St Kilda thought about chasing Cousins during trade week?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

so er why do collingwood travel far less than any other club (even when you remove traded games like melbourne, hawks, saints and north over the years) than anyother club?

statistical quirk?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

He played for Carlton in the 1960s. Bryan Statistical Quirk. Not a bad player.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:so er why do collingwood travel far less than any other club (even when you remove traded games like melbourne, hawks, saints and north over the years) than anyother club?

statistical quirk?
Because every Victorian club requests to play a home game against them. Pretty simple I would think.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Clubs request to play the Pies for financial reasons thats why they dont travel sucks but its the way it is.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

so what your saying is that because collingwood makes money they play more home games, and thus the draw is balanced to allow collingwood to travel less...

DER.

:roll:

and n1ck why did he refuse a legal request by the police to give a sample?

is he an addict or isnt he?

is crystal meth involved or not?

if he is an 'addict' why did the so called tests never find him?

why does the AFL saythe methylamphetamine as a recreational drug when CLEARLY it is listed by WADA as a stimulant and listed as one of the s6 drugs that CAN be tested in competition periods as well as outside competition as I posted earlier (the explanatory notes list about 1/3 of the s6 drugs as testable outside competition including methylamphetamine)

can we talk about these things or are there injunctions involved...

I dont see how he can be an 'addict' and yet not be caught unless they were not testing for it.

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:so what your saying is that because collingwood makes money they play more home games, and thus the draw is balanced to allow collingwood to travel less...

DER.

and n1ck why did he refuse a legal request by the police to give a sample?

is he an addict or isnt he?

is crystal meth involved or not?

if he is an 'addict' why did the so called tests never find him?

why does the AFL saythe methylamphetamine as a recreational drug when CLEARLY it is listed by WADA as a stimulant and listed as one of the s6 drugs that CAN be tested in competition periods as well as outside competition as I posted earlier (the explanatory notes list about 1/3 of the s6 drugs as testable outside competition including methylamphetamine)

can we talk about these things or are there injunctions involved...

I dont see how he can be an 'addict' and yet not be caught unless they were not testing for it.
Firstly the Vic clubs want to play the pies as a home game not as the pies home game but obviously the pies have 11 home games as well.

Secondly Ice is an in competition test only. Give ASDA a ring and see if they check for it out of competition. I bet you get no as an answer because it is classed as performance enhancing on game day only.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I posted the link to WADA, they do test methamphetamine out of competition, and even on the day of competition they can test before and after the day of competition and during the period of competition.

either in this thread or another on this issue I posted the link and the quote, I dont know why you are bringing in ASDA?

what I've posted is the WADA code as it stands.

as for collingwood, so what? why should they have a relatively easier draw to every other team? over a period of a decade now...

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:I posted the link to WADA, they do test methamphetamine out of competition, and even on the day of competition they can test before and after the day of competition and during the period of competition.

either in this thread or another on this issue I posted the link and the quote, I dont know why you are bringing in ASDA?

what I've posted is the WADA code as it stands.

as for collingwood, so what? why should they have a relatively easier draw to every other team? over a period of a decade now...
WADA can test for many drugs like Ice and Cocaine in certain evemts out of competition but dont for Athletics or Swimming. Dont see why the AFL would for football.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

benny must think someone will pick him up.....

"Cousins heads to Sydney. En route to rehab?

October 25, 2007 - 2:59PM

Former West Coast Eagles AFL star Ben Cousins has checked in for a flight from Perth to Sydney, from where he is expected to travel to the United States to resume drug rehab treatment.

Cousins was met at Perth's domestic airport by a media scrum today before checking on to a Qantas flight.

Arriving at Perth airport Cousins, dressed in a T-shirt, jeans and pointy snakeskin boots, told reporters:"Going well, yeah, looking forward to getting away."

Asked if he was looking forward to playing AFL again he replied: "Absolutely".

