St Kilda thought about chasing Cousins during trade week?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne

Dan Warna wrote:
CURLY wrote:Look back over the years and youll find many a DH thats played in premiership team both trouble on and off the field its how there managed that can make the differance.
yep and marion jones won a stack of gold medals and bronze medals (not sure if she scored a silver at the olympics)

she is still a drug cheat, although it took 7 years to catch her.

rasmussen should be allowed back into the tour de france and give back ben johnson his gold medal.

i
While we're at it why not see if there are some games in Ivan Milat or Martin Bryant?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
CURLY wrote:Look back over the years and youll find many a DH thats played in premiership team both trouble on and off the field its how there managed that can make the differance.
yep and marion jones won a stack of gold medals and bronze medals (not sure if she scored a silver at the olympics)

rasmussen should be allowed back into the tour de france and give back ben johnson his gold medal.

i
Dan on what your saying about Cousins you should turn your lisence into the police for speeding even though you havent been caught. Johnston and Jones have been caught.
so you are saying cousins who has admitted having a substance addictioin and has been categorically names as a drug cheat by the ABC and the herald sun isn't a risk of getting caught?

and you actually have faith in the AFL testing policy?

then why is he heading back to rehab, WCE sacking him and the AFL deregistering him... :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:

i

Dan on what your saying about Cousins you should turn your lisence into the police for speeding even though you havent been caught. Johnston and Jones have been caught.
so you are saying cousins who has admitted having a substance addictioin and has been categorically names as a drug cheat by the ABC and the herald sun isn't a risk of getting caught?

and you actually have faith in the AFL testing policy?

then why is he heading back to rehab, WCE sacking him and the AFL deregistering him... :roll:
They havent deregesterd him the AFL as they dont have the grounds to. As for the Eagles maybe they had a gutfull of him wouldnt be the first player that a club lost patients with Martin Pike Ackermanis and Modra spring to mind.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Deregistered by the AFL after his dramatic axing from the Eagles on Wednesday night, Cousins will need the permission of the AFL Commission to nominate for any future draft.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/af ... 89697.html

SHUT UP KRIME!
Richter
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote: cheating is allowed to occur because the AFL sweeps it under the carpet.

its a sport, and a competition purporting to be athletes.

if it is a premier sport, stamp it out, or its no different to comedy at the wrestling.

as for being exposed, he wasn't caught once with it in his system was he? how many positive drug tests did he return again?
Oh dear. People cheat at sports because they intentionally ingest substances in order to get a competitive advantage. The AFL is in no worse a position than many other comparable sports like soccer, rugby, cricket, when it comes to drug cheating.

The detection of a drug problem is NOT just, in fact it is rarely, by means of a drug test - but that is the only objective standard which can be used for the purposes of WADA testing. The main way that substance misuse problems are picked up is by talking to a person - but this is done by a health professional and a patient/client in a confidential setting.

It would be quite ridiculous, retrograde and downright unethical to suggest that evidence of a person's substance misuse could be disclosed from this situation to be used for anything other than the treatment and care of the individual involved. The only way that such information can ethically be disclosed is if there is a signiciant danger to the health and well-being (i.e. imminent risk to life) of the patient or others - a lower standard is generally held for those with "sectionable" mental illnesses or minors.
as for the innuendo that all clubs are at it, WHERES YOUR EVIDENCE? thats not covered by an injunction :roll:
So, you're suggesting that there is even a single club that has all of the players on its list who haven't taken drugs? :roll: Earth calling Dan Warna.
ITS CHEATING. let him lose his career, and be stripped of his accolodes, he is no different to marion jones or ben johnson (the canadian) or any other dirty cheating cheat, we dont owe a drug cheat like cousins any favours, and before I get accused of missusing the language, I am quoting the ABC and the herald sun which used the term regarding cousins
See above re. the detection of substance misuse problems, the standard that is needed for WADA compared with that used in clinical practice and the boundaries that are set out ethically re the use of information abtained within the clinical setting.

Also, how do you know he is a "drug cheat"?
WHERES YOUR EVIDENCE?
If it could be proved so under the WADA code then he would be sanctioned. Until then it is merely speculation.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

well by all means get him over then :roll:

why not give 'go pills' to our players as well :roll:

its unethical to cheat at sport. what you have done is argue the rights of a cheater.

I do support his requirement for treatment, I don't support his right or any other players right to play with banned substances in their system.

