Zero Tolerance - for Collingwood Supporters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

crowjelly
Club Player

Zero Tolerance - for Collingwood Supporters

HSV - Is the Sticky at the top of the message board still relevant?

The Budgie's performance last night on our forum broke most of the rules you have set out.

I don't mind copping a bit from a fellow Saints member / supporter, but it's beyond the pale to be copping it from a black & white budgie!

I see a lot of his posts have been edited to remove the abuse - he has earned himself a month on the pine IMHO.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Hi

I felt that way too...I felt he kinda abused the privilege of being on here... I was quite angry at his posts, actually.

And then I recalled that less than a week ago, he came out very publicly on this forum about currently experiencing bipolar disorder. He had been too depressed to go to see the Pies play the week before, as I recall. And then he acted quite... actually, quite manic last night. And it kinda clicked for me... this is someone having a manic episode. And a lot of things made sense.

So, I think he is accountable for his actions, and also his behaviour can be understood in the context of a mental illness which can affect every aspect of your life, including the way you interact with others on an internet forum.

So, for mine, an apology, a promise to stay on the meds, a bit of self-reflection on his part, and a bit of understanding (of the illness) on the part of us would probably be sufficient.

Cheers
Mark

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

:shock:

In that case, I have Tourette's syndrome.

And I reckon Budgie is a f****** c*** who sucks Eddie's c*** all the live long day, and as far as I'm concerned he can shove his f****** gloating fair up his f****** a***.

Please show me some understanding. This illness is a curse, it truly is.
Last edited by Riewoldting on Sat 15 Sep 2007 9:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

A promise to stay on the meds?? Oh gimme a break!!!!!

JPBFC has earned himself some credits. Hes easily the most easy-going, rational and pleasant opposition supporter we have visit here. His crime?? Hes had a few bevvies after an historic win by his team and come on here for a bit of a stir. Plenty of Saints fans have done the same here and caused mischief after a loss.

I'm very confident he'll pop on soon enough and say sorry He certainly strikes me as the kind of bloke who would. That apology will be accepted and he will be free to continue to post.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

I agree saint66 i know i would of done the same.
The only thing that pisses me off is they can beat sydney and west coast but cant beat adelaide for us lol :roll:

my les foote
Club Player

saint66au wrote: JPBFC has earned himself some credits. Hes easily the most easy-going, rational and pleasant opposition supporter we have visit here. His crime?? Hes had a few bevvies after an historic win by his team and come on here for a bit of a stir. Plenty of Saints fans have done the same here and caused mischief after a loss.

I'm very confident he'll pop on soon enough and say sorry He certainly strikes me as the kind of bloke who would. That apology will be accepted and he will be free to continue to post.
Nobody can earn themselves that many credits. He was abusive of our club, our history, our players and our supporters. There are any number of sites where opposition can go and abuse the Saints, this shouldn't be one of them.

Win it for HIM!
HarveysDeciple

Exactly what 66 said :wink:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I just re-read the GF thread and the PM I sent JPBFC a few days back.

I don't give a toss about him being banned, just hope he's okay and not feeling too bad. It is just an Internet Forum FFS, but these things can contribute significantly to the problem, which is shared by so many people who you would never pick.

66au, you are right, he always seems to come back on and apologise - I know I've had a few PM's with him over differences doing just that.

Cheers

IC

crowjelly
Club Player

Riewoldting that is Revolting.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

yeah up until last night, the budge was one of my favourite posters. its not a big deal, good on the pies

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

It was a big deal, his posts were full of abuse, profanities, the odd threat & he thought it was amusing to slag off at this club. Didn't appreciate having to clean it up this morning. I notice he hasn't slunk back on here to offer apologies yet. Regardless of his current state of mind, it was uncalled for. This is a Saints forum for Saints supporters to voice an opinion. If it offends supporters of other clubs that's too bad. They should read Big Footy instead. :roll:

my les foote
Club Player

Well said sg!

Good to see at least one of the mods has actually read the posts before jumping in and defending a Pies fan for abusing our forum.

Win it for HIM!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

I agree with the above post...

JPFC's behaviour was way out of line last night.

