OFFICIAL Forum match thread !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Ilzy#8 wrote:Well done on the win yesterday everyone and thanks to the folks who came to show some support.

Also special mention to Yipper and the bloke who ran the boundry, in such heat that was a super effort.

Good to come away with a win and the BIG CARL!

Also huge thanks to Back From USA for the bbq which went down a treat and to the Demons boys for providing the liquids 8-)

Who ever is next inline HD might wanna thinkl twice about playings us, because yesterday we were:

SAINTSATIONAL!
that was my mate phil

he was itching to play but suprised at how much conditioning he's lost :D

he ran the 5.5k charity run a few weeks ago, but was absolutely gassed.

he racked up about 100 games for waverley in southern division finishing up about 10 years ago mix and I think another 100 odd in the reserves.

I think he's itching to have kick but he seeing all the young kids there he felt he could contribute more as boundary umpire assisting yips.

he reffed a few years ago, I think the year yipper bunged his knee.

He's a carlton fellow, but he's been my best mate for about 20 years.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
HarveysDeciple

I suggested it go to the club lol.

Until such time as we lose it again, which hopefully wont be for a while.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:I suggested it go to the club lol.

Until such time as we lose it again, which hopefully wont be for a while.
Well even if they had somehow beaten us yesterday, we should have taken the trophy home as it was the Spinner Brothers who kept them in the game!

They could get a game with Carlscum as professional 'tankers' They looked like they were really trying to win yesterday but they still managed to lose. :)

A saintsational effort on their behalf!

Beej
Saintsational Legend

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/ ... uarter.flv

30 seconds in. Is the camera angle misleading or did that ginger bloke playing for Melbourne only kick the footy about 5 metres? :lol:

helsy3
Club Player

OLB wrote:http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/ ... uarter.flv

30 seconds in. Is the camera angle misleading or did that ginger bloke playing for Melbourne only kick the footy about 5 metres? :lol:
Do you work for channel 7 by any chance? Some of those camera angles looked awfully familiar 8-)

Beej
Saintsational Legend

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/ ... I_2966.flv

This one's a bit big, it's the Melbourne pre-match address.

A bit of yipper and I think that's HarveysDeciple saying "...and you always beat us" to the Melbourne players. Nothing wrong with a bit of gamesmanship. :lol:

The Melbourne coaches are wearing matching "Football is life" t-shirts too. Aww, bless. :D :D

Beej
Saintsational Legend

helsy3 wrote:
OLB wrote:http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/ ... uarter.flv

Do you work for channel 7 by any chance? Some of those camera angles looked awfully familiar 8-)
LOL that wasn't me holding the camera. I would've been up some tree with an elevated view of the action.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/ ... I_2966.flv

The Melbourne coaches are wearing matching "Football is life" t-shirts too. Aww, bless. :D :D
I'm reliably informed they were purchsased at a 'market' on the way to the game!

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

I'm reliably informed they were purchsased at a 'market' on the way to the game!
Haha that's really cute. :lol:

"Hey lets meet up earlier, get some lunch, talk tactics... and buy some matching t-shirts. To be professional I feel we must look professional."

:lol:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Haha that's really cute. :lol:

"Hey lets meet up earlier, get some lunch, talk tactics... and buy some matching t-shirts. To be professional I feel we must look professional."

:lol:
Would you expect less from 2 great blokes, notwithstanding that 1 is a Solicitor and the other a Barrister. And the Barrister was actually the Melbourne FC Team Manager when Big Carl was coaching there.

Beekay
SS Life Member

Since I bag Kipper more than I give him praise, it is only fair to to man up and tell everyone that he was senstational.

Seems he goes better with no jet lag.

I don't blame fonzy piking and running away due to Kipper waiting for him for some fisty cufsy, as the hand of god would have whaled fonz all the way back to franga.

Kip took a mark sliding on his back while fighting off an opponent!

And the goal to win the match! A bicycle kick while doing a hand stand from 50 metres out with 40 opponents scragging, kicking and pulling his hair. What a champ.

Sainbot was a top recruit. To think he is 10 years old and is built like Daniel Kerr and looks about 20, the kid has some good years ahead of him.

*15 years old.

Ilzy was dominant. Athlete and a footballer. Great to watch. Best on ground..... behind Kipper. Was looking about as fine as the suit I just saw him in down the street. Sorry for the running, I was in the bad books with the handbag.

Hotdogs and Zody were as dominant as ever.

And what about Ross Lyon Jnr (aka Saintdooley)! He isn't actually 7 years old, as he might appear on the forum.

Thanks to the guys who got the snags under way. You guys might have to sponsor saintbot considering he had about 50 snags and 20 litres of coke.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Was it BackfromUSA who supplied the goods?

You are a star mate - the likes of which make forum meet-ups truly worthwhile. You continually dip in for the rest of us and it's much appreciated.

Shame I couldn't be there.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Was it BackfromUSA who supplied the goods?

You are a star mate - the likes of which make forum meet-ups truly worthwhile. You continually dip in for the rest of us and it's much appreciated.

Shame I couldn't be there.
Dan organized the BBQ and BackFromUSA provided some extras when it looked like there might be a shortage. Dan did most of the cooking as well, so he definitely deserves a pat on the back.

