Cousins being sacked and the PSD...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Total Awareness
Club Player

Total Awareness wrote:
I am not suggesting that Ben did or didn't take any drugs during games but I can tell you that ICE can easily be consumed through a drink if it has been crushed into a powder and it is MOST definitely a performance enhancer. No doubt about it! It will increase endurance, reaction time, heart rate (which can be extremely dangerous while playing sport if not managed correctly) quickness of the mind (ie. decision making) and removes one's fear and inhibitions. This kind of practice (using ICE and other amphetamines in sport) will dehydrate you and one way of telling if someone is using it would be to observe the water, or liquid consumption during a game. Also ICE is NOT a hallucogen, unless mixed with other drugs!

Check out cousins on the podium after the 2006 GF victory, its interesting viewing....

TSM wrote
Ok u r a dead set idiot.....have u ever seen anyone on this drug???

Now don't lie and say you have when you haven't.....cause i know by what u just said that you haven't i've had the unfortunate experience of seeing people on it.....if you saw what i saw you'd understand that the mere thought an AFL player would take it for endurance on the field is ridiculous.....

Go down to some major public hospitals in the city.....ask to see some meth patients.....ask them about the RIDICULOUS BULLSH*T you said above and watch them laugh.....

Don't make stupid statements when you have no experience in seeing people in the mind state ICE gets them in.....

idiot
Before you go mouthing off and calling people idiots you might choose to do your research...properly. The people in the public hospitals that you speak of have usually either had too much or have reacted in a really negative manner to the drug. Either they're body is unable to handle the particular chemicals or they have been given some really dodgey stuff from a dodgey dealer. The facts are that many people can go about their lives taking this drug for many years and many people would not know the difference. Whatever you have seen is unfortunate but is not the only manifestation of this drug.

If you wish to question my knowledge FYI prior to starting my own business I pioneered a program in a particular industry that was used for the treatment of people with drug dependence, ICE being one of them. When I was younger I lost a mate to a drug overdose and had it not been for discovering myself I could have ended up the same way.

Yes, drugs like ICE do damage but the facts are the facts and what I and several others on this forum have stated about ICE are THE FACTS.

I understand that people have different views and this can be a passionate topic but there is no need to go calling anyone an idiot. We all have the right to our view!!!

edit: spelling error

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

F_Q_F wrote:I personally think that the Eagles have handled the Cousins saga quite well, they sent him away for treatment and gave him strict guidelines to adhere to. .
My view is different.

My view is that the Eagles did the MINIMUM necessary to get the AFL to approve Cousins playing again in 2007. Their only concern was getting him back....and not in seeing him reformed.

6 weeks rehab for an addict is a farce.

If the Eagles had insisted on a proper rehabilitation period and enough treatment, which would have required Cousins missing most of if not all the 2007 season, he would quite possibly have been rehabilitated and then would have played another 2 to 4 seasons.

Instead they funded a 6 week charade and then rushed him back into his rock-star status with the adoring WC masses giving him huge homage.

So the cult of Cousins was fed rather than reformed.

A band-aid was applied for short term gain when a permanent solution was applied.

WC have been ignoring the ingrained drug culture of many of its players for years.

Rushing Cousins back rubber stamped such practices rather than chastised them.

WC may not have blood on its hands...but they are certainly dusted in white powder.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

everyone saying Cousins has been taking Ice during games to enhance his performance must be either taking the piss or REALLY stupid...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:everyone saying Cousins has been taking Ice during games to enhance his performance must be either taking the piss or REALLY stupid...
Right u are buddy.....right u r.....

Think they may be on it themselves :wink:

F_Q_F
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
F_Q_F wrote:I personally think that the Eagles have handled the Cousins saga quite well, they sent him away for treatment and gave him strict guidelines to adhere to. .
My view is different.

My view is that the Eagles did the MINIMUM necessary to get the AFL to approve Cousins playing again in 2007. Their only concern was getting him back....and not in seeing him reformed.

6 weeks rehab for an addict is a farce.

If the Eagles had insisted on a proper rehabilitation period and enough treatment, which would have required Cousins missing most of if not all the 2007 season, he would quite possibly have been rehabilitated and then would have played another 2 to 4 seasons.

Instead they funded a 6 week charade and then rushed him back into his rock-star status with the adoring WC masses giving him huge homage.

So the cult of Cousins was fed rather than reformed.

A band-aid was applied for short term gain when a permanent solution was applied.

WC have been ignoring the ingrained drug culture of many of its players for years.

Rushing Cousins back rubber stamped such practices rather than chastised them.

WC may not have blood on its hands...but they are certainly dusted in white powder.
I see your point saintsRrising, but I feel sorry for the Eagles board I have no doubt they would have been doing what they felt was the best for Cousins. They have given Cousins every chance to turn himself around however he has chosen to abuse this trust.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

May as well end the debate right now, just heard on a news update on Channel 10 that the AFL are planning to de-register Cousins.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:
Total Awareness wrote:I am not suggesting that Ben did or didn't take any drugs during games but I can tell you that ICE can easily be consumed through a drink if it has been crushed into a powder and it is MOST definitely a performance enhancer. No doubt about it! It will increase endurance, reaction time, heart rate (which can be extremely dangerous while playing sport if not managed correctly) quickness of the mind (ie. decision making) and removes one's fear and inhibitions. This kind of practice (using ICE and other amphetamines in sport) will dehydrate you and one way of telling if someone is using it would be to observe the water, or liquid consumption during a game. Also ICE is NOT a hallucogen, unless mixed with other drugs!

Check out cousins on the podium after the 2006 GF victory, its interesting viewing....
Ok u r a dead set idiot.....have u ever seen anyone on this drug???

Now don't lie and say you have when you haven't.....cause i know by what u just said that you haven't i've had the unfortunate experience of seeing people on it.....if you saw what i saw you'd understand that the mere thought an AFL player would take it for endurance on the field is ridiculous.....

Go down to some major public hospitals in the city.....ask to see some meth patients.....ask them about the RIDICULOUS BULLSH*T you said above and watch them laugh.....

Don't make stupid statements when you have no experience in seeing people in the mind state ICE gets them in.....

idiot
You have no understanding of the different effects have on people based on dosage, history, fitness etc.

a ice addict who takes hit after hit and is in a permanent state of stupour is completely different to a an elite athlete or fighter pilot who takes smaller dosages to improve the endurance, awareness etc.

before you call folks idiots, do some research.

you'll find even the USAF has been lobbying the US govt for over 3 decades to maintain the right to give its pilots small controlled dosages of speed.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:
The_Dud wrote:everyone saying Cousins has been taking Ice during games to enhance his performance must be either taking the piss or REALLY stupid...
Right u are buddy.....right u r.....

Think they may be on it themselves :wink:
now that's insulting.....f-w....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Dan Warna wrote: a ice addict who takes hit after hit and is in a permanent state of stupour is completely different to a an elite athlete or fighter pilot who takes smaller dosages to improve the endurance, awareness etc.
And we're surely under no illusions of which of the 2 groups fits Cousins more closely? Increased performance he may have enjoyed as a result of his addiction (it has been alleged he's shown up to training off his face) is, sad to say, incidental now that the greater issues of addiction have ended the career of one of the finest footballers going around while still in his prime. Honestly, I've got to say this whole performance enhancing argument with ice and ecstacy seems a little like getting Capone for tax fraud... and Cousins is gone now...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford