breen backs butterss board

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I suspect grants waiting to be head hunted by Lindsay...once Lindsay ratifies himself as the Westaway "silent" sponsor.....

God help us all.....
Where's Mr Magic with his Big Lie thread when you need it!! :lol:

This whole thread is generating into what the rest of this forum has generated into. One huge big circle.

It's the whole GT/RL coaching debate ad nauseum. Just transpose the letters.

People have their opinions. They are entitled to those opinions. I have read the pro and anti challenge posts. I agree with parts of both. I still believe SFF is a better candidate and RB should be removed. Have done for months.

Nearly time for us to move on and let the process take care of itself?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
bungiton
SS Life Member

that's the crux of this matter, most people for maintaining the status quo believe those favouring SFF are doing this on the strength of the last few weeks.
Wrong, if like me they have been waiting for months for a valid ticket to remove the current fiasco

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Some may think abusing and insulting past greats of our club is fine, but i find it sickening.

And i couldn't give a stuff if you like that or not.

ANYONE WHO DENIGRATES THE PAST GREATS OF OUR CLUB FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES IS BEYOND CONTEMPT
as i said before....cowboy does more denigrating and insulting the club and it's officials than anyone on here ever has......

...don't like it joffa boy...tough titties......

...and i don't give a stuff if you like it or nor either...

..i am not going to roll over just because you say so...ffs......

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

my comments were not made for political purposes....only as an explanation why breen said what he has.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:that's the crux of this matter, most people for maintaining the status quo believe those favouring SFF are doing this on the strength of the last few weeks.
Wrong, if like me they have been waiting for months for a valid ticket to remove the current fiasco

i have been waiting for a valid viable alternative from the day the pr!cks sacked grant thomas.......when sff came along ...i knew there was a god after all..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I suspect grants waiting to be head hunted by Lindsay...once Lindsay ratifies himself as the Westaway "silent" sponsor.....

God help us all.....
i don't think that even you believe that sort of crap...so you are just trouble making ...as usual....

bungiton
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Some may think abusing and insulting past greats of our club is fine, but i find it sickening.

ANYONE WHO DENIGRATES THE PAST GREATS OF OUR CLUB FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES IS BEYOND CONTEMPT
So your describing Burke and Thomson as mindless puppets gutless spivs and such is what exactly?

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:
Thomas was sacked for the same reason - and some others to boot, that Oatey was.
No, he wasn't at all.

You should add this to your 'Big Lie' thread.

Somewhere along the line you've convinced yourself that this is why he was sacked, and now it appears you believe it.

The only problem is that it isn't true.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
To the top wrote:
Thomas was sacked for the same reason - and some others to boot, that Oatey was.
No, he wasn't at all.

You should add this to your 'Big Lie' thread.

Somewhere along the line you've convinced yourself that this is why he was sacked, and now it appears you believe it.

The only problem is that it isn't true.
Rodger, feel free to add it to the thread. It was intended to be used for all 'the big lies' floating around this Forum, not just the ones concerning RB.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Oh When the Saints wrote:This thread is fast becoming a quagmire.
More of a farce I would have thought...........

Much like the Club at the moment.

Any reason why we've only won the 1 flag in 100+ years

Fortius Quo Fidelius - Strength Through Loyalty - What a crock!!!!!!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

So your describing Burke and Thomson as mindless puppets gutless spivs and such is what exactly?

i wouldn't bother bungi....hypocrite is not even on joffaboy's spell checker......

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

kaos theory wrote:
I responded to your post in the hope that I'd get a view as to why it's so "obvious" that GWs candidates would make such great AFL club board members - I even gave you my views on them. If I've offended you by not being impressed by GW and co. at this stage, either deal with it, or give me something to debate. The only reason I've fallen into the Butterss crew at this point is because the pro GW arguments are as poor as the above.
Why would I personnally care what you think of GW? Your comment about trouble making was stupid - that all I'm saying...Yet you claim arguements about SFF are poor....can't say I've read anything that gives me confidence from you, others or RB that want's me to stay with the incumbent.
I haven't got the faintest idea why you'd care what I think of GW. Your response accused me of taking personal potshots at the man, and while it wasn't my intent, it's an easy picture to paint, and I'm frankly amazed that it didn't happen earlier, and that nobody HAS come to that conclusion. We're a trusting lot I guess.

