Junior Football Attack - Caroline Wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

osama milne laden
Club Player

was jethro full forward?

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

No, but I wish Ellie May did the rub downs .....

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
osama milne laden
Club Player

Was Granny providing Jethro with that dodgy angelica root and heartleaf stimulant?

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

We didn't have "Pie Nights", we had "Possum Stew nights".

Mighty fine victuals.

Come to think of it Caro doesn't look alot unlike Miss Hathaway.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
my les foote
Club Player

Thanks to all those who contributed "Caro's ugly" to the discussion. Not talking about you Selhurst, Miss Hathaway was just my type.

Some things to note.

Batsanis is not named in the article this was added by the original poster
The coach is a big fan of Harvs
The great John Peter Budge played for Beverley Hills

Win it for HIM!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote:The great John Peter Budge played for Beverley Hills
As did Rod Owen and Paul Roos.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:

I always thought he was introduced to StKilda by Dave Andrews, the MSJFL President who was his coach. Tha would be then very surprising if he played for Beverly Hills and not one of the local bayside clubs?

mischa
Club Player

More self indulgent drivel. How do these ppl get salaries?

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
satchmo wrote:

I always thought he was introduced to StKilda by Dave Andrews, the MSJFL President who was his coach. Tha would be then very surprising if he played for Beverly Hills and not one of the local bayside clubs?
Strangely enough I think we recruited him from Kew Rovers? I once asked Rod how this came about and he said although he lived in a Saints zone he was recruited to Kew by some bloke who was putting together a super team. Apparently about six blokes ended up playing league footy from his team.

Mark Browning also played for the "Hillbillies" at Zerbes Reserve.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
satchmo wrote:

Strangely enough I think we recruited him from Kew Rovers? I once asked Rod how this came about and he said although he lived in a Saints zone he was recruited to Kew by some bloke who was putting together a super team. Apparently about six blokes ended up playing league footy from his team.

rod played for mentone grammer before being recruited by the saints and making his debut just after his sixteenth birthday.......i don't know about these other sides you are talking about.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Selhurst Saint wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
satchmo wrote:

rod played for mentone grammer before being recruited by the saints and making his debut just after his sixteenth birthday.......i don't know about these other sides you are talking about.....
His Saturaday side when not playing school footy was Kew.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

yeah, you're right Rod played for Kew Rovers, my mistake.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote:The coach is a big fan of Harvs
correct...coach is a great player also...hails from caulfield grammer and atm plays for their amature side

was brilliant last year and wouldve been this year but has had shocking luck with injuries...had a knee reco, then a workplace accident, then some bone disease and something else

last year was always in the top 3 best for his games and always seem to finish with one-two goals...putting all biased opinions aside i wouldnt have been surprised if he had been rookie listed (as an Andrew Thompson type) after his season last year had it not been for his knee reco...i think he was also named in the best for the Victorian under 23s amature games last year as well

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Good to see people more concerned with the messenger than the message. The issue is important, how many people here would like to see something like that happen at their kids games? How many people think that a young junior coach deserves that kind of confrontation?

These are kids playing a game.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
ninesboy

SaintBot wrote:
correct...coach is a great player also...hails from caulfield grammer and atm plays for their amature side

was brilliant last year and wouldve been this year but has had shocking luck with injuries...had a knee reco, then a workplace accident, then some bone disease and something else

last year was always in the top 3 best for his games and always seem to finish with one-two goals...putting all biased opinions aside i wouldnt have been surprised if he had been rookie listed (as an Andrew Thompson type) after his season last year had it not been for his knee reco...i think he was also named in the best for the Victorian under 23s amature games last year as well

paddle pop lion, it took me long enough to work out who it was writting these nice things about me... thanks mate. Congrats on your B&F win and hope you go onto play some handy footy. Would have been super to have you with me this year. thanks again for the nice words, hopefully i can stay on the park next year! cheers mate.

caaaaaaaaarrrrrrnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaa sainters!

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

ninesboy wrote:
SaintBot wrote:

paddle pop lion, it took me long enough to work out who it was writting these nice things about me... thanks mate. Congrats on your B&F win and hope you go onto play some handy footy. Would have been super to have you with me this year. thanks again for the nice words, hopefully i can stay on the park next year! cheers mate.

gday mate didnt realise you looked on here...wouldve liked to have played with you this year but i think having the season in the other team has done me some good. hope to see you playing sometime next year.

and howd you figure that it was the paddlepop lion ey

ninesboy

SaintBot wrote:
ninesboy wrote:
SaintBot wrote:

gday mate didnt realise you looked on here...wouldve liked to have played with you this year but i think having the season in the other team has done me some good. hope to see you playing sometime next year.

and howd you figure that it was the paddlepop lion ey
i know everything big man... nah i was scouting about to see what had been written about it all, as there hasnt been a decision made yet. well we havent been notified of anything so i was snooping. Then i went to extreme measures to figure out it was you...so thanks for pumping up the tyres legend..

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

ninesboy wrote:i know everything big man... nah i was scouting about to see what had been written about it all, as there hasnt been a decision made yet. well we havent been notified of anything so i was snooping. Then i went to extreme measures to figure out it was you...so thanks for pumping up the tyres legend..
haha no problem...but the main question remains - have your sunnies been replaced?

ninesboy

SaintBot wrote:
ninesboy wrote:i know everything big man... nah i was scouting about to see what had been written about it all, as there hasnt been a decision made yet. well we havent been notified of anything so i was snooping. Then i went to extreme measures to figure out it was you...so thanks for pumping up the tyres legend..
haha no problem...but the main question remains - have your sunnies been replaced?
nah i did it off m own back mate, i actually didnt ask for an of that to be written, although im chuffed with the article. im not bothered about the sunnies, summer is coming so i was due for a new pair anyways.
cheers paddle pop

Bevan Shorluey
Club Player

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Good to see people more concerned with the messenger than the message. The issue is important, how many people here would like to see something like that happen at their kids games? How many people think that a young junior coach deserves that kind of confrontation?

These are kids playing a game.
At last, a voice of reason. Those of you that have glossed over this by your "Caro's ugly" statements are pathetic. Look beyond the writer and read the message, but I guess you need half a brain to do that.