I want that for our guys :(

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I want that for our guys :(

where can I help :?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

My thoughts exactly.

But we're customers, remember? Our membership entitles us to give money to the club with nothing in return. And we're told Believe or Burn?

:roll:

Give me a break. We need to win. We need to have winners in our team. In our football department. On our board. Everywhere.

This club needs to start winning premierships. Now. Stop ****ing about with being satisfied with honourable losses and second-rate people.

We need to win.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

it will come

their core is superb and we can match it

our challenge however is to develop 2nd tier players that have the ability to compete when needed

at this stage we don't however throughout this season we have seen players develop

it will come

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:it will come
Difference between winners and losers: winners develop ways to win, losers wait for it to happen.

We fired hard in 2004 because we made it happen; we've dropped out of contention because we haven't worked hard enough to stay on top.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah cool, i'm also going to take the "it'll come just sit back and do nothing" mentality.

Raph Clarke will be a super star!

yawn.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:Yeah cool, i'm also going to take the "it'll come just sit back and do nothing" mentality.

yawn.
i never said do nothing...

i never said sit back...

i never said raph clarke would be a superstar...

it will come///

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:Yeah cool, i'm also going to take the "it'll come just sit back and do nothing" mentality.

yawn.
Yep, Jason Blake is going to learn to kick, Raph Clarke and James Gwilt are going to learn to become accountable, Fergus Watts will learn to run, Milne won't get pinged for holding the ball, Ferguson will become the next Matthew Egan...

Sit back and relax, and enjoy the ride folks. It will come...I mean, it's only been 41 years WITHOUT a flag - but yeah, hey, wait - you know....

Stop getting impatient! Stop demanding success - just relax and enjoy the development of Andrew McQualter.

Heard a whisper Brad Howard is a chance for the Brownlow.

:shock:

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

There just seems to be a consensus that we have a premiership winning team sitting right there.

We just need to avoid injuries and have a good preseason.

I do not agree with this point of view. I believe our list has critical flaws and needs major reworking. I'm not pointing the finger at you saints premiers 2006.....2006...

I just want more done for 2008. More than a slight modification.
Last edited by brown-coat on Sat 29 Sep 2007 6:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

evertonfc wrote:Stop getting impatient! Stop demanding success - just relax and enjoy the development of Andrew McQualter.:shock:
hahaha

I must say, i do share your cynicism. lol

Mcqualter peaked when he won runner up best and fairest in the under 11s.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:

yawn.
Yep, Jason Blake is going to learn to kick, Raph Clarke and James Gwilt are going to learn to become accountable, Fergus Watts will learn to run, Milne won't get pinged for holding the ball, Ferguson will become the next Matthew Egan...

Sit back and relax, and enjoy the ride folks. It will come...I mean, it's only been 41 years WITHOUT a flag - but yeah, hey, wait - you know....

Stop getting impatient! Stop demanding success - just relax and enjoy the development of Andrew McQualter.

Heard a whisper Brad Howard is a chance for the Brownlow.

sooky sooky wah wah

so you talk about us getting impatient etc etc

what will you personally do to change it??

will you whinge, whine and moan and feel better you have done your bit?

Zippy
Club Player

evertonfc wrote: Yep, Jason Blake is going to learn to kick, Raph Clarke and James Gwilt are going to learn to become accountable, Fergus Watts will learn to run, Milne won't get pinged for holding the ball, Ferguson will become the next Matthew Egan...

Sit back and relax, and enjoy the ride folks. It will come...I mean, it's
Don't worry - still three years before we're as long without a flag as Geelong. We don't need to panic until 2010 . . .

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Moaning is at least recognizing something is wrong instead of sitting back for another year and watching the team go further down the ladder.

Saints premiers 2006, in the eighties you would still have been toeing the "Everything is ok" line. While we won spoon after spoon after spoon. Blind belief is just s***. It's f****** s***. And causes failure and defeat and suicide bombings.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:what will you personally do to change it??
Ask supporters of this club to raise their expectations and to stop embracing a culture that tolerates mediocrity.

Fair dinkum, I'm starting to believe some people actually don't really care that much whether we win the flag or finish 9th...

Just so long as we 'try our best', can blame the umpires and injuries, eh?

brown-coat wrote:Moaning is at least recognizing something is wrong instead of sitting back for another year and watching the team go further down the ladder.

Saints premiers 2006, in the eighties you would still have been toeing the "Everything is ok" line. While we won spoon after spoon after spoon. Blind belief is just s***. It's f****** s***. And causes failure and defeat and suicide bombings.
Some sanity into this thread.