I am fully aware that other players in other clubs may have, however as long as the AFL sticks its head in the sand players will i guess continue to chose to use 'go pills'.

as for the testing regime, rasmussen was tested 17 times leading up to tour de france.

our players are barely tested once a year. the likely hood of catching them under the regime where EPO, amphetamines and a raft of other drugs aren't being tested for, is fairly slim.

SHUT UP KRIME!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:well by all means get him over then
Good, then we can all agree - Benny, you're welcome at Moorabbin.

There's a vacant #9 for you, too. Maybe we should reserve that number for highly talented but wayward ex-Eagles :)

I just can't wait to see if we can get him...

Please let it be so.

Round 21.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:well by all means get him over then
Good, then we can all agree - Benny, you're welcome at Moorabbin.

There's a vacant #9 for you, too. Maybe we should reserve that number for highly talented but wayward ex-Eagles :)

I just can't wait to see if we can get him...

Please let it be so.

Round 21.
will have to see if he is un-deregistered (if such a thing can exist!)

SHUT UP KRIME!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

un-de-registered?

how about registered?

or even re-registered!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:un-de-registered?

how about registered?

or even re-registered!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was keeping that for if he wins a legal challenge and becomes underegestered, and the AFL wins on appeal the can be re-deregestered. or counter underegestered.
or ununderegestered.

at the supreme court challenge if reveresed again, it becomes unrederegestered or deunderegistered.

at the high court challenge...

SHUT UP KRIME!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Hehe fair call mate

Richter
SS Life Member

As I'm sure you're more than aware Dan, ethics are not black and white issues, and neither is the use of drugs in sport. Just surprised at you trying to reduce it down so simplistically. It ain't so.

Not that I have said so, but yeah I'd be well pleased to get Benny over here to play for us. People say he's arrogant, but compared to some others e.g. FIGJAM he's an angel on the narcissism score IMO.

Personally I feel a bit for the bloke, loses one of his best mates and his career in the same fortnight. Must be doing it pretty tough.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:As I'm sure you're more than aware Dan, ethics are not black and white issues, and neither is the use of drugs in sport. Just surprised at you trying to reduce it down so simplistically. It ain't so.

Not that I have said so, but yeah I'd be well pleased to get Benny over here to play for us. People say he's arrogant, but compared to some others e.g. FIGJAM he's an angel on the narcissism score IMO.

Personally I feel a bit for the bloke, loses one of his best mates and his career in the same fortnight. Must be doing it pretty tough.
plenty of ppl doing it tough.

its up to you what decisions you make.

personally I feel for the family of crazy john ilhan, i think he's a marvellous australian. yes i know some of his businesses have been dodgy, but I think he has been great.

cousins IMO is a jerk. i feel no sympathy whatsoever for him and dont want him at st kilda.

i think he's scum and a cheat but thats what I think. others think differently

cheers :)

SHUT UP KRIME!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:As I'm sure you're more than aware Dan, ethics are not black and white issues, and neither is the use of drugs in sport. Just surprised at you trying to reduce it down so simplistically. It ain't so.

I would have thought ethics are black and white, you either have them or you don't, you chose to be ethical or you chose to not to be.

Like drugs, you chose to take them or you don't. I think we are well past the point that a person can claim they did not know the effect or the consequences.

You chose to take an unfair advantage over an opponent or you don't.

I feel for Ben's family and his clean friends but I have no sympathy for him as an individual. I do not want him at St Kilda but what I want at St Kilda and what actually occurs have not always been aligned.

Each to their own is the bottom line I guess.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I think a point every one is missing is not so much can StKilda "pay" the price morally/ethically/socially to get Cousins to the Saints, but rather, can we afford to let him go to another club... say collingwood?
What would that mean to us, I would bet here and now that a quality midfielder in the pies line up would keep us out of a GF berth in '08.
Very tough call for the club to make, or fail to make.

Seeya
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:I think a point every one is missing is not so much can StKilda "pay" the price morally/ethically/socially to get Cousins to the Saints, but rather, can we afford to let him go to another club... say collingwood?
What would that mean to us, I would bet here and now that a quality midfielder in the pies line up would keep us out of a GF berth in '08.
Very tough call for the club to make, or fail to make.
how much money would collingwood throw to protect their brand and players (didak and holland) compared to st kilda?

didaks lawyer basically called the police officer a liar and lied in the press release

the video clearly shows didak look around, in the back of teh car, when the lawyer said 'he was sleeping'.