I also don't want to argue anyone into voting Butterss, though I would have liked a bit more patience before jumping on the bandwagon, that ship has sailed though. Given lack of substantial reason to vote for SFF, I've fallen onto the Butterss wagon I guess, it's not a place I'm especially comfortable, and would love someone to talk me out of it... Given SFF looks a done deal, I'll settle for being persuaded it's a good thing. I'm fully expecting that probably means patiently waiting for SFF to do it on the job.

Know a couple of guys that ran head hunting frims.....hmmmm very capable guys, but they are handling a bunch of one-dimensional type of sale staff.

Also know a guy that built & runs a $100m manufacturing company...that's real talent. Why? because of the diverse types of people & processes you have to deal with and you have to get everyone working for you.

So you know what I think of a RB style guy vs. a GW style of guy.
I'm not sure either transport & logistics OR recruitment business models map to that of an AFL footy club (As I've said before, the model that I think does is NFP). One of my key concerns on GW that the road to national private enterprise is paved in aquisition and debt (whether to expand operations or by aquiring competitors, Gregory's most recent aquisition was 2004), and there seem to be two schools of thought on whether that's a good or bad approach to take in the current environment... All addressable concerns, that SFF isn't addressing, but I know where the current board stands on that at the moment.

Also, I have heard RB speak a lot during his time....And I have not been overly impressed. Look at the GT sacking. He was pathetic during his 'on the coach' performance. Also his style of business, e.g. sloppy proceses, such as signing up friends on big contracts (GT), and facing the consequences afterwards....(as we are now).... Are senoir busines people, admin people & footballers going to be inspired by him...? Becuase I'm a saints suppoter, I gave him my support & lot of latitude...but that has run out...
RB and the media are a 100% bad combination. No question. In RB's shoes I'd be getting a front man.

As for sloppy processes, they tend to be something that comes up when things go wrong. Butterss (not surprisingly) seems from the outside to be a 1 on 1 sales guy - he's terrible in front of a camera or mic, but people sit down for coffee and whammo... deal done. I'd certainly like some more transparency, but I'm neither convinced I'll get that from either side, nor am I 100% convinced that I really should... e.g. the above, where I don't feel comfortable judging the economic trend (US v India & China's impact on Aus, and the viability of taking on debt to expand business holdings) as to whether GW's business savvy maps well to St. KFC over the debt reduction the current board has implemented.

Either way, I sincerely hope to spend the next 10 years forgetting we have a board once this is done. I'd like to feel comfortable saying my latitude for RB has run out too (and I do think we could do better), but GW hasn't convinced me he's the man.
Last edited by BAM! (shhhh) on Thu 27 Sep 2007 11:29am, edited 1 time in total.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Oh When the Saints wrote:BAM! (shhhh), I would be interested on your thoughts about the business experience of our current board.

You have been through and commented on the alternate board in terms of what they bring to the table ... what about the incumbents?

To me they all seem to be in business together, and all in the same industry (recruitment, employment, HR services etc.) ... so same contacts, same networks, same business knowledge.

Certainly King, Butterss, Kellet and Basset anyway.
Maybe I'll try and answer by asking a question, because it's not like I know the history of all our board members inside out... and the Saints site isn't as keen on selling these guys as the SFF site is on theirs. I write off Gdanski and Levin, they're playing for the other side now.

