Jude Bolton available for trade?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Jude Bolton available for trade?

Just heard on SEN that Jude Bolton is available for trade. Worth pick 9?

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Jude Bolton available for trade?

St DAC wrote:Just heard on SEN that Jude Bolton is available for trade. Worth pick 9?
I'd prefer to get a kid with pick 9. If we can get a deal to obtain another 1st rd pick somehow then we could think about it otherwise the swines would have to settle for a 2nd rd pick. Not Likely for Judy.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
nicko016
Club Player

Not for mine. Not the type of player we need. Footskills aren't great and doesn't add any pace or class. He's a good inide player and while it would be good to have another good inside player we'd need him to have either some pace or good footskills. He is the type of player which is dying out and also seems as if he may be on the decline.

Megamaguire
Club Player

Rossi should know Jude's worth pretty accurately

I don't think we can gamble on throwing away pick 9 - Bolton would be more than handy and as a senior player add to the TEAM stability.

An interesting one indeed.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

pass

not really what we need

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Batnoe

Why do people keep asking should we trade pick 9 for this, player or that player

none of them have been worthy. it is a first round pick. Theoretically if you have pick 9 they should be in your top half dozen players in your team at any one time

he wouldnt be, so in that he is not worth pick 9, i would prefer a Fevola, or Adcock at pick 9. There arent many players that are up for grabs that are worth a first rounder and if we get rid of it, we have been ripped of IMO

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:pass

not really what we need
concur. he is also starting to tail off, he is not that great anymore imo.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

He's 28 next year and definitely worth pursuing (think of the excellent service we got out of Powell, for example) if the price is cheap enough.

I'd give them 26 for Bolton + 44.

Or 9 + 42 for Bolton + 11.

No more than that.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

dascman
Club Player

Well, the consensus on BigFooty among Swans supporters seems to be that if they can snaffle a first round pick for him, they'd take it and run.

Seems as if they think his battered body can only take 50-100 games more of AFL footy before packing it in...

Hopefully Rossy knows all of this before deciding whether to make a pitch or not.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

dascman wrote:Well, the consensus on BigFooty among Swans supporters seems to be that if they can snaffle a first round pick for him, they'd take it and run.
Won't get it from us, at least straight out.
Hopefully Rossy knows all of this before deciding whether to make a pitch or not.
I'm sure he knows Sydney's list inside out.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Bolton might be Lyon's Delaney !

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Megamaguire
Club Player

SEN caller has 2 Clarkes for Bolton & Schneider

Francis Leach in answer to this proposal again stated he felt Raphael in particular would make it as a 'good' player once injuries were behind him. The clarkes like Milney always make you think what we could get in a swap but i also think the Clarke boys will get better soon. Someone else pointed out that Bolton may only have a couple of useful years given the rigours he has put himself through. Sometimes being conservative can pay off as much as taking a punt - what a job building this Saint Kilda list. If we target a ruckman pre draft i dont think we should be thinking second best . However that number 9. pick is our future and non-negotiable. unless we get a damb hot ready made FAST & SOLID MIDFIELDER.

G O O D L U C K S A I N T E R S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Wouldnt touch Bolton with a second round pick, no point. He's 28, maybe a couple of years left in him, his pace is going in a downward spiral. Waste of time IMO. Not even St Kilda would contemplate throwing away a top end pick on Bolton.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Wouldnt touch Bolton with a second round pick, no point. He's 28, maybe a couple of years left in him, his pace is going in a downward spiral. Waste of time IMO. Not even St Kilda would contemplate throwing away a top end pick on Bolton.
You do realise that probably one in 10 picks at around 25 pick play 100 games. The rest are very ordinary footballers. We wouldnt get him for less than a first round but if we got him second round Sheldon and RL would be sacked if we didnt take him.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Id take him for a 2nd round without a doubt.

evertons trade seems fair too.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

I think he was from the same draft as Lenny Hayes. I remember in a John Beveridge interview that St Kilda assumed that Sydney would take Hayes and that Bevo would pick Bolton.

FWIW I think her'd be a handy pick-up if the price is right.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

You must all be kidding.......... seriously!

I'd take him - he is underrated - and I'd give a 2nd Round Pick for him...

Tailed off.... fair dinkum everyone's an expert on this forum about player's form.

Don't forget........

a) this is the bloke we could have got (most likely) if we hadn't snaffled the Lenman in that year's draft; and

b) he slaughtered us in the last quarter in the PF 2005. You don't lose your ability in 2 years not to be deemed "worthy" by a bunch of internet recruiters.

If he is being thrown on the table we should go for it. Similarly we should have a crack at Johnstone from Melbourne. We lack 1 - 2 seasoned midfielders down there. Where are we going to get them from?

We have no youngsters coming through save maybe Armitage and Gilbert. McQualter is border-line.

I say keep our first draft pick. We can give away a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a hardened midfielder who can help boost our mid stocks....

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Doubt it will happen but I would snap him up in an instant.

Super footballer, hard as nails and a leader. Would add depth and complement our midfield beautifully.

St Kilda supporter as a kid too.

Masterstroke, even at 28. I'm already imagining Lenny, Bally and Jude running around together in the same midfield.
Last edited by Beej on Tue 09 Oct 2007 9:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

28 this year and I don't reckon his body has too much left.

Paul Roos played him a lot of the back flank and in various shutdown roles, using him differently to previous years (trying to protect his body I think).

At his best, a terrific footballer, and 2 years ago one of the best mids in the AFL IMO.

But he is getting on now, and his work in packs will start to take a toll. Worth more to the Swans than to anyone else, and I'd be surprised if he was picked up.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

No way he is worth 9

You would have to seriously consider as a second round swap though.

JB was never a high possession winner though...

However we are short of mids....so he would add sorely needed extra grunt....and has lots of experience.

BIGGER question though is WHY the Swans are willing to let him go???

Does he want to come back down south OR has Roos just decided that the Swans midfield needs restructuring?????

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Would be a steal as a second round + player deal.

With technology advancing every year an AFL player's peak is now around 26-29/30.

Would prove to be an astute pick up imo, will take our midfield to another level.

I may be slightly biased because we were in the same year level at school and were the only two St Kilda supporters in a school full of Bombers. :D

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

swans still look at lenny hayes as the one that got away.

jude bolton is a fantastic club man, gutsy as all hell but his disposal lets him down.

at one stage early in their respective careers there was some talk of a bolton/hayes swap as bolton was gunning and hayes was I think messed around by watson and not really up there.

now hayes is very close to being an elite midfielder if he isnt there already, and bolton is a quality clubman with great courage good safe pair of hands, gutsy in a contest, massive engine to run all day, not much pace and isn't the most dependable disposer of the ball.

probably has 2 years in him maybe squeeze out a third.

Very much a Voss type player.

voss finished at 29, what makes you think we'll get longer out of bolton.

I was a high fan of bolton because he always seems to turn it up against us, but went to read what the swannies fans had to say about him about 6 months ago, and they are still filthy they missed out on lenny.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Bolton would want too much

Sydney would want too much

Give him a wide berth !!

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Dan, no disrespect to Voss as his courage cannot be questioned but I think you're underestimating Bolton by saying they're one and the same.

Bolton's disposal isn't as bad as you think, he's very intelligent and in close has superb touch with his hands.

Either way, as someone said, Lyon would know him more than most and if we do move for him we should feel safe in the knowledge that he still has plenty to offer.

Shades
Club Player

he go's 4 the saints