breen backs butterss board

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:So, moderator, to question any association between "Singer" and the Thomas family is to be critical of "Singers" family?

Y

You have confirmed not only YOUR sensitivity but that there is a relationship between "Singer" and the Thomas family.

Not that you willl allow this to be posted, no doubt.

And the moderators have positions, which manifest to allowing the abuse i

The only way to ensure the long term future of St Kilda FC is for a buy out, relocation to SA based at Adelaide Oval and as a privately owned entity - with member voting rights assumed by the equity contributors.

that;s the second time you have madfe such a treacherous suggestion........go away troll.....

...you and six others have put money in...and you can speak for the lot.......??????....bet your nose grew a bit today troll....

...for the record...i'm not related to thomas/..ffs...that is nearly as silly as your other suggestions..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:I'm going to leave every word of that To the Top.

Personally, I dislike Grant Thomas as much as b4e ... he insulted someone close to me twice, and I absolutely hate the man's guts. No one was more gleeful than I when he was sacked last year. Check out some of the PM's b4e and I have shared if you don't believe me.

I don't know stinger from a bar of soap (I'm 18 and he's an older man) but to comment on any poster's family or possible connection is out of line. Clearly.

[qa.

tell me what the turkey posted......i still work some days and missed his intelligent insightful post...ffs....

i don't think....

not hard to see where he is coming from...he is obviously a port or crowlice supporter from serial killers heaven...he is not a saints supporter...he has been having a lend of us...i can smell trolls...he knows i made him...hence the vitriol directed at me.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:
The Teflon seal of approval is a bit like the kiss of death :D

... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....lol.......and has been for a long long while....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:More playing the man and not the ball from the pro-Westaway agendaites :roll:

Try debating the issues for gods sake.

You are like a gang of wild dogs attacking anybody with a different view to yours.

really is embarrassing how insecure you lot are. :roll:

who the f*** is attacking whom around here......pot.......kettle black.......the only pple throwing insults are the pro butterss group.....typical joffaboy tactics...throw a grenade then stand around with your hands behingdyour back whistling dixie......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: It really doesn't matter what you, me or anyone else thinks. RB is finished IMO and Westaway will take over. The only other alternative doesn't bear thinking about, as it would take the form of a rapid descent into the morass.

And RB brought it all on himself. It never needed to have been like this, but the whole thing has had the inevitablility of a Shakespearian tragedy since September 2006.

That's not me being on one bandwagon or another. That's just the truth.

and amen to that......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
A bit of respect from the baying pack of pro-Westaway wilddogs and GT messiah cult of personality henchmen and acolytes wouldn't go astray toward him.
and the drama queen reckons he doesn't insult pple........give me a break........right from the start...the ones throwing the insults around have been the usual pro butterss suspects......gets a bit borring really.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

and that's enough from me ..after having caught up on the days proceedings...normal stuff .... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I guess my point jb is that many people make comments criticising former greats for a whole host of reasons. Vilifying seems a bit strong based on the comments I've read in this thread. Personally I try and avoid passing comment on them and try and pay them due respect for what they did for the club. I couldn't care less if club legends put their opinions on the public record but they do run the risk of alienating themselves from administrations (& supporters) in the future which IMO has been one of our great failings as a club in the past.

One thing people need to take into account though when they read these comments is that people like Breen, Burke, Frawley, etc have personal relationships with administrators they are passing comment on. I view any comments from them as a personal endorsement rather than speaking on behalf of the membership. No doubt each believes whoever they endorse is of benefit to the club as they have as much if not more interest in the club's survival than people like us, but they do have personal relationships that colours their opinion.

From my perspective, and someone that loathes our current president, past legends offering public support when they aren't prepared to get involved themselves doesn't change my opinion of them or the people they are endorsing. They have every right to pass comment but I take it for what it is. That is, a personal rather than a professional endorsement.
I read that and respect that from you JeffDunne. You have always been consistant with your critisism of Rod Butters and you are entitled to your opinion of him as President.

I once accused you of having an agenda (on th Burke whiteanting thread). After discussions with you I dont believe this is the case and as i have said you have been consistant in your views.

Yes my rhetoric and rant has been over the top. I hope most people can see the wood from the trees. I don think the debate is one sided and agenda driven, but i must admit i have been having a bit of fun as well.

You see i dont really care who is on the board, it is a non issue to me. I am just enjoying playing both sides at the moment.

I dont see things as some do in black and white, here are three sides to every story, and then not all of them are the truth.

I just wish that some i have accused of being pro Westaway acolytes woud stop and think past the subjective and emotional response. I mean really, some is so knee jerk and reactionary that it needs an alternate view.

If people can see that my heart is not in the pro board debate, they aren't reading my posts. I have never backed Butters and in many posts I have stated it is time to go.

I am sorry, I just cant stand the mob mentality I have seen here lately, it smacks of intimidation and continual division.