Cousins, 29, was dumped by West Coast last Wednesday, a day after being charged with possessing a prohibited drug, diazepam.

That charge was later dropped, but Cousins still faces a charge of refusing to take a driver drug test, after being pulled over in Perth for driving erratically in a club sponsor's car.

He appeared in court last Thursday, when he was granted a three-month adjournment to return to California for drug rehab treatment he began earlier this year.

Cousins told reporters he was not sure how long he would be away.
"I haven't decided mate, I'm not sure."

Asked if it could be months he replied: "Hopefully not, I'd like, hopefully to be training by then."

Cousins would not comment whether he intended to sue over the events that led to his sacking.

But he said he was not disappointed with his former club, which has said it will not reinstate him despite the dropping of the drug charge.
"No, not at all."

Would he be back in training in a few months? "Absolutely."

Cousins is believed to be planning to return to the exclusive Summit Centre drug rehabilitation clinic in Malibu.

Cousins has never tested positive for illicit drugs.

But he was suspended indefinitely from West Coast just 10 days before the 2007 season and underwent several weeks of drug rehabilitation in the US.

He returned to the game midway through 2007 after agreeing to stringent contract conditions, including that he not test positive to drugs or fall foul of the law.

AAP

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

actually they do test out of competition the USATF has been testing out of competition since the start of 06 is my understanding under their zero tolerance policy. Not sure about swimming.

so far, I've categorically shown that it can be tested out of competition, it is not recreational, its performance enhancing...

and because its not universally tested for athletics and swimming its what? not enhancing his training regime if he takes it in controlled doses?

if he's an addict at the end stages, he certainly wouldn't have performed as he did on his return to the AFL, without the drug in his system.

if he is an addict its very unlikely he would not be suffering from significant withdrawal symptoms when its not in his system.

also did anyone hit or strike cousins when we played them in melbourne? pretty sure blake played a clean game. Cousins was in the dugout retching and shaking (not drawing ANY conclusions but read up on withdrawal symptoms form crystal meth)

then have a look at his remarkable form in the second half.

now I am not saying he took drugs, Im saying is he an addict? if he is an addict he would have symptoms similar to what we saw (which could have been caused by a bad curry :roll: ) at 1/2 time. If he ISN"T an addict why is he going to rehab?

and how did AFL testers miss them?

SHUT UP KRIME!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

one of the cyclists that got nabbed in the tour de france is going to tell the authorities how they avoid detection ...hoping, in exchange that he gets a lighter sentence...should be interesting.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Dan Warna wrote: also did anyone hit or strike cousins when we played them in melbourne? pretty sure blake played a clean game. Cousins was in the dugout retching and shaking (not drawing ANY conclusions but read up on withdrawal symptoms form crystal meth)
Cmon Dan
you went a bit far this time
its called gut running and RL wants to see more of it at StKilda.

Seeya
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I've come into this thread late.

From what I gather their is talk about the Saints considering Cousins in the PSD?

Is this correct, or is this just mere speculation?
Could somebody answer the above?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
GrumpyOne

joffaboy wrote:

From what I gather their is talk about the Saints considering Cousins in the PSD?

Yes, no and yes.

Arrange them in any order you prefer.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Yes, no and yes.

