no apology for Peter Bruckner?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plumtire
Club Player

While we all pay tribute to Aaron Hamill. I'm amazed that not one apology has appeared on this forum from any of those people who last year, when Dr. Peter Bruckner had the temerity to suggest that Hamill's injury could be career-ending, proceeded to pour out a torrent of abuse at this man, "media whore" was one of the repeated insults. It appears that many here have not the slightest hint of good grace and are not prepared to admit they were wrong and apologise. Shame on you! :x

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

He is a media whore.

He is not the doctor of Hamill and got lucky. He also said that Kosi was finished.

Was he correct on that one?

I take it from this that you are suggesting that the surgeon who operated on Hamill is a fraud because he didn't tak Bruckners opinion, or worse he knew Hamills knee was no good and defrauded the club of money by needlessly operating on Hamill?

If so please put your name and address on here so the forum administrator knows where to send the solicitors letter. :roll:

So no apology for the Media Whore. He didn't have a clue and just guessed.

Should have his licience revoked and become a media performer if he wants the limelight.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plumtire
Club Player

You illustrate my point perfectly!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: no apology for Peter Bruckner?

plumtire wrote:You illustrate my point perfectly!
You have no point.

You asked why no apology and you got a reason.

Not what you wanted?

Stiff.

Bruckner is a media whore, through and through.

Are you Peter Bruckner? Or do you just do his bidding? :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Oh and a PM from the clown OP.

Trying to get the moral high ground critisising spelling with this

"No "i" in "license" by the way!"

Can anybody else see the screaming irony in the above statement. :roll:

Piss off Bruckner and go whore yourself about on radio :roll:

Kosi still finished you twat?

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Come opn you twat, give out your name.

If you reckon the surgeon who operated on Hamill defrauded the club.

Come on Pete. Hows about it?

Hows Kosi going whoreboy?

Lance or James??

plumtire
Club Player

The point I made was that people like you with NO medical background poured out abuse from the safety of a personal computer and your response to this post illustrates your ignorance!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plumtire wrote:The point I made was that people like you with NO medical background poured out abuse from the safety of a personal computer and your response to this post illustrates your ignorance!
What right did Bruckner have to diagnose somebody elses patient?

You are a pointless twat.

How do you know I have no medical qualifications?

Why is Kosi still running about when Bruckner said he was finished?

Cabbage

Lance or James??

plumtire
Club Player

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You cant help yourself can you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

docsaint
Club Player

I have a medical background.
He is a media whore.

that is all.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plumtire wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You cant help yourself can you?

And where do you get off apologising to Bruckner on behalf of this Forum as you have done on the other thread?

plumtire
Club Player

yeah doc saint, and I'm the CEO of BHP Billiton!

docsaint
Club Player

I don't post often, but usually do on medical stuff (general info as I have no inside info)
Been a gp for 11 years you tosser

Run away now you are making a complete fool of yourself.

Check my previous posts if you like

plumtire
Club Player

OK putting all the banter aside, the guy was proved right about Hammill and was given no credit for it. As far as I'm concerned the guy was expressing an opinion (from an informed background in sports medicine) and the levels of abuse he copped for it were disgraceful. It was only an opinion after all, but some of you would rather shoot the messenger.
The abuse I'm copping just proves my point so I'm taking no further part in this nonesense

docsaint
Club Player

the point is if you throw enough opinions around some will be right.
Has Brucknor apologized for getting Kosi so wrong?

Making this call was always going to be 50/50, anyone, even without medical knowledge, could have made the call and had a 50% chance of being correct.

My beef is that these media docs make big calls without personally examining the patient. In my opinion that definitely makes them "media whores". When they are in the media they are part of the media. When they are in their offices working as docs they would never offer a diagnosis and prognosis without a history and thorough physical examination. Why would you accept their opinions when they have not had the opportunity to do this?

They can speak in generalizations, I can accept that. But until I hear from the medico treating the player, or the player themself, it will only be a generalization , not a diagnosis

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

plumtire, you've been owned bigtime by both JB and Docsaint! It might be time to retire gracefully ... :wink:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plumtire wrote:OK putting all the banter aside, the guy was proved right about Hammill and was given no credit for it. As far as I'm concerned the guy was expressing an opinion (from an informed background in sports medicine) and the levels of abuse he copped for it were disgraceful. It was only an opinion after all, but some of you would rather shoot the messenger.
The abuse I'm copping just proves my point so I'm taking no further part in this nonesense
My opinion is that Robert Harvey will retire next year.