I would like some insight (if anyone can give) on the following:

Mark Kellett - Appears impressive to me - but I can't find any numbers on Gluck. He bought it in '93, since then they've signed up Nike, Colorado, Quicksilver. Looks like they're the guys who get the goods from the sweat shops in China to the Asia Pacific. Also has an AFL history as a player... looks like the kind of guy I want on the board.

Glen Casey - Nylex jumps out... several times. I know they were struggling a while back, are they back on firm ground now? Maybe fits with the "get out of debt" model the Saints have been working to? VP's a big title, what's he add specifically?

Ray King - Mildara Blass and McPhersons jump out. McPhersons is a 300 Mil company (thank you google) operating at a profit, I only vaguely remember hue and outcry when Mildara Blass was sold in the 90s for a pile of millions, anyone shed light here? FWIW, those I've known from the wine bus. have tended to have impressive roladex's too. What have we got against Ray King?

Bassatt - Seek goes to your recruitment angle, and being founder put's him in the .com crowd - witout knowing more about him, I want his sponsorship dolalrs more than I want him, but I can see how he'd fit with the Butterss entrepreneur style.

Butterss - Entrepreneur whose big success is recruitment by verticle, and getting out at the right time. Spitting image of the gen. X new money. Has crucified himself by media, and by mishandling GT.

Can I maybe get some insight from others on Kellett, King and Casey?
But hey, everything's rosy and because we paid off some debt let's just leave RB to keep things how they are and hope and pray that they get better.
If we were 12 months further out of debt, I'd probably agree. Given that we just finished paying it off, it's not surprising we haven't done lots of exciting things with the money we could now borrow yet... I think the strongest argument in favour of the current guys would be that by paying off the debt, they've demonstrated financial management, and earned a chance to spend the profits responsibly. I wait on them releasing further info before I look at them as wise spenders though.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Please show me the post where I said that or apologise.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
bungiton wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

i wouldn't bother bungi....hypocrite is not even on joffaboy's spell checker......
Show me the posts where I have said the above or you can apologise as well.

And stop the personal abuse. If you cant post to argue rationally dont respond to my posts. Second time i have asked this.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:This thread is fast becoming a quagmire.
More of a farce I would have thought...........

Much like the Club at the moment.

Any reason why we've only won the 1 flag in 100+ years

Fortius Quo Fidelius - Strength Through Loyalty - What a crock!!!!!!!
Exactly. Oh no - no turmoil here.

Deadset correct TTSF. A lclub supported by loser supporters with a loser mentality.

Until this loser mentality changes the club is going nowhere.

Lance or James??

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:BAM! (shhhh), I would be interested on your thoughts about the business experience of our current board.

You have been through and commented on the alternate board in terms of what they bring to the table ... what about the incumbents?

To me they all seem to be in business together, and all in the same industry (recruitment, employment, HR services etc.) ... so same contacts, same networks, same business knowledge.

Certainly King, Butterss, Kellet and Basset anyway.
Maybe I'll try and answer by asking a question, because it's not like I know the history of all our board members inside out... and the Saints site isn't as keen on selling these guys as the SFF site is on theirs. I write off Gdanski and Levin, they're playing for the other side now.

I would like some insight (if anyone can give) on the following:

Mark Kellett - Appears impressive to me - but I can't find any numbers on Gluck. He bought it in '93, since then they've signed up Nike, Colorado, Quicksilver. Looks like they're the guys who get the goods from the sweat shops in China to the Asia Pacific. Also has an AFL history as a player... looks like the kind of guy I want on the board.

Glen Casey - Nylex jumps out... several times. I know they were struggling a while back, are they back on firm ground now? Maybe fits with the "get out of debt" model the Saints have been working to? VP's a big title, what's he add specifically?

Ray King - Mildara Blass and McPhersons jump out. McPhersons is a 300 Mil company (thank you google) operating at a profit, I only vaguely remember hue and outcry when Mildara Blass was sold in the 90s for a pile of millions, anyone shed light here? FWIW, those I've known from the wine bus. have tended to have impressive roladex's too. What have we got against Ray King?

