9 for Fev

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

does ross the boss has the ability to be able to change fev's outlook and personality....

ross is a black and white kind of person according to harves - and that is what makes him so appealing

could it work??

personally i think it could...i think fev just needs some semi-decent ball winners kicking the ball to him lace out

he has done well to win a coleman in an era of flooding

pluggers were different (even though the teams he played in were terrible)...flooding wasnt a part of the game...the worst plugger had to contend with was having a straight two on one which worked a few times

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
The_Dud wrote:you are a disgrace

i see your ego is still hurting from me making you look silly a few times, as u didn't attack any other posters who said the exact same thing i did

what more do u want me to say? 9 for Fev i would take, anymore and i wouldn't be so keen, i think its pretty straight forward

the draft is meant to be pretty weak this year, so we could get a good player at 9, or we could get a dud

Fev's got the runs on the board, we know what we're gonna get, so if the option is on the table, 9 or Fev, they have to make the decision which one to gamble on

and i think 43 players would have more influence on 1, thatn 1 on 43, just look at Gardiner

just ask if u need something explained in more depth, but its my opinion (and many others) so get over it :roll:
Get over what??

So you call me a "disgrace" because you made me look silly ??

really, I am not that shallow and I really don't recall your comments at all..

but I will now since you have called me a "disgrace"???

Again, I will never be in favour of Fev...

Don't like him and I believe he will be a bad influence on the younger players, it is as simple as that...

Yes I did respond to your :roll:

because I have no recollection of any previous correspondence where you have suggested that you have hurt my ego...

Here's a tip...

I don't have an ego to hurt, and have no idea just where you are coming from, but if you "believe" you beat me in some sort of argument, while that's fine by me

But please DON'T ever suggest that you made me look silly, because it really just makes you look even worse IMO :wink:
i called u a disgrace because u attacked me and my opinion (even tho many others have said the same thing in this thread) out of no-where, obviously trying to start something, and then when i tried to let it go becasue i thought there was no need to add anything, u kept attacking

this is also why i concluded it must be an ego thing

i said 'get over it' because u seem to be extremely concerned with my opinion differing to yours

and u don't need me to make u look silly, becasue the way u have handled yourself in this thread sort of smacks of immaturity, so your kinda doing all the work yourself

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
quidnunc
Club Player

Well I can confirm I know SFA but I would definetely have Fevola in our side - he's a bloody good full forward in a weak side - what would he be like playing for us when we are at full strength?

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
SaintWodonga
Club Player

According to AF:

"Fraser said Carlton full-forward Brendan Fevola was not a club target, with a midfielder and another small forward the priorities."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 42,00.html

Good stuff I don't want him!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
saintgus
Club Player

is brendan fevola off contract at the moment ?

Saints for the flag 2010
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:i called u a disgrace because u attacked me and my opinion (even tho many others have said the same thing in this thread) out of no-where, obviously trying to start something, and then when i tried to let it go becasue i thought there was no need to add anything, u kept attacking

this is also why i concluded it must be an ego thing

i said 'get over it' because u seem to be extremely concerned with my opinion differing to yours

and u don't need me to make u look silly, becasue the way u have handled yourself in this thread sort of smacks of immaturity, so your kinda doing all the work yourself
Well if think that I attacked you and your opinion maybe you should begin to learn how to read :?:

You seem to be the one on the attack IMO...

I say no to Fev and it has absolutley nothing to do with this "ego thing" you seem to bring up.

One of the most funniest things I have read for a while in that I smack of immaturity in this tread...

FFS LEARN HOW TO READ

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
HarveysDeciple

this stops now guys.....Fid and the Dud...neither of you reply to each other anymore, or all posts will be deleted.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Pick 9 for Fev easy

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Hi guys. My first post, long time saints member but just found out about this great forum on SEN a couple of weeks ago.

Our pick 9 is a much debated topic whether we opt to pick a young talent from the draft or get a player from another club threw the JUDD deal. If our board was serious in getting the best possible people to the club you think they would exhaust all avenues.

I currently believe Fevola is the best FF in the business and at the moment he would kick 80+ for us. He has similar charcteristics as Plugger and better than boring Dunstall, + he is an accurate kick for goal unlike Roo and half of our team.

If Carlton desperately needs our pick 9 I would trade it for Fev and Betts and we should be the aggressor while trading because we have nothing to lose but everything to gain if it is done properly.

With the rest of the picks we need midfield depth + ruckman.

we need to win next year for HARVS, the team and most importantly us the supporters.

