Mark Blake - dropped for Steven King?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Behind Play
Club Player

Mark Blake - dropped for Steven King?

seem as if Blake has been dropped for GF, according to SEN.

title edited by mods for clarity

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

He hasn't played a game since rd22 vs Richmond, I don't think he will be too shocked that he isn't playing on Saturday.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: BLake

Behind Play wrote:seem as if Blake has been dropped for GF, according to SEN.
make room for king

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:He hasn't played a game since rd22 vs Richmond, I don't think he will be too shocked that he isn't playing on Saturday.
mark blake for geelong...to be honest, behind play, this isnt really big enough news for a thread of its own...imo ofcourse

Behind Play
Club Player

SaintBot wrote:
Armoooo wrote:He hasn't played a game since rd22 vs Richmond, I don't think he will be too shocked that he isn't playing on Saturday.
mark blake for geelong...to be honest, behind play, this isnt really big enough news for a thread of its own...imo ofcourse
Funny Saint Bot, SEN thinks it is they have been discussing it for the past 20 minutes.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
Funny Saint Bot, SEN thinks it is they have been discussing it for the past 20 minutes.
part of the reason i dont listen to it...let me know what the teams are on thursday evening - if it has nothing to do with the saints and it involves to lanky hacks who were gifted with height when they were born but really have no football skills what so ever then im not really that interested

fwiw, if i was geelong id pick king over blake...for the experience if anything

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

its grand final week i would think its a important topic
much more then the usless who should we trade pick 9 to threads :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
Yeah I knew he was talking about but I was just trying to remind him that the website is called SAINTSational :wink:

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
BelfastSaint
Club Player

SaintBot wrote:
Behind Play wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
part of the reason i dont listen to it...let me know what the teams are on thursday evening - if it has nothing to do with the saints and it involves to lanky hacks who were gifted with height when they were born but really have no football skills what so ever then im not really that interested

fwiw, if i was geelong id pick king over blake...for the experience if anything
SEN reports that Neil Balme has just confirmed Blake out for King ....

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Have there been any other players that have played in a VFL and AFL grand final in the space of a week?
Poor Blake plays 22 games and then gets dropped for the big one...

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Seems SEN rang Blakes mother about an hour ago to confirm the rumour and she was too upset to apeak about it.....Also just mentioned that Blake is out of contract and were asking the question ...What if he is so pissed of he decides to leave and nominate in the draft........

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

BelfastSaint wrote:Seems SEN rang Blakes mother about an hour ago to confirm the rumour and she was too upset to apeak about it.....Also just mentioned that Blake is out of contract and were asking the question ...What if he is so pissed of he decides to leave and nominate in the draft........
He was taken under the father son rule wasn't he? so he may have a bit more loyalty to the club than that... and would we really want him? he is nothing special whatsoever, I don't know how old he is but I wouldn't bother with him unless he was under 21.

my les foote
Club Player

Why do the words "Blake", "mark" and "dropped" appear in the same sentence so often?

Win it for HIM!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
BelfastSaint wrote:Seems SEN rang Blakes mother about an hour ago to confirm the rumour and she was too upset to apeak about it.....Also just mentioned that Blake is out of contract and were asking the question ...What if he is so pissed of he decides to leave and nominate in the draft........
He was taken under the father son rule wasn't he? so he may have a bit more loyalty to the club than that... and would we really want him? he is nothing special whatsoever, I don't know how old he is but I wouldn't bother with him unless he was under 21.
Ok I just had a look at some stats, he is 21 and he averages 18 hitouts per game, I couldn't find out how much time on the ground he plays, but would be be worth having a look at? He's pretty ordinary around the ground but so are half the ruckmen in the league... would he be worth giving anything up for?

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Ok I just had a look at some stats, he is 21 and he averages 18 hitouts per game, I couldn't find out how much time on the ground he plays, but would be be worth having a look at? He's pretty ordinary around the ground but so are half the ruckmen in the league... would he be worth giving anything up for?

Does he want to be traded? Good lets get him then. Should try and swap Rix for him if we can.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Cats have made the right choice.

Just watched On the Couch and they brought up this stat from the prelim last Friday night:

Apparently for the 35 or so minutes Blake was on the field, Collingwood outscored the Cats by something like 48 to 17.

King may not be setting the world alight at the moment but he can catch and kick which is a lot more than Blake can do... makes Rix look like Dean Cox.

HarveysDeciple

Their average stats when they have played this year have been near on identical....if anything Blake is slightly ahead......Experience must be the only reason.

Understand that sentiment must be removed when it comes to winning flags but thats a tough break for the bloke.

Rooy_coin
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:its grand final week i would think its a important topic
much more then the usless who should we trade pick 9 to threads :roll:
couldn't agree more

CARN THE SAINTERS!!!
StSteven
Club Player

my les foote wrote:Why do the words "Blake", "mark" and "dropped" appear in the same sentence so often?
Nice one..........back to a Saints topic. :oops: :oops: :P