Bassatt - Seek goes to your recruitment angle, and being founder put's him in the .com crowd - witout knowing more about him, I want his sponsorship dolalrs more than I want him, but I can see how he'd fit with the Butterss entrepreneur style.

Butterss - Entrepreneur whose big success is recruitment by verticle, and getting out at the right time. Spitting image of the gen. X new money. Has crucified himself by media, and by mishandling GT.

Can I maybe get some insight from others on Kellett, King and Casey?
But hey, everything's rosy and because we paid off some debt let's just leave RB to keep things how they are and hope and pray that they get better.
If we were 12 months further out of debt, I'd probably agree. Given that we just finished paying it off, it's not surprising we haven't done lots of exciting things with the money we could now borrow yet... I think the strongest argument in favour of the current guys would be that by paying off the debt, they've demonstrated financial management, and earned a chance to spend the profits responsibly. I wait on them releasing further info before I look at them as wise spenders though.
I personally don't have a problem with the other board members, other than the president. Happily would trade him for Westaway based on RB's performance alone.

RB comes across as a 'gonna' type, whereas Westaway seems to be a backroom 'doer'. My opinion from what I know of both.

I know Mark Kellett.....his fashion sense is appalling!! :lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Thanks BAM! (shhhh), you knew more than I did about it.

Casey left Nylex about twelve months ago I believe ... think he's in business with Butterss now.

The two boards seem reasonably similar in what they bring to the table, although SFF probably have a bit more diversity in terms of the industries they represent.

Plus SFF have a woman, which is a positive.

Interesting to hear Westaways comment that the SFF board don't have a lot to do with each other outside of spending time together at the footy ... not sure whether this is a plus or a minus, considering the "closeness" of the current board in a business sense.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: i have been waiting for a valid viable alternative from the day the pr!cks sacked grant thomas.......when sff came along ...i knew there was a god after all..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Line up for the poisoned cordial but remember rumpy is first in the queue

You are talking about the very same Grant Thomas who is currently suing the St.Kilda football club for $270,000 which includes $167,000 for holiday pay after he'd already signed a statutory declaration that he had been paid all monies owed, correct?

Thomas bleeds red, white and black, only problem is it comes off the clubs bottomline

Big difference between Butterss and Thomas, Butterss gives his money to the club and quite a decent amount at that, Thomas takes money from the club and wants to take more even though he's legally signed a document stating he's taken his fair share already which is over 2.5 mill btw

You are talking about the same Grant Thomas that sent our list into decline due to his sheer buffooonery with his boy wonder Bundy, yeah?

Thomas and Bundy gave up pick 6 and 31 for Brooks
Thomas and Bundy between them were responsible for McGough, Ackland, Guerra etc...

Beverdige did not make those calls

Oh rumpy, still a disciple of the gospels of Thomas, still paying homage to the cult of personality, still prefer your Thomas in wonderland fairytales instead of the cold hard reality

Thomas is suing the St.Kilda football club

You know the club he said he'd never do anything to hurt
:roll:

At least Butterss puts hios own money into the St.Kilda football club

Has Thomas ever given one cent?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I was wondering when B4E would enter the debate.

Is the sign of a good president how much money he puts in?

Oh and look at the calendar. It's 2007 now. The former coach has been gone for over 12 months.

It's time to let go. Smile. Look at the blue sky. He's not relevant and that should make you happy.

RB's performance is relevant, not how much he sinks into the club.

kaos theory
Club Player

Either way, I sincerely hope to spend the next 10 years forgetting we have a board once this is done. I'd like to feel comfortable saying my latitude for RB has run out too (and I do think we could do better), but GW hasn't convinced me he's the man.
BAM - I'm interested in the team overall, not just GW vs. RB (though I think GW is way ahead). The challengers, collectively are more impressive than the incumbent. The nature of businesses they run, the type of work they do & the success they have had speaks more clearly to me about rigour, process, business & people management skills than a bunch of tech services guys. I think the addition of burke & thommo also adds a little extra from a recent football expereince perspective. There will also be some existing board experience from Gdansky & Levin on the ticket...

