SEN Update !! - Butterss attempts to delay EGM

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SEN Update !! - Butterss attempts to delay EGM

I heard on one of the SEN updates around 5.50pm today that SFF now had 7,500 proxies and that Rod Butterss was trying to stop the EGM from going ahead.

Can someone shed some light on this? !!

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

[quote]Media Release
“Outrageous bid by current Board to hijack SKFF EGMâ€

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
bungiton
SS Life Member

Got to be bull Eastern, I'm told Rod wouldn't do ANYTHING to deprive fans the democratic rights to vote at an EGM :wink: :lol:

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Thanks OWTS

My question to RB & his team would be;

Is this being driven by passion or ego? !!
Last edited by Eastern on Fri 21 Sep 2007 7:55pm, edited 2 times in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:Got to be bull Eastern, I'm told Rod wouldn't do ANYTHING to deprive fans the democratic rights to vote at an EGM :wink: :lol:
Bulltish Bungiton, we were arguing something specific.

If Butters does this type of crap it is indeed denying the members the right to vote.

It better be crap or he p.rick can just F*** off.

there will be no stopping him from getting the flick.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bungiton
SS Life Member

Well when his decision to allow the AFL to decide who our board should be, he decided to use any means possible to cling to power.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Its not crap.

Guaranteed.

bungiton
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
bungiton wrote:Got to be bull Eastern, I'm told Rod wouldn't do ANYTHING to deprive fans the democratic rights to vote at an EGM :wink: :lol:
Bulltish Bungiton, we were arguing something specific.

If Butters does this type of crap it is indeed denying the members the right to vote.

It better be crap or he p.rick can just F*** off.

there will be no stopping him from getting the flick.
Specifically just another process where the membership are treated like clowns as Butterss attempts to stop a LEGAL process. Doesn't this little manouvre seem to substantiatte the thoughts Butterss offered his AFL solution because he though the AFL might just favour him for his known ability to roll over and do as he is told?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:Well when his decision to allow the AFL to decide who our board should be, he decided to use any means possible to cling to power.
Cant you understand that they are two different issues????

One was the AFl had no power to intervene.

However if the above is true, the slimy spiv is indeed attempting to cling to power at the expense of giving the embers a vote.

He may delay the EGM, but he wont be able to stop it forever. And he will be gone, no doubt about it.

Absolutely disgusted if this is true. So much for"best interests of the STKFC".

The EGM wont be stopped but the blood letting will continue. The better not block Gdanksi from calling this EGM.

This is disgraceful if correct.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

is this the final last grasp effort by RB ??
i feel his time is up
if thats a good thing or not thats still to be seen

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Its not crap.

Guaranteed.
n1ck!!

Over time you will come to understand bungiton's sarcastic wit :roll: :wink: !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:Specifically just another process where the membership are treated like clowns as Butterss attempts to stop a LEGAL process. Doesn't this little manouvre seem to substantiatte the thoughts Butterss offered his AFL solution because he though the AFL might just favour him for his known ability to roll over and do as he is told?
All of that is heresay and anyway the AFl cant dictate who runs the STKFC.

This however is boardroom manouvring and will only delay the inevitable.

The EGM has to be held on 23rd October.

Preferably we are all denied a vote and Butters and his board of spivs just resign :D :wink:

Otherwise take it to the members Butters it is our club not you farking plaything to keep forever.

However i would temper this little rant by saying that the media release was from the FFS, so the propoganda machine and spi is on fully cycle, do I will wait to if it is correct.

But if it is.............. :twisted:

Lance or James??

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

if the AFL take over st kilda to block an election I am out as a member.

I said earlier i would support RB if he was elected Saints first if they win (before the apparant landslide it seems to be now), i have made it clear I dont like the way we played in 07, nor do I have particular faith in RL, but I would support the saints with membership in 08 anyway.

however if we become a puppet of dimwit, im out.

sorry but that and cousins coming to the saints is a no no for me.

I can't stand f.ebola and I think he is a pharkcking idiot and I don't want him at st kilda but even that wont prevent me buying a membership.

dimwit would.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The EGM has to be held on 23rd October.

However i would temper this little rant by saying that the media release was from the FFS, so the propoganda machine and spi is on fully cycle, do I will wait to if it is correct.

But if it is.............. :twisted:
As scarey as it sounds joffaboy, I think we both agree that this chyt fight has to end on 23 October. The longer it goes on the more damage it is doing to our "Brand" !!

