Brooks vs Rix vs m Clarke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
The_Dud wrote:i don't go to training, but my opinion would be

ruck skills - Clarke > Rix > Brooks

disposal - Brooks > Rix > Clarke

effort - Rix >Clarke > Brooks

overall - Rix >Clarke > Brooks

Surely Ruck Skills and Disposel isnt of the same WORTH as effort.
i would disagree

if Brooks was puting in the same amount of effort as Rix, he would have been the one playing for half the season in the AFL, not Rix

so even tho he had worse skills, Rix got a game ahead of Brooks time and time again purely on the fact that he has a red hot crack

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
jwato

to fix ruck trade for no. one.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
Spinner wrote:

i would disagree

if Brooks was puting in the same amount of effort as Rix, he would have been the one playing for half the season in the AFL, not Rix

so even tho he had worse skills, Rix got a game ahead of Brooks time and time again purely on the fact that he has a red hot crack
Is that Effort measured in Meters (m) or Meters per Second (m/s)

Or is it measured by some bulls*** that has come out of your arse?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
Spinner wrote:

i would disagree

:roll:

you wouldn't be at all bitter that your boy Brooks never gets a game, would you?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
Spinner wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
Spinner wrote:

i would disagree

you wouldn't be at all bitter that your boy Brooks never gets a game, would you?

Answering a question with another question???

You dont think that you know your wrong and basically dont have any evidence nor simple logic to explain your original statement when challenged?

Nice one!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
Spinner wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
Spinner wrote:

i would disagree

Answering a question with another question???

You dont think that you know your wrong and basically dont have any evidence nor simple logic to explain your original statement when challenged?

Nice one!
effort as in having a crack and putting your body on the line

sorry, i thought it was obvious

Solar
Saintsational Legend

From the match today

All three struggled to actually put their hit outs to any advantage. Clarke and rix were killed around the ground, while brooks dominated.....

Oh i forgot, its the VFL so lets just use training and years old vision of the players....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
From the match today

All three struggled to actually put their hit outs to any advantage.

, while brooks dominated.....

Dominated in the ruck...or???

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Solar wrote:
From the match today

All three struggled to actually put their hit outs to any advantage.

, while brooks dominated.....

Dominated in the ruck...or???
dominated around the grounds, none of the rucks dominated the stoppages

FQF
In richo I trust

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Dominated in the ruck...or???
Around the ground. Just from listening to about half the game I heard Brooks getting the footy more than any other saint. Must have taken at least 12 marks.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yes I heard that on the radio too.

comments like quick hands, great mark, nice kicks to advantage, they reckon he dished a beauty to guerry? who then ran into an open goal and missed.

the comments on the radio were clarke was doing well int he ruck but was thrashed around the ground, and rix I didn't hear much of at all.

heard geurry, armitage a few times, a few comments that watts being scragged adn the umpires were refusing to pay it as well was mentioned a couple of times.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
RooandKosi
Club Player

Rix and M.Clarke are out sureLY

Brooks can kick goals and mark. Keep brooks

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Christ I hope we keep Brooks for another year. Even the haters must admit the guy has serious talent, and his application to the task this year has been much much better with countless 'bests' in the 2's.. Next year may be his watershed, as with McIntosch this year.

Rix has shown that it doesnt matter how hard you try, when your a hack, your a hack. Surely he will be cut. If Brooks was given half the go that Rix has been afforded we would be seeing a vastly imporved player, and possible gun. He was thrown to the wolves in that debacle of a game at the MCG v.s Hawthorn, and seems to have had his papers stamped.

If he goes I will be very disappointed, but hope he does get a chance elsewhere, as he will make it.. Alternatively, Rix must go as he has been given a chance with us, and he has not made it..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Christ I hope we keep Brooks for another year. Even the haters must admit the guy has serious talent, and his application to the task this year has been much much better with countless 'bests' in the 2's.. Next year may be his watershed, as with McIntosch this year.

Rix has shown that it doesnt matter how hard you try, when your a hack, your a hack. Surely he will be cut. If Brooks was given half the go that Rix has been afforded we would be seeing a vastly imporved player, and possible gun. He was thrown to the wolves in that debacle of a game at the MCG v.s Hawthorn, and seems to have had his papers stamped.

If he goes I will be very disappointed, but hope he does get a chance elsewhere, as he will make it.. Alternatively, Rix must go as he has been given a chance with us, and he has not made it..
Brooks will be delisted and will not be picked up by another club. Reason is simple 8 games in 6 years.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Christ I hope we keep Brooks for another year. Even the haters must admit the guy has serious talent, and his application to the task this year has been much much better with countless 'bests' in the 2's.. Next year may be his watershed, as with McIntosch this year.

Brooks will be delisted and will not be picked up by another club. Reason is simple 8 games in 6 years.

He had a knee reco...so 2 years can easily be taken off that 6...

And he's a ruckman....4 years is pretty normal to spend in the reserves....

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i think mccintosh played 14 games in 4 years and didn't miss through a knee reco.

not saying that brooks is mccintosh, just by way of example.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He had a knee reco...so 2 years can easily be taken off that 6...

And he's a ruckman....4 years is pretty normal to spend in the reserves....
Alright. Fit for last 2 years agreed. How many games under 2 different coaches. 3. Are both coaches wrong?

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Alright. Fit for last 2 years agreed. How many games under 2 different coaches. 3. Are both coaches wrong?
Retirement of Gehrig, and Kosi playing more in the Ruck than forward must have something to do with his selection in 2008.

Surely with all of the retirements and delistings this year, to drop Brooks would only let us pick up a 5th round draft pick at best.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Alright. Fit for last 2 years agreed. How many games under 2 different coaches. 3. Are both coaches wrong?
Retirement of Gehrig, and Kosi playing more in the Ruck than forward must have something to do with his selection in 2008.

Surely with all of the retirements and delistings this year, to drop Brooks would only let us pick up a 5th round draft pick at best.
Under that pricipal you would never want more than 3 picks a year. Time is now for him. I have nothing against him but he isnt to AFL standard as 2 coaches agree.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Otiman wrote:

Under that pricipal you would never want more than 3 picks a year. Time is now for him. I have nothing against him but he isnt to AFL standard as 2 coaches agree.
quote me anywhere ross has said he is not AFL standard. The only time he talked about brooks was about his and watts form as forwards. He commented that it is hard for those two to get a game behind three huge forwards in gehrig, roo and kosi.

Gehrig is gone and kosi might have ruck more so it would be stupid to get rid of brooks just for the chance to make a fourth round pick.

Under your principle watts should go also! How many games in 4-5 years at the saints and crows?

FQF
In richo I trust

Shaggy
Club Player

I would prefer to get rid of our selectors before Brooks. At least Brooksy has performed this year.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:I would prefer to get rid of our selectors before Brooks. At least Brooksy has performed this year.
Nice One.