Arrange them in any order you prefer.
Umm thanks........ :? :? :(

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sun Ra
Club Player

OK - there has been much media and public hysteria on the Cousins thing.....
there was a VERY balanced article in The Age by Martin Flanagan on Monday
that people should read, if they haven't already. Facts are these as I see it:
a) Cousins has/had a "drug problem"
b) Cousins is probably in the best 5 to 10 players in the game
c) He may well be available, due to "circumstances" for nothing but a draft pick, and many clubs will steer clear as he's considered "damaged goods".
d) StKilda is reputed to have shown interest during trade week prior to the latest episode.
e) Cousins has left for USA to continue rehab for 1 month (approx.)
f) He may be available in pre-season draft in December (legal challenges permitting - and it would appear the AFL doesn't have a leg to stand on here,
the President of Carlton has admitted to "Cartel Behaviour" and has accepted a $36 million dollar fine, and NOTHING from the AFL on this......Cousins has been found guilty of Zero and is contesting the remaining charge which has yet to be dropped, but still may be...
g) Eagles sacked him, have had enough of him, etc.
h) Michael Gardiner has been at StKilda after a fallout with the Eagles and so far, has not put a foot wrong, and has been re-contracted. Hasn't played a game either, but thats another story. I would say that Gardiner has realised he has 2 to 4 years left in the game where he can earn a LOT of money to set himself up and that he's on his last chance and has grabbed that opportunity.
i) If Cousins is drafted, and accepts a performance orientated contract, maybe he will also realise that he only has a couple of years left to cash in on his footy career and prove a few people out west wrong at the same time.
j) If Cousins was a complete "time waster" would he even be going to re-hab ???? Have a think about that for a minute.
-> I say we get him - he is a freak in the true sense of the word, and is exactly the type of player we need to complement our midfield. Put him on a tight leech, etc. It's worth the risk, if we don't give him another chance, some other club probably will. Frank Costa, Geelong President, said that today. Imagine Geelong picking him up !!! Or Collingwood, Carlton, etc.
We (maybe) have shown some interest, so we should be 1st in line. Give a bum a chance - it's the Australian way.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Sun Ra wrote:Put him on a tight leech, etc.
We're gonna suck, those, drugs,
right outta his blood
yes gonna suck, those, drugs,
right outta his blood

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Sun Ra
Club Player

You never know - it may work - I don't think the AFL test leeches ???
(Maybe that's what "The Chemist" (coach) has been up to all along ????

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Dan Warna wrote: also did anyone hit or strike cousins when we played them in melbourne? pretty sure blake played a clean game. Cousins was in the dugout retching and shaking (not drawing ANY conclusions but read up on withdrawal symptoms form crystal meth)
Cmon Dan
i agree sunsaint

that is a bit dramatic dan...ever considered cousins in a gun and runs harder and further than most??

get off your high horse - if ball (coming back from injury) or lenny could gut run like cousins can we would be a much better side

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
Cmon Dan
i agree sunsaint

that is a bit dramatic dan...ever considered cousins in a gun and runs harder and further than most??

get off your high horse - if ball (coming back from injury) or lenny could gut run like cousins can we would be a much better side
well we might as well give marion jones her gold medals back while we are at it :roll:

i for one will be happy if cousins the cheat never plays again.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

there is no proof the cousins has done anything wrong

and who honestly gives two s***s about marion jones anyway???

two different sports...two different genders...although one may query...

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:there is no proof the cousins has done anything wrong

so is he an addict or not?
if he is addict they how was surviving without it in his system, and how did they miss it on the testing.
if he isn't an addict why did WCE sack him and why is going for treatment?

he's been called a cheat by three major outlets and given this age of litigation why hasn't he sued?

why did he refuse a test?

if he isn't a cheat he is acting very much like one.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:there is no proof the cousins has done anything wrong

if he is addict they how was surviving without it in his system, and how did they miss it on the testing.

he's been called a cheat by three major outlets and given this age of litigation why hasn't he sued?

get off your high horse like it isnt happening down at st kilda....

its not as if these substances are to difficult to find...old couzy bro just got caught up in it all and its made public...

claystreet
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:

get off your high horse like it isnt happening down at st kilda....

its not as if these substances are to difficult to find...old couzy bro just got caught up in it all and its made public...
So you have proof of drug abuse at St Kilda yeah?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:

Dan you need to get over this. Ben Cousins may have used drugs but there is no proof what so ever that he has used performance enhacing drugs as per WADA and ASDA. Using recreational drugs before or after a game is cheating its stupid. And if he is a cheat then the Saints may have a cheat playing for them as well. Rose coloured glasses.