This is my biggest beef, I have nothing against Westaway. he will in all probability be a good president, I just want to hear both sides of the argument without one part being continually shouted down. What really got my back up was threats by pro Westaway mods, one on the public forum, but nothing going the other way.

Stifling debae has never occured on SS except for when it gets personal. Again this concerns me. I dont want a club where no dissenting voices are heard. I dont want an internet version of Burma here.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: and the drama queen reckons he doesn't insult pple........give me a break........right from the start...the ones throwing the insults around have been the usual pro butterss suspects......gets a bit borring really.....
more personal insults from you. So typical from you.

You really are an overtly aggressive and insulting fellow aren't you? Must be a joy to know personally :roll:

thank god I dont ever have to experience you in person you bitter old man :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
firthy
Club Player

joffa ,joffa ,joffa our good mate RB has gone, his time has come, we must move on, its okay mate wipe those misty eyes . The proxys have already won, it's all over -- Go our beloved sainters. It's what we do best, if in- fighting won premierships we would have a cupboard full.

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

firthy wrote:It's what we do best, if in- fighting won premierships we would have a cupboard full.
Well it doesn't - hence the fact why we have only 1 flag.

Hurry up and get this rubbish over and done with so we can all whinge and b1tch and moan at the board/ coach the next time something goes wrong!!!!!

Strength through loyalty - what a crock!!!!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

firthy wrote:joffa ,joffa ,joffa our good mate RB has gone, his time has come, we must move on, its okay mate wipe those misty eyes . The proxys have already won, it's all over -- Go our beloved sainters. It's what we do best, if in- fighting won premierships we would have a cupboard full.
cheers to firthy... cheers to you mate.... and heres cheers to RB.....cheers to my moist eyes......cheers to all the pro Westaway attack dogs......cheers to them all.....cheers to GregWestaway and his detail plan for his massive spending.....cheers to the rest of the FFS....cheers to Dans......cheers to NAth......cheers to Thommo and your father in law.....cheers to him.....cheers to Judas Levine and Gdanksi...cheers fellas....cheers to the 40 pieces of gold for the betrayal......cheers to the AFL as well.....hope the CBF is fully funded....cheers for that 1.5 mill handout we will need in a couple of years......cheers for the new shiy premiership that the FFS will deliver in 2008....cheers for that...cheers to all the proxies sent to the FFS.....cheers to you alll.........

Lance or James??

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

JB - what's the matter with you? Have you been on a bender for the past week or so? :? :? :? :?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote: Strength through loyalty - what a crock!!!!!
cheers to you TTSF.....cheers to Strength through Loyalty.....cheers to that, it means so much....cheers to the loyalty and strength showed by Levine and Gdanski...cheers to your leadership.....cheers to the crock of s.hite.....the old trophy we are perpetual owners of....cheers for that.....cheeers to turmoil and messiah worship....cheers to the cult of personality....cheers for that...

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:JB - what's the matter with you? Have you been on a bender for the past week or so? :? :? :? :?
cheers to mb and his personal vilification, play the man post....cheers mate....cheers for your rigid one dimensional thinking.....cheers for your confusion....cheers for insightful analysis of the situation....cheers mate.....

Lance or James??

JeffDunne

TimeToShineFellas wrote:Strength through loyalty - what a crock!!!!!
That line really pisses me off.

If St Kilda supporters aren't loyal this club wouldn't exist. Nobody ever promised blind loyaly to anything other than the club.

It's a tired old line trotted out when you don't like someone's opinion.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

JeffDunne wrote:It's a tired old line trotted out when you don't like someone's opinion.
Nothing to do with not liking someone's opinion - everyone's entitled to one.

I am just sick and tired of the continual crap that gets served up down at the Club (reading "The Point Of It All" you see instability in nearly every chapter).

I sure as hell reckon you'd never see Club instability played out like this publicly at Adelaide or West Coast or Sydney or Collingwood.

JeffDunne

Nonsense. Collingwood's had their fair share.

West Coast don't because their admin are appointed by the WAFL. No members to worry about. Ditto Adelaide.

Sydney have had their fair share too, as recently as when Roos was appointed. Being an AFL run franchise these days members aren't a problem either.

Look at Carlton the moment they got into trouble.

Essendon atm are having theirs too.

We are a club that has for most of its history competed in a competition where success bred success. Our administrations over the years have been weak because most knew they were on a hiding to nothing.

Over the past 15 or so years our administration has been as stable as any membership based club in the competition - including Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, Melbourne, etc.

Q5
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:I dont see things as some do in black and white, here are three sides to every story...
I should hope so Joffa - in shades of RED!!!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
meher baba wrote:JB - what's the matter with you? Have you been on a bender for the past week or so? :? :? :? :?
cheers to mb and his personal vilification, play the man post....cheers mate....cheers for your rigid one dimensional thinking.....cheers for your confusion....cheers for insightful analysis of the situation....cheers mate.....
Once again, I can only ask, what is this all about?

If it is personal villification to point out that nothing you are posting lately makes much sense, then so be it.

