I'm Sick of 1966!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWodonga
Club Player

I'm Sick of 1966!

I am sick of the fact our only Premiership heroes played 41 years ago.

Sick of the fact the monkey is still on our back.

Sick of the fact we have had so many good players, never play in a premiership with us. Trevor Barker, did not even play in a final!

Sick of the fact the only bit of glory we have is of Daryl Baldock in Collingwood's jumper...

Sick of the off field rubbish.

We need to write new history, not hang our whole existence in a fleeting moment of a wobbly Barry Breen point. We are here for flags, nothing less.

Lets get serious and write history. Sure 1966 was fantastic, but it's way too long ago!!!

We as supporters can do our bit by becoming members in 2008. But that’s it. Everything else is in the hands of destiny.

Go Saints. Take in the Cats - Port match, really hurt. Feel what it takes to win, we need to be there this time next year. We need new history, new premiership glory!

I need 2008 souvenirs. Let’s get so sick of the lack of success, that we dig deeper than ever before. Do it for Harvs at least, he wont saddle up in 2009.

Everyone when you watch the grand final, imagine Stkilda winning next year… Imagine the how you would feel…

The Cats were in a similar position to us last year, there is no reason we can not go all the way in 2008

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

I will never ever ever get sick of 1966!!! :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

mate its not from lack of effort that 66 is our only success look at geelong 43 years of pain and now they are as happy as pigs in s***

we just gotta keep on going we gotta stop the silly power struggles at the top and let our footy do the talking not the antics of the board room

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:I will never ever ever get sick of 1966!!! :twisted:
I hear what you are saying, but you have missed the whole point of the post. We need to stop idolising the individual, and go for higher glory!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

well, its better than nothing!
and when people at school say to me, "you guys have only won ONE premiership, and thats was back in 1966" i just say "did you win it in 1966? no, so i rest my case, goodbye!"
and i know what you are talking about! i have never been to a GF that the saints are in, and its really bad, because about 5 years ago i said to my self that the first GF im going to the saints will be playing in, and about 3 years ago it hit me that i still would be waiting to go to a GF in 2031, so ever since 04 i have been to the Grand Final's, and all of them except for 07 as been quality footy and i love it!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."