charman signs with Brions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

charman signs with Brions

that story is over.

goodish player, overrated by some here, underrated by others.

middle of the road ruckman, but in an era when quality ruckman are rarer than hollywood virgin brisbane have managed to hang on to him.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

well they technically could still trade him

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I don't think they can trade him. I'm pretty sure that they brought in a rule that a player cannot be traded before the 1st year of a new contract.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:I don't think they can trade him. I'm pretty sure that they brought in a rule that a player cannot be traded before the 1st year of a new contract.
the heffernan rule nope never existed and never will there was only ever talk of it.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

he was never leaving...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Which leaves Wood.....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cannot believe he signed. Someone said on here is was going to come back to Melbourne so surely he would have come to the Saints. Are you sure this is correct?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Which leaves Wood.....
this boy is a drunken lout which i have stated before on the forum and i have had to experience

the kid is a tool and in my opinion he is not welcome here

saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Cannot believe he signed. Someone said on here is was going to come back to Melbourne so surely he would have come to the Saints. Are you sure this is correct?

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 42,00.html

Charman agrees to new deal
11 September 2007 Herald Sun
Andrew Hamilton

THE Brisbane Lions have landed their top priority signature, with ruckman Jamie Charman agreeing to a new deal to remain at the club.

The deal - believed to be two years - secures the Lions' ruck stocks for years to come after 2006 draftee Matthew Leuenberger's impressive debut season.

Charman's commitment has shifted attention on to ruck teammate Cameron Wood, who has been watched closely by the Sydney Swans this year.

There have been reports Swans ruckman Darren Jolly is interested in returning to Melbourne to be closer to family. Swans' football manager Andrew Ireland met Jolly's manager Michael Quinlan at the weekend.

"I'll be staying in Brisbane long term, which is fantastic," Charman said yesterday.

Richmond also showed interest in Charman. It is understood former Lion premiership teammate, and Richmond assistant coach, Craig McRae was used as a salesman for the Tigers, who would have had first option on Charman had he allowed his contract to expire and nominated for the draft.

Wood is still contracted to the Lions, while Beau McDonald has a year to run on his contract.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

saintly wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Cannot believe he signed. Someone said on here is was going to come back to Melbourne so surely he would have come to the Saints. Are you sure this is correct?

Andrew Hamilton

THE Brisbane Lions have landed their top priority signature, with ruckman Jamie Charman agreeing to a new deal to remain at the club.

The deal - believed to be two years - secures the Lions' ruck stocks for years to come after 2006 draftee Matthew Leuenberger's impressive debut season.

Charman's commitment has shifted attention on to ruck teammate Cameron Wood, who has been watched closely by the Sydney Swans this year.

There have been reports Swans ruckman Darren Jolly is interested in returning to Melbourne to be closer to family. Swans' football manager Andrew Ireland met Jolly's manager Michael Quinlan at the weekend.

"I'll be staying in Brisbane long term, which is fantastic," Charman said yesterday.

Richmond also showed interest in Charman. It is understood former Lion premiership teammate, and Richmond assistant coach, Craig McRae was used as a salesman for the Tigers, who would have had first option on Charman had he allowed his contract to expire and nominated for the draft.

Wood is still contracted to the Lions, while Beau McDonald has a year to run on his contract.
obviously havent woken up to pluggers sarcasm yet saintly!!

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
this boy is a drunken lout which i have stated before on the forum and i have had to experience

most footy players are

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Sam23
SS Life Member

Can you f*** off?

Seriously?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:
Can you f*** off?

Seriously?
Whats wrong Sam. Cant we have a bit of fun or is this so serious we cannot even joke about it.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Every post you make these days is you being a arrogant prick, just because you are on the inside/have sources from the inside.

Do you seriously believe that you are that fantastic?

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Sam23 wrote:Every post you make these days is you being a arrogant prick, just because you are on the inside/have sources from the inside.

i get a kick out of it sam.... lighten up chief

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:Every post you make these days is you being a arrogant prick, just because you are on the inside/have sources from the inside.

This has nothing to do with who I know or dont know. It is to do with how stupid some and I only mean some of the trades are and if you cannot see that well that is your problem.

I wasnt on the site last year but how many people at this time of year said we would trade for Birss. Come off it there was 9 trades last year and apart from one or two no one knows who will be traded.

By the why I actually think some people realise how studipd some of this talk is and think what I am saying is a bit of fun. Obviously not you though.

PS i dont know anyone at the club envolved in trading.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Of course some of the talk is stupid.

But i don't think teh talk for Charman was.

Was interested in coming back to the Saints 2/3 years ago. We made a play but nothing went through.

Again out of contract, talk about him coming to melbourne in Brisbane papers....

Of course we can talk about it.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
saintly wrote:

Andrew Hamilton

obviously havent woken up to pluggers sarcasm yet saintly!!
duh!!

nup, can't read sarcasm very well when it is written

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger i must admit you do tend to shoot down any talk of trade for any player by all mean i agree with you most will never come off but whats the harm in discussing it ??
i would rather read through 1000 "we should trade .... for ........ " threads then any more GT vs RB threads

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Not once have I said we cant talk about it bit but he was never coming back to Victoria he would have been going to Victoria. He is a Queenslander born and bred so thats why I didnt think it would happen and also there was no way on earth the Lions were going to let him go and he also owns a business up there.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:

most footy players are
most really arent...