Carn the Port, HATE Geelong.

st.mart
SS Hall of Fame

better than dunstall - credibility lost....

Fev is a tool - simple as that.......and it cannot be denied...FFS carlton suspended him this season..

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Brendan Fevola or David Armitage (or player of similar quality)...

I know what I'd rather...

Although I'd still hope we save that pick for a deal that would REALLY improve our list.

Pick 9 & 41 for Sherman and Wood
Pick 9 for Fev
Pick 9 & 25 for McLean
Pick 9 for Jolly and Buchanon
Pick 9, 25 & Goddard for Judd (Goddard + WCE 2nd pick then to Blues for Pick 3)

All skewed in our favour, yes, I but I reckon someone *could* bite.
Last edited by evertonfc on Wed 26 Sep 2007 4:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

welcome.

I think the decision on f.ebola is very divisive.

some for and some against.

dunstall was boring but he was a master FF, he never dropped marks, always chased, was rarely petulant, passed to team mates, shepherded, etec. 100 times more disciplined that f.ebola. sure folks can point to f.ebola doing disciplined things but dunstall did it in every game, all the time.

I think you'd be hard pressed to see dunstall staging for a free, not getting up and chasing, not doing team footy things. also I'd be suprised if you can find any footage of dunstall playing up or sooking.

f.ebola should be maturing as a footballer and in stead we see him chasing skirt, beating up barman etc.

f.ebola isn't 1/10 the footballer dunstall was, and he isn't 1/10 the person on field dunstall was.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Brendan Fevola or David Armitage (or player of similar quality)...

I know what I'd rather...

Although I'd still hope we save that pick for a deal that would REALLY improve our list.

Pick 9 for Fev
Pick 9 & 25 for McLean
Pick 9 for Jolly and Buchanon
Pick 9, 25 & Goddard for Judd (Goddard + WCE 2nd pick then to Blues for Pick 3)

All skewed in our favour, yes, I but I reckon someone *could* bite.
sherman hasn't played good football despite having no injuries in 12 months.

f.ebola...i've posted my opinion on this one.

brock mclean isnt' worth 2 picks, maybe one pick but his season has been solid without being brilliant.

jolly and buchanan? Fer real? why not get hackland back, if fit josh fraser >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jolly. i think even hudson >>> Jolly. we'll certainly find use for his 10 hitouts and 9 possessions a game, oh we already have rix :roll: I've posted the stats for jolly and its just not interesting. fraser on the other hand has an injury cloud over him, but aside from this his form as a ruckman and a player is outstanding. buchanan, pfft, rubbish player outside sydney, struggling to hold his place in teh sydney side.

the last one is interesting, i think judd is an outstanding player, maybe the best in the competition but we will have to match the 1.2 million p/a for 4 years offer for him and screw our salary cap knowing he wont play for 3 to 4 month and he may never be the same player again due to OP.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Beej
Saintsational Legend

It would be a massive gamble, the upside is huge though.

Worst case scenario - Fev continues what he's done over the last few years, causes a rift between teammates, team unity is shattered, suspension after suspension follows.

Best case scenario - Ross Lyon finds a way to get the best out of him, Fev is a changed man, we get a consistent forward who is guaranteed to kick goals.

I'm sure that if Fev was playing for a successful team he would be a pleasure, but sometimes the frustration of losing games gets the better of him.

The danger is if we were having a miserable run of form, a player with an attitude like his could tear the club apart.

A lot depends on our leadership group and the culture we currently have at Moorabbin imo.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:He has similar charcteristics as Plugger and better than boring Dunstall, + he is an accurate kick for goal unlike Roo and half of our team.
ho hum...

as its been pointed out many times on this site, Roo, Gehrig, Kosi, and most other forwards in the game are a more accurate kick for goal than Fev, as shown by their higher goal kicking percentage

Fev kicks a couple of goals from outside 50 and people claim he is an awesome kick for goal

Roo > Fev goal kicking

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
RooandKosi
Club Player

Fevola at stkilda = flag in 2008.

It would be great and easily worth pick 9.

With our midfield fit and firing god damn we'd be unstoppable with reiwoldt, koschitzke and Fevola?? my god thats the best forwardline i may ever have heard of.

gardiner, HAYES and Ball, goddard, r . clarke all fit unlike 2007 think about it.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I like this one

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

RooandKosi wrote:Fevola at stkilda = flag in 2008.

It would be great and easily worth pick 9.

