video: On the 24th of June - The Story of Harvey's 350th

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

I've made a few changes to the video to make it play better.

Some of the cuts between highlights were a little fast, for example with Montagna's clever little kick to X Clarke who set Milne up for his goal.

It was an extremely clever bit of skill and vision from Joey but due to the quickness of the transitions it was impossible to tell on the video just how clever it actually was.

Difficult to notice I guess but I'm pedantic, and I was losing sleep just knowing it was there, so I fixed it. :D

Also, while I was there I've taken saintbrat's advice, which she's since edited for some reason, and changed the ending so that it no longer reads "The End." She must be a little pedantic too. :lol:

New link up soonish for anyone who wants it.

linz
Club Player

n1ck wrote:careful guys.

OLB has such a huge head already, someone tell him how much they hated it just so he can be brought back down to size...
Post it on the Weagles Chat site. I'm sure they'll say they hate it. Not me though; great job OLB,

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:
Difficult to notice I guess but I'm pedantic, and I was losing sleep just knowing it was there, so I fixed it. :D

Also, while I was there I've taken saintbrat's advice, which she's since edited for some reason, and changed the ending so that it no longer reads "The End." She must be a little pedantic too. :lol:

it just felt TOO final OLB- and I didn't want to seem ungratefull after your great work.

what's the next project :) Fraser?
even if it does seem to take for ever for me to download. I will happily do so again.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Beej
Saintsational Legend

LennyBoy wrote:Your an old gun OLB with the outstanding quality of your video productions. Any chance of Japanese subtitles :wink:
When I was younger, you can imagine how difficult it was for me to make compilations of the Christians in the Colosseum, I had to draw about 5000 sketches, bind them into a book and then quickly flick the pages over to make it seem like a moving picture.

Suffice to say I'm enjoying this new video age immensely.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
OLB wrote:

it just felt TOO final OLB- and I didn't want to seem ungratefull after your great work.

what's the next project :) Fraser?
even if it does seem to take for ever for me to download. I will happily do so again.
You're right though. Having a picture of Banger and the words "the end" underneath it just didn't seem right.

Coming soon to a 17 inch LCD screen near you - Fraser Gehrig: The Man, The Myth. :D

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Heck I reckon he will continue even after his not on an AFL list - he will be playing somewhere -even if it's just for the kids at the local auskick.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Beej
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Heck I reckon he will continue even after his not on an AFL list - he will be playing somewhere -even if it's just for the kids at the local auskick.
I'll have to get down to wherever he's playing to video tape some of his games. For as long as he's playing, I'll be paying tribute to the great man.

You know, why stop there, I'll even make a video of his 60th birthday. I'll include slow-mo footage of the champ blowing out his candles. :lol:
Last edited by Beej on Sun 21 Oct 2007 6:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

F_Q_F
Club Player

Wow OLB awesome work!

Great editing and choice of music! I was at that game and really captured the atmosphere and the excitement, especially Nick Dal Santos goal in the final quarter. Thankyou!

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Old links have been removed, download saintbrat's final cut here http://www.sendspace.com/file/gh4gmz :D

lovin_dal_santo
SS Hall of Fame

defintiely worth the 843625365432543238 hours of download time >.<
lovely work olb :P

Robert Harvey
What else do we need?
Beej
Saintsational Legend

lovin_dal_santo wrote:defintiely worth the 843625365432543238 hours of download time >.<
Haha come on Polygon, what's a few hours when you're downloading a collectors item?

*will make sure his next effort is twice the size* :wink:

lovin_dal_santo
SS Hall of Fame

OLB wrote:
lovin_dal_santo wrote:defintiely worth the 843625365432543238 hours of download time >.<
Haha come on Polygon, what's a few hours when you're downloading a collectors item?

*will make sure his next effort is twice the size* :wink:
yes, collectors item..
lol no no is was brilliant :D
and gee thank you
you can buy me a new computer if that is your attitude :wink:

Robert Harvey
What else do we need?
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

**Channels Ja'ime** Are you a povo public school student with Dial-up LDS??

Great work OLB once again...great work :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
lovin_dal_santo
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:

Great work OLB once again...great work :-)
haha actually im not,
private school girl with broadband.. i have simply been burdened with a horrid computer :]

Robert Harvey
What else do we need?
Beej
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
I think she goes to some yuppy Hare Krishna School in Templestowe...

