PSD

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

PSD

So who do we pick up in the PSD?

As we are getting rid of a few more, who on the other lists can we pick up?

I think Perrie could be a good acquisition, and i am sure there are a few more.

Is there any more talk of more delistings? i know it is called going after other clubs duds, but surely it isnt a dud when you are replacing one of our duds for a slightly better player

Perrie> Brooks

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Four players introduced last week should be enough. Concentrate on kids in the National draft.

Batnoe

borderbarry wrote:Four players introduced last week should be enough. Concentrate on kids in the National draft.
I guess last years draft will be more mature and ready, i was just thinking that if we have 10-15 injuries again, who will get a run, but with a bit of luck we wont have that many

we'll be right

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well if Bono is correct and we delisted another three yesterday tht would mean we are looking to at least pick one up in the PSD, or

pick up 4 in the National draft

or pick up three in the ND and redraft someone like Watts.

or another combo.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Will that mean 5 delisted, 5 retired, = 10 vacancies. 4 taken in trade week = 6 vacancies.
2 for rookie promotion
4 for National Draft
or 3 National Draft & 1 pre-season draft.
A fair bit of movement. Although I will be surprised if both Brooks and Watts go.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:. Although I will be surprised if both Brooks and Watts go.
Why Brooks? Suprised by Watts yes, but Brooks has had a go and not up to it unfortunately.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:Will that mean 5 delisted, 5 retired, = 10 vacancies. 4 taken in trade week = 6 vacancies.
2 for rookie promotion
4 for National Draft
or 3 National Draft & 1 pre-season draft.
A fair bit of movement. Although I will be surprised if both Brooks and Watts go.
required movement though..had to clear a lot of dead wood, and the 1st year at the club for coach Lyon gave him an idea on who could play and who cannot.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Art Vandelay
Club Player

By the time we get to take our pick in the PSD, there will only be rubbish left. Let's concentrate our efforts on getting maximum value out of the rookie draft - an area which up until last year has been one of underachievement for the St.KFC.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i struggle to believe we delisted mini and watts...moreso watts

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Rice Paper
Club Player

In the Sunday Herald Sun, Sports section it mentions Guy Richards was very close to going to St Kilda and is now in the PSD and the Saints are an option.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Rice Paper wrote:In the Sunday Herald Sun, Sports section it mentions Guy Richards was very close to going to St Kilda and is now in the PSD and the Saints are an option.
I would love to pick up Richards in the PSD...
He is an absolute hack around the ground but is pretty solid in the contests, I wouldn't mind having him on the list for depth, sure beats Rix...
It would also be nice considering Collingwood offered us Shaw + Richards for pick 26, this way we would end up with Schneider, Dempster AND Richards...
Richards is also a young guy as far as I'm aware so who knows he could develop some more and end up being a handy backup for us...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
G-Unit
Club Player

richards turned 24 in march, so is still young in ruckmans terms. however, i dont think he would add much to our list except as insurance in case all our other ruckman succumb to injury. i would prefer to see us take our chances with a kid. i feel we hold on to depth players for too long and drafting another after we delisted brooks (if true) seems pointless. these players wont win us a flag

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

G-Unit wrote:richards turned 24 in march, so is still young in ruckmans terms. however, i dont think he would add much to our list except as insurance in case all our other ruckman succumb to injury.
Slight improvement on Rix and is younger. Would be happy to delist Rix and draft Richards, but no way should we have both on the list. This won't happen though because Lyon's loves Rix's workrate at training.

I think we should look for bottom-aged kids with lots of up-side who slipped under the radar in the national draft (like Collier and Bird last year). We've plugged all the gaps possible and we should now be targetting some players who could make a genuine impact on the team.

I wouldn't have been opposed to picking Whyman or Faulkner before we traded for Schneider, but we don't need any more crumbing forwards now.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:12am, edited 1 time in total.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Id have a look at Matthew Bode whos been delisted by adelaide... if he could just get his fitness up he could be anything.

very skilled, quick, hff/fp with abit of grunt who can have a run in the midfield with rotations.