The reason why we have a board challenge is because of the fallout from the way the tech services guys go about things. No doubt they have done good things in the past, but overall its now become a negative.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
stinger wrote:
bungiton wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Show me the posts where I have said the above or you can apologise as well.

And stop the personal abuse. If you cant post to argue rationally dont respond to my posts. Second time i have asked this.

apologise to you..???..has hell just frozen over....????. :roll: :roll: :roll:

if you don't like my posts...don't read them...or don't respond......i don't care either way.......but don't dare deign to tell me what to do or who to respond to.......

...or did someone just make you a mod...ffs..... :roll: :roll:

i see there are a couple of other threads where you have insulted me and my fellow sff supporters...but that's alright for the high and mighty joffaboy isn't it........

i am not worried though...i see most posters are waking up to you and your bullying tactics..... :evil: :evil:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote: i have been waiting for a valid viable alternative from the day the pr!cks sacked grant thomas.......when sff came along ...i knew there was a god after all..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Line up for the poisoned cordial but remember rumpy is first in the queue

You are talking about the very same Grant Thomas who is currently suing the St.Kilda football club for $270,000 which includes $167,000 for holiday pay after he'd already signed a statutory declaration that he had been paid all monies owed, correct?

Thomas bleeds red, white and black, only problem is it comes off the clubs bottomline

Big difference between Butterss and Thomas, Butterss gives his money to the club and quite a decent amount at that, Thomas takes money from the club and wants to take more even though he's legally signed a document stating he's taken his fair share already which is over 2.5 mill btw

You are talking about the same Grant Thomas that sent our list into decline due to his sheer buffooonery with his boy wonder Bundy, yeah?

Thomas and Bundy gave up pick 6 and 31 for Brooks
Thomas and Bundy between them were responsible for McGough, Ackland, Guerra etc...

Beverdige did not make those calls

Oh rumpy, still a disciple of the gospels of Thomas, still paying homage to the cult of personality, still prefer your Thomas in wonderland fairytales instead of the cold hard reality

Thomas is suing the St.Kilda football club

You know the club he said he'd never do anything to hurt
:roll:

At least Butterss puts hios own money into the St.Kilda football club

Has Thomas ever given one cent?

have a big sook...has someone taken away your toys...there there andy...have a look in the bottom of your dumpster..i'm sure you will find something else to play with..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Oh and look at the calendar. It's 2007 now. The former coach has been gone for over 12 months.

It's time to let go. Smile. Look at the blue sky. He's not relevant and that should make you happy.

Then could you please inform Grant Thomas of this fact

Oh and last time I checked Grant Thomas is currently suing the St.Kilda football club, you know the very same club he says he loves and wouldn't do anything to hurt

Of course he loves the St.Kilda football club, it's been his biggest cash cow for some time now

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:I was wondering when B4E would enter the debate.

Is the sign of a good president how much money he puts in?

Oh and look at the calendar. It's 2007 now. The former coach has been gone for over 12 months.

RB's performance is relevant, not how much he sinks into the club.
who says he put any money in anyway............a couple of thousand dollars to our rod is probably less than he spends on......whoops....better not..... :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Oh and look at the calendar. It's 2007 now. The former coach has been gone for over 12 months.

Then could you please inform Grant Thomas of this fact

Oh and last time I checked Grant Thomas is currently suing the St.Kilda football club, you know the very same club he says he loves and wouldn't do anything to hurt

Of course he loves the St.Kilda football club, it's been his biggest cash cow for some time now
Why would I tell Grant Thomas he was sacked 12 months ago? You think he isn't aware of this fact?

As I said, he is irrelevant. Couldn't give two hoots about him, his money, his feelings, his legal action.

Get over him. It's not good for your blood pressure.