With our midfield fit and firing god damn we'd be unstoppable with reiwoldt, koschitzke and Fevola?? my god thats the best forwardline i may ever have heard of.

gardiner, HAYES and Ball, goddard, r . clarke all fit unlike 2007 think about it.
f.ebola = OVERRATED massively.

he's a good player but really :roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Would Fev play good footy for the saints??/

Yes he could.

HOWEVER...do we have other options to play good footy at FF for the saints??

Yes we do.

Do we have other structural weaknesses in our list?

Yes we do.....
**small to medium forward to replace Hamill. We currently have no one witha knck of kicking goals in this role.
**midfield.... we need more players to rotate thru the midfield and when Banger goes in another year...this need will be even more so. If we could pick upa mid or two with some pace that would really complement our existing mix of mids.

**ruck We currently are pinning our hopes on the injury prone Gardi.......and VR to bloom (who is a kid and is probably several years away). Kosi is a good player, but an average ruckman (great as the No2 but not as the No 1)...is better used as a power forward.

**Full Back Yes Max is very good...but has been injury prone of late. Goose is a good CHB, but does not have the pace to be a good FB. Sam Fisher is an exceptional running HB...but does not have the pace or spoiling skills for FB. Gilbert could be groomed as a FB..but needs several years to muscle up.

Addressing these needs is more pressing that gaining Fev.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

RooandKosi wrote: we'd be unstoppable with reiwoldt, koschitzke and Fevola?? my god thats the best forwardline i may ever have heard of.
Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Gherig?

Carpe Diem
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Would Fev play good footy for the saints??/

Yes he could.

HOWEVER...do we have other options to play good footy at FF for the saints??

Yes we do.

Do we have other structural weaknesses in our list?

Yes we do.....
**small to medium forward to replace Hamill. We currently have no one witha knck of kicking goals in this role.
**midfield.... we need more players to rotate thru the midfield and when Banger goes in another year...this need will be even more so. If we could pick upa mid or two with some pace that would really complement our existing mix of mids.

**ruck We currently are pinning our hopes on the injury prone Gardi.......and VR to bloom (who is a kid and is probably several years away). Kosi is a good player, but an average ruckan...is better used asa power forward.

**Full Back Yes Max is very good...but has been injury prone of late. Goose is a good CHB, but does not have the pace to bea good FB. Sam Fisher is an exceptional running HB...but does not have the pace or spoiling skills for FB. Gilbert could be groomed asa FB..but needs several years to muscle up.

Addressing these needs is more pressing that gaining Fev.
i think Gilbert was awesome this year, his field play was too good IMO to put him in the FB role.

to cover the defence going into the future and a 3rd tall in the forward line, I like the idea of picks for Rivers + Miller. Miller was given the role of CHF and he wasn't good enough, but he can mark, he can kick for goal and he has a big engine, but not the tickets that melbourne have on him.

rivers = 10 year defender (if fit) miller = 3rd tall in the forward line can be thrown down back as a defender. fills two slots for us IMO.

another alternative is josh fraser, at 26 (again IF FIT, J.Boy throw some concern in his current injury but by and large he has been VERY robust over his career) is FAR FAR better than hudson or jolly, he's a better ruckman and far better around the ground, will play for at least 6 or 7 years more depending on the severety of his back injury.

midfielders = adcock is on the market but he wont be cheap, definately quality there, but brisbane will bleed anyclub for him.

wouldn't bother with bongboy from melbourne, he's just another soft outside midfielder and frankly we dont need that, fiora IMO is harder than him.

sherman = big question marks on him. rubbish season in 07 after an exciitng season in 06, one year wonder?

given we have only 1 pick 9 and cant trade it several times like carlton seem tob e doing, nor do we have access to the PSD I would be very dissapointed if we went for anyone too old with no long term returns or someone who will walk straight into the st kilda wing of the epworth.

SHUT UP KRIME!
peter lockwood
Club Player

What would you be willing to give up for Haselby and would that satisfy Freo?

brewski
Club Player

Would be happy to pick up a proven Gun FF with pick 9 instead of the gambling on a kid that could be a dud

Banned by the censors
eppo67
Club Player

What do y guys think about a straight swap WATTS for Fev.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'd be rapt seeing Fav come over.

I've been joking with a mate of mine who is a Blues fan about the fact we've accidentally broken Hamill and now need another Full forward so we're taking Fev. (ps: I am joking about Hamill by the way. If Fev can bring over the same discipline and direction that Hamill brought over with him, we'll have one lethal weapon on our forward line who'll rip games to bits!) The Blues didn't have the delivery through the midfield like we do. Fev will have a picnic IMHO!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!