Saints close to securing Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ashjam
Club Player

31 August 2007 Herald Sun
Mark Stevens

JUSTIN Koschitzke could sign a long-term deal to remain at St Kilda as early as next week.

Although Koschitzke's manager Liam Pickering last night refused to put a time frame on an agreement, discussions are progressing well.

With Nick Riewoldt and Nick Dal Santo locked away, Koschitzke is the No. 1 priority for the Saints.

Out of contract this season, Koschitzke has enormous currency in the market given his flexibility as a ruck and key-position option.

But Pickering has eased the fears of St Kilda fans, declaring Koschitzke has not considered a move.

"All I'm talking to at the moment is St Kilda," Pickering said.

"There's no dramas from my end. We're down the track and everything seems to be progressing well.

"I don't expect there to be too many issues.

"I haven't spoken to other clubs about him."

Negotiations have been taking place for the past two to three weeks.

"St Kilda put an offer through and we're working through it at the moment," Pickering said.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Woo hoo. :lol:

mischa
Club Player

Finally some good news :roll: If it's true that is.

JeffDunne

mischa wrote:Finally some good news :roll: If it's true that is.
Of course it's true mischa. How many quality players actually change clubs?

It's rare because the system doesn't facilitate easy transfers and look at the angst thrown at players that do. Nick Stevens would be example enough to turn players off doing it.

You really would have to do a lot wrong to lose a player these days.

What really makes me laugh are the Privy Council that claim "he'll sign" as though they have some sort of inside knowledge. What's even more pathetic are the people that buy into it.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Nice to see a player manager being straight-forward for a change !!

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black