Jumper No: 10
Height: 178
Weight: 76
DOB: 29/06/1979
Recruited From: Glenelg (SA)/Port Adelaide
Career Matches: 107
Career Goals: 95

The tenacious small forward finally put his injury woes behind him to enjoy one of his finest AFL seasons in 2006. Bode took a calculated gamble in July, 2005, when he chose to have shoulder surgery even though his AFL career was at risk. But it proved to be the right decision because the club retained him on the list and he was ready to work hard in the pre-season. Bode played 23 of the 24 games, finished sixth in club champion voting, kicked 32 goals, reached the 100-game milestone and continually locked the ball inside 50 for the Crows, blitzing in the club’s tackle count with 114 for the year. Bode played 29 games with Port Adelaide from 1998-2000 before he was traded to the Crows. He played only one game in 2001 but had his best season the following year, when he booted 23 goals in 25 appearances, finished 10th in the best and fairest and won the past players and officials association’s best player award. However, in the next three seasons he played just 29 out of a possible 71 AFL games, including only 11 games in 2004-05. Bode credits Adelaide coach Neil Craig with giving him the confidence to reignite his football career. “I probably found the confidence from within the coach," he said. "This time last year he said if I go and have the operation there is a good chance they will pick me up, so I took the risk. I knew he had the confidence in me, so when you have a coaching staff that shows that sort of support and a group of players who show that support as well, it goes a long way." Bode kicked some important goals in 2006 but his work-rate in other areas was also rated highly by team-mates and the coaching staff. "I'd be lying if I didn't say I looked at my goal tally compared with small forwards, but I really do rate my work off the ball as highly as kicking goals,â€

stinger
Saintsational Legend

G-Unit wrote:richards turned 24 in march, so is still young in ruckmans terms. however, i dont think he would add much to our list except as insurance in case all our other ruckman succumb to injury. i would prefer to see us take our chances with a kid. i feel we hold on to depth players for too long and drafting another after we delisted brooks (if true) seems pointless. these players wont win us a flag

we will go for 4 young guys in the drarf according to the coach.....richards would appwear to be the playewr we were intewrested in...have a look at this article from todays age...

"Saints big on building ruck stocks

Karen Lyon | October 15, 2007

JUST days after securing Geelong premiership ruckman Steven King in last week's trades, St Kilda is looking to further lift its ruck department in next month's national draft.

The Saints will go into the draft with four selections — Nos 9, 42, 58 and 74 — and coach Ross Lyon said the team would select four young players, including a ruckman, to continue rebuilding stocks.

While Carlton will almost certainly select ruckman Matthew Kreuzer with the opening pick, there are other ruckmen available, including Ben McEvoy from the Murray Bushrangers and his teammate Dawson Simpson, as well as Gippsland Power's Brent Connelly, Tassie Mariner Tom Bellchambers, Western Jets' Will Sullivan and Joel Smouha from Queensland's Mount Gravatt.

The Saints spoke to young Geelong ruckman Mark Blake, who missed out on the premiership medal when the Cats chose King ahead of him for the grand final, but Blake remains at Kardinia Park.

After a thorough medical for King and what the coach labelled an "impressive" meeting, Lyon said he was prepared to take a "calculated risk" with the ruckman, believing he has another two or three good years in him.

"He is still hungry," Lyon said. "What I saw on grand final day was a lean, hungry, highly conditioned athlete."

Lyon also believes King is motivated by Geelong's decision to ultimately choose Blake in front of him, even though King tasted premiership glory. "He has a point to prove, according to him. Not according to Geelong, or according to me," the coach said. "I have real confidence in him, I am thrilled to have him and there is work to be done over our pre-season."

With ruckmen at a premium during trade week, and given the Saints' lack of success in the area in recent years, Lyon believes King buys the club time to "grow our own" and develop another young ruckman.

With Matthew Clarke retired and Michael Gardiner continuing his comeback from injuries, the club wants to put time into a young ruckman. Luke Van Rheenen has agreed to spend another year on the Saints' rookie list.

The coach said the addition of King and Geelong teammate Charlie Gardiner, as well as Sydney premiership duo Adam Schneider and Sean Dempster, would create "pressure on spots around the edges" of the senior team.

Having given up pick No. 90 for the Geelong pair — a pick that neither St Kilda nor Geelong would be likely to use — the Saints have effectively picked up four experienced players, three of them under the age of 25, for pick No. 26 in the draft. Three come with premiership experience, something that can be a double-edged sword, according to Lyon.