He has a degenerative condition generally known as 'aging'.

It is career ending.

I expect full recognition and a thread of my own when my prediction is proven to be correct.

Thank you for your time.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

docsaint wrote:the point is if you throw enough opinions around some will be right.
Has Brucknor apologized for getting Kosi so wrong?

Making this call was always going to be 50/50, anyone, even without medical knowledge, could have made the call and had a 50% chance of being correct.

My beef is that these media docs make big calls without personally examining the patient. In my opinion that definitely makes them "media whores". When they are in the media they are part of the media. When they are in their offices working as docs they would never offer a diagnosis and prognosis without a history and thorough physical examination. Why would you accept their opinions when they have not had the opportunity to do this?

They can speak in generalizations, I can accept that. But until I hear from the medico treating the player, or the player themself, it will only be a generalization , not a diagnosis

Indeed.....

I spoke with an ex Saints Club Doc about a number of players injuries not long agao.

With Hamill's knee which is now bone on bone the problem is that NO ONE can accurately say if he can play or not....not the Doctors and not Hamill himself.

Though evidently his knees are bad enough that he will eventually have to have full knee reconstructions..but whether that is ina few years time or a decade or two is not known.

Physically he can actually play a game...BUT then it may or may not blow up with fluid and soreness.. hence he may not be able to train or play the following week or weeks.....but then again he may be able too... Sometimes he will feel like he can play ata high level...other times he cannot.

So in some ways Hamill is in limbo. He could possibly play....but then he may not.

Problems is that the number of players that you can have on a list is limited.....so Hamill staying on a list (as he is a fantastic player IF he can play)....is just likely to be too low a return.....too risky that he cannot take the field.

So in the best interests of the club it is time to move on.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bozza1980
Club Player

A mate of mine said Hamill was finished the minute he limped off the ground that night against the cats.

Now that he has been proven right I think he should be congratulated as a medical genius!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plumtire wrote:While we all pay tribute to Aaron Hamill. I'm amazed that not one apology has appeared on this forum from any of those people who last year, when Dr. Peter Bruckner had the temerity to suggest that Hamill's injury could be career-ending, proceeded to pour out a torrent of abuse at this man, "media whore" was one of the repeated insults. It appears that many here have not the slightest hint of good grace and are not prepared to admit they were wrong and apologise. Shame on you! :x

apologise..????what to a f-wit that earns his money on giving supposedly medical opinions on players he has never examined......if that is not the ultimate definition of a media whore i don't know what is......ffs..... :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
crowjelly
Club Player

[quote="rodgerfox"][/quote]

My opinion is that Robert Harvey will retire next year.

He has a degenerative condition generally known as 'aging'.

It is career ending.

I expect full recognition and a thread of my own when my prediction is proven to be correct.

Thank you for your time.[/quote]

You've just ruined my day RF!

I thought the legend of Harvey would live on forever or until we at least won a cup!!

Your not some "mediaforumwhore" with an ageist bias are you? :shock:

I'm loving this - underdogs at 3 to 1, grand final experience in our favor and Pies over confident. Go Saints - I'm loading up!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Did bruckner explain how it was that when Aaron left, fatnalls testicles disapeared ? :lol:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Richter
SS Life Member

plumtire wrote:...... when Dr. Peter Bruckner had the temerity to suggest that Hamill's injury could be career-ending.............
Er, Aaron played a VFL game mid-season and bagged four goals. So the knee injury didn't end his career right then. I'm pretty sure that Bruckner said he wouldn't play again..... so.......

Anyway, it seems to me that part of a media doc's role should be to remind all of us of the imperfect science that is medical practice rather than grandstanding with big statements that are pretty much unprovable at that moment in time. Gazing into crystal balls isn't actually part of medical training. Giving reasoned prognoses is.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

docsaint wrote:I don't post often, but usually do on medical stuff (general info as I have no inside info)
Been a gp for 11 years you tosser

Run away now you are making a complete fool of yourself.

Check my previous posts if you like
Hey docsaint !!

You don't have to prove yourself around here. That is unless those who wish to attack your credibility don't know your history of medical accuracy on here.

If I wanted to be like Brukner and go out on a limb, I would say that that 7 hamstring injuries in less that 10 months would spell the end for a 35 year old Nathan Buckley. And NO, I don't have a doctorate in Medicine

I remember very well the discussions we had on Kosi's skull injury, but I ain't going lookin for them !!