David Misson gets the gig as Saints fitness adviser

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Having some debt, provided it is severicable, can be better than no debt and insufficient expenditure!
perhaps the most incredibly ignorant and stupid sentance ever to be posted on bigfooty.

WTF do you think servicing the debt is if it isn't expenditure :roll:

Better to stay silent and have people think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Oh and Brian Waldron was the CEO and architect of the finance strategy. He is an MBA and would have a damn site more knowledge on the subject than you.

Fair Dinklum :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Please dont confuse this as a for/against vote for either camp...

But I was sorting through what my hard drive caught on wednesday TV and found an interesting snippet from Beyond 2000 (@ 2005)
They interviewed a Prof David Morgan who was studying hamstring injuries at Monash University. He claimed that athletes needed to improve the "optimal length" of the hamstring muscle rather than strength, and revised training programs according to the individuals physiology. His studies showed that improved length decreased the likely occurrence of hamstring tears. (generally this is in contradiction to physio belief that a stretched muscle will not achieve optimal strength)

The show focused on Troy Schwarze but Chips was there in a training capacity as well. (a small clip of an intraclub matched showed Aussie)

So not sure if the "follow the trends" argument stands up, and given that RL probably does not believe in all this high tech stuff(meat and potatoe comment comes to mind) It will be interesting to see what the new coaching/training regime will bring.

Me on the other hand believe that some people are just injury prone.
The trick is not to draft them....

Seeya
Carl Mynott
Club Player

What happens to Peter Mulkearns after Misson's appointment..

:?:

The more things change the more they stay the same
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Carl Mynott wrote:What happens to Peter Mulkearns after Misson's appointment.. :?:
Do we care? Misson is a major coup for us...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Carl Mynott
Club Player

SaintWodonga wrote:
Carl Mynott wrote:What happens to Peter Mulkearns after Misson's appointment.. :?:
Do we care? Misson is a major coup for us...
I care enough to ask...Is Mulkearns out or do we now have both of them working together.....

:?:

The more things change the more they stay the same
crowjelly
Club Player

Good to see the Saints kicking some post season goals!

Well done chaps.

I'm loving this - underdogs at 3 to 1, grand final experience in our favor and Pies over confident. Go Saints - I'm loading up!
Rooy_coin
Club Player

yeah good work

CARN THE SAINTERS!!!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I suspect Misson's decision is more about Ross Lyon than anybody else at S.Kilda.
His signing IMO can't be seen as anything other than a big positive. Excellent news for the Sainters.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Mulkearns may stay...our fitness and conditionaing department is being expanded.

I guess it will depend on whether Peter is happy working under Misson.

He may well be as Misson is acknowldeged as the best in the business,...and peter may feel he can learn athing or two.

Then again he may leave if he wants to be top dog.

Either ways Misson is a HUGE pick up for us.

Another PLUS is that we already know that he can work with our Head Coach RL very well. They have to work hand in hand....so this is important.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Read the shyte from JB vs arepremiers. So, wizard counter of beans, Mr. Boy, tell us all about debt. Truth is your simplistic financials are bordering on tragic. You have no F****** idea, you tosspot.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021