Ilzy#8
Club Player

I think next time round we should all chip in and get the food as Dan and BFU have always done this for us and along with left over money we should get them an apron with TEAMS HEAD CHEF spelt out on the front!

#13 BALLBANDWAGON Member

" You don't lose a game, you just run out of time to score "
luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

Beekay wrote: Hotdogs and Zody were as dominant as ever.
I'd almost forgotten who hotdogs was...
Man, it's been way too long.
Hopefully i can get myself down to the next game.

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
yipper
SS Life Member

Yep, another great forum footy day made even better by the hospitality and generosity of the likes of Dan and Backfrom the USA. Dan's mate ran the boundary for me - and although we looked like we were going to keel over at any moment - we made it. Big effort from the big fella. Good bloke too for a Carlton supporter!! What a great game of footy played at a fairly good pace all day (given the hot conditions) - I expected a slower game with players conking out in the heat!! But, not to be - rather a very high standard game with some outstanding individual efforts and some fine team football from both teams. Well played Dees and well done Saints!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Beekay wrote:Since I bag Kipper more than I give him praise, it is only fair to to man up and tell everyone that he was senstational.

Seems he goes better with no jet lag.

I don't blame fonzy piking and running away due to Kipper waiting for him for some fisty cufsy, as the hand of god would have whaled fonz all the way back to franga.

Kip took a mark sliding on his back while fighting off an opponent!

And the goal to win the match! A bicycle kick while doing a hand stand from 50 metres out with 40 opponents scragging, kicking and pulling his hair. What a champ.
what a phenomenal individual...i blamed my hangover for the no show, but in reality i was shitting myself thinking about what may confront me :wink:

congrats to those who did play, not exactly ideal weather for footy.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:Thanks to the guys who got the snags under way. You guys might have to sponsor saintbot considering he had about 50 snags and 20 litres of coke.
lmao!

i did bypass lunch for the game so i was due to eat :lol:

i dont think i was that bad...about three or four sausages and two cups of coke

cheers to dan and bfusa for the snags - very much needed and appreciated

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

This hotdogs nickname will haunt me hahaha unfortuantely you boys aren't the first to say it... :evil:, I definately thought people had forgotten him by now :lol:
Great day guys and look forward to the next one just please not during exams :P
Thanks Dan and B4USA good hit out... I do find it very interesting that its over 25 every game we play

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:This hotdogs nickname will haunt me hahaha unfortuantely you boys aren't the first to say it... :evil:, I definately thought people had forgotten him by now :lol:
Great day guys and look forward to the next one just please not during exams :P
Thanks Dan and B4USA good hit out... I do find it very interesting that its over 25 every game we play
MS, when are your exams?

Is three sundays from now ok?

BIG thanks to Dan and BFUSA, Saintsational effort as always

and Dan's kids are simply the best, very funny, kept me entertained for about half an hour, :wink:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
G-Unit
Club Player

hey guys, i finish exams on the 7th of nov, so any time after that and ill be there, but any game before and i cant make it. i think a few guys have exams, so if the next game isnt before the 15th of nov or so, we should have a big turn out.
oh, and can ilzy not play next game, i think some others would like to touch the football :D

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
Beekay wrote:Thanks to the guys who got the snags under way. You guys might have to sponsor saintbot considering he had about 50 snags and 20 litres of coke.
lmao!

i did bypass lunch for the game so i was due to eat :lol:

i dont think i was that bad...about three or four sausages and two cups of coke

cheers to dan and bfusa for the snags - very much needed and appreciated
lol, i dont se what the problem is!
i had more than bot, except bot had like 4 snags and 2 cups of coke in 5 mins, while i had by 4 or 5 snags and drink over about 2 hours! lol!
cant wait for the next game!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Cheers guys for an awesome day. It was fantastic to meet so many and actually put a face to the username/avatar that you are instinctively known as, since this being an internet forum.

As already discussed there were three 'traitors' amungst the victorious saintsationalites that ran around in demons colours for the day. :lol: Yet there will be no cry from demonland/ology about 'tankers' in their side as im pretty sure myself and my brothers made it clear we were still trying to win. :D . Once we crossed sides we ensured we were loyal to our 'new' teammates and 'new' colours. This ensured that there would be absolutely no 'taint' in victory if in fact Saintsational did get up, which they did.

It was awesome display of talent. With the likes of Ilzy, mightysainters and Saintbot in the middle. Also some great displays at both ends of the ground too, yet cant quite match some of their faces to names.

Cheers for B4EVA, Dan Warna, Yipper and HD for the organisation and contribution to match day. Also, to the coaching 'staff' of Melbourne. Extremely professional. And to the Melbourne players, couldnt have asked for a more welcoming bunch of players, given the fact that we were supposed to be rivals.

Looking forward to the next hitout. And especially looking forward to playing WITH yous, in hopefully another Saintsational WIN!!!!! :D

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Full credit to the Melbourne guys, earlier on it looked like we were going to absolutely pump them, but they managed to adjust their match-ups and come back hard!

Truth be told, if it wasn't for Barks 3/4 time REV-UP we would have been done like a dinner!! 8-) :wink:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

St. Luke wrote:Truth be told, if it wasn't for Barks 3/4 time REV-UP we would have been done like a dinner!! 8-) :wink:
Quite possibly the most inspirational speech I've ever heard.......

Sure leaves that Luther King bloke and Indian fella Ghandi for dead!

8-)