertainment/audio-visual area.

They are a fairly large chain throughout NSW.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintm
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:I presume Bing Lee sponsor a club from NSW riccardo?

Think the Sydney equivalent of JB HiFi ... although cheaper and more expertise in the entertainment/audio-visual area.

Also the reason for Brett Lee's nickname.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:I presume Bing Lee sponsor a club from NSW riccardo?

huge chain......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
dascman
Club Player

Yeah Bing Lee is a huge company in NSW. Rivalling JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman et al.

They've been around for 50 odd years. Sure they'd be out of place sponsoring a Victorian AFL club...but it's hardly surprising that they sponsor a club like Sydney FC in the A-League.

Apu
Club Player

dascman wrote:Yeah Bing Lee is a huge company in NSW. Rivalling JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman et al.

They've been around for 50 odd years. Sure they'd be out of place sponsoring a Victorian AFL club...but it's hardly surprising that they sponsor a club like Sydney FC in the A-League.
Anyone with a first name of "Bing" must be at least 50 years old.

Saintsational Legend

Apu wrote:
dascman wrote:Yeah Bing Lee is a huge company in NSW. Rivalling JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman et al.

Anyone with a first name of "Bing" must be at least 50 years old.

or chinese

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

What's wrong with being at least 50 years old?

At least I've seen the Saints win a Premiership.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:Hopefully they are nationally well known and respected companies. When we took Bill express on, nobody knew who they were or what they did, ditto Mortgage House.

As long as it isn'ty like half the A-League or EPL sponsors, most of whom I've never heard of (what is "Bing Lee" anyway? :? )
I really don't give a rats if they are well known...

Their money is still the same colour .........

The exposure these companies get is pretty godd IMO...

You did mention Bill Express and Mortgage House.....

Well, I bet most Victorians have heard of them now
Last edited by St Fidelius on Sat 27 Oct 2007 1:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
The Peanut
Club Player

riccardo wrote:Hopefully they are nationally well known and respected companies. When we took Bill express on, nobody knew who they were or what they did, ditto Mortgage House.

One of the principal reasons why a new company or a company that is expanding thier busininess interstate or overseas spend the big bucks is to 'become' well known (branding).

In other words Bill Express knew you and an umpteen other people didn't know who they are and that is why they were willing to pay for it

There are other reasons to spend big bucks - expose new merchandise, continuing the branding to keep competitors at bay and many others - but branding in one form or another is a key factor in regards to what an AFL team has to offer sponsors.

Bill Express are moving away from a 'branding only' factor and so is Vodafone - Bill Express wish to spend their dollars in something that is the next step of thier marketing strategy and Vodafone were offered branding and business by Carlton - or so they say.

I am hoping we will get a new airline with supporter discounts :wink:

But anyone with big bucks to spend will do, especially if we don't need to spend too much to service them.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:

I really don't give a rats if they are well known...

Their money is still the same colour .........

The exposure these companies get is pretty godd IMO...
Agree there I dont care who sponsors us, unless its moral company ie not smoking one or brothel or anything embarrasing

Before Im 85
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

depends on the discounts

Scoop
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:What's wrong with being at least 50 years old?

Ditto :D

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Any word on sponsors for next year Scoop?

Also, you wouldn't happen to know if the board have received their gaming licenses yet, would you?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Scoop
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:Any word on sponsors for next year Scoop?

Also, you wouldn't happen to know if the board have received their gaming licenses yet, would you?
Don't know.....and

Don't know!

:wink:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:What's wrong with being at least 50 years old?

Ditto :D
That's dog...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Those companies obviously pay more money to start getting their name out there........pretty much the only reason 'companies' would give out money for pretty much nothing...

But I understand the value of having big well known companies...

As long as the sponsor dosnt have red in their logo, im happy...Pura Milk was the best damn sponsor we ever had....Made the jumpers look unreal.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Talking of sponsors i was going to start a new tread but will do it in here (hope this is not classed as thread hijacking) about who we had and when, since there are some on here that are 50 years young and younger can we put a sponors name and year next to it and see who was probably the best we had.

I cant think of many right now but snow deli and phillip morris is probably as far back as i can remember but i cant seem to remember many inbetween them and the last few we have had and i cant put a year next to them either early 80"s i suppose.

Voda phone 06/07
Bill express 06/07
M.House 03/05?
Pura 00/03?

Shorts
X box year?
Kmart year01?

Its strange how some stick in your mind yet you cant think of others.
A health Co. comes to mind also Mushachi or something?
Feel free to add to this but if possible put a year with it :wink:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
sainta
Club Player

Before Pura it was Toohey's for a few years.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

sainta wrote:Before Pura it was Toohey's for a few years.
Who sponosored us because they were trying to establish themselves in a new market ..ie Vic from there stronghold in NSW.

Despite all the wishing that the Saints land an established company...it is much more likely that we will landa comapny that either is largely unknown....and/ or wants to graba new market or launcha new product or service.

Lets face it...sponsoring an AFL club mainly offers branding value...and organistations that already have a strong brand have little need for the Saints.

We are a good fit for an organisation that wants to build brand awareness.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Peanut
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: ... Lets face it...sponsoring an AFL club mainly offers branding value...and organistations that already have a strong brand have little need for the Saints. We are a good fit for an organisation that wants to build brand awareness.
... like Tiger Airways :wink:

... but Saints Airline would sound a lot better! ... and Virgin wouldn't be exactly correct ... but it feels like it. :roll:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
saintsRrising wrote: ... Lets face it...sponsoring an AFL club mainly offers branding value...and organistations that already have a strong brand have little need for the Saints. We are a good fit for an organisation that wants to build brand awareness.
... like Tiger Airways :wink:

... but Saints Airline would sound a lot better! ... and Virgin wouldn't be exactly correct ... but it feels like it. :roll:
Do the AFL have a 'major sponsorship deal' with Qantas? If so, won't that preclude us getting an airline major sponsor?

Similar to the problems we had with Tooheys?