How did you find out about Saintsational.com?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:
saintdooley wrote:saints chat
yea same! i think saintbrat was who alerted me to ss as most of the posters would refer to articles published on ss!
Sure about that?? That would mean that there actually was football discussed in saints chat...not a very common occurence in the lil while I spent hanging around there LOL 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

...On the Internet.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
yea same! i think saintbrat was who alerted me to ss as most of the posters would refer to articles published on ss!
Sure about that?? That would mean that there actually was football discussed in saints chat...not a very common occurence in the lil while I spent hanging around there LOL 8-)
lol, yeah, bratty sent me here, and now im addicted!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Natural progression from the old saints site when Timmy was coach, Disco Stu would rock you, Nana would make her coleslaw, Spur would eat out of the dumpster at the back of the local McDonalds and there were stalkers aplenty!
The old saints forum was brilliant!
As good as Saintsational is it you'll never match the old forum.

Them were the days SEN! :lol: :lol: who were you then?

Wonder is dear old Nan is still alive and what became of Spur? :shock:
Remember Lucinda and the shimmering dress? rrrrrrrrr :)

Some very funny moments in those unregulated days on thre forum.

And posters such as... Majority, Waiting for Joel, George, Quizmaster, Arrogant and loving it to name but a few, some are still here under different names.

From the old forum still here and under the same names are Joffaboy, Dan Warner, Stinger, HSV, Eastern, Roger, Loris, Karnaby, Davo 27, Fireman, St.Mart just to name a few.

I posted on the old forum from about '97 to closure in '99 (Anyone remmber jars in '97?).

Found this site on a link somewhere maybe in 2003 or thereabout.
Agree re the old forum Joff - was a lot funnier too.

“Yeah….nah””
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Natural progression from the old saints site when Timmy was coach, Disco Stu would rock you, Nana would make her coleslaw, Spur would eat out of the dumpster at the back of the local McDonalds and there were stalkers aplenty!
The old saints forum was brilliant!
As good as Saintsational is it you'll never match the old forum.

Them were the days SEN! :lol: :lol: who were you then?

Wonder is dear old Nan is still alive and what became of Spur? :shock:
Remember Lucinda and the shimmering dress? rrrrrrrrr :)

Some very funny moments in those unregulated days on thre forum.

And posters such as... Majority, Waiting for Joel, George, Quizmaster, Arrogant and loving it to name but a few, some are still here under different names.

From the old forum still here and under the same names are Joffaboy, Dan Warner, Stinger, HSV, Eastern, Roger, Loris, Karnaby, Davo 27, Fireman, St.Mart just to name a few.

I posted on the old forum from about '97 to closure in '99 (Anyone remmber jars in '97?).

Found this site on a link somewhere maybe in 2003 or thereabout.
Agree re the old forum Joff - was a lot funnier too.
I don't recall a Teflon on the old site, what nic did you post under ??

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
crowjelly
Club Player

Didn't Gortex pre-date Teflon - or are they both carcigens?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

crowjelly wrote:Didn't Gortex pre-date Teflon - or are they both carcigens?
:lol: Gortex is actually useful...
When Teflon is heated the developing fumes produce in exposed humans an influenza-like syndrome (polymer fume fever) or also severe toxic effects like pulmonary edema, pneumonitis and death. The decomposition products and the resulting health effects are temperature-dependent. The toxic effects seem to be related to the ultrafine particulate fraction of the fume. To test the hypothesis that exposure to ultrafine particles results in an increased interstitialization of the particles which is accompanied by an acute pathological inflammation, rats were exposed to titanium dioxide (TiO2) particles by intratracheal instillation and by inhalation. Both acute intratracheal instillation and subchronic inhalation studies on rats show that ultrafine TiO2 particles (~20 nm diameter) access the pulmonary interstitium to a larger extent than fine particles (~250 nm diameter) and that they elicit an inflammatory response as indicated by PMN increase in lavaged cells. The release of ultrafine particles into the air of an enclosed environment from a thermodegradation event or from other sources is a potential hazard for astronauts. Knowing the mechanisms of action is a prerequisite for technical or medical countermeasures.
Happy frying !