"It's a problem if they have been to the top of the mountain and are just playing out their years, but they are still hungry. They come from two teams, Geelong and the Swans, that encourage hard workers and they are highly disciplined; they will bring these traits with them and they are traits, I think, that are already inherent in our group," Lyon said.

"If you look at the two players we got from the Swans, they could be 150-game players for us."

Lyon had been looking at another, unnamed, ruckman but went with King not just because of his interview, but because of the chance of also getting Gardiner, who is seen as a possible replacement for Aaron Hamill or Brett Voss."

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Beekay
SS Life Member

Sea urchin

A marine echinoderm of the class Echinoidea. These invertebrates are found commonly in shallow waters. The soft internal organs are enclosed in and protected by a test or shell (see illustration) consisting of a number of plates which fit closely together and are located under the skin. The oral surface is in contact with the substratum. Five teeth, located in the mouth, form part of Aristotle's lantern, a complex chewing structure. Like many other species of echinoderms, sea urchins use tube feet for locomotion and pincerlike structures called pedicellariae to keep the shell clean. Sea urchins feed on most available animal and vegetable materials.

The sea urchin shell, which protects the soft internal organs, is covered with spines arranged in five broad areas that are separated by narrow unprotected areas.
The sea urchin shell, which protects the soft internal organs, is covered with spines arranged in five broad areas that are separated by narrow unprotected areas.

Control V session.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:Sea urchin

A marine echinoderm of the class Echinoidea. These invertebrates are found commonly in shallow waters. The soft internal organs are enclosed in and protected by a test or shell (see illustration) consisting of a number of plates which fit closely together and are located under the skin. The oral surface is in contact with the substratum. Five teeth, located in the mouth, form part of Aristotle's lantern, a complex chewing structure. Like many other species of echinoderms, sea urchins use tube feet for locomotion and pincerlike structures called pedicellariae to keep the shell clean. Sea urchins feed on most available animal and vegetable materials.

Control V session.

.....interesting....... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
yipper
SS Life Member

Since RL was appointed coach - there has been quite a turnover in our list:

Last year we off loaded: Peckett, Powell, Murray, Ackland,McGough and TS40. Along with rookies - Pfitzner, McDonnell and Corr.

This year: Hamill, Thompson, Gehrig, Voss, Clarke, Raymond and Sweeney. Thats 13 players and 3 rookies. He has kept all the stars and added to the list this year with youngish players who have experience. We will most likely get 4 more kids on the list next month and now have 5 ruckman and 1 rookie ruckman. He is certainly changing our list around and focussing on the weak areas. So the PSD will be probably by-passed in favour of the ND. Hopefully he'll add some pace and KPP types.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I would like to see us pick up Richards in the PSD for nothing more than depth, the guy is a dud but he is still better than Rix.
I would still expect us to use our 4 picks in the ND...
Using our first pick on Rance
2nd on a tough inside midfielder
3rd on a ruckman
and 4th on a small forward

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:I think we should look for bottom-aged kids with lots of up-side who slipped under the radar in the national draft (like Collier and Bird last year). We've plugged all the gaps possible and we should now be targetting some players who could make a genuine impact on the team.
Good to see Ross Lyon agrees with you ... wants to draft four young players in the draft :wink:

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
roo+hayes=flag
Club Player

Ich denke, wir gehen, wird für 4 nimmt in der ND, weil wir müssen, um die Jugend an unser Team

if you can't read german than good luck

Keep on rolling Harvs
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Mark Johnson has been delisted by Essendon.

Worth a spot for 12 months? Can still offer something at AFL level and will be 30 next year. Has done it tough in a crap side for the last couple of years, but might still have some good footy left in him.

Would be terrific coming off the bench ....

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
roo+hayes=flag
Club Player

Wir sollten nicht einmal erwägen Johnson für eine Sekunde. Wir müssen aufhören herauf 30 + Jahre alten Spieler. Wenn wir jemand holen sollte es ein unter 24

Keep on rolling Harvs
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Mark Johnson has been delisted by Essendon.

Worth a spot for 12 months? Can still offer something at AFL level and will be 30 next year. Has done it tough in a crap side for the last couple of years, but might still have some good footy left in him.

Would be terrific coming off the bench ....
Not up with the German response :roll: but as good as he been I would give him a miss.Think his best footy is well and truly behind him.
Last edited by saint patrick on Mon 15 Oct 2007 9:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.