I'll buy her a new pc, it would be a small price to pay if it meant she stopped her persistent sulking. :D

*clearing out hard-drive in anticipation of the first 10 gigabyte video ever made*

lovin_dal_santo
SS Hall of Fame

OLB wrote:
saint66au wrote:

I'll buy her a new pc, it would be a small price to pay if it meant she stopped her persistent sulking. :D

*clearing out hard-drive in anticipation of the first 10 gigabyte video ever made*
haha as if it is yuppy, and as if it is in templestowe!
i will gladly take this new pc you speak of
doesnt mean i will stop my persistent sulking :D
that my dear little friend, will haunt you until the day technology turns its ugly back on you >.<

Robert Harvey
What else do we need?
Beej
Saintsational Legend

lovin_dal_santo wrote:
OLB wrote:
saint66au wrote:

that my dear little friend, will haunt you until the day technology turns its ugly back on you >.<
:shock: :shock: Polymer, them's foightin' words! :lol:

The Hare Krishna School for Girls in High-society, Templestowe, Victoria 3080. That's the one, you even wear those hats don't you?

*on the phone with NASA, requesting server space*

lovin_dal_santo
SS Hall of Fame

OLB wrote:
lovin_dal_santo wrote:
OLB wrote:
saint66au wrote:

:shock: :shock: Polymer, them's foightin' words! :lol:

The Hare Krishna School for Girls in High-society, Templestowe, Victoria 3080. That's the one, you even wear those hats don't you?

*on the phone with NASA, requesting server space*
:lol: :lol:
i will one day teach you and nicholas how to pronounce my schools name
phonetically of course
and i wish we wore those little hat,
we are unfortunately not yuppy enough for that sort of thing

*still waiting for her new compuer*

Robert Harvey
What else do we need?
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

NASA called OLB, they only have 50 Terabytes available..they knew that would be insufficient so they are liasing with the DOD for the other 50

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Apparently so, but I've managed to swing some extra space, unfortunately now they have no choice but to reschedule a shuttle launch and shut down their space station for a few hours.

I'm just in the process of explaining to them who Fraser Gehrig is and why he is more important than their research into the prevention of tsunami's.

This will teach that posh polygraph girl to complain about the size of a tribute video, about one Robert Harvey, no less. :twisted: :D

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Suggestion..why not do ONE video, encapsualting highlights from every one of Bangers games..

Quality is everything mate, so dont compress it at all..nothing but the best for the great man

A nice obscure lossless file format is essential, dont worry that no-one will have the software to play it :-)

Dept of Defence said you can have all the space you want...just as soon as they finish the chess game currently in progress :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
lovin_dal_santo
SS Hall of Fame

OLB wrote:This will teach that posh polygraph girl to complain about the size of a tribute video, about one Robert Harvey, no less. :twisted: :D
hey hey,
I dispute that comment!
considering I am just seconds away from using the great man in a university scholarship application!
ah if anyone can win it for me, he can :wink:

but it would be much easier to type with a new computer olb, maybe nasa can lend you one of theirs and I can have yours :D

Robert Harvey
What else do we need?
iceman
Club Player

Absoloutely fantastic, top class effort!! well done, I look forward to some future videos :D. and it definately did bring a tear to my eye!

yipper
SS Life Member

Just viewed it for the first time - magnificent work OLB. Just fantastic - stirring images indeed. What a champion he is - what a fantastic club to barrack for!! Go Saints.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

lovin_dal_santo wrote:
OLB wrote:This will teach that posh polygraph girl to complain about the size of a tribute video, about one Robert Harvey, no less. :twisted: :D
hey hey,
I dispute that comment!
considering I am just seconds away from using the great man in a university scholarship application!
ah if anyone can win it for me, he can :wink:

but it would be much easier to type with a new computer olb, maybe nasa can lend you one of theirs and I can have yours :D
When you write your scholarship applications, Polly, if you set your text size to .0002, I worked out that you can squeeze about 20,000 words onto a single page. Cuts the file size down by half, shouldn't take long to send. I'm sure Harvard and Oxford will appreciate that! :D :D