Collingwood clearly have no moral fibre in the management and their players, do you really want st kilda to be collingwood?

IMO for all our past and present flaws, financially, socially, on field etc, I would think we are a quantum more classy than the pies.

SHUT UP KRIME!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Dan
lawyers may have a permanent office at the pies headquarters, but we now have a QC on the board.
Yes we all take great delight in sledging the filth, carlscum etc, but do you really think their fans give a stuff. Do you care what other supporters think about the Saints?
My argument is based on the belief that if Cousins goes to the pies they will be standing on the dias in september before we ever get there.

Seeya
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:Dan
lawyers may have a permanent office at the pies headquarters, but we now have a QC on the board.
Yes we all take great delight in sledging the filth, carlscum etc, but do you really think their fans give a stuff. Do you care what other supporters think about the Saints?
My argument is based on the belief that if Cousins goes to the pies they will be standing on the dias in september before we ever get there.
my point is cousins is a drug cheat, if he gets sprung at st kilda he and the club will get hammered.

if he gets sprung at collingwood, big money will keep the AFL off balance till the finals.

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
my point is cousins is a drug cheat, if he gets sprung at st kilda he and the club will get hammered.

if he gets sprung at collingwood, big money will keep the AFL off balance till the finals.
You are right. The AFL will pick on us again. By the way Dan how did the pies go with Cloke and Rocca before those to GF. Did the AFL let them off?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:

You are right. The AFL will pick on us again. By the way Dan how did the pies go with Cloke and Rocca before those to GF. Did the AFL let them off?
why was didak and holland who lied about their relationship with hudson allowed to play and the vast amount of information buried by court injunctions...

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:

why was didak and holland who lied about their relationship with hudson allowed to play and the vast amount of information buried by court injunctions...
Holland. Where does that come from. And what has that got to do with the AFL.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: You are right. The AFL will pick on us again. By the way Dan how did the pies go with Cloke and Rocca before those to GF. Did the AFL let them off?
It's not neccessarily about the AFL picking on us as such, it's about the AFL looking after the AFL.

It's worth far more to the AFL for 1 or 2 state clubs, and Collingwood to succeed than it is for us to succeed.

The 'draw' and many other mind boggling decisions made by the AFL are testament to this.

Anyone who suggests the AFL aren't involved in umpiring trends and tribunal decisions are naive at best.

For Demetriou to say after the Brownlow that he'll be 'talking' to the umpires about the way they vote due to the fact that only on-ballers win it is absolutely amazing. It's the closest thing to as admission of corruption and fixing that I've ever heard.

I'm completely amazed that more wasn't made of it.

It is more evidence that the AFL dictates who succeeds and who doesn't, based on that what suits them and what it's worth to them.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:

Holland. Where does that come from. And what has that got to do with the AFL.
well officially cousins has never been found guilty of drugs in the AFL has he?

so hes' been suspended for outside football reasons mmm?

he doesn't have a problem according to some, and yet he is going for treatment...

wtf kind of sap believes that.

as for Dudak and Holland the connections with criminal figures in Melbourne are a bit lower down that cousins, but still apparent.

SHUT UP KRIME!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Who said he doesnt have a problem?

You are twisting peoples words Dan.

You also keep saying hes going for ANOTHER stint in rehab, but hes not. Hes going to CONTINUE his original time spent there, after the last few months as an outpatient. Perfectly normal, and has been planned for weeks. Cousins was always going to be heading back to continue his treatment. The only sticking point was whether he would pay out of his own pocket or teh club would cover the costs.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote: You are right. The AFL will pick on us again. By the way Dan how did the pies go with Cloke and Rocca before those to GF. Did the AFL let them off?
It's not neccessarily about the AFL picking on us as such, it's about the AFL looking after the AFL.

It's worth far more to the AFL for 1 or 2 state clubs, and Collingwood to succeed than it is for us to succeed.

The 'draw' and many other mind boggling decisions made by the AFL are testament to this.

Anyone who suggests the AFL aren't involved in umpiring trends and tribunal decisions are naive at best.

For Demetriou to say after the Brownlow that he'll be 'talking' to the umpires about the way they vote due to the fact that only on-ballers win it is absolutely amazing. It's the closest thing to as admission of corruption and fixing that I've ever heard.

I'm completely amazed that more wasn't made of it.

It is more evidence that the AFL dictates who succeeds and who doesn't, based on that what suits them and what it's worth to them.
Well I think that is rubbish but as so many people have rose coloured glasses they will not see it that way.