Grand final :( - are you?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Grand final :( - are you?

going along - because it's an event- and you somehow found tickets

going to watch,
walking the dog
doing the groceries
watching a movie

having a Grand final party
found this link about international Grand final parties- may be of use to those O/S
http://www.afana.com/drupal/taxonomy/term/43?from=0

personally I tend to tape and then watch the entertainment only. the celebratins at end of game just make me sad for the Saints. maybe I'll garden. :?
Last edited by saintbrat on Sat 22 Sep 2007 10:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i will watch it on tellie...through force of habit...really dislike both teams........but i'm a victorian at heart......pity geelong is in victoria....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i usually work at the GF, and i get to watch the 2nd half for free, so its all good!
it doesnt make me sad seeing the saints not playing.....if we wernt good enough to make it, we just have to get over that and hope next year is ours!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

stinger wrote:i will watch it on tellie...through force of habit...really dislike both teams........but i'm a victorian at heart......pity geelong is in victoria....
LOL. Yeah agree there Sting. Not sure what my plans are yet. More then likely will put myself thru watching it. Happy to see Port win, for obvious reasons...... :roll: (thinks back 24 hours).

stinger
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
stinger wrote:i will watch it on tellie...through force of habit...really dislike both teams........but i'm a victorian at heart......pity geelong is in victoria....
LOL. Yeah agree there Sting. Not sure what my plans are yet. More then likely will put myself thru watching it. Happy to see Port win, for obvious reasons...... :roll: (thinks back 24 hours).
bad luck mate...good effort by your team.....they are fighters.....frazer would have made a difference.....

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Yeah not meaning to hijack the thread but we had a crack that's all I can say and very proud. They r good side are "girlong". No complaints here. Cheers mate.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

so you should be...they don't turn it up in the 4th..even if they are behind...unlike a certain team dear to my heart.....

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

cant stand whoever wins now.

i suppose ill be favouring geelong a little because of my victorian bias.

having said that, ill be favouring port because they're not geelong.

whatever happens ill be watching it. havent missed a grand final since 89 i think..

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:cant stand whoever wins now.
It gets worse with bloody Manly getting through tonight.

If the Eels get up tomorrow it will make a quaddie of horrible teams playing in Grand Finals.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I will be going as I always do and that is supporting an interstate side. Reason is simple, one dont read about it as much in the Vic papers if they win, that is pure jealousy two have hated Vic sides a lot longer than interstate side. Go Pt Adelaide.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
n1ck wrote:cant stand whoever wins now.
It gets worse with bloody Manly getting through tonight.

If the Eels get up tomorrow it will make a quaddie of horrible teams playing in Grand Finals.
pfft - the parra's will get smashed tomorrow and the Storm will demolish the silvertail toffs from the peninsula.

All I can say about the GF is go you good thing Cats.

Have been by far the best team all year. Played wonderful attacking football, and your bloody supporters deserve a flag after 44 years.

2008 it will be Saints 2009 it will by Dogs, and 2010 the Dees.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:26am, edited 1 time in total.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Go not Geelong!

I will be barracking for Geelong to lose rather than for Port to win. Just could not stand for the bastards to win a flag before us.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Will hope to be there, pending getting tickets.

Been to a few GF's (95,97,00,01,02,06) and just the spectacle of the day is worth going along for.

Usually jump onto one side, whether it be because of family, friends, or a general dislike of one team.

Unfortunately, wish to see Port win next weekend... Could not bear to see Thompson on the podium with that grin on his mug.

PS: And Go Manly... if the Storm get over the Eels first that is... Couldn't bear living in Melbourne having to listen to all these fair weathered supporters going on about Whatshisname and Youknowhim bringing home the Cup :roll:

They walk amongst us...

my les foote
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:i usually work at the GF, and i get to watch the 2nd half for free, so its all good!
Good to see Adrian Anderson posting here

Win it for HIM!
The Peanut
Club Player

TV
stinger wrote:.....pity geelong is in victoria....
:lol:

I am not all that parachial about Geelong and it would be comforting to see bummer go down in his glory year . . . and as a big bonus . . . the next week the bummers announce that bummer had accepted their coaching job. - now that to me is GOLD.

GO PORT

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

after watching the port players carry on like the dockers after the game im hopeing for a nil all draw !!!
nah im slightly favoring geelong cause i cant stand the port song but your right i dont think there would be any worse combos then port v geelong granny

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/