The only thing worse that a sore loser is a bad winner.

I don't care what disorder he claims to have that is no excuse for that carry-on last night.

It only serves to strenghten the poor reputation that is bestowed upon Collingwood fans.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:It was a big deal, his posts were full of abuse, profanities, the odd threat & he thought it was amusing to slag off at this club. Didn't appreciate having to clean it up this morning. I notice he hasn't slunk back on here to offer apologies yet. Regardless of his current state of mind, it was uncalled for. This is a Saints forum for Saints supporters to voice an opinion. If it offends supporters of other clubs that's too bad. They should read Big Footy instead. :roll:
Didn't see the pre-cleaned snoop. :cry:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

is a tool

it would be alright debating/arguing with someone who is respectful and isn't a full blown moron (like most Saints supporters on here), but he is neither of those

its time to go

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Q5
Club Player

:oops:

Sorry Les - hadn't read the unedited posts - was just glad to see he was in a 'better' frame of mind than last week.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Hi

Please don't think I was defending him - I was trying to put his behavior in context, not defend it.

And regarding the meds comment - if he goes off the meds, then you will see that kind of manic misbehaviour magnified. Hence the reason why I would essentially demand it.

Don't get me wrong - it really annoyed me. I said that. I just spent some time wondering "why", and the bipolar disorder came to mind.

By the way, on the issue of Tourette's Syndrome, most people with it make nonsensical noises (grunts, etc) rather than swear. And to have Tourette's you also have to have physical symptoms - ticks. I've met two different people with that disorder. Hell of a thing to have.

I once worked in a disability field, that's why I think of these things. But that doesn't mean I excuse every form of bad behaviour.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

don't forget the involuntary hand movements.

strauchanie
Club Player

Lol, so when Poochy (apparently a Saints member?) writes off the club he gets banned, but when a Pies supporter comes into our forum and bags our club, it's players and it's history, the mods write posts defending him.

Now i see what people mean when they say we have a loser culture :roll: :roll:

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Now i havent seen what he wrote that night, i wasnt home and only know whats been said in here, but, the difference is that nobody has seen any proof that Poochy is actually human. Ever since the start he continually bagged the club and was generally negative.

JPBFC on the other hand has been forthcoming, gracious and generally very pleasant in his posts here - despite being a collingwood fan.

Like i said, i dont know what he said, so thats all i have to add to this topic!

markinUSA
SS Life Member

And if you're referring to me ... of course, I'm not a mod, nor am I 100% actually committed to the idea that he shouldn't get banned... Just thinking about the context of his remarks. For what it's worth.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Strauchanie, I don't think I, as one of the mods, wrote any post defending him, I'm all in favour of him being banned if he doesn't come forth with a public apology.

Poochy, on the other hand, was banned for his derrogatory comments about another poster on here after being given many many chances.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I like him. Fair minded and knows his place as a guest poster.

I'd love to have a few more guests who can give an opposition perspective - on our matters and their matters - on this board.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

crowjelly
Club Player

HSV the solution to this dilemna is straightforward -

1. Given the Budgies declared condition (being a Pie fan) I'm prepared to accept an apology for the personal abuse

2. Please have the Mods(Snoopy Girl excepted) read all the unedited posts before they pass judgements on posters

3. Change the Zero Tolerance Policy to a 3 Strikes Policy!

CJ

Richter
SS Life Member

I tend to think that Mark is on the money here. It was a very touching thread that JPBFC started last week on mental illness - then last night a very out-of-character attack on our club and one poster, The Dud, in particular.

These two things fit with the an idealization/denigration pattern that is a primitive psychological defence mechanism that people can exhibit when going through particularly stressful situations. It also demonstrates the poor judgment and the risk of alienation from others that is classic of the sort of disinhibition shown by people who are undergoing manic episodes (or mixed affective relapses).

If that is indeed the case then I wish you well JPBFC and hope that you continue to post here when you're next able.

Anyhow, that aside, I agree that JPBFC has enough credits to be offered the opportunity to craft an apology and be given a warning rather than be banned outright. He is (usually) an insightful and respectful poster.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...