I mean, what about this stuff you posted earlier.
Yes my rhetoric and rant has been over the top. I hope most people can see the wood from the trees. I don think the debate is one sided and agenda driven, but i must admit i have been having a bit of fun as well.

You see i dont really care who is on the board, it is a non issue to me. I am just enjoying playing both sides at the moment.

I dont see things as some do in black and white, here are three sides to every story, and then not all of them are the truth.

I just wish that some i have accused of being pro Westaway acolytes woud stop and think past the subjective and emotional response. I mean really, some is so knee jerk and reactionary that it needs an alternate view.

If people can see that my heart is not in the pro board debate, they aren't reading my posts. I have never backed Butters and in many posts I have stated it is time to go.

I am sorry, I just cant stand the mob mentality I have seen here lately, it smacks of intimidation and continual division.

This is my biggest beef, I have nothing against Westaway. he will in all probability be a good president, I just want to hear both sides of the argument without one part being continually shouted down. What really got my back up was threats by pro Westaway mods, one on the public forum, but nothing going the other way.

Stifling debae has never occured on SS except for when it gets personal. Again this concerns me. I dont want a club where no dissenting voices are heard. I dont want an internet version of Burma here.
I have a few comments about this peculiar post.

First of all, you have been abusive and aggressive to lots of people, including me, in a large number of posts, but now seem to want to suggest that you were "only joking". Hysterical. :roll: Don't give up your day job and try to get work as a stand-up comic. :roll:

Then you tell us that you don't really support Butters, you couldn't care less who is on the board, and that your "heart is not in" what you are saying. So why do you spend so much time and energy posting on here? I'm sorry, I simply don't believe you on this. If you don't like the people who support Westaway, then you must be on the side of the current board but - for some reason that I haven't fathomed but could have something to do with lack of ticker - don't want to come out openly as a supporter.

You then claim that you want to hear both sides of the debate without one side being shouted down. Well, I'm sorry, but most of the shouting down that has taken place on this forum over the past 12 months has been directed towards the people who don't like Butterss.

I note that virtually every pro-Westaway post I have read on here always includes a comment about acknowledging the good work that the current Board managed to do until they lost the plot. On the other hand, I have seen lots and lots of posts from pro-Butterss people on here that are full of vitriol and that even make wild claims about GT, Bedwell or even Lindsay Fox being secretly behind the challenging group. I have also seen lots of insults against Burke's intelligence. I have also read you describe Westaway as being "gutless" on countless occasions because he won't go on TV.

I really can't work out where you are coming from, "mate", and I doubt that I am the only person on this forum who feels the same way.

I hate having to attack you like this, as I generally enjoy your posts and sense that you are a reasonable sort of bloke. But, FFS!!!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Classic joffaboy. Classic stuff.

Me old mates firfy and furphy would be so proud!!

MB - joffa just had a trip down memory lane at your expense!

GOLD. Cheers to Jack High Singleton. Cheers mate.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
stinger wrote: and the drama queen reckons he doesn't insult pple........give me a break........right from the start...the ones throwing the insults around have been the usual pro butterss suspects......gets a bit borring really.....
more personal insults from you. So typical from you.

You really are an overtly aggressive and insulting fellow aren't you? Must be a joy to know personally :roll:

thank god I dont ever have to experience you in person you bitter old man :roll:

don't make personal insults.....crap......

i don't agree with you...call you for what you are...a drama queen.....

.....and you call me overtly agressive...again ...pot kettle black.,..

.....next you call me a bitter old man.......old ...yes..if 62 is old.......i'm still a fair bit younger than howard...and he is running the country...and will continue to do so for the next 2-3 years...much as that will piss you off....good.....

bitter...no.....most pple who know me like me.....tough titties...once again....

ps ..i see that you stole that line today.....loser..... :wink: :roll: :roll: :lol:

an an agist loser as well..... :roll:i'm glad that the mods have your measure....your post will be forwarded to them.....
Last edited by stinger on Thu 27 Sep 2007 11:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Group hug anyone?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Classic joffaboy. Classic stuff.

Me old mates firfy and furphy would be so proud!!

MB - joffa just had a trip down memory lane at your expense!

GOLD. Cheers to Jack High Singleton. Cheers mate.
cheers to you sensational...and cheers to my old mates firfy and furphy....cheers to old timers with new nics SENsational.....cheers to you all....cheers to stinger the grumpy old man.....cheers to you mate.....cheers to all grumpy old men....cheers....cheers to stingers pet mods....heres cheers to you guys.....cheers once again to mb.....cheers mate you've been had.....cheers to Mr Magic.....still they dont get it.....cheers to your PM's....and cheers to Max.....add his name to your list MM......cheers to Steve Bedwell....cheers Steve.....heres cheers to Steves interview on SEN naming directors and players....cheers mate but not a good idea......cheers to Judas and his 40 pieces of silver....cheers to you all.

Lance or James??

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:20am, edited 1 time in total.