Cousins - Gone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Cousins - Gone

Cousins Gone, according to sources at the Herald Sun.

WCE to provide conference over termination of contract soon.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html

Mods......combine this with the other threads if required, thought this was initially sa new development in the drugs saga.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Good riddance!!
He was a bad egg and deserved to go, however if he wants to come to St.Kilda then it wasn't his fault, it was the media and the constant scrutiny and all the pressure, if anything he is the victim!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
HarveysDeciple

Re: Cousins - Gone

Spinner wrote:

Mods......combine this with the other threads if required, thought this was initially sa new development in the drugs saga.
would love to, but we cant merge threads :wink:

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Good.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

woooosaints
Club Player

would pick him up in the PSD in an instant i could careless what he does out of club just as long as it doesnt go public

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

woooosaints wrote:would pick him up in the PSD in an instant i could careless what he does out of club just as long as it doesnt go public
He will not be available for any draft. I think you will find the AFL will de register him. Having said that he no one would take him now even if supporters didnt care.

RBnW
Club Player

woooosaints wrote:would pick him up in the PSD in an instant i could careless what he does out of club just as long as it doesnt go public
are you serious...you can't be...we couldn't take anyone who had a pair of sunnys like he had on yesterday...

Our best is yet
to come......
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
are you serious...you can't be...we couldn't take anyone who had a pair of sunnys like he had on yesterday...
Not to mention that schocking tatoo of his...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

source???

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Brian Collis
Club Player

Lets rookie list him!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Brian Collis wrote:Lets rookie list him!

Havent we already got Ferguson, Perrie and Torney.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Ricky Nixon just now on SEN said he has not yet been delisted..........but indicated that his AFL future wasnt bright ... (understatement perhaps) ..

WC still to make official statement on Bennys future ...possibly later tonight ..

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:
RBnW wrote:
Not to mention that schocking tatoo of his...
tattoo is awesome..i rate it

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
tanneal.riewoldt12

YEAH CUZZY IS GONE.

WCE ANNOUNCED IT.

Gilbert The Great
Club Player

whole cousins situation is one big joke

1. his tattoo, what does he think he is a victim of it all? just stupid, it is mainly his fault (like 99%)

2. Who gets over ice in less than a month of treatment, Cousins was a victim of sorts of the eagles rushing him back, but only very minute as it was 99% his fault.

3. his hero's welcome back, he should of never taken drugs in the first place. This oh its not his fault look how brave he was to make a comeback was part of the problem to his attitude, i mean just look at that ridiculous "apology" on TV, absolutely pathetic.

4. What does this attitude teach young kids? (yes i may not have any but still) i mean in Perth he is still a big hero!

5. No one has thought about what his family is going through, i mean what should be private issue has become Jerry Springerish, we need to forget about him and let him and his family deal with it in peace instead of just either condemning him or support him.

Cousins needs to get over himself and we need to get over him too imho.

Goody
Club Player

Isnt it unreal, up here in Brissy we buried a soldier today.
He will never see his kids grow up or hold his wife again, a life cut short serving his country, doing his duty.
Then we have poor old Benny, lost his job, lost his livelyhood, may even top himself.
One did the right thing, the other the wrong thing, but they still made our headlines, both for the wrong reasons
What a sad waste of 2 lives

Followed Saints since '71
Sir Robert Harvey was my favorite player
Stewie Lowe and Plugger before that.
Loved watching Rooey and Jack Steven
Now looking forward to the future

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

and after everthing thats happened, he still had that arrogant grin on his face as he was being driven away to the police station....

and his tattoo is a shocker, who does he think he is, one of the 'Bra Boys'?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert The Great wrote:whole cousins situation is one big joke

1. his tattoo, what does he think he is a victim of it all? just stupid, it is mainly his fault (like 99%) models himself on an armed robber

2. Who gets over ice in less than a month of treatment, Cousins was a victim of sorts of the eagles rushing him back, but only very minute as it was 99% his fault. true but how old was he when he got on the gear - adult age.

3. his hero's welcome back, he should of never taken drugs in the first place. This oh its not his fault look how brave he was to make a comeback was part of the problem to his attitude, i mean just look at that ridiculous "apology" on TV, absolutely pathetic. Totally agree - didn't actually catch his apology to all his fans - oh there wasn't one. :roll: Like being brought back from the dead, he was hero-worshipped in his comeback game.

4. What does this attitude teach young kids? (yes i may not have any but still) i mean in Perth he is still a big hero! It's been done to death about kids looking up to their immediate role models first - but reality is they also model themselves on their "heroes". My boy loves the ethics of guys like Harves, Max, Dal, Bally, etc. We have an amazing group of people at St. Kilda even if we don't win the ultimate prize.

