Two Hits on Riewoldt not picked up.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWal
Club Player

Two Hits on Riewoldt not picked up.

We will see the bias against St.Kilda as far as the tribunal after this weekend.

In the first Quarter
A WCE clearly (in camera) charged and took Roo out of a contest. The WCE had no eyes for the ball and his only intent was to get Roo.

I haven't looked at the replay yet to see who it was. Roo did not even get a free kick from the green gimp McBurney.

In the same Quarter
Roo again was punched in the stomach by Hurn as they were flooding back up the field. This was clearly behind play and shook up Roo, so it clearly was intentional with force and behind play.

Now we will see the uneven playing field.

carn_sainter
Club Player

stop being a whiny wuss

two wrongs don't make a right...think about the ramifications if all these things got picked up and players were rubbed out

the victim attitude among saints fans in general is deplorable

yes we got ripped off...whining about others doesn't change that and if you really want the rules enforced so that every single player in the league gets ripped off every single week, you'll end up watching vfl sides at the dome

SaintWal
Club Player

"A whiny wuss"

I am deeply offended

SaintWal
Club Player

Carn_sainter

my point is the inequality that is shown towards my Football club. I like to see tough football and would hate it taken from the game!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

carn_sainter wrote:stop being a whiny wuss

two wrongs don't make a right...think about the ramifications if all these things got picked up and players were rubbed out

the victim attitude among saints fans in general is deplorable

yes we got ripped off...whining about others doesn't change that and if you really want the rules enforced so that every single player in the league gets ripped off every single week, you'll end up watching vfl sides at the dome
Sorry CarnSainter, I for one will not accept that oppostition players can do anything they like against our players (how many examplres do you want?) with impunity whilst ours go for any minor infraction.

All we want is a level playing field and what is illegal for our players to do to be illegal for our opponents.

It may well be a 'victim mentality' on my part but you go explain to Ball, Hayes, Riewoldt, Kosi etc why they can be used as 'crash test dummies' and Baker can be rubbed out for attempting to jumper punch?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Two Hits on Riewoldt not picked up.

SaintWal wrote:We will see the bias against St.Kilda as far as the tribunal after this weekend.

In the first Quarter

In the same Quarter
Roo again was punched in the stomach by Hurn as they were flooding back up the field. This was clearly behind play and shook up Roo, so it clearly was intentional with force and behind play.

Now we will see the uneven playing field.
Yep I saw that one as well, it took the wind out of him

Now that is an illegal sheppard

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
carn_sainter
Club Player

SaintWal wrote:I like to see tough football and would hate it taken from the game!
so, let's rub people out for soft, off the ball indiscretions...?

if it's wrong - as we all know it is - for bakes to have been suspended, then how is it right to do the same thing to everyone else in the comp?

and Mr Magic - i'm not saying they can do anything they like against a sainter, but that they shouldn't get rubbed out for rubbish nothingness like baker was

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Nothing wrong with expecting consistency in the decisions that are made by the AFL & also the umpires during the game.

carn_sainter
Club Player

snoopygirl wrote:Nothing wrong with expecting consistency in the decisions that are made by the AFL & also the umpires during the game.
but, when you're asking them to be CONSISTENTLY BAD, there is...

what's worse: 1 mistake or 100 consistent mistakes?

SaintWal
Club Player

carn_sainter wrote:
SaintWal wrote:I like to see tough football and would hate it taken from the game!

if it's wrong - as we all know it is - for bakes to have been suspended, then how is it right to do the same thing to everyone else in the comp?

and Mr Magic - i'm not saying they can do anything they like against a sainter, but that they shouldn't get rubbed out for rubbish nothingness like baker was
Carn Sainter if you do not understand my intentions for the post, then please do not go ranting on about it.

I qualified my post the first time. It is not about the hits it is about the inequality of the playing field.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

the funny thing i notices at one point milne threw a jumper punch to an eagles player channel 7 replayed it bout 4 times then in the next sequence judd did a fake to punch gilbo in the guts but as quickly as possible they changed vission (there was no punch but at the time you wernt sure cause the panned away with the shot it want til the end of the qtr did they replay it and you clarly see judd didnt hit gilbo )

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
carn_sainter
Club Player

SaintWal wrote:
carn_sainter wrote:

Carn Sainter if you do not understand my intentions for the post, then please do not go ranting on about it.

I qualified my post the first time. It is not about the hits it is about the inequality of the playing field.
i understand the point on equality BUT why look for equality if it results in EVERYONE being ripped off?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

carn_sainter wrote:
SaintWal wrote:
carn_sainter wrote:

i understand the point on equality BUT why look for equality if it results in EVERYONE being ripped off?
so what you are saying is st kilda is getting a raw deal and we should just wear it?

:roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
JeffDunne

I sort of agree with carn_sainter here but I fully understand the frustration that leads to these sort of calls.

While it pisses me off no end some of the decisions we have to wear, I am sick and tired of the undermining of what makes football a great sport.

If they were consistent based on their decision last week they'd be a dozen plus repots from last night's game.

Is that want we really want?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I sort of agree with carn_sainter here but I fully understand the frustration that leads to these sort of calls.

While it pisses me off no end some of the decisions we have to wear, I am sick and tired of the undermining of what makes football a great sport.

If they were consistent based on their decision last week they'd be a dozen plus repots from last night's game.

Is that want we really want?
I want one rule for everyone.

if it means reporting everyone, then so be it, the rule will get changed.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
JeffDunne

Dan Warna wrote:I want one rule for everyone.
Agree 100%
if it means reporting everyone, then so be it, the rule will get changed.
Dan, my issue is the subjective nature of their decision making. More and more I feel I am watching the WWF (or whatever it's called these days) rather than a sporting competition.

Their nonsensical interpretation of 'duty of care' in Baker's case opens a Pandora's box of interpretations if they apply it consistently. TBH, I don't know what's worse, their subjective application of the 'rules' or the remote possibility they might apply this interpretation consistently.

Either way they are screwing with what makes this game great.

Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

hunter should get a couple of weeks for that shouldnt he? :lol:

or will he get off coz he plays for the druggies?

Brewer
Club Player

I think if they applied the rule consistently, the greater footy public would be outraged and demand some action.

As it stands, they apply these rules inconsistently and insidiously and are allowed to get away with it, leaving a few teams reeling at huge suspensions and scratching their heads at bizarre interpretations.

If they intend to apply a rule at all, they should apply it across the board and have the courage of their convictions to try and justify to everyone - if they can't then they should change (or clarify) the rule.

As it is, it's a joke and it isn't getting any better.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.