Poetic Justice?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

midas_touch
Club Player

Poetic Justice?

As most saints supporters would feel tonight, I am pretty shattered after tonight's result. We will not be in the finals, a position we haven't been in since 2003. Tomorrow is a mere dead rubber, even though the players will want to win for Thommo, and possibly Harvey, Gehrig, Clarke and Voss who are also possible retirees. However if you look at it objectively, did we actually deserve to make the finals if we happened to sneak into 8th spot? We only have ourselves to blame for the rather inconsistent year we have had. Amidst a few impressive performances, we suffered a couple of major final term fadeouts, a horror run from rounds 8-11, and issues in adjusting to a new coach and gameplan. A finals appearence would have glorified our year imo, however I'm confident we will bounce back and seek redemption in 2008. I don't regard this year as being similar to the one we had in 1999. Rather, I view this year as the year Geelong had last year. We should view this year as a reality check, and use the off season to re-establish where we are really at, and the direction we want to take. Some hard decisions have to be made, but I'm confident we will come out of it better than we came into it. The so called premiership window is far from shiut. 2008 cannot come soon enough.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

My sentiments exactly Midas. Whilst I was very disappointed last night, I've woken up this morning excited about seeing the boys play today. Will cheer just as loud.

It would have been an amazing feat to sneak into the 8 this season with the new coach & game plan. As I said a few weeks back this will hopefully make the players realise that it won't just happen for them & that they do have to work hard for it.