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Rob...you've had your go now, for the good of the club, move on.

It's time to go...

bungiton
SS Life Member

[quote]The five directors proposed to be removed under Mr Gdanski’s Notice, voted for two of them to form a sub-committee. Extraordinarily this sub-committee’s has appointed itself to determine all aspects of Mr Gdanksi’s own meeting, including whether to even call it or not.

They have also directed the St Kilda Football Club Company Secretary and Chief Executive to have no input unless the sub-committee requires. Further, the sub-committee has refused the Company Secretary and Chief Executive to appoint the services of lawyer Richard Loveridge as an independent person to decide all matters.
It is standard practice that any Notice by a Board is issued by the Company Secretary, who, in the case at St Kilda is the Club’s Chief Financial Officer.

“It is outrageous that over 7,500 members who, in one week, have demonstrated their desire for change by backing the SFF ticket, have been ignored,â€

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

This is crap by RB.

He has totally now lost any respect I've had for the man.

Once SFF take over the running of our club, I sincerely hope RB is blacklisted from becoming a member in 2008.

Disgraceful conduct IMO.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yep, if true I was leaning 55/45 to the challengeres, now its 100% to the challengers, I'll wait for something more official though.

SHUT UP KRIME!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:This is crap by RB.

Once SFF take over the running of our club, I sincerely hope RB is blacklisted from becoming a member in 2008.

Disgraceful conduct IMO.
So you absolutely know it is true do you?

Nothing like going off half cocked. :roll: :roll:

Everyone on here has tempered it with a big "if". All sides of the debate agree if it is true it is a dead set disgrace.

But we are all prepared to wait ad see if it is true. All except you. Why am i not suprised though :roll:

Lance or James??

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, a bit light on for specifics IMO, although the silence from the incumbents is defeaning.

Won't believe this until I see confirmation, but if true then that's it.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:yep, if true I was leaning 55/45 to the challengeres, now its 100% to the challengers, I'll wait for something more official though.
Yup agree. I was not going to voe for either but the challengers will get my vote if this is true.

Lance or James??

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:This is crap by RB.

Disgraceful conduct IMO.
So you absolutely know it is true do you?

Nothing like going off half cocked. :roll: :roll:

Everyone on here has tempered it with a big "if". All sides of the debate agree if it is true it is a dead set disgrace.

But we are all prepared to wait ad see if it is true. All except you. Why am i not suprised though :roll:
Well I'm assuming it's true obviously!

What a stupid thing to say - of course if it's not true it's a different story.

RB hasn't the best track record of late....tell me - who should I believe - Westaway or RB??

Who do you have more trust in at the moment???

bungiton
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:yep, if true I was leaning 55/45 to the challengeres, now its 100% to the challengers, I'll wait for something more official though.
Yup agree. I was not going to voe for either but the challengers will get my vote if this is true.
Oh boy, all this arguing about the rights to a democratic voice and you chose not to use it :P :lol:

If this is true, and I quote IF, it justifies the decision I had already come to. The SFF, regardless of opinion either way, have the rights to issue a challenge, the attempts to pervert this right are disgusting.

It demonstrates that the president and his merry little cliche of business partners are doing whatever they can to hold on to power. The overwhelming wieght of proxies recieved might just have made them jump to a decision made in haste, to try for whatever reason to try and hold off the inevitable.

To order that a mailout be delayed or not undertaken at all to ensure the members aren't notified appropriately of an EGM is just a tad pathetic.

So much for a smooth transition, no interruption to coaching, drafting, trading decisions looming. This little cliche must have an alternative motive for trying to remain in charge of the place.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

chasing footballs troublemakers, recruiting old players on the verge off or already retired, dodgy boardroom shuffles, trading away players for short term gains :(, coaches being sacked because the prez doesn't like the way he criticises his new GF...madness :(

SHUT UP KRIME!
JeffDunne

May as well save myself some time and simply quote what I posted Tuesday
JeffDunne wrote:What surprises me is the lack of activity from the incumbents.

That is, other than meeting with their legal representatives.

They seem to be focusing on torpedoing the challenge rather than winning the hearts and minds of the members. Inactivity is what has led to a challenge and it looks like inactivity will cost them any chance of winning it.

It will be a disgrace if the incumbents hold their position by denying the members a say. It will also lead to further instability and probably the loss of 1000's of members. Let's hope they get on to selling their message rather than trying to deny members a chance to have their say.