Turmoil and Messy?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Turmoil and Messy?

It's interesting to read that people are suggesting this Board challenge is sending us into turmoil and instability.

The suggestion is from some, that the club doesn't need this as we're in the best shape we've ever been in off the field.

I'm not so sure.

We don't have a home. Everyone surely must agree that the way this was handled was a joke.

Steven Baker. The debacle that was our 'defence' may well have been a reason we aren't playing this weekend. And don't forget, he misses the first 5 games of next year too!!!

Clearly at least 2 current Board members weren't happy. Hardly suggests stability.

We have lost great people from the club. Quality sporting administrators have walked out.

Membership is well down. How the hell can this happen with the product we have?

Yet again, for the 4th year in a row - injuries cost us a year. Now we hear that we have spent less than most clubs on injury prevention and training facilities.

We still have archaic training facilities.

Our President won't keep his head out of the papers. He has embarrassed the club severely over the past 12 months - and continues to do so.

We have lost major sponsors.

Our coach is unhappy with his football manager.

The football manager puts players up for trade without a coach even being appointed.

We sack a coach who has had us in finals for 3 years - yet don't find a replacement until trade week has already begun!

Then on top of all the above, our Pres has the audacity to brag about $1m profits.

Any one of the above debacles would be enough to question the leadership of the club. But every one of them has happened within the past 12 months!!

We aren't heading into turmoil - we're trying to address it before we implode completely!!!

Right now, Mark Latham and Steve Bedwell could come forward with a challenge to this current admin and be seriously considered.

For those who say 'when things are going so well, why change?' I agree.

The problem is here, things are very, very far from going Ok.

Change is needed. Now.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

If anyone is making this look like turmoil and messy it is the media and the likes of Fatpryk Smith.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Do you really need to keep starting new threads on the same topic?

There's too many threads unnecessarily started on this board and too many that are started in an attempt to highlight one's personal opinion -
sorry Rodger...according to Jeff Dunne there is a limit to how many posts you can start on the Board Challenge....as JD is always fair and balanced I fully expect him to come on here and advise you that you are a naughty boy for posting your opinion in several new posts.

Now I don't have a problem....but what JD says on numbers of posts started must be right??????
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:59am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

signing up all the unsigned players...ie x, baker and goose might have helped our rod's cause...but they can't even do that ffs..... :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Thu 13 Sep 2007 11:43am, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
killa_gram
Club Player

For me it's like getting on with Chemo before the Cancer spreads. I don't think we are in turmoil yet, however we have started down that path. Time for a dose of medicine from a new board. It seems we have become immune to the medicine of the old board.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

killa_gram wrote:For me it's like getting on with Chemo before the Cancer spreads.
Well you better take a leap of faith and hope the cure isn't worse than the disease.
Last edited by joffaboy on Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:59am, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:sorry Rodger...according to Jeff Dunne there is a limit to how many posts you can start on the Board Challenge....as JD is always fair and balanced I fully expect him to come on here and advise you that you are a naughty boy for posting your opinion in several new posts.

Now I don't have a problem....but what JD says on numbers of posts started must be right??????
How many have I started on this topic?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I actually enjoy many of your posts Rodger...and can see the difference between them.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Brewer
Club Player

I tend to agree with you rodgerfox. All is not well in paradise, and I don't think simply showing loyalty to RB et al will fix it.

The club is OK financially, and that is appreciated. Some say that we've just got to that point and we should now give Butterss a chance to invest in the areas you mention. I don't agree. I think for things to have got to the point they are suggests that the current admin didn't have a strategy for when the books looked better. They had one priority and apparently couldn't see past it - otherwise we would already be starting to see some effects of the 'turnaround'. It's too little, too late IMO.

I like the look of the new ticket, it feels right to me, but I also agree with those who say we should push them to come up with a bit more substance than we've seen.

Another thing I'd like to know - is how 'clear' is this $1m profit (ie, how they arrived at that figure) and also, what sort of profit are other clubs making these days? $1m may sound impressive but what percentage is it of turnover?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I agree where people are saying that we are trying to avoid pushing the self-destruct button here, nipping the problem in the bud, as it were.

I have no doubt the current admin has done as much as it can and it is now seemingly imploding, which would no doubttake the club right back to the bad old days - this MUST be avoided at all costs.

I have my SFF proxy form with me, and will be mailing it away in the hopes that a vote for change is a positive one and even if the challenge fails it will at least spur the current board into action.

yipper
SS Life Member

If we were not losing sponsors - and seemingly we are incapable of keeping a decent one beyond 1-2 years!!, if good (highly respected) staff were not leaving our organisation, if we were well advanced on the re-development of Moorabbin or any other complex, if Baker had of been afforded an excellent defence and beaten what ought to have been a flimsy charge at the tribunal and if we were not constantly lagging behind in injury management and recruiting networks - then RB would be going ok and there would be no dramas. However, we are experiencing all these issues and this once very stable, well oiled board is now stagnant, divided and indeed, dysfunctional. It's a pity - however, the RB administration will still be treated kindly by history. But it is time to go Rod. You've done your bit and did it well for a long time. Now, however, we are just idling in neutral - time to go forward again. Plenty of opportunity with the new mob to move ahead of the pack at last.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.