Little Benny Cousins

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

westernsaint

Little Benny Cousins

If you want a good laugh go to the Dockers forum for some very funny comments on the demise of Cousins. It is:

www.dockerland.com

I'm livin' in a madhouse
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I think I've heard just about enough on Mr "Such Is Life" :roll:

westernsaint

Too right. Over here in the West there seems to be no other topic at the moment. Even Kevin Dudd is taking second place. Hmmm, maybe it is a good thing

I'm livin' in a madhouse
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else tiring of bashing people into oblivion, just because they play sport?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Mhmm.

Already had people having a go at me coz I said id seriously look at taking Cousins if he was available.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Mhmm.

Already had people having a go at me coz I said id seriously look at taking Cousins if he was available.
I haven't read all the threads.

I definately dont want him at st kilda but if we did take him, I'll shut up while he's at the club and bag him when he leaves :lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

evertonfc wrote:Anyone else tiring of bashing people into oblivion, just because they play sport?
Nope.... just remember we copped crap for years on end because of our players "culture" of partying in the 70s and 80s.

Fair game for mine............

These cashed-up bogans (that's all they are in the end) throw on a Club's jumper and are happy to take Clubs and Sponsors money and then piss it all down the drain, along with their careers, lives and supporters' hopes.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Mhmm.

I believe it would be negligent of the club not to run the rule over him if he gets delisted.
TimeToShineFellas wrote: Nope.... just remember we copped crap for years on end because of our players "culture" of partying in the 70s and 80s.

Fair game for mine............

These cashed-up bogans (that's all they are in the end) throw on a Club's jumper and are happy to take Clubs and Sponsors money and then piss it all down the drain, along with their careers, lives and supporters' hopes.
It's my opinion that the only revenge worth extracting is success.

A premiership is therefore the only way we can extract revenge. Everything else is just irrelevant.

I really couldn't care what was heaped on us in the past, or even in the early 2000s - I just want us to win premierships.

Heaping crap on others whilst they're down is just a bit 'meh' for me.

westernsaint

Get him over for a new start with the Mighty Saints. We've straightened out a couple of their cast-offs in the past. Although one of them is a work in progress.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
St Michele
Club Player

We don;t want Ben

He has too many problems and I for one would not renew my membership if we got him.

Michele

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: We don;t want Ben

St Michele wrote:He has too many problems and I for one would not renew my membership if we got him.

Michele
I'd buy another two memberships if we got him.

Stuff it, I'm going out on a limb here, but now he's available, if he's capable and wants to play for us - he seems to like Melbourne enough - there's a nagging thing in my head saying "look at what he did to us in round 21".

We'd be foolish not to make contact and find out if he wants to play footy...

We do our own investigation into him, check him out top to bottom, ask the players, etc...and if it transpires in such a way that it would be a good thing for us, and bring us closer to a flag...

Hell, Schneider on one wing, Cousins in the middle, Joey on the other wing, a full fit Dal Santo, Ball and Hayes patrolling the square with Harvey off the bench...

We could win it next year with that midfield.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

As I just said on another thread.

May as well end the debate right now, just heard on a news update on Channel 10 that the AFL are planning to de-register Cousins.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:As I just said on another thread.

May as well end the debate right now, just heard on a news update on Channel 10 that the AFL are planning to de-register Cousins.
That is a disgrace, players have done worse in the past and managed to get away with it, I have had enough of this bring the game into disrepute BS, that is what Dimwit and his lackey have been doing ever since they got into power. I hate Cousins as much if not more than the next guy for his attitude, his performance in r21 and more importanly his refusing to shake Harvey's hand early last eyar but to delist him for this I believe is a bit much. How can Pratt be allowed to run a club when he has STOLEN millions of dollars off the australian community. I feel that we should give him one last chance on a first year players contract with an escape clause, that at the first sign of trouble we can leave. He can take it or leave it, if he stays on the straight and naroow I feel we could extend and improve his contract but if in fact he has been de-listed it relaly doesn't matter.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

It's what is not reported in the media which is why you don't want Cousins at your club.

Cousins has had several chances and has clearly not got the message. He has severe personal problems and needs support, but to continue in the AFL environment is clearly not going to help him.

