Ok Tell me me why FF is an outstanding Ticket

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ok Tell me me why FF is an outstanding Ticket

I have seen a number of forumites stating that FF has assembled an outstanding team. Why????

Personally I also think the current Board lacks in some of the areas that you need to run St Kilda.

But from what I can see the FF ticket is no "Dream team" either.

Essentially the Saints are in the entertainment business these day...YES we all want to win the Premiership...but if you want to be a STRONG & VIABLE club then you MUST prosper as an Entertainment Business.

This is in large part why Eddie has been so successful in making the Pies a lot LOT stronger financially that they were we he first became President.

This is why when I first saw the FF ticket the one that caught my eye was Dana. She has part of the knowledge that we require...not ALL of it , but she will ceratainlly add valuable expertise

But in terms of understanding the "Entertainment" the rest are basically lacking.

While number are successful in business....they are not knowledgeable of the entertainment industry.

Guiding the Saints in this field will bea new experience for them. Yes we have lawyers, logistics people, toll road operators etc.......but not much of relevance to Entertainment

Now Chris Brant looks to be a good catch for his experience as a CFO...and you need someone like that on the Board....and yes someone with a legal background too...but you do not need 2.

We have two footballers...and while I can see the merit in having one on the board....2 is an overkill I am afraid.

If FF really wants to take us forward then they will need to invite others on to the Board with more of the skills and capabilities required of the Industry that the Saints are now in..

In the meantime the FF ticket is one which is mixed...it has some members with strong business skills and at least two that are wet behind the ears in terams of BOARD SKILLS.,,,and overall it is lacking in expertise in the Entertainment Industry.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 17 Sep 2007 12:06am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

They are united.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:They are united.
Good point......except for Steve Bedwell who claims that he started FF with Westaway's son but is now excuded (good decision that one though).

However if you cannot be united at the start...when will you be? :wink:

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:50am, edited 1 time in total.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

FF have no credibility and wont get in,in fact i expect this challenge to fizzle out way before the EGM is due to be held.........

Westaway is a joke and has effectively gone to ground,part of this ticket should regroup,recruit some more appropriate candidates and resurface late in 2008 with a new slogan and a real and meaningful agenda,a platform that they can be elected on..

They shouldn't be spruiking the need to sale on the wind financially,at a club that historically struggles to make big profits,in order to provide a winning enviroment.

Someone should bite the bullet and propose to develop Linton Street ,Moorabbin ,instead of pissing into the wind,continuously.....

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I think the main sticking point of FF is that they will be focusing on providing bigger revenue, rather than cutting costs.

I think that once all the hype settles down, that more people will go back to the Butterss led board, but they still have to offer something for the future.

Also, why does FF have no credibility? They have numerous business leaders, ex AFL players who bleed the RW&B, and a QC. No less credibility than RB and co. had when they started.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:I posted this in the messiah thread but thought it worthy of it's own thread

I'm sick of all the BS on this subject.

Every thread is full of half truths and innuendo.

Yesterday I rang and spoke to Greg Westaway. To me he is an up-front, honest and sincere type of bloke.

I contacted him to ask if with all the shite being posted here, along with valid criticims, I asked if he could register and talk to us here tonight, to which he immediately agreed.

Sadly he contatcted me later to apologise that because this was a public and unofficial forum, he was instructed to renege on the deal he made with me.

During our conversation I asked questions pertinent to the major attacks his detractors are posting on here.

We spoke regarding the issue of Burkie being the public face of the SFF campaign, He informed me that Burkie was sick to the guts in his period as a player and member of the coaching staff, regarding the facilities and services available for players. The playing group had nowhere near the resources needed to be competitive in this competition. Also Greg is a very private individual who highly values his privacy, He is sacrificing a lot to lead this ticket. A man who values obscurity to give his privacy up to run for a fanciful ticket for his own worth, I think not.

I spoke of the concerns raised by Joffaboy about how they were going to start a flood of unfunded spending. This is one area the new ticket are certainly not going to go blindly or spend just for the sake of spending.

They do have detailed plans for where monies will be spent as well as detailed plans for increasing memberships, sponsorship and revenue. A number of groups are willing to back this ticket with sponsorship on the proviso they are elected. It's interesting that these parties are not approaching the current board, seems sponsorship money is there on the proviso the current board aren't the ones managing it.
I spoke at length to Greg, found him to be very approachable, very dedicated to the saints and not the fiend he is being portrayed by the media or sections of this board. I get the impression he would rather not be doing this, after all he stressed a few times during our conversation how much he values his privacy, he's gotten to the point a lot of people had arrived at long before the challenge appeared, being that the current board was fractured, stagnating and innefective, with little vision for the future and that change was neccessary for this club to go forward.

If you get the opportunity, hat to the man, you'll realise his ambition is for the club, the people assembled for this challenge are dedicated proffessionals hoping to raise this club further than the pathetic infighting and rubbish it was presented with this year.