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:
Do't tell me you're actually complaining?! You used to LOVE all the times wed be talking about music etc etc...

anyway, I heard about SS by listening to Moose and DSG on the old Saints Radio show on 927. Man I miss that show. Jumped on here after hearing about it a couple of times in 05. Just before the Prelim against sydney. :evil:

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
crannypete
Club Player

battye wrote:Fora (and forums) is the plural of forum, ie. a collection of forums.

dude forum is a latin word and withl latin words the singular ending in um and the plural ending in a

like the singular of data is datum so if you only have one piece of informatiom that is a datum this is what my lawyer bernie the attorney telled me and also i know about datum because when i ring him up i can only remember one thing at a time so if i have three things to tell him i have to ring three times so he calls me datum

if you say datum crannypete it sounds like that race at the valley on the weekdn the dato nam ching tong whateever

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

crannypete wrote:
battye wrote:Fora (and forums) is the plural of forum, ie. a collection of forums.

dude forum is a latin word and withl latin words the singular ending in um and the plural ending in a

like the singular of data is datum so if you only have one piece of informatiom that is a datum this is what my lawyer bernie the attorney telled me and also i know about datum because when i ring him up i can only remember one thing at a time so if i have three things to tell him i have to ring three times so he calls me datum

if you say datum crannypete it sounds like that race at the valley on the weekdn the dato nam ching tong whateever
its funny that someone with such poor grammer would know stuff like that ;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Was thinking the very same thing. :roll:

crannypete
Club Player

my lawyer had to study latin at school and he teached me some while we sitting around waiting for courts and things there is a lot of waiting time

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

:roll: Fair dinkum, hokum act. Gets very boring very quick.

Interesting when you sent me a PM the other week it contained no spelling or grammar mistakes. In fact, you'd think it was written by someone else!! :shock:

Some of your crap is funny. 93.7% of it is repetitive, boring claptrap.

Have a nice day.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
GrumpyOne

SENsaintsational wrote::roll: Fair dinkum, hokum act. Gets very boring very quick.

Interesting when you sent me a PM the other week it contained no spelling or grammar mistakes. In fact, you'd think it was written by someone else!! :shock:

Some of your crap is funny. 93.7% of it is repetitive, boring claptrap.

Have a nice day.
Aw c'mon SSS, I bet you get your jollies running around telling little kids that there is no Santa Claus.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Interesting you should reply GO. Very interesting.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
GrumpyOne

SENsaintsational wrote:Interesting you should reply GO. Very interesting.
No truth in that rumour, dude. :wink:

Saints94
SS Life Member

it was good looking on here :wink:

claystreet
Club Player

was looking for info on the SFF current board fisty
and googled it up

8-)

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I overheard a couple of blokes refer to it in a pub before a game in Geelong. Must have been Circa 2004. I think the pub is now owned by Billy Brownless.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

think i stumbled on to it by typing st kilda football club into google. now i have an addiction that i can't shake

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

lol, i love these type of topics. Well I read about it through that horrible rag "Inside Football"and also found it mentioned on sainters say and I kept meaning to check it out but never actually did until the game we smashed melbourne by 88 points at the G in 2005.

I flew under the radar with my first few posts (and I still am 8-) :wink: ) before I outraged nearly everyone on the site with a thread titled "Too Much Negativity"

One poster in particular said because I wasn't a paid up member, I basically wasn't entitled to my opinion. Luckily, one AOK was there to tell me that unfortunately this site had its share of posters whp wee like that and to not worry abotu them and properly welcome me to saintsational.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
haha yea at times there was the odd footy discussion, although at times it was about a player and "ohh i love him, he's hot" that kinda rabble! lol

Go saints in '09!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

I ran into Damo after having a few buckets and we got talking about football fan websites. After a few more buckets, several harsh words and a couple of punches thrown I told him that his idea was f@rking pish and that my profound and glorious concept on starting a forum and calling it Saintsation was far superior. :twisted: :wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

it seems we have a new group of posters arriving on SS and am wondering how they found out about Saintsational.

some archived pages appear
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20021101 ... tional.com
find one of the dates and you can follow some links .

Ie sept 2002
http://web.archive.org/web/200209300136 ... ional.com/

hit impatient if you can't wait.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Back of a toliet door !!! said " chat with desperate horny like minded individuals " yet to encounter any horny ones !