Like it or lump it, sometimes you can't just sit back. As supporters, we have to be telling the club to win and telling the board we want to win, and to do whatever it takes.

I hope, if SFF gets in, they share the mentality of breaking every barrier to winning flags.

I don't think I could hack another era of our club not doing everything in its power to win a flag.
Last edited by evertonfc on Sat 29 Sep 2007 6:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

mischa
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:But we're customers, remember? Our membership entitles us to give money to the club with nothing in return. And we're told Believe or Burn?

:roll:
Exactly. That 'Believe or Burn' crap is typical of Butterss. Just get stuffed Butterss. Enjoy your floozy and get lost :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Ask supporters of this club to raise their expectations and to stop embracing a culture that tolerates mediocrity.

Fair dinkum, I'm starting to believe some people actually don't really care that much whether we win the flag or finish 9th...

all year i have been saying that this is year of development of the 2nd tier players and ridding of the dead wood (retirements or otherwise)

and it is

we have tasted success as a young, immature side (04+05 prelim) however the time has come as a mature settled group to go one better...and one better from that

luck is made...it is made through careful planning and faith in those plans

our group as a whole has never had a sold pre-season without the rehab group being predominantly stars...

next year we have our full strength squad apart from bj to do the pre-season

a much fitter, stronger st kilda shall be seen in 2008

Zippy
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:

Ermmm . . . yes, but what is that going to do? All you can do is refuse to buy a membership next year, or vote for SFF. Like many, I've already voted for SFF, and I'm not going to refuse to renew a membership because we missed the finals, or even because I disagreed with the sacking of our last coach.

Part of life is learning what you can and can't affect. Complaining on the net isn't going to help.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Look, I hope we're fitter and stronger, but I want the club to commit to admitting this right now:

Is 2008 a year where we will chase a premiership?

Or is it a year where we will try and build our list for the next premiership?

I don't mind either option, but for christ's sake, let us know.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Zippy wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

Ermmm . . . yes, but what is that going to do? All you can do is refuse to buy a membership next year, or vote for SFF. Like many, I've already voted for SFF, and I'm not going to refuse to renew a membership because we missed the finals, or even because I disagreed with the sacking of our last coach.

Part of life is learning what you can and can't affect. Complaining on the net isn't going to help.
thank you zippy

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Zippy wrote:Part of life is learning what you can and can't affect. Complaining on the net isn't going to help.
Exactly. Which is why it's important to get involved, isn't it Zippy?

You don't feel like getting involved is important. I don't share that view, but hey, everyone's different.

I know at least three individuals - two of them already supporters, one not (but who wanted to 'help' out to see what could be done) - who've made a massive contribution to Geelong FC after being contacting by the club following the review conducted by Brian Cook at the end of last year.

They'll be basking in flag glory tonight, and I wish them all the best.
Last edited by evertonfc on Sat 29 Sep 2007 7:05pm, edited 4 times in total.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Zippy wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

Exactly. Which is why it's important to get involved.
so...do you duty and vote to what who is going to lead us the promised land....

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:so...do you duty and vote to what who is going to lead us the promised land....
I don't believe in the messiah myth peddled by some - I think teams win premierships, not indivudals.

I guess that's why SFF holds appeal for a lot of people; they seem big on the team thing and committing whatever it takes to win flags.

I think that's a great mentality for this club to have.

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

gahhh i am so incredibly jealous right now.. hah..

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:so...do you duty and vote to what who is going to lead us the promised land....
I don't believe in the messiah myth peddled by some - I think teams win premierships, not indivudals.

I guess that's why SFF holds appeal for a lot of people; they seem big on the team thing and committing whatever it takes to win flags.

I think that's a great mentality for this club to have.
neither however a group can lead us...

sff come across as a team...and an identifiable team at that

jill
Club Player

I can already name more on the sff TEAM than the current board. They've mostly revolved around RB. I appreciate lots of what the current board have done, but believe too many gaffs/stuff-ups have led to our current "disarray" - now's the time to move forward. A united team that cares for the club can't do us too much harm!!! Faith inRoss Lyon is there -GO SAINTERS - I've been "believing & burning" for 57 years - forget the slogans & just do the best we can to help our boys win a flag. ps would also like to know how the "benefits" of being a Social Club member [apart from "guaranteed" Grand Final ticket - yet to be tested] compares to other AFL Clubs - have been sc member for years [60's] but facilities,bonus's,benefits have steadily gone down hill.