One for the "Captain Obvious" file.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne

One for the "Captain Obvious" file.

Essendon captain Matthew Lloyd said yesterday in a radio interview that Sheedy's successor would be "a younger coach".

Somehow I don't think there would be a lot of prospective coaches older than Sheeds, especially after Methuselah withdrew his application.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

mattly lloyd also added "preferably someone who was still alive and hopefully could tell me where I parked my car, I've been here since the end of the season and can't find my way out of hte locker room PLEASE WONT SOMEONE HELP ME"

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

He also basically called Greg Denham a 'liar' this morning on SEN, because Denham said Lloyd had said that both Ryder and Gumbleton were available for a swap with WCE.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Anyone else think Lloyd tries a bit too hard to look and sound like a leader.

Doesn't help that he's not the most intelligent or interesting poppett out there.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

You failed to add that Lloyd confirmed this only on hearing of the passing of Jock McHale and that Tom Haffey and Ron Barrassi had ruled themselves out of the position.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:You failed to add that Lloyd confirmed this only on hearing of the passing of Jock McHale and that Tom Haffey and Ron Barrassi had ruled themselves out of the position.
to be fair to him he did think jock mchale was the lead guitarist for ACDC, tom Hafey released achy breaky heart when he was a teenager and Ron Barrassi is the valley is South Australia where Hird gets the wine from for when he goes round there for dinner.

SHUT UP KRIME!
GrumpyOne

Dan Warna wrote:and Ron Barrassi is the valley is South Australia where Hird gets the wine from for when he goes round there for dinner.
Strong robust vintage that leaves a tickle on the lips and tongue?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:and Ron Barrassi is the valley is South Australia where Hird gets the wine from for when he goes round there for dinner.
Strong robust vintage that leaves a tickle on the lips and tongue?
i think we were coming back from Vic Park down hoddle street and sydney had finished a game at the MCG and we could smell the booze on barrassi from 25 metres away or more...

he was walking across with his clipboard to what looked like the cricketers arms and he was fully tanked...on a day he was supposed to be coaching.

brilliant work that :lol:

SHUT UP KRIME!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Bill Stephen, still dark about being passed over in 1980 for Sheedy, is putting his submission to the club this week.

Instead of powerpoint presentations and key performance indicators, his submission will be in carbon paper triplicate, with liquid paper over the typing mistakes.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Bill Stephen, still dark about being passed over in 1980 for Sheedy, is putting his submission to the club this week.

Instead of powerpoint presentations and key performance indicators, his submission will be in carbon paper triplicate, with liquid paper over the typing mistakes.
damn getting liquid paper of LCD monitors is difficult :(

SHUT UP KRIME!
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:He also basically called Greg Denham a 'liar' this morning on SEN, because Denham said Lloyd had said that both Ryder and Gumbleton were available for a swap with WCE.
Well Denham works for the Australian so basically the sledgehammer was right on that.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

redwhite&blackblood wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:He also basically called Greg Denham a 'liar' this morning on SEN, because Denham said Lloyd had said that both Ryder and Gumbleton were available for a swap with WCE.
Well Denham works for the Australian so basically the sledgehammer was right on that.
I'm actually surprized it took over 200 views and 8 posts before someone brought that up. :)

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

A guy I work with was at a restaurant recently, and three Essendon players were at the next table. From all reports, these guys were less than compimentary about their former coach. One of the players was an extremely high-profile player of impeccable character and another was a disgruntled ruckman.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

hille, hird....and who else......????

...let me guess....timmy's son.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.