Cousins - Charged with possession prohibited drug - Pending
Cousins - Failing to provide a sample for drug testing - Pending
Cousins - Obstructing traffic - Guilty
Cousins - Obstructing police - Guilty
Cousins - Being drunk in a public place - Dismissed
Chick - ??Charged with possession prohibited drug?? - Pending
Embley - Common Assault - charges dropped
Kerr - Forging a prescription - Guilty
Kerr - (Jan 07) 2 charges Assault occasioning bodily harm - Guilty
Kerr - Disorderly conduct - Guilty
Kerr - (Feb 07) Assault causing bodily harm - Guilty
Kerr - Willful damage - Guilty
Lynch - Failing to stop at a random breath test - Guilty
Lynch - Drink Driving - Guilty
Lynch - Dangerous driving - Guilty
Sampi - common assault - ?
Sampi - Carrying a weapon with intent to cause fear - ?
Gardiner - Drink Driving - Guilt
Gardiner - Careless Driving - Guilty

Other Controversies
Cousins - Night club shooting - Questioned by police & refused to aid inquires (I would do the same)
Cousins - Admits to having a Substance abuse problem

Cousins & Gardiner - In 2001 West Australian police had told club officials that taped conversations linked Cousins and Michael Gardiner

Gardnier - Night club shooting - Questioned by police & refused to aid inquires

Fletcher - Possession of cocaine in Las Vagas (lucky lucky boy)

Kerr - information released that implicated Kerr in illicit drug dealing. Kerr's conversations with convicted drug dealer Shane Waters relating to a "big bag of horse chaff" were recorded by police phone taps nearly four years ago.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Apparently the drug that was found in Cousins' car was Vallium (SP?) anyone else think that it is a bit of a con-incidence that this was the same drug that was found on Kerr a while back.
I'm not sure of the details but I believe that it is some sort of anti-depressant...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Anyone else tiring of bashing people into oblivion, just because they play sport?
Barry Brooks sux 8-)

#1 Ryder fan
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I didn't realise until today that John Worsfold is a qualified pharmacist.

A little suspicious :?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:I didn't realise until today that John Worsfold is a qualified pharmacist.

Hahah pissa, a conspricist (if that is a real word, I'm sturggling without the spellcheck) would have a field day from all these WCE revelations...

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Oh When the Saints wrote:I didn't realise until today that John Worsfold is a qualified pharmacist.

!

Has been on the public record for about 15 years mate :)

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:As I just said on another thread.

That is a disgrace, players have done worse in the past and managed to get away with it, I have had enough of this bring the game into disrepute BS, that is what Dimwit and his lackey have been doing ever since they got into power. I hate Cousins as much if not more than the next guy for his attitude, his performance in r21 and more importanly his refusing to shake Harvey's hand early last eyar but to delist him for this I believe is a bit much. How can Pratt be allowed to run a club when he has STOLEN millions of dollars off the australian community. I feel that we should give him one last chance on a first year players contract with an escape clause, that at the first sign of trouble we can leave. He can take it or leave it, if he stays on the straight and naroow I feel we could extend and improve his contract but if in fact he has been de-listed it relaly doesn't matter.
i agree. dimwit and his monkey should keep out of it and leave it up to the individual clubs. having said that i would not want cousins at st kilda. just my opinion

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Apparently the drug that was found in Cousins' car was Vallium (SP?) anyone else think that it is a bit of a con-incidence that this was the same drug that was found on Kerr a while back.
I'm not sure of the details but I believe that it is some sort of anti-depressant...
valium is a sedative or tranquilliser. anti-depressants are different to that. valium is used for people in high anxiety states, but only for a short period because it is highly addictive. has been known to be used for people coming off other harder drugs to quell their anxiety.

it is similar to alcohol in some of its effects in that while it lessens anxiety it makes depression worse
Last edited by bigcarl on Wed 17 Oct 2007 11:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Chris Mainwaring's toxicology report was released on Ch.9 news tonight. It showed the following substances in his body:

Cocaine.
Ecstasy.
Cannabis.
Roaccutane.
Anti-depressants.
Alcohol.

The guy was obviously pretty messed up.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

West Coast is a mirror of society,who'd have thought all this could be happening at only one club....

:roll:

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Oh When the Saints wrote:Chris Mainwaring's toxicology report was released on Ch.9 news tonight. It showed the following substances in his body:

Cocaine.
Ecstasy.
Cannabis.
Roaccutane.
Anti-depressants.
Alcohol.

The guy was obviously pretty messed up.

Gee I reckon whoever supplied him the drugs would be in trouble....
Last edited by TimeToShineFellas on Thu 18 Oct 2007 9:00am, edited 1 time in total.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Apparently the drug that was found in Cousins' car was Vallium (SP?) anyone else think that it is a bit of a con-incidence that this was the same drug that was found on Kerr a while back.
valium is a sedative or tranquilliser. anti-depressants are different to that. valium is used for people in high anxiety states, but only for a short period because it is highly addictive. has been known to be used for people coming off other harder drugs to quell their anxiety.

it is similar to alcohol in some of its effects in that while it lessens anxiety it makes depression worse
Thanks for that BC, you seem to know quite abit, are you in the business? :wink: