Joe D retires… Max King for…

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Joe D retires… Max King for…

Insert your requirement here…McLuggage?

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Joe D retires… Max King for…

Some stupid idiot just signed Max King to a new deal that extends him to the end of 2032.
Can't get rid of him now without looking dumber than dumb.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

ace wrote: Thu 03 Oct 2024 7:00pm Some stupid idiot just signed Max King to a new deal that extends him to the end of 2032.
Just dreaming

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
saynta
Saintsational Legend

There is a video of Max on the Saints website. He is looking good...and strong.

So get off his effing back all you detractors.

repta
Club Player

Joe is 30. He could go again but many big men are done around 30.
Max. Long history of injuries. Signed until he is 32 ....
I hope there is some clauses in that contract.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

ace wrote: Thu 03 Oct 2024 7:00pm Some stupid idiot just signed Max King to a new deal that extends him to the end of 2032.
Ummmm...signs head coach to new deal, nek minit...

St Dave
Club Player

Can all you sooks decide who you want Max King to be and compare how they were going at the same age?

Because at 22 or 23 (noting this year was obviously impacted by injury) he is averaging more goals a game than Harry McKay, Charlie Curnow and Tom Hawkins were at the same age and he is on par with Nick Riewoldt (100 goals in 41 games for 2.44 avg vs Max 80 goals in 33 games 2.42 avg). He is about half a goal a game behind Jeremy Cameron at the same age. But they are just a handful of the last few Coleman medalists (plus Nick), so tell us all who you would prefer him to be.

The kid is a saints fan, is the best goal kicker we have had in over a decade (as a 22 year old) in front of our midfield with Membrey as our number 2, has one down year and has a vocal portion of the fan base out wishing he was traded. And you all wonder why he might have confidence issues and need to clear his head.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 03 Oct 2024 7:38pm There is a video of Max on the Saints website. He is looking good...and strong.

It's great to hear how excited Max sounds when he talks about slotting back into the line up. He was frustrated that he couldn't play, but happy to see the team playing an exciting brand of footy.

At the B&F our captain mentioned that the team needs to take that momentum from the last few rounds into next year.

Those last 8 games would have significantly changed some people's minds on Sharman and Byrnes and Clark. I also think Membrey and Jones showed they can be valuable contributors.

Considering how well the team played in our last 8 games...and considering the possible inclusions of Jack McRae and Ivan Soldo... it'll be interesting to ponder the changes on field for 2025.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Apologies in advance for a long post. Probably should start a new thread :|

A fully fit Liam Henry and Max King must be first 22, so how do we also fit Mcrae and Soldo into the team? Especially when we need a replacement for Battle

Can Shoenmaker or Caminiti do the job as well as Battle or do we have to bring in Laverde or Tomlinson or someone else?

King replaces Membrey (if Membrey leaves) and Mcrae possibly takes Dow's spot or Jones spot but who does Soldo replace? If Marshall becomes a forward does that mean Owens or Butler become the sub or do they play VFL?

Byrnes seems to be the one that might have to make way for Henry but I personally think that's a mistake. I reckon both Byrnes and Henry offer the team more than Hill (based on Hilly's output in the last 8 games). Byrnes and Henry win contested footy and can win clearances.

Might be difficult to fit Wood, Byrnes, Hill and Henry in the same team. It's similar when you look at inside mids. We can't have Clark, Steele, Mcrae Windhager and Dow in the same team.

Personally...I wouldn't bring in Mcrae, because I think Windhager and Henry need to slot into this team. I think we improve with both of these guys fully fit.

I expect that Clark, Dow and Byrnes are improving in their fitness and their inside game...and also don't forget Hugo Garcia is capable.

Personally...I wouldn't bring in Soldo because I think we should be using Max King similarly to how Brisbane used Joe Daniher. Caminiti is tall enough and he'd be perfect for second ruck but it's going to be impossible to play Caminiti, Marshall, King, Owens and Sharman in the forward line (if Soldo is the number 1 ruck).

Possibly Caminiti plays more VFL if we recruit Soldo and Hammer is back up for one of the talls. Assuming we lose Membrey, I personally would love King, Caminiti and Sharman to work together long term and be our permanent KP Forwards. Don't see how that works with Marshall down there in 2025

If match committee want to turn Caminiti into a permanent defender to fit in where Battle played (and we don't recruit a replacement like Laverde or Tomlinson) then King, Owens, Sharman become the talls and Henry, Butler and Higgins make up the remainder of our starting forward line.

SaintWiki
Club Player

You have to take risks to be on top of the game.

Hopefully the media loud mouths and foul weather supporters will learn a few things during the next 8 years.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Thu 03 Oct 2024 7:38pm There is a video of Max on the Saints website. He is looking good...and strong.

Spot on, I’m sure Mr King has a nice batch of humble pie being baked at this minute

ace
Saintsational Legend

SaintWiki wrote: Fri 04 Oct 2024 8:35am

Hopefully the media loud mouths and foul weather supporters will learn a few things during the next 8 years.
Those of us who remember the last premiership will be lucky to last another 8 years.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
loris
Saintsational Legend

[quote=ace post_id=2079414 time=1728008182 user_id=16175]
[quote=SaintWiki post_id=2079389 time=1727991301 user_id=4239]
[quote=ace post_id=2079362 time=1727942440 user_id=16175]
Some stupid idiot just signed Max King to a new deal that extends him to the end of 2032.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Those of us who remember the last premiership will be lucky to last another 8 years.
[/quote]

Speak for yourself Ace - I’m hanging in there - another 8 years is easy peasy - steel up man 😇