5. No one has thought about what his family is going through, i mean what should be private issue has become Jerry Springerish, we need to forget about him and let him and his family deal with it in peace instead of just either condemning him or support him. To a point I agree with this, however Benny was an adult when he chose this life, he is a highly paid supposed role model to many. He did have a rsponsibility and I think some wee prepared to cut him some slack - but he never really apologised - I've lost count of how many strikes he should have had by now. Brilliant footballer but what a loss of potential as an actual person and contributor to society. I know I'm judging him prematurely - innocent til proven guilty - but in my eyes he is just rubbish. He had the world at his feet and he blew it.

Cousins needs to get over himself and we need to get over him too imho.
One of the best posts regarding Cousins to date IMO - simple yet effective.

I used to love watching this bloke play - he was a gun and one I would get to if I could, just to see his running capacity and work ethic. Ethic is now a filthy word when it comes to Benny.

While I feel really disappointed for him and his family, I also feel utter comtempt for a person who had multiple chances, blessed with a real gift and repeatedly traded that gift for a life that will ultimately bring him down in a huge way.

Benny had the chances that so many who are addicted like him just don't have, thus my sympathy for him is hovering way down near the zero mark. :(

To be read in conjunction with Goody's comments.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Bloody addict drug freak -good riddance on behalf of those who have lost friends through drug abuse.

jill
Club Player

Gilbert the Grape really summed this whole sorry saga up. However Goody ,yes the soldier was just doing his duty - but why was he there in the 1st place - Not in defence of our country, not our war-conned by the US again into another Vietnam. - But respect the troops who have been sent to both conflicts!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Bloody addict drug freak -good riddance on behalf of those who have lost friends through drug abuse.
Would rather be saying that to makers and sellers of the sh.....

although Cousins is a d**khead

saint4life
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

From WCE website, im not providing a link, they have too much money already :wink:

Cousins' contract terminated

8:58 PM Wed 17 October, 2007 | Back

for westcoasteagles.com.au
News

At a press conference this evening, West Coast Chief Executive Officer Trevor Nisbett and Chairman Elect Mark Barnaba announced the board’s decision to terminate the contract of Ben Cousins.

Below is Barnaba’s statement.

“At a special meeting today, the West Coast Eagles board decided to terminate the contract of Ben Cousins because he has seriously breached the conditions and spirit of the revised contract under which he returned to the club several months ago.

“While those conditions were private and confidential, Ben was aware of them and the incident yesterday left us with no alternative but to act in this manner. As you would understand, there are still some legal implications involved, but we will terminate his contract.

“Ben will no longer be a part of our playing group but we will not abandon him. He has a very serious health issue and we will continue to support him in his quest to regain his health and rebuild his life.

“I have spoken to Ben’s father, Bryan, and advised him of the club’s decision which was reached as a result of an accumulation of recent events.

“The board also wants to say that as administrators and directors of this great club, we recognise that we hold the club in trust on behalf of our members, fans, players and their families.

“This year we have faced issues we know many thousands of ordinary families have to face every day. They are not simple issues with simple solutions. But they are problems that this club must and will deal with.

“At all times we have tried to act in the best interests of the club, all our players and their families, and that includes Ben.

“We have done and will continue to do all we can to support our players through education, counselling and constant reinforcement but ultimately, individuals also have to take responsibility for their actions and accept the consequences when they fail to meet the standards set by their club and teammates.

“For the West Coast Eagles, this decision is part of a journey that is by no means finished.

“As Chairman Elect of the West Coast Eagles board, I can assure all of our members and supporters, as well as the players and their families, that we will leave no stone unturned to make the necessary changes within our club to ensure that we live up to the expectations and trust that so many people have placed in us.

“Over the last year, we have acknowledged that our club has had some issues. We have taken some massive steps including the delisting and suspension of players, and the establishment of a committee to oversee change within the club.

“But we are not finished, we know that and we still have challenges ahead. We need to continue to focus internally in order to rebuild - to rebuild a football culture that our members can be proud of and that process started last November.â€

Before Im 85
Krikkett
Club Player

spert wrote:Bloody addict drug freak -good riddance on behalf of those who have lost friends through drug abuse.
So obviously not you then?

...geez, you're completely clueless.

All things being equal, fat men use more soap.
sax
Club Player

This has happened because of the AFL's pathetic drug rules!!
NO other sport has this stupid three strike policy.
I know Benny never tested positive, but he did admit he had a drug problem.
What sort of message does this send to our kids. "You can do drugs, it's ok, you can go to rehab for 12 weeks and come back to a normal life!"
The AFL & the WCE have alot to answer to for this. They've let a guy come back into the system after a 12 week, self imposed ban (ANY OTHER SPORT, WOULD"VE BEEN 2 YRS), when his rehab wasn't finished! (Due back next week).
Maybe now the AFL will realise they have to come into line with other sporting drug codes ain Australia & the world.
I loved watching Ben play footy, an absolute gun, but off the field, a fair dinkum D**KHEAD!!! I wish him all the best with his recovery, & hope he doesn't end up like his mate, Chris Mainwaring!
Just one message for Ben, STAY THE F**K AWAY FROM MICHAEL GARDINER!!!!!!!