Trade Week (Updated - Mattner to Swans 4:40pm Tues)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:All I'm saying is that Schneider may not be the untouchable that everton may believe him to be.
Well then what type of deal do you suggest would have to take place for him to leave?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Scoop
Club Player

I will leave that for others to speculate on Armoooo!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:I understand a consortium will offer Monkhorst, Capuano, Knobel, Ackland, M Clarke and King for pick #9 ... with Vidovic as a sweetener

Sources close to Lyon and Sheldon say the Saints are keen ...
Just heard an update - apparently we will only agree to the deal if they throw in Brett Cook.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

sneider/Buchanan sound good.

Definate NO to King - injury prone hack.

“Yeah….nah””
roo+hayes=flag
Club Player

said on news that Melb. had had enough of Johnstone. He is on the table for sure they said.
We should deffenitly look at him

Keep on rolling Harvs
Batnoe

roo+hayes=flag wrote:said on news that Melb. had had enough of Johnstone. He is on the table for sure they said.

Is worth a 3rd rounder, i know dockers are keen in him and we should just offer something to get it done

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
roo+hayes=flag wrote:said on news that Melb. had had enough of Johnstone. He is on the table for sure they said.

Is worth a 3rd rounder, i know dockers are keen in him and we should just offer something to get it done
I think they would a first or second rounder or they will not deal.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Not interested in Johnsotone - goes missing for months on end...poor mans Dal Santo. No thanks.

3rd rounder ONLY.

“Yeah….nah””
roo+hayes=flag
Club Player

he had 40 touches in the last round. How many times has Dal done that this season?........................................

NONE

Keep on rolling Harvs
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Not interested in Johnsotone - goes missing for months on end...poor mans Dal Santo. No thanks.

3rd rounder ONLY.
Well he is much better than pick 35 so they will want a first or second rounder. I dont think we will be after that sort of player but who knows.

sax
Club Player

If Johnstone's on the table you'd have to test the waters!
Fair enough he had a bit of a down season this year, can play though. B&F 2005! 27yo. D's would def only want 1st or 2nd round though!

SaintDippa
Club Player

To save us unnecessary keystrokes could one of the mods put up a template taking in one parameter <Player Name> so speculators need only enter the name of said player and a message will automatically be posted.

ie I heard <Player Name> is up for trade. Worth a third/fourth rounder.

Strewth STK don't need dodgy recycled hacks. If weare to trade then we should only offer #9 for a guaranteed gun or keep all picks and rely on recruiters to do their jobs.

roo+hayes=flag
Club Player

Give em 3 Rnder and Brookes

Keep on rolling Harvs
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote:To save us unnecessary keystrokes could one of the mods put up a template taking in one parameter <Player Name> so speculators need only enter the name of said player and a message will automatically be posted.

ie I heard <Player Name> is up for trade. Worth a third/fourth rounder.

Strewth STK don't need dodgy recycled hacks. If weare to trade then we should only offer #9 for a guaranteed gun or keep all picks and rely on recruiters to do their jobs.
One of the most intelligent posts all day...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
sax
Club Player

I don't think we should give up no. 9 at all, but there's not much after about pick 25 in this draft so maybe we should put our 2nd and 3rd on the table & see who has a nibble!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:I don't think we should give up no. 9 at all, but there's not much after about pick 25 in this draft so maybe we should put our 2nd and 3rd on the table & see who has a nibble!
What if Schneider was available. Are you going to get a better player at pick 9. Who knows but you know what you will get with Schneider and that is a very good player.

sax
Club Player

Is Schneider available though? I think that's just a bit of a rumour. This is the only place I've seen his name mentioned! But, if he was available, yes I'd give up pick 9 for him!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:Is Schneider available though? I think that's just a bit of a rumour. This is the only place I've seen his name mentioned! But, if he was available, yes I'd give up pick 9 for him!
Channel 7 news tonight said he is on the table.

sax
Club Player

Ok! Here in SA it didn't say any of that. It said the Saints were talking to Geelong about King & Blake. That's about all they mentioned about us!

Batnoe

roo+hayes=flag wrote:Give em 3 Rnder and Brookes

I agree, the more i think about it the better it is to have Brooks as an offer

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I have noted that the 1st day of trading has passed and with the exception of a couple of father-son deals

NOT A SINGLE PLAYER CHANGED CLUBS :roll: !!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I have noted that the 1st day of trading has passed and with the exception of a couple of father-son deals

NO A SINGLE PLAYER CHANGED CLUBS :roll: !!
It's the same every year, everyone gets their hopes up expecting there to be like 15 trades a day, but there usually only ends up being 2 that anyone actually remembers unless your own club is involved...

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Hard to believe they'd offer up Schneider, my mail says it's very unlikely, but if he is up for grabs, I'd hope we're all over it.

My offer would be Pick 9 for Schneider straight out...

If it's Buchanon who's being offered, which seems more logical, my offer would be Picks 9 + 26 for him, plus their Pick 11.

With Mattner coming on board, the Swans will still want picks, and will be inclined to offload one or two of their midfielders.

Of the others available...

- I'd take Steven King for a swap of third round picks
- I'd do Travis Johnstone for a pick after 30
- Tim Boyle would interest me for our second round pick
- Not really keen on Mark Blake - they'd want over the odds
- Jordan McMahon should be watched closely, and we'd be foolish not to have a crack at Kane Tenace, Justin Sherman and Brad Symes, three players who are more than capable but, if traded, will be sold well under their trading value.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Hard to believe they'd offer up Schneider, my mail says it's very unlikely, but if he is up for grabs, I'd hope we're all over it.

My offer would be Pick 9 for Schneider straight out...

If it's Buchanon who's being offered, which seems more logical, my offer would be Picks 9 + 26 for him, plus their Pick 11.

With Mattner coming on board, the Swans will still want picks, and will be inclined to offload one or two of their midfielders.
Well Tont Sheahan said it on 7 tonight and his mail is pretty good so I would say he is up. That doesnt mean anyting will happen but I did post I heard the same thing.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: - I'd take Steven King for a swap of third round picks
- I'd do Travis Johnstone for a pick after 30
- Tim Boyle would interest me for our second round pick
- Not really keen on Mark Blake - they'd want over the odds
- Jordan McMahon should be watched closely, and we'd be foolish not to have a crack at Kane Tenace, Justin Sherman and Brad Symes, three players who are more than capable but, if traded, will be sold well under their trading value.
Don't think Geelong would be too keen on that deal.
I would love Boyle but we would have to pay a fair bit more than that.
Blake would probably be our best bet but only if he said he wants out, which is very unlikely
McMahon only wanted to go to SA didn't he, I don't think we have any chance of him.
As for the last 3 would love anyone of them because they all are solid with the potential to be great and they would come reasonably cheap.